PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Jam - Greatest Album

MattRSK
14th October 2006, 17:22
Following on from my previous poll about The Clash. I would now like to determine what the audience believes to be the greatest Pearl Jam album.

Mine is Ten

Favourite Songs

Garden
Jeremy
Black
Given to Fly
Nothing as it Seems
Release
Immortality

Pearl Jam is also a brilliant live band. Check out the DVD Touring Band. Muchos Excellenta.

Magua
14th October 2006, 17:29
Pearl Jam son muy bueno!

Probably 'Ten'.

dawnrazor
14th October 2006, 17:37
Ten only 'cus its the only one I bought and listened to, the new one seems interesting, but to be honest I find them too preachy or something....

saw them live with neil young in Dublin, fantastic gig....it was all recorded on multi camera 16mm film, to be made into a film, but Neil and Eddy thought it was a bad idea (after the gig!!!!) and shelved the entire project, never saw the light of day...shame

MattRSK
14th October 2006, 18:01
Ten only 'cus its the only one I bought and listened to, the new one seems interesting, but to be honest I find them too preachy or something....

saw them live with neil young in Dublin, fantastic gig....it was all recorded on multi camera 16mm film, to be made into a film, but Neil and Eddy thought it was a bad idea (after the gig!!!!) and shelved the entire project, never saw the light of day...shame

Interesting stuff. May see the light of day one day, you never know.

dawnrazor
14th October 2006, 18:10
Interesting stuff. May see the light of day one day, you never know.

Doubt it, neil has it in his vault on his ranch along with shed loads of other material, that he has deemed inferior for release...which if you have listened to 'greendale', is kinda ironic!

bigmyk
14th October 2006, 18:14
How about Rearview mirror? All the best bits on two CDs,one hard out,the other more laid back.

MattRSK
14th October 2006, 18:49
How about Rearview mirror? All the best bits on two CDs,one hard out,the other more laid back.

Very good point!

Madness
14th October 2006, 18:58
I saw the Jammers at Mt Smart in 96, if I remember right the Dead Flowers opened the gig, what ever happened to them?. Half way through Pearl jam's opening number Eddie got pissed with people getting crushed up front and the band walked off stage. It took absolutely forever for them to come back on, but it was awesome.

I still love 10, but I think VS is my favourite. Their more recent albums seem to get diluted each time, their latest might be the last one I rush out to buy. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

James Deuce
14th October 2006, 19:54
Vs, is my favourite, but that was a Muso's album.

Matt - you need help.

MattRSK
14th October 2006, 19:55
Vs, is my favourite, but that was a Muso's album.

Matt - you need help.

Help me Jim, Help me.

SARGE
14th October 2006, 21:35
Eddie Vetter is a wanker .. if he didnt want fame he shoulda worked at McDonalds

Lou Girardin
15th October 2006, 05:58
All of them.

Jeaves
15th October 2006, 11:35
Ten and Vitalogy are my fav , but ive got most of there CD's .
Pearl Jam : live at the garden is a good DVD of them aswell .

MattRSK
15th October 2006, 11:43

I have been meaning to check that out. Is that the one in Madison Square.

Jeaves
18th October 2006, 21:55
I have been meaning to check that out. Is that the one in Madison Square.

yep :Punk:

The Pastor
18th October 2006, 22:23
I agree with mattrsk! ARRRRHHHHHHH! HONDAS ARE COOL............ No wait that fixed it, your still a homo matt

dawnrazor
19th October 2006, 07:16
I agree with mattrsk! ARRRRHHHHHHH! HONDAS ARE COOL............ No wait that fixed it, your still a homo matt

you'd know

Krayy
19th October 2006, 08:03
Why wouldn't you just get the Greatest Hits album (2004)? 2 CDs of pure Jam. Excel-pet.

riffer
19th October 2006, 09:21
I'm with Jim2. But then again, I'm a musician too.

The latest one (Pearl Jam) has some good stuff on it too.

Binaural is definitely the worst.

The_Dover
19th October 2006, 09:27
ten had great energy and emotion and some awesome riffery

vs was good but lacked a bit of focus

vitalogy had a few good tracks with some terrible filler

I gave up after that cos they went all emo and self indulgent with lots of noisey wankery. vedder seemed to do his best to sing out of key, the rythms became dull and it seemed like mike mcready needed to get back on the skag.

SlashWylde
19th October 2006, 16:41
It would have to be 'Ten', no doubt about it. That is one solid album from start to finish, and has stood the test of time.

To my mind PJ have had a few scattered hits throughout the rest of their career but none as significant as the strength of the material on 'Ten'.

MattRSK
19th October 2006, 17:08
It would have to be 'Ten', no doubt about it. That is one solid album from start to finish, and has stood the test of time.

To my mind PJ have had a few scattered hits throughout the rest of their career but none as significant as the strength of the material on 'Ten'.

I agree with ya fully on that one. Just been listening to Yellow Ledbetter, thats a bloody good song!

MattRSK
5th November 2006, 17:01

Got it friday, working on wearing it out right now.

With my own two hands!