PDA

View Full Version : Pin striping...

degrom
11th October 2006, 20:08
Hi.

Has anyone done a bit of pin striping? I want to try my hand at it and is looking for any tips on this subject.

I have a few questions :
What paint do you use? (Can I use color coat paint?)
How long should you let the paint dry before you clear coat it?
Is it worth going for cheap brushes to start out?

I am also looking for close up pictures of pinstripe examples or people in New Zealand who does pinstripe work...

Thanks, all tips or info is welcome!!!

yungatart
12th October 2006, 07:17
PM mstrs - its part of his job! Paint???? Nah - use striping...

Matt Bleck
12th October 2006, 14:17
You gota use a special brush with nice long hairs, this helps get nice straight lines if your doing it all by hand. Speed of hand and looking ahead of your briush is the key. Always do some practice strokes to get your eye in so to speak.

When I was signwriting trucks we would use fineline tape for the straight and long curves and hand brush the corners and scroll's. The paint we would use was a two epiglass paint, but this would depend on what your painting onto.

degrom
12th October 2006, 17:38
You gota use a special brush with nice long hairs, this helps get nice straight lines if your doing it all by hand. Speed of hand and looking ahead of your briush is the key. Always do some practice strokes to get your eye in so to speak.

When I was signwriting trucks we would use fineline tape for the straight and long curves and hand brush the corners and scroll's. The paint we would use was a two epiglass paint, but this would depend on what your painting onto.

Hi Thanks for the tips,
I want to pinstripe on bike... Just to round of the merging of different colors.