PDA

View Full Version : HondaVFR Final Drive Parts Required

Warr
16th October 2006, 12:37
Long stort...
Short story, lost large nut that holds on the rear sprocket and the spacer behind it. After this fell off so did the 5 rubbers dampers.

Biggest problem is Boyds say nut etc is only available from Japan.

Eccohonda have the rubbers, but cant be fagged waiting for Japan.
Can anyone help please... :)

Correction found the collar I need is #8

emaN
16th October 2006, 12:46
did this happen during the Challenge?
you ok?

Warr
16th October 2006, 12:50
did this happen during the Challenge?
you ok?
Surely yes !! ... Where were you?
On the TeTeko - Murupara road.
No warning then no drive. Chain hardly did any damage so all good.

Guess I could post a trip report!! Was indead a ride to remember

kickingzebra
16th October 2006, 13:42
Guess I could post a trip report!! Was indead a ride to remember

Statute of limitations and personal liability surely must be considered first ;)

Deano
16th October 2006, 14:01
Long stort...
Short story, lost large nut that holds on the rear sprocket and the spacer behind it. After this fell off so did the 5 rubbers dampers.

Biggest problem is Boyds say nut etc is only available from Japan.

Eccohonda have the rubbers, but cant be fagged waiting for Japan.
Can anyone help please... :)

We found my race bike had a broken one......waiting for a replacement ex Japan.

Bike still seems to go ok with four bolts.

Warr
16th October 2006, 15:11
Statute of limitations and personal liability surely must be considered first ;)
Yes some stories are best told by word of mouth to save the incriminations.

Re the parts / missing part situation.
All I can locate in NZ thus far are the 5 rubber dampers.
I really need #24 which is listed as a washer, but is a 35ID,45OD spacer and the nut #19.
Even if someone could loan me these I'd order you up a replacement from the J place

Blackbird
16th October 2006, 15:16
Sorry to hear about the DNF Warren. Had a txt from Mangell 6 yesterday and it sounds like there was a bit of an attrition rate this time around. Look forward to hearing a full report. Thinking of doing No 5 next year to celebrate my 60th birthday which is only 2 days before the ride.

Geoff

Warr
16th October 2006, 15:38
Sorry to hear about the DNF Warren. Had a txt from Mangell 6 yesterday and it sounds like there was a bit of an attrition rate this time around. Look forward to hearing a full report. Thinking of doing No 5 next year to celebrate my 60th birthday which is only 2 days before the ride.

Geoff
Yea was a pity... My body didnt enjoy it as much as last year, and I was making vows about never again, never again as I went around. But that was mostly due to the front end being too harsh. Today after posting on the VFR site, I find out that the fork oil should be 5W or perhaps 7.5W. I was running 10W and my hands were very sore as the ride progressed. To the extent that after 1000k I was having to use the clutch less and less. Not a good way to get around.
Was really surprised at the fatigue level. No problem at all.

The course had been set to reduce the chance of guys getting home too early, this by alot of secondary roads. But that is of course is all part of the Challenge eh :)

Warr
17th October 2006, 20:07
Bump :)

Looks like EccoHonda are coming to the rescue. Surprised I own such a rare beast!

kickingzebra
18th October 2006, 07:41
Hray!! Honda parts for the masses!

Warr
20th October 2006, 19:53
EccoHonda came to the party with the parts. All sweet, thanks Neil & Malcom.
Next problem was tightening a 46mm nut to 140'lb's. My mechanic friend had socket and something long for leverage.
So back on the road for lots more k's I hope :)

Titanium
20th October 2006, 20:01
EccoHonda came to the party with the parts. All sweet, thanks Neil & Malcom.
Next problem was tightening a 46mm nut to 140'lb's. My mechanic friend had socket and something long for leverage.
So back on the road for lots more k's I hope :)

Might be able to help you out ......

Lots of big stuff in the engineers workshop at work, torque wrench as well.

Glad to see you are sorted in a week.

Cheers

Peter