PDA

View Full Version : Otago Motorcycle Club Bucket 2 hour

fatboy1
10th October 2006, 17:51
Hi all.
The Otago Motocycle Club is running a 2 hour endurance race for Buckets on November 19th. The Silverstream kart track is used for bucket racing in Dunedin and is very tight and demanding.
It would be great to see some of the Christchurch bucket regulars come down for a taste of Buckets Dunedin style.

diesel pig
10th October 2006, 18:12
The King of Ruapuna is the same day but I would rather race buckets anyday, I think you will see me there!:cool:

Rashika
10th October 2006, 19:25
thats canty show weekend isn't it? Would be interesting, but geez a 2 hour race?
How would you handle that DP... you didn't manage the last 1 hour on your own didja? ;)

k14
10th October 2006, 19:30
The King of Ruapuna is the same day but I would rather race buckets anyday, I think you will see me there!:cool:
Where you get that date from? According to my calendar next king of ruapuna is 29th of oct and then after that its 2nd of dec. No meetings for 19th of nov unless things have changed???

Edit: Not to worry, just looked on motorcycling canterbury website (its up to date for a change) and looks as though they've add in an extra round on the 19th of november.

dangerous
10th October 2006, 20:48
Two hours.... FARK that, i was well rooted and went through 2 bikes in just our 1hr race, and that was on a big track... ill tghink about it :beer:

fatboy1
10th October 2006, 22:11
This is a team event, two riders (or more) one bike, compulsory pit stops etc. Not meant to be a gut buster just something a bit different.

TygerTung
11th October 2006, 00:07
Could be pretty keen, how can I find out more?:banana:

fatboy1
11th October 2006, 08:53
General outline something like this.

Maximum 20 bikes/teams in total
Minimum 2 riders per team

2x 10 minute practice sessions
Grid positions by draw
3 compulsory pit stops

10 am start time at the Silverstream Kart facility on November 19th.

F5 Dave
11th October 2006, 14:35
Done a few of these & they are great fun.

You may need to think of a few things, I’ll PM you some old regulations

Other things: Does your track require folding pegs & nylon covers?

2 x 10 min practice is a bit short for out of towners.

Clutch start or LeMans (LeMans tends to break things up so it is less of a sprint race & soon sorts it out after a few laps so is no diff if all pushstarted).

What to do after crashes? Refueling safety (although bikes do 2 hrs on one tank no problem).

Then Lapscorers are an issue.

Man I am tempted, but it is a long drive from wgtn & a ferry trip.

fatboy1
11th October 2006, 16:10
Mate, your a legend. Thanks heaps for the stuff you sent saves us re-inventing the wheel.
We would be open to more practice time and even a few sprint races before the 2 hour if thats what is wanted by out of town competitors.

Go on make the trip, you can stay with some of us Otago lads no problems.

Thanks again

dangerous
11th October 2006, 17:12
Hmmmmmmmm...... :beer:

gamgee
7th October 2007, 17:24
so did this happen and is it going to be an annual event, I'm just trying to get into bucket racing in dunedin, could someone pm me, cheers!

dangerous
7th October 2007, 17:35
so did this happen and is it going to be an annual event, I'm just trying to get into bucket racing in dunedin, could someone pm me, cheers!

Duno if it happened or not... but our 1hour TT happened last weekend, farking awesome to it was... try this guy as a contact Kevin Godard 021 379030

NighthawkNZ
7th October 2007, 17:41

Contact Kevin at the OMCC and or even join the club. We are always looking for new members...

Club meetings are at the Last Monday of the Month at 7:30pm at the club rooms.

The Otago Motorcycle Club
4 Clark Street
P.O Box 1160
Dunedin

(03) 477 5549 (should get an answer phone/Call minder)
omcc@actrix.co.nz

gamgee
7th October 2007, 21:16
what do i need to get into bucket racing? like what size bike? I have nothing but experience on the road at the moment, and a helmet, haha I need to get a bike...

dangerous
8th October 2007, 04:41
what do i need to get into bucket racing? like what size bike? I have nothing but experience on the road at the moment, and a helmet, haha I need to get a bike...

hers our web site, all info is on it. http://buckets.nzsbf.co.nz/