PDA

View Full Version : Tyres for a Suzuki GSX250

Meekey_Mouse
16th October 2006, 09:59
Hi, I know nothing about tyres :lol: but was wondering if any one had any idea what tyres would be good for the above mentioned bike? I'm going to talk to my mechanic when I can, but would appreciate any advice on here :)

Thanks!!

Jaz

kiwifruit
16th October 2006, 10:01
just do what chris mitchell says :)

MSTRS
16th October 2006, 10:07
Pirelli Sport Demons are an excellent tyre for 250's

Freakshow
16th October 2006, 10:09
Pirelli Sport Demons are an excellent tyre for 250's

And I have one for sale!

Will give you the link when it goes on Trade ME!!:chase:

Buster
16th October 2006, 10:29
Hi, I know nothing about tyres :lol: but was wondering if any one had any idea what tyres would be good for the above mentioned bike? I'm going to talk to my mechanic when I can, but would appreciate any advice on here :)

Thanks!!

Jaz

What sort of riding do you do? Im running Michelin Pilot Actives, and it makes a huge difference.

Meekey_Mouse
16th October 2006, 18:02
What sort of riding do you do? Im running Michelin Pilot Actives, and it makes a huge difference.

Riding around/through town, will be doing a bit of touring and a few trackdays

2much
16th October 2006, 20:42
just do what chris mitchell says :)

Good advice.

Kenda's are a good cheap option, got a GSX250 and i've scraped the pegs with them easily, they stick like shit to a blanket. BT45's will cost more but last longer due to dual compound.

Meekey_Mouse
24th October 2006, 16:31
Aprox. how much will it cost to get 2 new tyres for my bike?? Just so I know how much to start saving for lol

MSTRS
24th October 2006, 16:47
That is always a curly question. If you want halfway decent tyres then budget for around $350-400 for a pair

2much
24th October 2006, 17:42
bout 200 for a pair of kendas i think

Mr. Peanut
24th October 2006, 17:57
Shinko 005's are really good multipurpose tyre. I drag my pegs with em, and they're not expensive either.

speights_bud
26th October 2006, 14:01
I would personally recomend the bridgestone battlax series if you can get them in the right sizes.

But before you go buying them off the shop you should know that you shouldn't pay the shelf price straight off.

I strongly reccomend going to www.cycletreads.co.nz and checking out their prices in the catalogue

This is where alot of bike shops will order from and you can get it delivered to your door for cheaper. However you will still have to pay a fitting fee if you cannot do so yourself.

speights_bud
26th October 2006, 14:05
Riding around/through town, will be doing a bit of touring and a few trackdays

Sounds similar to what i'm doing, including a bit of harder riding (if possible on a 250).
I ran a battlax on the back for the last track day i did and it held up well, even with a 110kg passenger (Gixxer 4 Ever) on the back at one stage. I've now matched them front and rear and everything is good. Cost me $350 all round.

The dual compound is also a big advantage for you if you're doing touring and track days as the middle of the tyre is harder so it lasts loger, but the outside is stickier to give ya more grip when ya tip itin a bit more.

Wasp
26th October 2006, 20:28
perrali sport demons for my gsf cost just under $400 for the pair inc fitting

frogfeaturesFZR
27th October 2006, 09:00
Hey Jaz....Pirelli Sport Demons work really well on my 400. Can't recommend them enough:yes: