PDA

View Full Version : vmcc final round

svs
14th October 2006, 19:37
not good for me. lowsided in f2 practice so only qualified 10th in f3. binned it in the first race and ended up in the hospital with a broken collar bone. now i'm stuck in motel, browsing kb on mobile phone while everyone else is out partying. hope everyone else had a good day, and thanks to everyone who helped me out

chanceyy
14th October 2006, 19:39
not good for me. lowsided in f2 practice so only qualified 10th in f3. binned it in the first race and ended up in the hospital with a broken collar bone. now i'm stuck in motel, browsing kb on mobile phone while everyone else is out partying. hope everyone else had a good day, and thanks to everyone who helped me out

holy crap sv .. that sucks .. feel for ya ...

so how did everyone else get on ?

Racey Rider
14th October 2006, 19:44
Ar That Double Sucks!!

I Empathize.

Next year ha.

svs
14th October 2006, 19:54
wish i could tell you. Deano was riding ok - dunno where he ended up. cowpoos, aria, kz, sugilite, shaun, two smoker and mikey all out there. texmo had a spill in the same place as me, but was back out racing.
since i missed most of the afternoon
i'll be interested to read everyone elses reports

kiwifruit
14th October 2006, 20:01
gutting man :(
which corner was it?

Mental Trousers
14th October 2006, 20:10
You didn't look happy when you went down man. Bad luck.

It was right hander where pit entrance is.

dss3
14th October 2006, 20:17

Oh no, that's terrible man. Broken collarbone's suck BIG time. Sorry to hear that. I highsided out of turn 4 in my last race for the day too.

Kyle
15th October 2006, 00:00
Well heres my report. Arrived at like 8:05, Just in time to join the big long cue for sign on. Then we had just enough time to unload and ready the bikes, briefing then straight into the scrub in session, behind a pace car due to 170 riders being entered. It was like a super cruise but filled with race bikes of all shapes and sizes.:2thumbsup

All our team was in the clubmans race, and we went after gp125, supersport, postclassic (correct me if im wrong there) and qualifying session was 15mins so i had enough time for healthy B&E pie breakfast :2thumbsup

Well then came our turn, they let us go from the pit lane, and the qualifying session was on. Started out fairly slow, as my road tires dont inspire alot of confidance when they are cold, but soon started passing a few and getting some ok laps in. Was getting towards the end of the session and i seen a rider and bike tumbling off the track right in front of me, i missed the dismount though. And out came the red flag Well i guess i must have got a clear patch on one of those laps because i managed 3rd on the grid. I was rather surprised and stoked :2thumbsup

Lots of fast bikes whizzed by and all of a sudden clubmans was up for thier race1. I did my warmup lap and took a row seat, could i be more nervous? i dont think so. Right next to me in 2nd was my team mate on a 8year younger cbr600. Hes a better rider than me too, but he had new slicks so wasnt at peak. Well up comes the flag persons hand and so do the revs, out comes the green flag and we are off. Got a fairly good start but not good enough to beat 02cbr600 who started to pull away from me, I clutched it and the front lifted but it was enough to keep up with the 02 into turn one, i think i braked later and was going for holeshot when i noticed a yellow blur go past me on the inside and figured that must have been grid #1, i set about getting past that yellow bike and manged to somehow get past into 1st place. Adeniline levels problery maxing out about this stage i start to go balistic. Apparantly i manged to open abit of a gap, but i was way to pumped and not focused enough, pulled some sloppy corners and i think lap 3 mr02cbr600 flys past me. I managed to semi keep up with him for abit, but he was too flawless and i was sloppy joe. I was pushing hard, sliding into and out of corners abit but still couldnt keep up

I think it was lap 4, coming onto the back straight, i gunned it to soon and the back steped way out. I was sure i was going down and may have backed off, either way, it was my fault and i cant blame anything but myself. Anyway, we all know what happens went you back off in that situation, thats right, High side, and boy did i fly, then slid off the track into the dirt. Hopped straight up and noticed straight away a sore hand and sore ankle, then i noticed my bike laying in the middle of the track, being over taken by 3rd and 4th place!
Bugger. Manged to get my bike off the track in a gap, and gave the marshall a thumbs up, Looked around and see a yellow flag not red (phew, wouldnt want to hold anyone up) looked down and hello the top off my brake master cylinder is missing, turned around and saw it on the track. On went the race two more laps and i was stuck, my foot to sore to move the bike any further off the track. Then the car-bulance came around and i figured i should check my hand and took off my glove, yeap sweet, bit brusied, but not munted. ankles a bit sore but i think its ok i say, and ask him to grab my parts off the track. Got the rubber inner but no cylinder cap, seemed to have vanished. Jumped on my bike and turned the key on and it starts to wind over by itself, starter button sticking in, pulled that out and tryed again, and then tryed again with the run switch on and it started. :2thumbsup

Once i got to the pits i relised my ankle was quite sore indeed and it got progressivly worse as there was no ice, that was the end on my racing, but i was fairly high sprited about it, then an ambulance van drove past and i hopped out which stoped him, to ask for ice. But they had no ice either, he did a few checks and straped it up, diagnosis not broken. Well turns out he was right, after a bumpy 2 hour drive back to hamilton i got it xrayed to be safe, just severe sprain.

As for the bike, well apart from my brake cylinder, it came off ok. The fairing nearly wore through in one place, but it saved the engine casing. Scratched a few bits on the exhaust side, and a couple of small dings in the tank where my bar musta smacked. Ill have to reassemble the front end because that problery twisted the forks. I`ll strip it down and get a good look, but seems alright. :2thumbsup

So apart from the pain which is keeping me awake to post at this hour, i had a great day still. Stoked with qualifying 3rd. And shaved 5 seconds off that time in race1 before i lost it. I now have some good lap times to compare with. I think perhaps if i get a slightly younger bike, with better suspension, and better rubber, i might be able to do quite abit better, but thats if i can keep my mind on the job and learn how to get smoother. Some more self control would be good to.

I think i saw a photograhper down on the corner where i went down, if anyone happens to have or find pics of number #211 doing a highside let me know please :2thumbsup

O2cbr600 went on to win race1 and race2 and our two girl riders did well. They did better than me, and didnt crash, and they had a great time too.

Oh and the weather was good, so good i ended up getting abit burnt.
And now the painkillers are kicking in ill stop rambling. see ya.
:2thumbsup

Cleve
15th October 2006, 05:48
I saw you go down. Looked like a hard landing. Still braking too hard going from left to right and lost the front end was it?
A great weekend for me though. 11th and 15th in F2
Hope you have a speedy recovery.

svs
15th October 2006, 07:06
Still braking too hard going from left to right and lost the front end was it?

pretty much. just trailing the brakes through the left off the long straight when all of a sudden they grabbed and locked the front. it had done that in the f3 practice early on and i thought it might have been some gravel from the earlier spill, but it seemed to have cleared.

DEATH_INC.
15th October 2006, 07:30
Yeh, well, I guess I made muppet of the week....first roadrace, first practice, first corner.....
Thanks to The guy who lent me the brake lever (kickinzebra maybe? I'm shit at remembering names) saved my arse after I left mine at home :whistle:
Anyhoo, qualified 18th in sb.
Crap starts, and cruising the first corner (no tyre warmers,cold tyres) saw me about dead last outta turn one, got back to 21st or so by the end behind some guy on a gixxer thou that kept blasting back past me down the straight everytime I got past him......:(
2nd race, much the same but got red flagged because of some guy on a r1 lying down for a kip on the track (dss3) still crap on the restart(4laps)but a few rather iffy passing manouvers saw a 13th at the end.
Oh well, coulda been worse. Nursing a sore shoulder and ribs, leg etc now.:beer:

svs
15th October 2006, 07:39
hopped out in front of ambulance ah. so that was you! st johns had called for ambo to take me to hospital. it was taking ages so they called back. turned out they'd got to track and were stopped by injured rider, but he only had a sprain. so they went back to Taupo. meanwhile i'm still stuck at track side waiting for a ride :)

Rossi Gal
15th October 2006, 08:39
thats real bad luck Svs, was a great day thanks. hope you get better real soon!! :)

hope you're feeling better too Daryl, silly boyz. ;)

Kyle, mate, you were flying! well done on your first outting, bad luck bout ya off but got a chance to show us what ya got!! :) keep it up!!

Kyle
15th October 2006, 09:13
meanwhile i'm still stuck at track side waiting for a ride :) Arg sorry mate, i thought they were the track ambo. silly buggers for not checking with the stjohns before leaving. I guess you made it to the hospital in the end though, but i feel for ya, sucks being in pain and having to wait longer than needed.

Torque
15th October 2006, 10:55
Great to meet you SVS, very sorry to see you go down. Thanks for the Tyre warmers,they worked well. Will give you a call soon. Cheers Rob.

Two Smoker
15th October 2006, 16:22
Yeh, well, I guess I made muppet of the week....first roadrace, first practice, first corner.....
Thanks to The guy who lent me the brake lever (kickinzebra maybe? I'm shit at remembering names) saved my arse after I left mine at home :whistle:
Anyhoo, qualified 18th in sb.
Crap starts, and cruising the first corner (no tyre warmers,cold tyres) saw me about dead last outta turn one, got back to 16th or so by the end behind some guy on a gixxer thou that kept blasting back past me down the straight everytime I got past him......:(
2nd race, much the same but got red flagged because of some guy on a r1 lying down for a kip on the track (dss3) still crap on the restart(4laps)but a few rather iffy passing manouvers saw a 13th at the end.
Oh well, coulda been worse. Nursing a sore shoulder and ribs, leg etc now.:beer:

Welcome to team Muppet :niceone: Hope you heal up quick Phil :niceone:

You did alot of rolling Daryl YA BASTARD!!! The one good start i got and you made the race to be red flagged!!!

GSVR
15th October 2006, 18:25
I really feel bad just thinking about how things went for you this weekend Phil. Those brakes must not have been working right after you replaced the lever as you never seem to overdo it.

There seemed to be so many offs this weekend.

All the best for a speedy recovery.

svs
15th October 2006, 18:36
I really feel bad just thinking about how things went for you this weekend Phil. Those brakes must not have been working right after you replaced the lever as you never seem to overdo it.

There seemed to be so many offs this wbikeeekend.

All the best for a speedy recovery.

that's racing. i'm a bit disapointed that I lost 3rd overall too, but jarrod was riding well and you both kept it upright. Bike's looking a bit sad at the mo, but she'll be back.

Clivoris
15th October 2006, 20:45
Hi man. Hope the healing goes well and the ride home wasn't too painful. I was talking to a geezer last night about your stack and I was too pissed to get the technical details but, he said something about changing the brake lever potentially causing the problem you described. Worth checking out a?

svs
15th October 2006, 22:42
Hi man. Hope the healing goes well and the ride home wasn't too painful. I was talking to a geezer last night about your stack and I was too pissed to get the technical details but, he said something about changing the brake lever potentially causing the problem you described. Worth checking out a?

first half of ride home was fine. second half was a bit painful.

new lever could have been if it was catching on the master cylinder. no worries anyway since that new lever got smashed too, I'll be needing to buy a few more.

Clivoris
16th October 2006, 07:27
first half of ride home was fine. second half was a bit painful.

new lever could have been if it was catching on the master cylinder. no worries anyway since that new lever got smashed too, I'll be needing to buy a few more.

Rest up mate. From what this geezer was saying about the lever, it wasn't so much that it was a new lever but the process of taking a lever off then putting it back on. I may however have misunderstood the entire thing.

kickingzebra
16th October 2006, 08:03
Mate, that was a heart rending second crash!!!
We saw you not getting up and were going NOOOO!!

Thanks soo much for the job on the tyre warmers, and helping out with racing info etc! Looking forward to seeing you back at it when you are up and back at em!

babyB
16th October 2006, 08:32
bugga svs take it easy and heal well

Shaun
16th October 2006, 08:47
Bad luck Phil, thanks for your work over the series mate, I think you guys have done a brilliant job this year.

PS, you did me a favour by getting off, my shite tyre warmers packed a sad, SO I USED YOURS:beer:

Sparky Bills
16th October 2006, 09:12
Well i dont know what lap times or postions i came, but still had a good day.
Theres sooooo much grip on that track!
and it stayed dry the whole day!

Hope you feel better soon mate!
Just let that bone heal before you start doing too much with it again, or it will never get better.

loosebruce
16th October 2006, 09:16
Sorry to hear Phill, you didin't look like a happy camper on the side of the track :( (not many people are when they are on the side of the track). For what its worth you guys (VIC) put on a wicked day and a wicked series, big ups to you all, hope the collarbone heals up well, bitch of a bone to break, and will catch you out on the track again soon.

take it easy mate

svs
16th October 2006, 10:45
PS, you did me a favour by getting off, my shite tyre warmers packed a sad, SO I USED YOURS:beer:

lol. at least some good came of it. give me a call if you need anything for the nationals.

Well i dont know what lap times or postions i came, but still had a good day.

Full results and lap times are now up on the vic club site (http://www.vicclub.co.nz/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=288)

kickingzebra
16th October 2006, 10:47
Some time of work calls then huh phil? Take it your van and bike got home OK??

emaN
16th October 2006, 11:12
dude,
if i can i'll try & work out how to send you footage of your off...

sore shoulders suck! but don't 'force' it... it takes time
(had my first ride last week, 8wks after a shoulder op)

Deano
16th October 2006, 11:40
Bugger about the collarbone Phil - did the Doc manage to place it flush or do you have a lump ?

Thanks heaps for all your work in the series.

svs
16th October 2006, 11:53
Bugger about the collarbone Phil - did the Doc manage to place it flush or do you have a lump ?

Thanks heaps for all your work in the series.

doc didn't do much - xray, sling ad some panadine. it's in 3 pieces, but should heal ok. going off to gp this afternoon, and we'll see if they think the same.

bike and vans home ok. bike looking a bit second hand, but easily fixable.

off work for a week, but bored already, so doing some work. just a tad slowwith the left handed typing.

emaN
19th October 2006, 09:55
Pretty sure this is you bro :shifty:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?videos=548033&T=3164

Never used acidplanet before - looks like you may have to download it to view it?

Hope the drugs are helping!

svs
19th October 2006, 10:33
Pretty sure this is you bro :shifty:

Hope the drugs are helping!

that's me.

drugs are good :)

Clivoris
19th October 2006, 17:35
Excellent:2thumbsup . Video of your big jandal Phil. It's a bit grainy but isn't there someone on the grassy knoll off to the left? It has to be the fault of either the CIA or Aliens. The more meds you take the more plausible this will become.
On a more serious note. Maybe you should think about joining me in street stock next year. I'll give you a few tips if you like.:dodge:

Motoracer
22nd October 2006, 14:29
Stink to hear Phil. Hope you have a speedy recovery. :(