PDA

View Full Version : Moto Morini to return in 2006?

Bob
2nd July 2004, 20:54
Don't know if you guys will recall them (or if they exported to NZ), but in the 70s and 80s, Morini made some nice little bikes - typical Italian electrics etc, but great handling little machines (especially the wonderfully named 3 1/2).

Anyway, it looks like they are going back into production in 2006. This is a link to an article showing some initial artist's sketches of the new bike - (http://www.motociclismo.it/edisport/moto/Notizie.nsf/AllDocID/I94F4EE62A4EC5BE1C1256EBD00546D39?OpenDocument) to me it looks a bit like a Cagiva Raptor.

It also looks like it will be a v-twin - good to see more v-twins entering the marketplace.

What do you guys think?

Jackrat
2nd July 2004, 22:22
If they're anything like the early one they might be quite interesting.
I don't think they were ever bought into NZ by dealers but there are a few around that were private imports.Like you say,a very neat little bike.

Motu
2nd July 2004, 22:46
I really liked the Moto Morini concept - 125,250 singles,350,500cc Vtwins,lots of component sharing to reduce costs,mix n match.They went bloody well too,apart from the Magnetti Spaggetti electrics.

Bob
2nd July 2004, 23:02
Not seen him yet this year, but come Summer I usually get to see a guy who commutes during the 'warmer' (sic), dryer (sic) months on a 3 1/2. From watching him, they look to be great handlers.

Lovely looking little bike. A friend has one as well and occasionally theatens me with a try. Be interesting getting to grips with the controls being on the 'wrong' side!

LB
3rd July 2004, 05:24
There's a guy called John Carter (from Auckland I think?) who races a 3 1/2 in Post Classics. Nice bloke, nice bike.

rat
21st October 2004, 14:17
I Have a 500 sport, It handles like no oter bike I have ridden.
John Carter lives in New Plymouth and has the nz Register for Morinis.
They have a great following in the Uk.
Great Itailian Ponys :cool:

James Deuce
21st October 2004, 14:28
They've been making the Benelli triples, so they certainly have experience with modern production techniques.

Rode a 3 1/2 once - it was absolutely fantastic. One of those bikes that disappears underneath you.