PDA

View Full Version : VMCC Round 6 Taupo Race Report

Keystone19
15th October 2006, 15:33
Wow! What a great day!

Having not raced since April, I was a bit nervous heading into this one. This was my first time racing Superlite/F3 with a decent number of riders - 30 - so I had no idea how I would stack up.

Went out in qualifying and tried to hook onto someone a bit faster than me. Not sure if I managed to and I felt like I was riding all over the place but something must have worked as I qualified 11th with a 1.56. This put me on the third row of the grid just along from Deano. I was completely stoked with this. There was about 5 of us within about 1 second of each other so it was stacking up to be some great racing.

Race 1 and I got an ok start. A bit scary heading into turn one with what felt like a million bikes around but I got around ok and tried to settle into a rhythym. Spied Deano ahead of me so decided I'd better try and get ahead of him. We had a brilliant race giving each other a hard time in every corner. I'd go ahead at one point and then he'd get back in front of me. Then SVS hit the dust right in front of us followed two corners later by another rider just in front of us so out came the red flag. Unfortunately on count back they had Deano in front of me so he placed one ahead of me. Mind you, my fastest lap was 1.5 seconds faster than his fastest so I reckoned it'd be all on for the next race! Best time 1.54sec. Place - 13th.

Race 2 and I had a shocking start. Had about half of the million bikes go past me in turn one so had a lot of work to do to catch up with Deano. Didn't seem to get into the groove this time and by the time I had Deano in my sights the white flag was up and I just couldn't get him. Best time 1.55. Place - 14th.

So, it was a brilliant day. It was heaps of fun. I've got a lot of work to do on the starts and not getting intimidated into turn one. HDT Boy has offered to sell me his balls as he reckons he wasn't using them yesterday.

Great so see everyone there. KickingZebra was flying, Rossi-gal did brilliantly despite having to be carried off her bike because of her damaged ankle, Goblin was flying in CLubmans on Kicking Zebra's bike after yet more problems with her 400, Lauren and Abby were looking good in CLubmans. Bruce was kicking arse in F1! Two Smoker was looking smooth and fast.

Thanks to Paul and Cleve as usual and to Skelstar who was honorary pit crew.

Devil
15th October 2006, 15:42
Good work Grandma ;)

Glad to hear you kept the new paintwork all shiny! :D

Two Smoker
15th October 2006, 16:10
Race 2 and I had a shocking start. Had about half of the million bikes go past me in turn one so had a lot of work to do to catch up.

Ill see your half a million bikes and raise you another half million bikes with my shocking starts :(

Well done :niceone: Wicked results and the bike looks hot!!!

MattRSK
15th October 2006, 16:44
Well done Keystone. Wish I could have been there but alas this was not to be, not with a bike anyway, thems the breaks eh.

Rossi Gal
15th October 2006, 17:45
Heya chicky!!! bloody awesome racing there girl!! ;) Hope to see you in the next series of races!

PS thanks for the nursing, worked a charm! :)

Torque
15th October 2006, 18:33
It was a great day!! big smiles alround. Nice paint job, almost as good as mine!!! See you at the next one. Cheers Rob

GSVR
15th October 2006, 19:32
Great stuff Keystone. I know Deano would have been gutted if you finished ahead of him (lucky for him that red flag count back worked in his favour).

If you can keep up with him at Manfeild you'll be a legend.

Sketchy_Racer
15th October 2006, 19:55
Thats a beaut of a motorcycle you have there!!

Sorry i didn't stop and say hellow!!!

Good stuff!!

vtec
15th October 2006, 20:48
KS you are one impressive chick. I find myself benchmarking my laptimes with yours quite often now.

skelstar
15th October 2006, 21:00
Was an fun day watching you and Deano dicing in F3...mikey and I were sitting on the entry corner into pit straight and it was always a lottery as to wether Deano had let you past on each lap....ya bike is looking real purdy too. Great to see you guys again.

Cleve
16th October 2006, 06:49
Thanks to Paul and Cleve as usual and to Skelstar who was honorary pit crew.

A pleasure and an honour as usual. You were doing great out there, especially considering the gap between races.Paul and I were most concerned at your times being a bit too close to our times...
Sorry couldn't stay for the last race and just buggering off after my 2nd F2 race. 2 weeks in Brazil and then pretty much straight to Taupo for the racing had me needing to get home to spend a wee bit of time with the kids before their bed time... you understand...
Hey I reckon we should call our team the mummys and daddys race team...
Spot ya at the next round (with families...)

kickingzebra
16th October 2006, 08:00
What a minter Jill!!
Bronwyn is planning on stealing that bike in its new getup, so watch out for her!!

you looked real good out there, awesome to catch up!

babyB
16th October 2006, 09:15
good on ya gal:2thumbsup ya looked good out there

loosebruce
16th October 2006, 09:20
Nice work Jill, bike is looking great and you're coming along nicely too if i do say so myself, those tips must've worked a treat :Pokey: .

Catch you whenever i decide to race next......

motobob
16th October 2006, 10:18
Told Yah.

Awesome show for an old girl. They need to have a fastest chick competition to get you girls really flying.

Roll on the PMCC rounds.

Keystone19
17th October 2006, 07:44
Thanks for all the comments and support guys.

I'm still buzzing three days later and really looking forward to the PMCC rounds!

Not sure if I can afford any of the Nationals but maybe Pukekohe with a bit of luck.

emaN
17th October 2006, 12:03
Very impressive smooth riding J!

skelstar
17th October 2006, 12:32
Whos asleep on the yellow bike?

Keystone19
17th October 2006, 14:58
Found some photos! Thanks Greg from Boyd Honda!!

kickingzebra
17th October 2006, 15:06
Oooh!! Neat! Has he got any of a nice blue 32?? :)

Keystone19
17th October 2006, 18:27
Dunno Jonno. You could swing by and ask him?

kickingzebra
18th October 2006, 07:38
Might just do that ;)

cowpoos
18th October 2006, 13:05
good stuff jilly babe!!!

Motoracer
22nd October 2006, 15:39
Good stuff Jill. I must say though, I couldn't spot you on the track all day. I don't know what colour you changed to on your bike. Good to read your report anywho though.