PDA

View Full Version : Garry H 2006 Actrix Series F3 Post Mortum

GSVR
16th October 2006, 10:51
The plan at the begining of the series was to complete as many races as possible and learn some racecraft. Comparing my laptimes in Clubmans to what others where doing in F3 last year I knew I could run midfield atleast and was looking forward to some close racing with bikes similar to mine.

Looking back now at the completion of the series is great. Biggest expense by far was tyres as I was doing as many testdays as possible wearing out my partly worn tyres from the meeting before and then putting on a new rear or sometimes both. Biggest mistake I made at the beginning of the series was not having any race wets and this cost me dearly in 2 rounds as all I could do was circulate and try to salvage what points I could.

Talking at the pub after the series Geoff Booth said that when Andrew Stroud fell in the nationals last year that was the first time in 15 years. Andrew Stroud just does'nt crash. I think many entering the sport on limited bugets could learn from this. You don't have to impress anyone really and even if you do win a club race by next year most will have forgotten about it except for yourself. And everyone will get more racing as the support vehicles and ambo won't have to be out on the track every other race.

Going into this last round of the series Phil(svs) was 11 points ahead of Jarrod Wintle with myself 3 points behind Jarrod. To me the F3 champoinship placings where all but decided with Jason Nairn and Glen Willaims comfortably taking out 1st and 2nd and Phil going to hold onto 3rd as he's a seasoned and very consistant rider. I was hoping I might be able to get some points on Jarrod but on the day he was just to fast. Phils 2 DNF's let both Jarrod and myself move up a placing with Jarrod taking out 3rd spot and myself 4th for the series.

The best result achieved all series was a 4th but due to not having any DNS/DNFs I was able to finish ahead of others that at the beginning of the series looked like blitzing me. Glen Williams has been a great help also. Just talking with him at testdays and watching him go past me on the track and seeing how fast he rides is great. His bike has a standard carbed model just like mine with no engine mods and when I look at his laptimes he's just amazing.

Frustration at the moment is not knowing what the F3 rules will be after next year. I would like to do some mods to bring my bikes HP up to aleast that of the fuel injected models but at this stage would potentually make my bike illegal in the future and mean having to buy another motor to become legal again. I don't have alot of money to invest so the other option may be just to put this bike back on the road after Christmas (as I plan to do the Wanganui race).

Thanks to the Victoria Club people. Derek, Mel, Phil, Andrea, Jeremy, Mark, Jane, and all the others that put in so much of the own personal time to make this series so good.

kickingzebra
16th October 2006, 10:57
You preahc the consistancy gospel. This is a good gospel. Crashing out, even from the front is still crashing out!
Nice work out there, good to chat with you! Till next time!

Racey Rider
16th October 2006, 11:01
Well Done Garry. You've certainly put the time effort and money in, so good to see it paying off.

emaN
16th October 2006, 11:02
Great riding bro, and wise words written...!

(will direct a "certain someone" to your thread!:whistle:

...goes to find Tboy... (who did well,incidentally!)

babyB
16th October 2006, 11:06
good on ya and :2thumbsup well done

Goblin
16th October 2006, 11:31
Well done Garry! :2thumbsup Great to see you finish ALL your races. Your attitude to crashing is one many could learn from.

Hope to see you at the PMCC series. :D

sugilite
16th October 2006, 11:33
Well done Gary.
A great result! I admire your dedication by putting in those practice days and improving your riding and bike through the series.

Thank you also for all the help you gave me throughout the practice days and the 6 Actrix rounds. :2thumbsup

skelstar
16th October 2006, 11:52
Good stuff Garry, very wise words.:niceone:

motobob
17th October 2006, 16:16
Excellent rides Garry. Good to see you achieve your goals. Racing is hard on the pocket but having the new F3 rules floating around makes it just that much harder. Seems no one will be happy with whatever decision they make. Anyway its good to have met you.

Sparky Bills
17th October 2006, 16:44
You did bloody well this year man!
Slow down a bi will ya, so i can catch up a bit next time we're at Taupo.

Good luck with the rest of your racing to come.

GSVR
18th October 2006, 07:21
Well done Garry! :2thumbsup Great to see you finish ALL your races. Your attitude to crashing is one many could learn from.

Hope to see you at the PMCC series. :D

Well I finished all my F3 races! Didn't do all the F2s as I threated them more as a way to get warmed up for the F3 racing. Still managed to come in at Manfeild after one F2 race with the bike and myself covered in Mud but we won't go there.

Kiwirider trackday on the 28th Oct then first round of Pacific Summer Series on the 29th.

GSVR
18th October 2006, 07:29
Well done Gary.
A great result! I admire your dedication by putting in those practice days and improving your riding and bike through the series.

Thank you also for all the help you gave me throughout the practice days and the 6 Actrix rounds. :2thumbsup

Hey I only remember hanging around you while you did stuff to pick up some of your know how! Great to have top riders such as yourself at these days to keep me inspired.

GSVR
18th October 2006, 07:41
Thanks for what has been written in this thread. Racedays I don't tend to be that sociable only talking mainly to the people I'm racing against. I'm finding alot of racing is in your head and having the right focus before/during racing.

After a race meeting I have time to reflect on what was done right and where I made mistakes and hopefully remember for next raceday and not repeat the same mistakes.

loosebruce
18th October 2006, 08:23
Nice work Gary, it's great to be able to progress through the series with improvments, it's always good to catch up with you at the rounds and watch you ride. You're right about Glen too pretty wicked stuff, id' be about well if he can do it............ maybe i can........ if you know what i mean. Ride the wheels off what ya got.
Take it easy mate and will catch up at some stage, even if i dont race PMCC i might head down to watch. :rockon:

slowpoke
18th October 2006, 08:32
I'm finding alot of racing is in your head and having the right focus before/during racing.

After a race meeting I have time to reflect on what was done right and where I made mistakes and hopefully remember for next raceday and not repeat the same mistakes.

Oh oh, I'm screwed! I'm still trying to find the Easter eggs I hid last year...

Was good to see you at one of the test days and learn a wee bit. If you weren't so quick I might be able to learn even more.

cowpoos
18th October 2006, 13:04
good stuff bro!!

Motoracer
22nd October 2006, 15:37
Good on ya Garry. Will be good to see how you in Wanganui.

All the best.