PDA

View Full Version : New Battery

wari
14th May 2003, 08:18
OK .. you fullas ... where in Auckland can I get one ... good quality ... cheap price .. today ?
:)

Dave
14th May 2003, 09:26
Good quality/Cheap price in the same sentance? -good luck.
But seriously, ring around-try repco, they sell the champion batteries (quite good )
-motomail
-HCB batteries (629 2403)

merv
14th May 2003, 15:16
I bought a battery from Repco for my VFR about 4 years ago and its fine. Price was OK and the advantage they have is they are open 7 days so it is easy to go and buy stuff from them. For me as well the Repco shop is handy, the bike shops are like 30kms away in Wellington or Lower Hutt.

SPman
14th May 2003, 22:57
I didnt know Repco sold bike batteries!

moko
15th May 2003, 06:21
Try Barry`s point road in Takapuna mate,whole street full of bike shops there,Leading Edge do tyres and stuff,sure they do batteries as well,come on you guys,I`m 12,000 miles away,someone closer must have a few ideas:p

wari
15th May 2003, 08:15
Got a great deal on a Yuasa Battery (yet to arrive though) ... working 12 hours a day ... dark to work and dark home again. Not that I mind usually , its just that the bike wont run at idle speed with the lights on , in fact it cuts out decellerating too at slow speeeds. Makes for an interesting trip I tell ya. Yesterday it cut out coming off the norwestern onto Nelson Street , pushed the bike to the front of the line and crash started it (eventually, once I remembered to turn the lights off) down the Nelson St slope.

Anyone need a battery? ... PM me and I'll point you to a good deal.

wari
15th May 2003, 09:55
Battery has arrived in good condition ... sweetas. :sunny:

twistymover
16th May 2003, 00:36
Sounds like you might have a problem with the alternator not charging? If that is the case, then the battery might run down again.