15 June Silverstone Great Britain
22 June Misano San Marino
13 July Laguna Seca United States
27 July Brands Hatch Great Britain
31 August tba tba
7 September Assen Netherlands
28 September Imola Italy
19 October Magny-Cours France

Phillip Island looks good to me, might haveta go me thinks.

wari
29th October 2002, 08:39
I'm planning on going to the SBK at Phillip Island in March ... anyone else thinking of doing the same?

Skunk
26th November 2002, 14:45
Can't afford both (not enough leave). Been to SBK (the wet one!) but haven't seen the MotoGP 4 stokes yet. :bigthumb:

SPman
26th November 2002, 17:59
WSBK might be a bit of a Ducati benefit next year.
So far Benelli are out, Aprilia are out, Kawasaki is out, Honda are out, and I dont think Suzuki are showing up either! The Foggy Petronas will probably be in, but its an unknown quantity.
Everyone is putting their resources into GP,which is looking better & better and waiting for SBK to get their act together and let in the 1000cc multis, which isnt scheduled until 2004.
Its a shame, because SBK has been exciting and the bikes are a lot closer to road bikes, but, a good racing series doesnt seem to stand in the way of raging egos on the organising front.

So for next year, it looks like AMA and BSB is where the superbike action will be and I think Eastern Creek might be the place to go!!!

wari
26th November 2002, 19:02
Originally posted by SPman
WSBK might be a bit of a Ducati benefit next year.
So far Benelli are out, Aprilia are out, Kawasaki is out, Honda are out, and I dont think Suzuki are showing up either...

So for next year, it looks like AMA and BSB is where the superbike action will be and I think Eastern Creek might be the place to go!!!

Surely not ALL those manufacturers have done a lemming ?

Eastern Creek ? ... tell me more ...

SPman
27th November 2002, 21:56
Whoops - did I get it wrong. :confused:
Is the GP at Philip Island as well........??:rolleyes:

wari
28th November 2002, 04:53
Originally posted by SPman
Whoops - did I get it wrong. :confused:
Is the GP at Philip Island as well........??:rolleyes:

eeyearp ... GP is at Philip Island ...

SPman
28th November 2002, 23:30
GP used to be at Eastern Creek...never mind...Philip Island...All the more reason to go!!! A much better circuit in my opinion...

particularly if we get an update on this...

wari
5th December 2002, 16:56
So ... are ya a goer then SP ?

SPman
5th December 2002, 17:16
At the moment, (no more disasters happening), I'm a starter for the GP in October.