PDA

View Full Version : New SV650 Round 6 VMCC Taupo

Torque
15th October 2006, 09:50
Spent the day on friday for a practice on my new SV 650 race bike and to get dialled in for the racing on saturday.
First off, Shaun Harris has done a great job of the bike! It is fair to say if you want a very well put together Race bike he is the only man to talk to! Not only has he built an excellent racebike but spending a couple of days with the man at the track is worth years of knowledge. I have learnt more in the last few days than I have in my time riding motorcycles, 25 years.
This was my first race on my SV 650 and I was a little nervous but as soon I was out on the track the bike performed very well. Shaun spent the day watching and helping with set up, not just the mechanical side of things but tips on how to ride, Awesome!
As for my racing, I qualifed 5th and came 7th in the first race and 7th in the second, F3-30 bikes in the class and 4th in the Grant Russell Memorial -over 45's, not bad for my first time out on the bike. It was very special to race in Grant's Memorial because he and his brother Brent (my brother in law) got me all fired up about racing a year ago .
My starts let me down as I lost 3 or 4 places so I can only improve. Get the starts nailed and who knows.
So needless to say I am very pleased with the bike and am just itching to get on the track and kick some ass!
I would like to say thanks to Shaun for his enthusiasm and for giving back to the sport and thanks to all the people helping out this weekend.
Cheers Rob.

Mental Trousers
15th October 2006, 11:21
Saw you out there. Looked good and the bike looked fantastic. A bit different to the 400 eh.

emaN
15th October 2006, 11:23
Well done bro!!
What was yer number? i'll check my vid footage to see if i got some of you...

Again, great to see another rider being "given the learn" (of a different kind) from a very experienced rider!

Shaun
15th October 2006, 12:26
Hey Rob, thanks for the plug there mate. I must admit I really enjoyed building that bike for some reason? maybe your enthusiasm or something.

I agree with you about your race starts, you get better at that and you will be a lot further up the feild.

Shaun
15th October 2006, 12:48
PS, I am building (2) more at the moment if any one requires one

Keystone19
15th October 2006, 18:36
Great job on the bike Rob and boy you were flying. Not much chance of me keeping up with you this time unlike on the 400! You'll get Garry next time!

GSVR
15th October 2006, 19:17
Great job on the bike Rob and boy you were flying. Not much chance of me keeping up with you this time unlike on the 400! You'll get Garry next time!

Thanks for that Jill are you wanting some neg rep or what?

What with your bike, Micheal Sissons, and now Robs I'm really starting to feel like these very fast Shaun Harris built racebikes are ganging up on me. Anyone of you guys wanna swap bikes?

Torque
15th October 2006, 19:46
Thanks Jill. It was a great day, just want to get on the track again. Shame we can't do it every weekend ay!

trev
15th October 2006, 19:55
10 characters

Torque
16th October 2006, 07:01
Thanks for the pics mate! Cheers Rob

kickingzebra
16th October 2006, 08:05
She looked the part, and you rode her the part!! Full credit to Shaun for a nice job on the bike!!
Was some good racing too!! Awesome!

Sketchy_Racer
16th October 2006, 08:12
PS, I am building (2) more at the moment if any one requires one

Yeah...

I have one, cheers..

oh crap! You mean i have to pay for it?? ummmmmm...... damn :spanking:

texmo
16th October 2006, 08:13
Good to meet you dude, alwase good to put a face to the name. Nice work scraping the fairings. Did your knee sliders end up lasting the day?

Motoracer
22nd October 2006, 15:51
Doing pretty well there Rob and I'm not just saying that.

Getting thoes places in F3 in the vic serise is definetly an achivement. Your bike looked damn fine too!

Good luck on your future ventures.

Torque
23rd October 2006, 08:53
Thanks for the praise guy's and girls, I will have to get a bigger helmet!!!!. I am very excited and have decided to do the Nationals just working out the legistics, you know work, money,family but it is on and i can not wait to get back on the track! Margot is very supportive so roll on the first round on the 6th january at Teretonga where ever the hell it is. Never been to Ivercargill,maybe i can catch up with Burt Munro. Off to Taupo next weekend for the start of the Pacific,Yahoo. Hope to see you guy's at the track,Cheers Rob:rockon: