PDA

View Full Version : Goblins Round 6 Vic Club Series at Taupo.

Goblin
15th October 2006, 17:45
I took the ZXR400 to the test day on Friday to try and get in running properly. Was supposed to race in F3 and PC junior but unfortunately I could not find the problem with the bike not revving past 10k.:weep: I had all but given up on racing when kickingzebra kindly offered me his GSXR600 to race in Clubmans.:banana: You ROCK Johno! With half an hour or so left of the test day, I doned my leathers and took Johno's pride and joy out for about 10 minutes. I knew within the first lap I was going to have a BLAST on this bike!

Race day:Qualified 8th with a 2:03.7

First race I was really nervous and did an almighty wheelie off the line. :shit: I settled into 6th place and got blitzed by the front five. All I could do was watch the gap grow and make sure I finished the race. Crossed the finish line still in 6th with a best time of 1:59.1 My first sub 2 min lap in my first ever race.

Second race I nailed the start and was second into the first turn. It's hard to remember now but I think I held a few off for the fist lap but got the learn from Rossi Gal and some others. Settled into 6th again and it was a repeat of race one. Finished 6th with a huge gap ahead and behind. Best time 2:00.1

HUGE thanks to kickingzebra for loaning me your bike!:hug: And to the two gentlemen who loaned me a CDI and coils to test the ZXR between races. Thanks also to sugilite and GarryH for all your help and advice. Was really cool to see so many Kbers there racing and spectating, too many to name.:grouphug:Luv you long time!

I have to mention "White Lightening" LooseBruce who did so well! Most impressive to watch you improving at every meeting. I hope to see you have a crack at the Nats!:yes:

Congratulations to sugilite for taking the top spot in PC and :third: in the Superbikes! Champion!

Thanks to the Vic Club for putting on such a great series! I'm now hooked on racing and can't wait to do it again, if I ever get the 400 sorted.

Matt Bleck
15th October 2006, 17:55
great to see ya out there going hard kel! :niceone:.

kiwifruit
15th October 2006, 18:06
good on you mate :D
im sorry i couldnt make it to watch

MSTRS
15th October 2006, 18:12
Sounds like you did real well, all things considered. Good on ya.

Keystone19
15th October 2006, 18:13
You were awesome Kelly. I have so much respect for you.

You work on that bike day after day just to make it to the start line.

There is so much stacked against you but you are always smiling and happy just to be there.

Two Smoker
15th October 2006, 18:18
Good to finally meet you :niceone: Well done on finally getting out there and racing :niceone:

Rossi Gal
15th October 2006, 18:26
WoooHooooo!!!!! Well done!! an awesome effort and great results for ya first outting AND on someone elses bike that you had riden for like 10min!! keep it up see you next time!! :)

chanceyy
15th October 2006, 18:37
hey girl awesum result .. bet the grin is still plastered on ya face huh ? :banana: :banana:

look forward to next yr will be wicked :jerry:

GSVR
15th October 2006, 18:42
Awesome of Johno to lend you his bike. Nothing like the buzz you get after riding in your first race/race meeting.

Look forward to seeing you again at some of the coming meetings over summer.

svs
15th October 2006, 18:44
i was looking out for the 4 hundy - didn't realise it was you on kz's bike....

Goblin
15th October 2006, 19:21
Thanks for all your kind words everyone.:2thumbsup

KS19 and Rossi Gal, I have nothing but respect for you two! So far I can only hope to get as fast as both of you.

TS, Nice to finally meet you too, you were looking really smooth out there.

GarryH, yeah...Johno is awesome alright! I will try to get to at least two of the PMCC Summer series rounds....the new track ones.:cool:

Chanceyy....thanks Girlfriend! You can bet I will be grinning like a cheshire cat for a while yet! :D

svs, seems like the 4 hundy was only there to take up valuable pit space and cause me grief:( I was gutted to see you go down...Hope you have a speedy recovery.

limbimtimwim
15th October 2006, 20:10
Gah!!

Would have love to have been there to see another person I know (Well, I've met you once) go around the track.

Sounds like you have an adventure, which is what counts.

Goblin
15th October 2006, 20:28
Cheers LBTW. Was an adventure I'll treasure forever:cool: I also stopped at the 'Sidecar Have a go day' this morning and had a go at swinging. I wanted the dude to go faster but I think he didn't want to frighten me.

terbang
15th October 2006, 20:36
Fwoaar Kel you are a legend. Go for it..

Mental Trousers
15th October 2006, 20:39
You did well Kels. You need to practice your parking in the pits though, didn't manage to get it anywhere near the right place any time :nya:

With a bit of practice you would easily be in that front group instead of being left behind. It bloody rocked when you led the 2nd race for almost the entire first lap. That kicked arse.

Goblin
15th October 2006, 20:47
You did well Kels. You need to practice your parking in the pits though, didn't manage to get it anywhere near the right place any time :nya:

With a bit of practice you would easily be in that front group instead of being left behind. It bloody rocked when you led the 2nd race for almost the entire first lap. That kicked arse.

:laugh: Yeah I did stuff up the parking just a tad. It's quite a tall bike for my little girly legs to try and push backwards. Thanks for your help there Shane.

Cheers Bruce! :niceone:

vtec
15th October 2006, 20:51
You know, here was I thinking that motorcycle racing was a man's sport. But you and the KB ladies are very impressive. Can't believe that was your first race meeting... props.

babyB
16th October 2006, 10:14
well gal wat can ya say...
ya was awsom out there:headbang: good on ya :2thumbsup

kickingzebra
16th October 2006, 10:21
Good stuff girl! Very impressed with your ability, adn please to have been able to help!! Love you long time, keep up the good work!

loosebruce
16th October 2006, 10:28
Awesome, awesome stuff you, as you siad great to see me improve, it's just as good seeing you improve as well.
Well done on your weekend, catch you round.

sugilite
16th October 2006, 12:21
Way to go Kel!
what a stunning race debut!
If your wish list had included....
Qualifying in the top 10 on a bike you have only ridden for 10 minutes prior.
Pull a monster wheelstand in front of adoring fanclub
Nearly holeshot from the 2nd row and holding second place for a lap!
2 solid 6th places
Lapping Taupo sub 2:00
Who needs Genies when you grant your own wishes!
Good on you for making it happen Kel:2thumbsup

The grin on your face from the moment you got off the bike after the 1st race stayed on your face the rest of the day was priceless!

Full cred to Kicking Zebra for lending your pride and joy, you rock Johno!

Be good to see you out there on the 400 next time Goblin!

emaN
16th October 2006, 12:32
Go Gob!!
Been lookin' forward to that for i long time, i have! Great to see you get out on track after all the grief you've gone thru'...
KZ - dude, big of you to lend a friend yer racebike... respec'!

Also got footage of that wheelie:2thumbsup !! (you almost could've "ridden it out" :cool: ) come over to watch it and the rest i got of ya.

Top quality effort!

Goblin
16th October 2006, 14:05
babyB...:hug:

Cheers vtec and loosebruce:2thumbsup

Sugilite...Thanks so much for your support and advice. Your experience and relaxed attitude had a calming effect on me that made the day so enjoyable. I am so determined to get the 400 running right for next time! I wont let it beat me!

emaN...Looking foward to seeing the wheelie and the great start in the second race. Got any pics?

KZ...Thanks yet again mate! You rock!:rockon:

Horney1
16th October 2006, 16:19
Hey Goblin, great goin' for your first race day! Wish I was there to enjoy it with ya. I hope you can get the 400 sorted soon!! Keep me posted...

Cheers from Aus.

HDTboy
16th October 2006, 16:26
Good to see you out there kel. I didn't get to watch your races cause mine were either side of it, but I heard you did good.

E-man got a good vid of your launch.

Huge respect to KZ for lending you his bike

Goblin
16th October 2006, 16:45
Hey Goblin, great goin' for your first race day! Wish I was there to enjoy it with ya. I hope you can get the 400 sorted soon!! Keep me posted...

Cheers from Aus.
Cheers mate! Steve & Col were there, and a few other non Kbers.
Congrats on new KTM!:2thumbsup You'll have a blast on that.

Welcome to Kb...and please don't feed the trolls.:whistle:

Goblin
16th October 2006, 16:55
No worries Gav...was cool to see ya back on track! You'll have to watch out for me next time...when you're trying to catch me:nya: . I reckon we're going to have some good races.:chase:

emaN
17th October 2006, 11:32
Some pics........

motobob
17th October 2006, 16:08
Great to see another speedy chick out there. An impressive intro to racing. Must make you wonder why you took so long to get out there.

HDTboy
17th October 2006, 16:29
No worries Gav...was cool to see ya back on track! You'll have to watch out for me next time...when you're trying to catch me:nya: . I reckon we're going to have some good races.:chase:

You haven't read my report yet have you? 1:56.667

Goblin
17th October 2006, 16:45
You haven't read my report yet have you? 1:56.667
Just you wait 'til I get my 400 sorted! I'll punt that little baby alot harder than Johno's 6 hundy! 400's seem to bring out the worst in me.:devil2: And even better on the #2 Taupo track.

Thanks motobob. I have been wanting to do it for years. Kb has been the catalyst for me here. So thanks Spankme and all the mods, it's all your fault!

TONO
17th October 2006, 20:43
Congratulations Kel, you were bloody impressive girl! :yes: great results for 1st time up and you will get better....you better believe it.
Just about shit myself when you did the wheelie of the start
:shit: ....great recovery though:done:

cowpoos
18th October 2006, 13:16
way to start you first race meeting chick....awesome start on that second race!!

Motoracer
22nd October 2006, 15:30
Well done Kelly!

If you still have problems with the ZXR, The rev limiter kickes in if you have disconnected the speedo unit from the bike. To bypass this, you can buy a little box aka the deristricter that costs you a fortune or give it to someone who knows what he/she is doing to do it manually or plug the speed back on. Then you can rev past 10K but you'll be restricted to 180k or there abouts.

As for your performance, I must say I was very impressed. First race meet and you did a brilliant job. All the best for the future races.

Sudeep. :)

Rashika
23rd October 2006, 13:00
Awesome to read about your results Goblin! Man you look absolutely TINY on that sixhundy :gob:
Hope you get it all sorted for the next meet ;)

Goblin
23rd October 2006, 13:13
Well done Kelly!

If you still have problems with the ZXR, The rev limiter kickes in if you have disconnected the speedo unit from the bike. To bypass this, you can buy a little box aka the deristricter that costs you a fortune or give it to someone who knows what he/she is doing to do it manually or plug the speed back on. Then you can rev past 10K but you'll be restricted to 180k or there abouts.

As for your performance, I must say I was very impressed. First race meet and you did a brilliant job. All the best for the future races.

Sudeep. :)
Cheers Sudeep! I am still having problems with the ZXR:angry: I have put the speedo back on and still no joy. There's still a couple of things I have to try when the shops are open. If I still have no joy I might have to start a thread on here & get a few opinions. ( which will prolly confuse me more)

Awesome to read about your results Goblin! Man you look absolutely TINY on that sixhundy :gob:
Hope you get it all sorted for the next meet ;)
Thanks Rashika. Power to weight mate! ;) Makes for good starts....now I just have to try and keep up for the duration of the race.