PDA

View Full Version : Zed's dead, baby, Zed's dead.

Zed
13th October 2006, 02:05
FABIAN
Butch, whose motorcycle is this?
BUTCH
It's a chopper, baby.
FABIAN
Whose chopper is this?
BUTCH
Zed's.
FABIAN
Who's Zed?
BUTCH
Zed's dead, baby, Zed's dead.

Well just for the record i'm still very much alive, but life circumstances once again dictate to me that I will be bikeless shortly, and quite probably for some time to come. This decision i've made for a number of personal reasons. My bike is currently for sale here (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=73728967) if anyone is interested.

I know and understand by past observations that *goodbye* threads are a bit of a joke on KiwiBiker, but rather than just disappear into the shadows (which is what i intended on doing) i decided i'd do you the courtesy of one final thread. I have made so many biker friends and acquaintances over the near 3 years that i've been a member here that i think i owe you this much.

I joined KB on 21st January 2004 and at the time i owned and was riding a Kawasaki Z(ed)X6R green machine, hence the nickname Zed. See, it has nothing to do with that weird Tarantino movie! After riding the Kwaka for about a year i upgraded to a later model Honda CBR600F, but unfortunately i wrote that off about 6 months later on a KB ride (surprise surprise?). That bin saw me bikeless for a mere 6 months until i decided to have a go at the sport-tourer thing and purchased a Honda CBR1100XX, which was a great experience, but after 20,000kms i started feeling restricted on it and chose to get back onto a hardcore sprotsbike, so here i am on my current Honda (note a pattern emerging?) CBR954RR. (see attachments of all 4 machines)

Over this near 3 year period and these 4 machines KB has been a wonderful experience for me personally with meeting & riding with so many of you cool cats, venturing out on roads and to destinations that i'd never been to previously in my life, doing 10 trackdays over that time and LOVING it, and learning far more than i'd ever counted on about motorcycles through the great wealth of knowledge that exists on this site. I want to say a big thank you to everyone who has been a part of my KB experience!

On a final note, many of you know that i am a Christian man and that from time to time i have been outspoken about my beliefs on here, eg. The Scottish Thread (to keep you Macbeth fans happy by not mentioning it's real name), my signatures which have been Bible verses, and my custom user title "Seated in heavenly places" which is from Ephesians 2:6. I did get a hard time for my stand from a small group of members for the first 2 years of my participation on here, which was to be expected, but i'd just like to say that i purposefully restrained myself from being vocal a majority of the time (which was difficult for me) because i have respected that this is a biker site and not a religious forum, yet i did appreciate SpankMe creating an avenue for venting in the famous RR thread (oops nearly said it!). The battles behind the scenes were hard to bear at times however, but as my wife always reminded me "it takes two to tango, baby!" As a Christian and a biker i think i proved to many of you that we religious zealots aren't as strange (the Bible word is "peculiar") as you may think, and that at the end of the day there is not much difference between us. I would like to leave you with one last admonition from the Bible, and i do this out of love for you all:

Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Romans 10:9-11,13 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

So with that said and done i bid you all farewell, i wish you all a great life and my sincere prayer is that i meet up with you again in the life to come.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiney side up!

And so as the Two Ronnies used to say "it's goodbye from me (Matthew), and it's goodbye from him (Zed)!" :wavey:

Brian d marge
13th October 2006, 02:53
What an earth are you thinking Batman?

Thanks for all the support you have shown me over the year I have known you

Hope this is not a permenant decision

Best of luck for the future

Stephen

limbimtimwim
13th October 2006, 04:50
One less biker :(

Holy Roller
13th October 2006, 04:58
All the best for what you are up to. Its been great having you on the site, has it been that long how time flies.

Catch up some time even if its in Glory.

Blessings
Gordon

BigB
13th October 2006, 05:46
All the best for the future Matt it's been fun riding with you and to top it of your a great guy.

cheers

Brian

Blackbird
13th October 2006, 06:32
Good knowing you Matt and that weekend in Coro was great fun. Don't forget to call in if you're up that way.

Best wishes for the future.

Geoff

Finn
13th October 2006, 06:50
Jesus Christ Zed. The fact that you had a bike, could ride and you're a decent bloke, we could tolerate your religious fairy tales. So you're no longer a Christian biker. You're now just a Christian.

I hope your recent experience up north wasn't the cause of this unexplained departure.

You better have a good explanation or I feel some blasphemy coming on.

Sniper
13th October 2006, 06:50
Regardles of our clashes, you take care Zed. Look forward too seeing you online again.

RantyDave
13th October 2006, 06:53
I will be bikeless shortly, and quite probably for some time to come. This decision i've made for a number of personal reasons. My bike is currently for sale here (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=73728967) if anyone is interested.
Bummer. Will you be back? Are they the kind of circumstances that clear themselves up eventually?

Nice bike, BTW. If I was man enough for a litrebike I'd be very tempted.

Dave

Cajun
13th October 2006, 07:05
Laters Matt.

Was always a pleasure talking & riding with you mate.

Enjoy everything,

bugjuice
13th October 2006, 07:14
what, no final coro loop before the off..??
oh well, hope the wait isn't too long until you're back..
take care bud

frogfeaturesFZR
13th October 2006, 07:15
See ya Matt, always enjoyed your posts.:Pokey:

sels1
13th October 2006, 07:17
Never got to meet you in person, but often enjoyed you input to the site. Sorry to see you go, but wish you well for the future.
And as Dave Allen used to say at the end of his show...
"May your God go with you"

Harry33
13th October 2006, 07:21
I'm alittle confused to why your leaving. I realise your selling your bike but hopefully thats not the reason your moving on. I've never meet you but you seem like a good dude.
Well for whatever reasons, good luck :)

Racey Rider
13th October 2006, 07:25
Sorry I never got to meet you Zed.

Have a good one!
Though with 4 flash bikes in three years, it sounds like you have been having 'a good one'. :cool:

Tip for the wise: pick up a KRR150 for $2000. It may not be 'life' as you know it,, but it's a good alternative to a 'no bike hell'. Tell your lady it's a bit unreasonable to cut you from bikes 'cold turkey'. Perhaps weaning off bikes by buying something smaller is the way to go. (keeps you in the game!)

Racey

Joni
13th October 2006, 07:27
Wow, I never realised how long I've known you until I saw those pics... I met you on the Zed :2thumbsup .

Matt it's sad to see this thread, but I supose a person has to do what is required. I for one, have no doubt we will see you back on a gleaming new steed ahem and that means a Honda as soon as possible.

Take care.
:spudwave:

crashe
13th October 2006, 07:31
Zed - Whatever the reason for you to sell your bike and to give up biking....
That is your choice.... but I reckon in time you will find that urge to ride again...
so on that day, I shall say welcome back to KB.

Everyone has their own reasons for giving it away.... and thats cool.

Zed - I have enjoyed going on rides with you...... up 16, down 22 and the coro loop. Yep you are a christian, but on every ride that you and I have been on, you have never once thrown your christianity into our faces... respect for that mate.

Zed - You know where to find us all........... right here on KB.
So do keep in touch via pm's.

All the very best mate in what ever you are about to do......

Oh and when you are stuck in your car and you see us all flying up from behind just move over and let us by.... and dont forget to wave to us..
With summer coming up...... we shall be out there riding.....

scumdog
13th October 2006, 07:32
Does it HAVE to be goodbye?
Could you not keep posting on KB - even if bikeless??

Enjoyed your visit to this site anyway, hope to see some more sensible postings from you in the future.

McJim
13th October 2006, 07:38
We came, we saw, we clashed, we agreed to differ.........

I'll be happy if I get to be half the rider you are mate.

Take care whatever you do.

The Big McJim.

Joni
13th October 2006, 07:41
I'll be happy if I get to be half the rider you are mate.
Aint that the truth!!! :not:

Bend-it
13th October 2006, 07:41
Wow! Never actually met, but just wanna wish you all the best mate! You leaving the country or just priority changes?

Blessya man!

Mom
13th October 2006, 07:43
We will miss you Matt......make sure you stay in touch OK!

Take care mate

Anne

Paul in NZ
13th October 2006, 07:50
Well - drat. I'm pretty sure we don't agree on a lot of stuff Matt but I do respect your opinion and determination. Certainly, you set a high standard for yourself and that is indeed admirable. I belive KB will be poorer if you decide to stop posting.

Selling your bike seems like a big step now but lets face it, you would not be the first motorcyclist to take a break for a few seasons. If the passion runs true we will see you back in the wind - nothing surer.

Adios Matt - If you see a fat old gimp on a fading Moto Guzzi or a Tarts Triumph rumbling down your street, stop me and say hi and if ever think I can be of some assistance to you, you know where to find me...

Paul N

Squeak the Rat
13th October 2006, 07:51
Enjoyed your posts dude, and enjoyed even more the reactions from certain members :rofl: Safe travels whatever mode of transport you choose.

SARGE
13th October 2006, 07:52
hey Zed.

regardless of our disagreements, i wish you all the best.. take care and (believe it or not) i hope to see you back on 2 and on KB soon

its good to have a worthy sparring partner

erik
13th October 2006, 08:01
It's a shame to see you go.

Hopefully I'll see you back on a bike in the not too distant future.

MyGSXF
13th October 2006, 08:07
Nice talkin with ya Z... all the best for the future! :rockon:

Jen

The_Dover
13th October 2006, 08:12
what the fuck? are you on crack motherfucker?

I hope you've got a damned good reason you crazy bitch.

You are always welcome at our place man, bike or no bike, so make sure you don't become a stranger.

My final word, don't be an arse, you know you love that thing, even if it is a frickin honda.

placidfemme
13th October 2006, 08:15
Well just for the record i'm still very much alive, but life circumstances once again dictate to me that I will be bikeless shortly, and quite probably for some time to come. This decision i've made for a number of personal reasons. My bike is currently for sale here (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=73728967) if anyone is interested.

I know and understand by past observations that *goodbye* threads are a bit of a joke on KiwiBiker, but rather than just disappear into the shadows (which is what i intended on doing) i decided i'd do you the courtesy of one final thread. I have made so many biker friends and acquaintances over the near 3 years that i've been a member here that i think i owe you this much.

I joined KB on 21st January 2004 and at the time i owned and was riding a Kawasaki Z(ed)X6R green machine, hence the nickname Zed. See, it has nothing to do with that weird Tarantino movie! After riding the Kwaka for about a year i upgraded to a later model Honda CBR600F, but unfortunately i wrote that off about 6 months later on a KB ride (surprise surprise?). That bin saw me bikeless for a mere 6 months until i decided to have a go at the sport-tourer thing and purchased a Honda CBR1100XX, which was a great experience, but after 20,000kms i started feeling restricted on it and chose to get back onto a hardcore sprotsbike, so here i am on my current Honda (note a pattern emerging?) CBR954RR. (see attachments of all 4 machines)

Over this near 3 year period and these 4 machines KB has been a wonderful experience for me personally with meeting & riding with so many of you cool cats, venturing out on roads and to destinations that i'd never been to previously in my life, doing 10 trackdays over that time and LOVING it, and learning far more than i'd ever counted on about motorcycles through the great wealth of knowledge that exists on this site. I want to say a big thank you to everyone who has been a part of my KB experience!

On a final note, many of you know that i am a Christian man and that from time to time i have been outspoken about my beliefs on here, eg. The Scottish Thread (to keep you Macbeth fans happy by not mentioning it's real name), my signatures which have been Bible verses, and my custom user title "Seated in heavenly places" which is from Ephesians 2:6. I did get a hard time for my stand from a small group of members for the first 2 years of my participation on here, which was to be expected, but i'd just like to say that i purposefully restrained myself from being vocal a majority of the time (which was difficult for me) because i have respected that this is a biker site and not a religious forum, yet i did appreciate SpankMe creating an avenue for venting in the famous RR thread (oops nearly said it!). The battles behind the scenes were hard to bear at times however, but as my wife always reminded me "it takes two to tango, baby!" As a Christian and a biker i think i proved to many of you that we religious zealots aren't as strange (the Bible word is "peculiar") as you may think, and that at the end of the day there is not much difference between us. I would like to leave you with one last admonition from the Bible, and i do this out of love for you all:

Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Romans 10:9-11,13 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

So with that said and done i bid you all farewell, i wish you all a great life and my sincere prayer is that i meet up with you again in the life to come.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiney side up!

And so as the Two Ronnies used to say "it's goodbye from me (Matthew), and it's goodbye from him (Zed)!" :wavey:

Hey Zed... Sorry to see you going as I havn't had the oppertunity to ride with you yet... but I wish you the best in whatever your future holds :2thumbsup

onearmedbandit
13th October 2006, 08:20
Take it easy mate, sad to see you go but life takes us in new directions all the time. Hope to see you back on 2 wheels and on KB again soon.

Keystone19
13th October 2006, 08:22
I'll miss you Matt.

Fishy
13th October 2006, 08:23
Hey Matt,

All the best man, hope you won't be bikeless for too long. Take care mate.

ManDownUnder
13th October 2006, 08:24
Matt, very few (if any) on KB have earned my respect more than you mate.

I'd love you to stay in touch, but if circumstances prevent that for whatever reason I wish you and yours well.

If I can can help - ring 24x7. You have my details
Nigel

DMNTD
13th October 2006, 08:32
Yo Brother Zed!! Bit out of left field there mate but sometimes choices must be made that aren't always the easiest eh mate.
What ever your reasons are they must be huge so I support ya fully bud.
You've got to be the best Christian bloke I've ever met dude and have enjoyed our discusions and the tolerance/respect you've shown towards our differing views...I guess that's what makes a true Christian gent.
Have ridden/partied and hung out with yee more than a couple of times and NEVER have a felt personal views coming into it...just a bloody good bloke....especially when you've been mono'n at 100++++kmph (show off pratt/freak!).
I'm certain you know you're always welcome up here if you need a t/o from Latte-land :2thumbsup
BTW: I know where ya live...so ya not getting off that lightly :chase:

WRT
13th October 2006, 08:37
Hey Zed, shame to see you go. I've enjoyed your input on KB and face to face your a good guy and a great rider. I'll look forward to catching up on another ride with you sometime in the future.

adiddy
13th October 2006, 08:38
never got to meet you zed, but enjoy what are going to do...
take care and god bless

skelstar
13th October 2006, 08:40
Sorry to see you go man. I am lucky that I met you and good luck with what ever you do in the future.

Postie
13th October 2006, 08:53
Hey Matt, I only got to do a couple of ride's with ya, but they were all good. Its a shame I might not get the oportunity again.
KB will be less rich without your views and imput, but just cos you don't have a bike, doesn't mean you can't stop in for a yarn every now and again.
I hope to see you around for a beer some time soon. (Frosty's track day 5/11/06 maybe????)

Take it easy mate

The_Dover
13th October 2006, 08:57
oh yeah, if you ever feel the urge then you're welcome to take my gixxer for a thrash.

Matt Bleck
13th October 2006, 08:58
Bummer to see ya going Matt, hopefully it's not for long....

zadok
13th October 2006, 09:11
This came as a bit of a suprise! Enjoyed meeting you and the others for the Coro run that time. Was looking forward to catching up again in February in Paeroa.
All the best and God Bless.

Al
13th October 2006, 09:18
Sorry to see you go Mate!
Hopefully7 everything sorts itself out and you are back on 2 wheels as soon as you can be.
Take care

Al

Smokin
13th October 2006, 09:27
Your a top bloke Zed and just because your selling your bike mate doesn't meen you can't hang around the forums.

At the end of the day the choice is your's and I wish you all the best for the future but it sure is a real loss to see you leave.

Look after yourself buddy :cool:

Gordy

Lias
13th October 2006, 09:44
Like others have said, and no doubt others will say after me, being bikeless doesnt mean you need to stop posting!

If you do decide to leave anyways, I'm sure I speak for all of us when i say were more than willing to have you back anytime to bump heads with, and wish you the best of luck with life in general.

The Stranger
13th October 2006, 09:46
Was always a pleasure riding or drinking with you. There are only a few riders I have 100% confidence in and you are one of them sir.

Good luck man.

kiwifruit
13th October 2006, 09:55
we'll meet again Matt
take care :cool:

terbang
13th October 2006, 10:05
Good post there Zed. Enjoyed riding with ya and especially liked the wheelies you allways seem to be doing at some fairly big numbers as well.

Sampai jumpa lagi
B

Wolf
13th October 2006, 10:08
Bugger, who am I going to argue with now? :devil2:

Sorry you're going to be bikeless and that you won't be frequenting this forum. Hope it's not going to be a permanent thing.

Really enjoyed our exchanges and the challenges you've posed - especially in the Scottish Thread, even though we have clashed quite strongly.

I respect the fact that, despite our polar opposite views and the often animated exchanges, you have never once "Red blinged" (blung? blang?) me for stating a viewpoint counter to your own.

Sorry I never got a chance to meet you in person and go on a ride with you. Hope that there may be some possibility of that in the future.

All the best to you in what you choose to occupy your time with now you won't be riding and debating scriptures in RR.

Take care, Matt.

avgas
13th October 2006, 10:26
WTF!!!! where will you go?

Macktheknife
13th October 2006, 10:27
Zed, all the best to you and yours, I hope to see and hear from you again. You will be missed.
Whatever your reasons are, I hope your troubles are few and your triumphs are many, may the road always rise up to meet you and may the route always be interesting.
Respect and regards
Mack

Crazy Steve
13th October 2006, 10:49
I understand fully, Im thinking about giving up Road bikes myself..

Take care..

Crazy Steve..

MikeL
13th October 2006, 11:07
Matt, our religious viewpoints couldn't be more different, but I have to say that you always argued your case with dignity and respect, and never descended to personal abuse, and for that I admire you. I regret that we didn't have more rides together - you were a congenial companion and I have pleasant memories of Highway 22 in particular.
Best wishes for the future, Matt, and remember that people, and circumstances, change. There's probably another bike in your future somewhere...

Motu
13th October 2006, 11:16
Wow,there have been some serious turn arounds here....but I won't.The guys got some major head problems and I hope he can sort them out.Zed won't be missed by me one bit.A good bye thread is typical.....

Colapop
13th October 2006, 11:22
Zed, it is a shame to see that you'll be off two wheels, by all accounts you're not half bad at staying upright (and leaving only one wheel on the ground!) Although argumentative I've enjoyed your posts. Do you have to leave the cyber-world that is KB? (regardless of being sans bike)

Brett
13th October 2006, 11:57
Sad to see you moving off the forum Zed, never got to ride with ya, but it was cool to see your stand for Christ, much respect to you.

Take care, hopefully you will be up on one again some time soon eh?

emaN
13th October 2006, 12:04
So what's your new handle?...:whistle:

The Stranger
13th October 2006, 13:17
The guys got some major head problems and I hope he can sort them out.

Perhaps you should stick to diagnosing heads that you know something about.

Ixion
13th October 2006, 13:56
Sorry to hear that. I shall miss you. But I reckon it's in your blood, you'll be back on two wheels one day.

God keep you and yours, and may the blessing of God Almighty, the Father, the Son , and the Holy Ghost remain with you always.

Wolf
13th October 2006, 14:09
Sorry to hear that. I shall miss you. But I reckon it's in your blood, you'll be back on two wheels one day.

God keep you and yours, and may the blessing of God Almighty, the Father, the Son , and the Holy Ghost remain with you always.
Watch it - that sounds very Trinitarian to me and will soon be merged with the Scottish Thread :p

Joni
13th October 2006, 14:11
Watch it - that sounds very Trinitarian to me and will soon be merged with the Scottish Thread :pHmm without Matt these statements dont have much chuckle value :(

Korumba
13th October 2006, 14:12
All the best Mate..

Wolf
13th October 2006, 14:30
Hmm without Matt these statements dont have much chuckle value :(
I tried :(

Motu
13th October 2006, 14:48
Perhaps you should stick to diagnosing heads that you know something about.

I sussed him out a long time ago,no need for a rediagnosis,he's still the same I assure you.Another slimy christian.

Skyryder
13th October 2006, 16:12
I've been trying to think of some deep meaningfull comment that will strike a cord so that in your dotage I may be remembered in your prayers. But I can't. All I can think of is that you're the reason we have the Pointelss Drivel section so with luck the religous ravings thread will be consingned to the trash can; at last. :banana:

Good luck Zed and God Bless to you and all who dwell within your heart. :love:

Skyryder

WINJA
13th October 2006, 16:16
Jesus Fucken Christ , Its Like I Won But What A Hollow Victory

M1CRO
13th October 2006, 16:18
Zed - Understand the decision to sell your bike is yours (like a few people have mentioned already). Dont quite understand the final farewell
Will miss you greatly - :weep:

Maha
13th October 2006, 16:26
Been on a few rides with you Matt, and your company (not to mention how much you eat when we stop ) will be missed for sure mate. You know where we live, there will always be drink here for ya, just no more dancing ok? :banana:

Was kinda hoping you would have turned up on Sunday, but looking unlikely huh?..:weep:

Do what ya gotta do mate and peace be with you....Mark

NinjaBoy
13th October 2006, 16:36
Good to have met and ridden with you Matt. Hopefully this is a temporary absence rather than a permanent one.

stify
13th October 2006, 16:46
been a pleasure to ride with ya matt, catch ya round someday

cheers stify

MacD
13th October 2006, 17:07
Best wishes Matt, for whatever the future has in store, but I'm sure you'll find your way back to a bike sooner or later, we all do!

Qkkid
13th October 2006, 17:34
:oi-grr: :oi-grr:Well Matt I dont know what to say :hug: First of all God bless you your a neat straight up guy irregardless of your christian beliefs :( me and Dawn loved your company on our rides :whistle: Particulary when you were lookin up to the sky while riding:whistle: I hope you will come and visit us (come and have a spa) you know how to get in contact with us. You will be sorely missed by both of the Qkkies. We hope your path crosses with ours again in the future.
Take care my friend
Qkkid and Qkchk :wavey: :wavey: :niceone: :hug:

SARGE
13th October 2006, 17:43
so i guess this means i can take you off my Ignore List then?

can you take Rent-a-kid- Masterbator and ShitMark with you?

i need to free up a few spaces :Pokey: :Pokey:

seriously .. sorry to see ya go bro.. stay well Zed... hope to see you back sooner than later ..

Two Smoker
13th October 2006, 17:46
All the best Matt :niceone: Thought about a track bike??? Im sure you will get back into bikes, but make sure you pop along to a few races :niceone:

Cheers, Chris

SwanTiger
13th October 2006, 17:46
Bye.

SPman
13th October 2006, 18:11
Ciao Matt....like a lot of people on here...not half as bad in real life......now......who can we kick around next...?

Next online zealot please.......step right up........thread waiting........no queues..........

Scouse
13th October 2006, 18:50
Im sorry to see you leaving us Matt you are a top guy I enjoyed the rides that you organised and and the ones of mine that you came on I note you got me back big time on the last Coro Loop. KB will be a poorer place with out your input and mate ignore the naysayer he's in a minority. I Hope you do find the wont in future to return back into the fold that is KB. Dude you may very well sell your bike but keep posting.
anyway Cheers matt
Steve

chickenfunkstar
13th October 2006, 19:26
Always a pleasure riding with you Matt.

Take care,

Tom

digsaw
13th October 2006, 19:31
Yep meet a couple of times , went on one of your rides, yep Zed,and it was all good. Best wishes in waat you are doing but YOU will be back matee:banana:

oldguy
13th October 2006, 19:57
Zed sorry to hear your going to leave us, glad I got the chance to meet and go on a couple of rides with you, take care mate,

John

SlowHand
13th October 2006, 20:17
nOW who will entertain me with wheelies on trackdays... :bye:

Rogue Rider
13th October 2006, 20:42
Bless you bro, ride or live safe. May the ministry path you travel be a blessing to both you and your family. I truely pray that as you walk the Lord will lead and guide you and keep you safe.
God loves bikers too, I ride with a united bunch of beleivers from the redeemed to christian riders, Seed of abraham, and balams ass. Your welcome to scope us out if you wish a ministry fellowship. We ride purely for the gospel and for fun ministry with 1%ers.
God Bless.

SuperDave
13th October 2006, 20:48
All the best for the future man.
Good to have met ya and enjoyed riding with you.

Rogue Rider
13th October 2006, 20:50
Wow,there have been some serious turn arounds here....but I won't.The guys got some major head problems and I hope he can sort them out.Zed won't be missed by me one bit.A good bye thread is typical.....

I extend grace to you too my brother. I guess I'll pick up just for you. Christ died not for the Godly but for the unGodly, so I guess alot qualify....

Never met ZED, but I respect all and fellwoship with hardened bikers, and criminals and you know they don't have a bad word to say about Godly men.

Teflon
13th October 2006, 20:59
It was good riding with you. See you on the otherside.

oldrider
13th October 2006, 21:31
Goodbye for now Mathew, I never met you but that is a deep seated love of bikes that you have there, I think you will be back. Good luck. Cheers, John.

padre
13th October 2006, 21:53
:weep: Its terrible. Appalling. You'll be missed. Your kind blessing is accepted, but must it be the last? Stick to your guns though and may your decisions, if hard for us to process - bring you peace. Can't you just store her?

marty
13th October 2006, 21:57
i see he hasn't logged on (as Zed anyway) since he posted this thread.

how many have been able to do that? hell i left - even sold my bike, but it was the first place i checked when i landed and found a computer.

MadDuck
13th October 2006, 22:01
Matt..I am so sad to see you leave KB

We first met 3 years ago and you had some radical ideas and we didnt see eye to eye. But when I met you I put those ideas aside. You are the most ...amazing person on the site. You took me for what I am were despite the crap we gave u about your beliefs.

I was a BAC and only you will know what that means. I guess I fought your ideas as I didnt need to be reminded of the love I have turned my back on.

Peace be with you

Biff
14th October 2006, 00:14
Flippin eck Zed. Just as I'm beginning to get back into the habbit of forgetting to remember to log on here - you go and leave.

As one of the old skool KB regulars - you'll be missed.

All the very best. Come back to see us from time to time.

mstriumph
14th October 2006, 01:21
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

yes - i've always thought you were a sanctimonious, one-eyed, insufferable bigot[and treated you as such] but you are OUR sanctimonious, one-eyed, insufferable bigot and the place won't be the same without you

and i am GUTTED that you are having to sell the bike you love and i hope, to the depths of my little pagan soul that you are soon back on two wheels again

damn [obligitory pagan swear word]

[I]take care - and may your god, whatever you conceive him to be, go with you

moko
14th October 2006, 05:50
Adios zed,it`s been emotional.
Life`s all about moving on,good luck,best wishes and I`m glad things got better between us before you went,take it easy mate.

Leong
14th October 2006, 07:05
All the best Matt...... hopefully see you back on a bike again sometime when circumstances permit.

insane1
14th October 2006, 07:05
well i had the pleasure of riding with him a few times and it"s sad to see him go gods speed matt and you can bet on it at some stage the call to be back on 2 wheels will be strong so keep chin up and do what you have to .

beyond
14th October 2006, 16:28
AAAwwwww :(

Shocker. Just logged on to post and say thank you for the run back from Kauiau today with Spankme, look up your last post to PM you and find this????? :( :( :( :crybaby: :crybaby:

What happend mate? Will miss you on here. :weep:

Korea
15th October 2006, 13:24
Well, bugger. Couldn't you have waited 'till we'd been on at least one ride??? 30 more days... it's not that much to ask :(
But seriously, good luck an all that.

Take it easy.

Big Dave
15th October 2006, 21:27
my sincere prayer is that i meet up with you again in the life to come.

Look for me in the Amsterdam bar with all the dirty girls.

All the best Mat.

R6_kid
16th October 2006, 12:04
Look for me in the Amsterdam bar with all the dirty girls.

All the best Mat.

i'll be there with the hot girls...

Hitcher
17th October 2006, 14:26
Goodness me. One takes a few days off to participate in a Grand Challenge and look what happens! The BDOTGNZA are not amused! Surely you can't expect an ex-Christian to single-handedly battle the forces of evil and darkness that haunt the Scottish Thread?

Zed/Matthew, while we have yet to meet in person I have enjoyed our interactions via Kiwi Biker. You have certainly made a significant contribution and are really one of the mainstays of this oddball online "family".

I wish you all the very best in what life brings. May your god bless you and keep you.

Wolf
17th October 2006, 14:39
Surely you can't expect an ex-Christian to single-handedly battle the forces of evil and darkness that haunt the Scottish Thread?
Oh, come on! Since when have we "battled"?

kickingzebra
17th October 2006, 14:58
Wondered what all the cafuffle in RR was about?! The brother ain't dead, and he'll be happier when he is, but I'll still miss him on here! Now to those pagans and ex xtians.....

ManDownUnder
17th October 2006, 15:05
Now to those pagans and ex xtians.....

You called?

kickingzebra
17th October 2006, 15:19
Now we make you wait. Waiting makes us think. Thinking makes us think more. Thinking more makes us realise how little we know.

Knowing how little we know is the beginning of opening ourselves to the one who is greater than we can hope to be...

(sounds real deep right?)

Hitcher
17th October 2006, 15:55
I really need a beer.

ManDownUnder
17th October 2006, 15:58
Now we make you wait. Waiting makes us think. Thinking makes us think more. Thinking more makes us realise how little we know.

Knowing how little we know is the beginning of opening ourselves to the one who is greater than we can hope to be...

(sounds real deep right?)

I'm with Hitch

2_SL0
17th October 2006, 20:13
Later dude, all the best, Im sure we will see you on two wheels again.

terbang
17th October 2006, 20:17
Zeds Dead, baby, Zeds dead..?

Does that mean he's having a baby?

buellbabe
8th December 2006, 08:14
Well folks, I'm reviving this thread cos i have been out of action and didn't know about it...
Actually I was out having a drink with Zed last night! And thats how I found out about his decision to give motorcycling a rest for a while.
I met Zed on the very first KB ride I went on and we quickly became good friends and riding buddies.

ZED, we did ALOT of miles last summer and I am gonna miss hooning with ya mate!
Somehow I don't think you will be out of the saddle for long...

Wolf
8th December 2006, 08:37
He's not totally dead - he puts in the occasional appearance to show respect when well-loved KBers pass on. :2thumbsup

insane1
8th December 2006, 09:04
you know zed youll get back on 2wheels soon enough then you can teach me how you do wheelies maybe by then i"ll have something decent enough to keep up with you.

Wolf
8th December 2006, 09:12
Zed's a biker - he'll go as stir-crazy as I did without a bike for any length of time. Not sure what priorities have taken him away from riding (and his usual level of activity on this forum) and warranted him selling his bike but it cannot last forever.

bluninja
8th December 2006, 09:39
Bugger....does that mean my red rep from him goes now he's gone.....damn that would mean the green would go too!! Well I'm sure he'll be back to bikes before I'm back.

Warr
8th December 2006, 09:55
Well folks, I'm reviving this thread cos i have been out of action and didn't know about it...
Actually I was out having a drink with Zed last night! And thats how I found out about his decision to give motorcycling a rest for a while.
I met Zed on the very first KB ride I went on and we quickly became good friends and riding buddies.

ZED, we did ALOT of miles last summer and I am gonna miss hooning with ya mate!
Somehow I don't think you will be out of the saddle for long...
Thanks for the update BB.
Never did say g/bye to Matt, thought it likely to be another Hi further down the line :)

buellbabe
8th December 2006, 10:06
he'll be back!

marty
8th December 2006, 13:33
snooping right now he is........

mstriumph
8th December 2006, 14:15
actually ........ i've missed him :mellow:

WickedOne
8th December 2006, 14:18
Matt will be back when he is ready, he knows we all miss having him around.

judecatmad
8th December 2006, 14:31
He's not totally dead - he puts in the occasional appearance to show respect when well-loved KBers pass on. :2thumbsup

Yup, I'll second that one.

He's been really supportive when I've sent him rambling PMs about the events of the last week or so. A huge comfort.

So thanks Zed and we look forward to seeing you back on KB a lot more regularly (and for good reasons, not bad) :D

Maha
8th December 2006, 14:36
And the odd party toooooooooooooooooo.....cos he can sing and dance.....:wari:

MadDuck
8th December 2006, 19:46
Nooooooo he cant

SixPackBack
8th December 2006, 19:53
Come back Zed all is forgiven:innocent:

McJim
9th December 2006, 19:04
Spoke to Zed last night - he's well - I'm sure he'll be back when he's ready. I didn't ask him why he left KB - that's his business - if he wants to divulge then fine otherwise he's entitled to his privacy.

Blondini
9th December 2006, 19:08
Spoke to Zed last night - he's well - I'm sure he'll be back when he's ready. I didn't ask him why he left KB - that's his business - if he wants to divulge then fine otherwise he's entitled to his privacy.

Hope you told him that he was being missed and we all need his influence:yes:

Ixion
9th December 2006, 19:43
Yep. Good bloke. Hope we see him back one day.

placidfemme
11th December 2006, 09:40
Hopefully he does return to biking... I still wanna go on at least one ride with him...

Wolf
11th December 2006, 10:54
Hopefully he does return to biking... I still wanna go on at least one ride with him...
Likewise.

Had hoped to go on rides with Darryl and Bruce as well (OK, OK, would have liked to ride along the same roads and trust that they would kindly wait at a rest point for me to catch up) and that opportunity is gone in this life.

Would hate to lose the opportunity to ride with others for whatever reason.

Brett
10th August 2009, 19:06
I wonder what Zed has got up to?

Blackbird
10th August 2009, 19:13
I wonder what Zed has got up to?

+1. I enjoyed riding with him.

Firefight
10th August 2009, 19:17
yes, one of the gud kbers from the early days !!

bloody fast for a christan..that Zed..

we enjoyed many gud blats down 22..

remember also MikeL ,

and the original Biker boy,on those kewl Eytie bikes

Andrew. , Cold Kiwi .........the list goes on

Marmoot
10th August 2009, 19:31
remember also MikeL ,

and the original Biker boy,on those kewl Eytie bikes

Andrew. , Cold Kiwi .........the list goes on

And you're one of the relic too.

Oh, did I say relic? :chase:

R6_kid
10th August 2009, 20:00

Oh, did I say relic? :chase:

Relic/Artifact... same dif!

NDORFN
10th August 2009, 20:03
I thought this thread title was refering to the band. I'm a little dissapointed to be honest.

nosebleed
10th August 2009, 20:13
Haha..took me a second. very good.

Ixion
10th August 2009, 20:20
"Lo, some that we loved, the loveliest and best
That Time and Fate hath of their vintage prest
Have drunk their cup a round or two
And one by one crept silently to rest"

Where-ever you are Mighty Zed, our prayers go with you. And one day we'll see you back on two wheels.

We can wait. I've an argument or two still to settle with you.

jrandom
10th August 2009, 20:24

Relics, represent.

nodrog
10th August 2009, 20:26
..... And one day we'll see you back on two wheels.

i think he spent most of his time on one wheel.

Ixion
10th August 2009, 20:27
Well, yeah., But he always *had* a second wheel. Just didn't want to wear it out.

Marmoot
10th August 2009, 20:31
Relics, represent.

Mate, we're just a couple of young veterans :laugh:

Skunk
10th August 2009, 21:13
Mate, we're just a couple of young veterans :laugh:
There's a few of us from the first 3 months of the site still here you know...

merv
10th August 2009, 21:53
There's a few of us from the first 3 months of the site still here you know...

Yeah nothing wrong with longevity and I'm just a few months behind you Skunk - and nothing wrong with KB family loyalty either eh! :woohoo:

vifferman
11th August 2009, 08:29
I'm a relative noobie.
Zed was a strange one - I had a few on-line discussions with him, and spent a weekend with him at Blackbird's in Coromandel. Not quite what I expected in some ways. For a hard-core fundamentalist, he sure didn't act like one.

I was with him for a while on the day he binned his CBR600, but because I was pillioning the vifferbabe, I couldn't keep up with the group. It seems 170km/h on SH16 wasn't fast enough. :Pokey: Oh well - it meant I wasn't around when he troweled it.
It also mean that I got a ticket later in the day, when riding back from Waipu on my own. The first ticket in 30 years, caused by saying to MikeL just the day before, in Galbraiths, "I haven't had a ticket in 30 years!", followed by us both going "Uh-oh...."
Still, it was only (only!!) 40 points and $300...

sels1
11th August 2009, 08:39
Yeah nothing wrong with longevity - and nothing wrong with KB family loyalty either eh! :woohoo:
yep, dead right Merv:niceone:

Trudes
11th August 2009, 08:51
Good God you guys are old!!!! :dodge: :laugh:

MSTRS
11th August 2009, 08:58
Young in outlook tho...

Wolf
11th August 2009, 09:04
Young in outlook tho...
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional...

Devil
11th August 2009, 09:06
Ah yes, Zed and MikeL, Haven't seen either for ages!

Taz
11th August 2009, 09:22
Bye zed.... Only 3 years late :) .

vifferman
11th August 2009, 10:11
Ah yes, Zed and MikeL, Haven't seen either for ages!
MikeL was online this morning.

buellbabe
11th August 2009, 11:34
i think he spent most of his time on one wheel.

hahahahaha

Zed was one of the very first KBrs I met offline and on a bike. We hit it off on the first ride we went on together and I introduced him to my longterm riding buddy...well for a while there the 3 of us were out on the bikes together EVERY weekend doing 7-800km day rides and lovin' every minute of it.

And YEP! he did like to get up on that back wheel!

He also liked his booze and needless to say there was a lot of time spent off the bikes talking shite over a few bevvies LOL.

Never shoved his religious beliefs at me and our friendship was based on mutual respect. Unfortunately we seemed to have lost contact in the last year but he is one of those people who will resurface again I'm sure:yes:

MikeL
11th August 2009, 11:48
MikeL was online this morning.

Yes, indeed I was. Getting back into the habit...

merv
11th August 2009, 12:48

Good to hear from you mate your wisdom was always welcome around here.

Firefight
11th August 2009, 12:59

hey Mike, great to see you back on KB,

are you still just down from Royal oak r/about ?

we miss your informative posts

Dave

Firefight
11th August 2009, 13:00
Good to hear from you mate your wisdom was always welcome around here.

can,t rep u today merv .. but agree with ur post

F.F

merv
11th August 2009, 13:06
Good God you guys are old!!!! :dodge: :laugh:

You like mature men don't you? :yes:

Hitcher
11th August 2009, 13:23
You like mature men don't you?

Then she'll be shit out of luck around here (unless you meant "older" men?)

MikeL
11th August 2009, 14:00
hey Mike, great to see you back on KB,

are you still just down from Royal oak r/about ?

we miss your informative posts

Dave

Hi Dave, yes still got the old villa (done up a couple of more rooms since you last saw it, but still far from finished...)

Same 2 bikes, both getting a bit long in the tooth and not as reliable as they once were (sounds a bit like me).

Still remember with affection our rides down Highway 22, Dave. Must do it again!

SPman
11th August 2009, 15:32
And YEP! he did like to get up on that back wheel!

And on the Blackbird...it was a scary sight indeed.........

Marmoot
11th August 2009, 23:08
Still remember with affection our rides down Highway 22, Dave. Must do it again!

Likewise here old man.

gal220
27th August 2009, 14:01
Hi all, I know Zed’s dead, but Matthew is very much alive and kicking. Last I heard he went and got married to a beauty in the Philippines in March ‘08, and they live together in Auckland and are expecting their first child in January ’10.

Matt hasn’t ridden a motorcycle since he sold his Fireblade a few months after he left KB, apparently he misses them but has no intention of getting another one in the near future.

He is still serving his God, doing more preaching and teaching of the Bible than ever, right in his element. I know he had many regrets about the lifestyle he led for the 3 or so years he was involved in this community, he certainly crossed many lines which were unbecoming of a Christian, he went through a stage of what’s called “backsliding” away from God, and this was a result of several factors including the breakdown of his first marriage, but he wouldn’t use that as an excuse, he freely admits his faults, he is human after all.

I snatched the attached pic of him from Facebook. :wavey:

Blackbird
27th August 2009, 14:17
Hi all, I know Zed’s dead, but Matthew is very much alive and kicking.

Thanks so much for that. Despite what he may have thought about himself, I enjoyed his company. A good all round guy and he may just have judged himself a bit harshly!

Firefight
27th August 2009, 14:24
Thanks so much for that. Despite what he may have thought about himself, I enjoyed his company. A good all round guy and he may just have judged himself a bit harshly!

well said BB,

F/F

DMNTD
27th August 2009, 15:08
...he certainly crossed many lines which were unbecoming of a Christian...

He/you may have seen it that way but I thought he was/is a bloody good bugger!
Did many a good yeeee ha ride with the dude plus several after ride 'sociables' at our home.

Kia Kaha Matt

Ixion
27th August 2009, 16:38
He always seemed to me to be a very good example of a Christian. Not my flavour perhaps , but certainly a vessel from which Christ's light shone out.

I'm very pleased to hear that he is happy and things are going well for him.

He'll be back on two wheels one day. Wait and see.

klingon
27th August 2009, 16:57
He always seemed to me to be a very good example of a Christian. Not my flavour perhaps , but certainly a vessel from which Christ's light shone out.

I'm very pleased to hear that he is happy and things are going well for him.

He'll be back on two wheels one day. Wait and see.

And this time he can hang around with nice bikers like me - not you lot who were obviously a very bad influence! :oi-grr:

*Polishes halo in preparation for meeting Zed* :innocent:

SixPackBack
27th August 2009, 17:02
And this time he can hang around with nice bikers like me - not you lot who were obviously a very bad influence! :oi-grr:

*Polishes halo in preparation for meeting Zed* :innocent:

From memory polishing your bong would impress him more:devil2:

ManDownUnder
27th August 2009, 17:06
...but Matthew is very much alive and kicking.

You just made a lot of people smile with that post! Thank you. Rights wrongs, what happened etc are all in the past and I think there's a lot of people would very respectfully want to get back in touch with him if it was ok with him, and most certainly on his terms if that was an issue.

Last I heard he went and got married to a beauty in the Philippines in March ‘08, and they live together in Auckland and are expecting their first child in January ’10.

... yet more smiles. Please, if you're speaking with him pass on my very best regards

Ronin
27th August 2009, 18:04
You like mature men don't you? :yes:

This would be Nige we are talking about? :clap:

Big Dave
27th August 2009, 20:38
Bummer. The kid had potential.

Maha
30th August 2009, 21:45

He certainly was a well rounded fulla......was a real shame he left but, he looks like he may have found himself.

You just made a lot of people smile with that post! Thank you. Rights wrongs, what happened etc are all in the past and I think there's a lot of people would very respectfully want to get back in touch with him if it was ok with him, and most certainly on his terms if that was an issue.

... yet more smiles. Please, if you're speaking with him pass on my very best regards

It was Matt that enticed Anne to logon, and the logon name was suggested by him also one morning after a rather loooooooooooong night.

SixPackBack
3rd September 2009, 17:55
He certainly was a well rounded fulla......was a real shame he left but, he looks like he may have found himself.

It was Matt that enticed Anne to logon, and the logon name was suggested by him also one morning after a rather loooooooooooong night.

Nice guy for sure, proof tho' that religion fucks your life<_<

ManDownUnder
3rd September 2009, 18:12

...it sure does... for some.

Maha
3rd September 2009, 18:13
...it sure does... for some.

Yeah look what happened to Jesus?

ManDownUnder
3rd September 2009, 18:14

...he could see Winja's roof from up there if I recall rightly...

DMNTD
3rd September 2009, 18:18
...he could see Winja's roof from up there if I recall rightly...

But did he paint it?

Maha
3rd September 2009, 18:23
But did he paint it?

Apparently he did, the colour is 'spawn of christ'...pasty white I think you'll find.

ManDownUnder
3rd September 2009, 18:37
Apparently he did, the colour is 'spawn of christ'...pasty white I think you'll find.

There's a second cumming joke in there somewhere...

kickingzebra
3rd September 2009, 21:19

So many rhyming insults, so little time... Muhahaha

This thread is proof of the resurrection! Deny the obvious. LOL

Grahameeboy
3rd September 2009, 21:22

Not always SPB.............

Grahameeboy
3rd September 2009, 21:22

Jesus is still alive...............

SixPackBack
3rd September 2009, 21:24
So many rhyming insults, so little time... Muhahaha

This thread is proof of the resurrection! Deny the obvious. LOL

Not always SPB.............

A guaranteed bite...as you were boys:msn-wink:

Grahameeboy
3rd September 2009, 21:27
A guaranteed bite...as you were boys:msn-wink:

That was a nibble...wait till you get a chunk....:msn-wink:

kickingzebra
3rd September 2009, 21:35
bah, barely a lick, my teeth are feeling jaded

beyond
4th September 2009, 20:39
Enjoyed my odd ride with Matt. I still remember the rapid run we had from Waihi to Whangamata with a group of us including Kornholio.

Was an awesome run..... one of those "In the Zone' rarities. :)

mstriumph
4th September 2009, 23:36
He always seemed to me to be a very good example of a Christian...................

yeh ... me too!!!! :shutup:

mstriumph
4th September 2009, 23:38
He certainly was a well rounded fulla................

still is, by the looks of things?

mstriumph
4th September 2009, 23:40
Not always SPB............. yes - always ........ sorry, but there it is.;)

Grahameeboy
5th September 2009, 01:33
yes - always ........ sorry, but there it is.;)

Okay..okay....so I troll a lot...:whistle: