PDA

View Full Version : NC30 chain adjustment?

gamgee
11th October 2006, 15:19
Hey, just wondering, as I've put new chain and sprockets on my nc30, how do I adjust the chain, I've never done one like this before, I found some vague instructions and was hoping someone could elaborate, apparently, I loosen bolt A, and then there is a bolt somewhere where B is pointing that adjusts the slack? I need to loosen it right off before I cut some links out of the chain, so I know how many links to take out, any help would be much appreciated!

sAsLEX
11th October 2006, 15:23
Yip loosed A about a 17mm I think

The thing pointed to by B is what adjusts the eccentricity of the hub if you rotate that clockwise it should loosen, you should do this with a c spanner that should be in your tool kit in the bike, mine had every thing else, so a hammer and a drift(srewdriver?) can be used to gently tap on the tabs of B to rotate it, but thats a rangi way of doing it!

Edit: B looks like the pic, kinda

gamgee
11th October 2006, 15:26
damn it yeah I thought there was some stupid tool I needed, fucken hondas, I'll have to do it rangi style :( cause those c spanners are like $70

gamgee
11th October 2006, 15:28
haha, cheers for the pic, that will help :2thumbsup

limbimtimwim
11th October 2006, 16:10
You want Honda part number 89201-MR8-000 . Give www.econohonda.co.nz a call. I hope it won't cost $70, that's arse.

Tyga also make a copy which should do the job, which including shipping won't be NZD$70.

http://tyga-performance.com/site/index.php?cPath=71_25&osCsid=6f3b470097275f23bf3cc4ea525e1ea9

That link will probably break, so on the left click on 'parts by product' and the 'tyga tools'. Enjoy :)

limbimtimwim
11th October 2006, 16:14
I'll have to do it rangi styleScrewdriver and hammer. But BE GENTLE because I think it is made out of aluminium.

Make sure that you don't adjust the eccentric hub to the top half of it's movement, you want it in the bottom half of it's movement. Apparently it is possible to do that. You'll lower the bike a few mm.

gamgee
12th October 2006, 16:37
Rungi woulda been proud! had the bike lifted up using an engine crane, taped that cog thing around using a big screwdriver and little hammer, and got it all wound back, but now that i've shortened the chain, I've realised I need a special tool to crimp the connecting link into place, does anyone know the name of this tool?