PDA

View Full Version : Good cop.... and no bad cop :)

Posh Tourer :P
3rd July 2004, 12:12
Just a quick thanks to the copper who ignored me as I overtook on the median strip in heavy but flowing (~40kmh) traffic on Mt Albert Rd on thurs evening. For some reason, the car I was overtaking ended up speeding up to 60 (dont you hate that), so I was also utilising a few more units of speed than i ought to have gotten away with....

bikerboy
3rd July 2004, 12:42
Lucky you, I, however, encountered Mr. Plod aka Asshole on Wednesday.

Apologies to all good cops, heard you exist but never met ya. And honestly don't think you exist despite ALL stories to the contrary. Posh's good fortune was most likely due to a lazy assed attitude or doughnut break. :-(

I was pulled over on the NWestern M/W about 3-00. Evidently I over took traffic on Hobson Street while in one of the left hand straight only lanes while the traffiic in the lane to my right was stopped due to the Northern M/W being backed up. This was cited as overtaking on the left.??????

While at it, the "officer" in the unmarked car, wearing shorts, singlet and jandles, with no proper ID, also felt that my irridium visor was too dark for the conditions and that once on the on-ramp I accellerated too quickly. Apparently the on ramp has a limit of 80kph, and I was doing 100kph before I actually entered the traffic on the M/W proper. And foolish me thought the purpose of the on-ramp was to allow merging traffic to reach the speed of the M/W traffic.

Just to top it all off the warrent and registration tag were" not clearly visible from 10 metres as required by law". Despite them being installed by the dealer/WOF person, not me.

Now I was not particularly pleased but said very little, being of the attitude if you can say something nice...., until the tickets were firmly in my hand. Then I let the "officer" know how unhappy I was. This just continues to reinforce my opinion of the Traffic police in this country. His only positive comment was made upon approach, that's a flash bike you're riding in such a hurry m8!

Will I pay/fight this, not sure. It has never done me any good in the past as the crooked blue line looks after it's own. Tempted, as this will put me dangerously close to loosing my license. All previous fines were for going 15 kph or less over the limit on the M/Ws. :bash:

Perhaps I should stop driving/riding and take up burglarly. :2guns:

Zed
3rd July 2004, 13:08
...I was pulled over on the NWestern M/W about 3-00. Evidently I over took traffic on Hobson Street while in one of the left hand straight only lanes while the traffiic in the lane to my right was stopped due to the Northern M/W being backed up. This was cited as overtaking on the left.??????

...also felt that my irridium visor was too dark for the conditions and that once on the on-ramp I accellerated too quickly. Apparently the on ramp has a limit of 80kph, and I was doing 100kph before I actually entered the traffic on the M/W proper...

Just to top it all off the warrent and registration tag were" not clearly visible from 10 metres as required by law". Despite them being installed by the dealer/WOF person, not me...
Wow, he really gave you the going over bikerboy! I can understand your anger and personal impression of the cops despite Posh's positive report.

You'll certainly be under pressure now to "be a good boy". :sneaky2:

Zed

wari
3rd July 2004, 13:31

:2guns:

By the beard of CUrvey WUsk ... what ... a ... barstid :eyepoke:

Jackrat
3rd July 2004, 13:41

Apologies to all good cops, heard you exist but never met ya. And honestly don't think you exist despite ALL stories to the contrary. Posh's good fortune was most likely due to a lazy assed attitude or doughnut break. :-(

I was pulled over on the NWestern M/W about 3-00. Evidently I over took traffic on Hobson Street while in one of the left hand straight only lanes while the traffiic in the lane to my right was stopped due to the Northern M/W being backed up. This was cited as overtaking on the left.??????

While at it, the "officer" in the unmarked car, wearing shorts, singlet and jandles, with no proper ID, also felt that my irridium visor was too dark for the conditions and that once on the on-ramp I accellerated too quickly. Apparently the on ramp has a limit of 80kph, and I was doing 100kph before I actually entered the traffic on the M/W proper. And foolish me thought the purpose of the on-ramp was to allow merging traffic to reach the speed of the M/W traffic.

Just to top it all off the warrent and registration tag were" not clearly visible from 10 metres as required by law". Despite them being installed by the dealer/WOF person, not me.

Now I was not particularly pleased but said very little, being of the attitude if you can say something nice...., until the tickets were firmly in my hand. Then I let the "officer" know how unhappy I was. This just continues to reinforce my opinion of the Traffic police in this country. His only positive comment was made upon approach, that's a flash bike you're riding in such a hurry m8!

Will I pay/fight this, not sure. It has never done me any good in the past as the crooked blue line looks after it's own. Tempted, as this will put me dangerously close to loosing my license. All previous fines were for going 15 kph or less over the limit on the M/Ws. :bash:

How do you know he had no proper ID,Did you ask to see it?
Do you even know what a proper Police ID is ?
Sounds like a tall story to me. :third:

Zed
3rd July 2004, 13:44
How do you know he had no proper ID,Did you ask to see it?
Do you even know what a proper Police ID is ?
Sounds like a tall story to me. :third:
Talk about "putting the boot in" when a man is down!

Mongoose
3rd July 2004, 14:01

And .. the desision to pay/fight ended up bieng? On what you have said, remembering this s only ne side of it, I would sure fight it. :2guns:

fastford111
3rd July 2004, 14:02
the cops over here in aussie carry guns so you cant give them a mouth full but dosent stop you wanting to so how much did he shaft you for :2guns:

Dr Bob
3rd July 2004, 14:06

If the traffic was stationary then you can pass on the left; however, if you were in the lane that went to the southern then you've got problems. If you were coming up to the lights, then the rules are again different and you are legally not allowed to overtake on any side approaching a controlled intersection.

However, I share your anger, the police are seldom around when the cars go from North Western to Southern on ramps mid intersection, nor when (coming the other way onto Nelson, the traffic goes through the red light 62.48% of the time.)

jrandom
3rd July 2004, 15:07
If the traffic was stationary then you can pass on the left; however, if you were in the lane that went to the southern then you've got problems.

Don't see why. If BB overtook in a *separate lane* to the left, and then indicated, rejoined the NW onramp and passed more cars on the left, within the NW feed lane, which were motionless, he broke no rules. I think the 'overtaking' ticket should be struck down.

That idiotic little comment from the cop about the iridium visor was plain twattery.

Anyway, there is no way that I would pay those fines as they stand. BB, write a letter. Take it to court if you have to.

Get on to legislation.govt.nz, and find the relevant sections in the Traffic Regulations 1976.

If he didn't get a calibrated speedo reading from following you, and he didn't have a radar lock, he can't ticket you for 100 in an 80.

The 'license and rego visible' thing? Check the regulations. If the bike really *was* breaking them, it's a fair cop. But if he was stretching the point, include a photograph with your letter, and an explanation of why it wasn't so.

traffic goes through the red light 62.48% of the time

Dr B, your statistic carries a 43.81% error rate.

bikerboy
3rd July 2004, 15:11
"proper ID" - anything that said police on it, he showed me nothing, no badge, no uniform, no piece of paper with cop written in crayon on it. Niente, I was to take his word for it. And we all know how honest they are when they aren't exposing themselves to children, strangling mentally challenged guys in the backseat of cop cars or shooting an unarmed guy in the back several times from twenty metres while cowering in fear. Given the recent story in the paper about non cops running around in cop cars one would expect some kind of ID, especially in an unmarked car and out of uniform.

"tall story" - That is exactly the attitude which makes me of two minds about challenging it. The cops are NEVER wrong, NEVER rude, NEVER assholes, etc. They are a special unique type of person who is always right, acts fairly and honestly except when they don't, but then there is always some special "reason" which makes it ok then too.

The lane I was in said NW M/W on it. The lane directly to my right said N M/W on it. I never changed lanes since turning on to Hobson from Victoria Street. Just continued straight to the on-ramp.

The light was green but the traffic going on to the northern M/W was unable to proceed through the intersection due to traffic backed up. I foolishly followed the other cars in front of me through the intersection. I suppose I could have stopped in my lane until the three other lanes going in different directions were able to proceed.....yeah that is the thing to do in future. :no:

It isn't the amount of the fine(about $600-00) nor the cost of fighting it, I'm lucky in that I can easily afford it. It is the principle of the thing, something that doesn't seem to count for much in this country. After all if the head cop responsible for the speed enforcement policy can get caught speeding and no one says he should quite.....thats like the Minister of Health bribing doctors to get bumped up the waiting list or the PM signing her name to something she didn't do.....or right that happened. :confused:

And that's all I'm going to say about this. :finger:

jrandom
3rd July 2004, 15:25
one would expect some kind of ID

Did you ask to see any?

It is the principle of the thing, something that doesn't seem to count for much in this country. After all if the head cop responsible for the speed enforcement policy can get caught speeding and no one says he should quit

Why should he quit? Perhaps 'this country' values pragmatism more than principle. Particularly when the people bleating for 'principles' often do so hypocritically.

It may grate against some of the more straightforward moralisers on the forum to hear me say this, but a person's ability to enforce policy has nothing to do with whether or not they follow it perfectly themselves. And one would hope that *ability* was the primary reason for a head cop's appointment.

If we're going to get started on slurs about national mindsets, I think you picked the wrong place to be coming from, BB <_<

Mongoose
3rd July 2004, 15:56
Grabs a :apint: and sits back a waiting the fall out from this last posting.

James Deuce
3rd July 2004, 16:12
the cops over here in aussie carry guns so you cant give them a mouth full but dosent stop you wanting to so how much did he shaft you for :2guns:

So they shoot you if you mouth off??

No freedom of speech in Aussie?

Motu
3rd July 2004, 16:21
Just a quick thanks to the copper who ignored me as I overtook on the median strip in heavy but flowing (~40kmh) traffic on Mt Albert Rd on thurs evening. For some reason, the car I was overtaking ended up speeding up to 60 (dont you hate that), so I was also utilising a few more units of speed than i ought to have gotten away with....

I think you should do the right thing and hand yourself into the nearest Police station,you know you have done wrong,broken the law and endangered your own life as well as countless others.You are probably drunk right now and contemplating suicide - don't let me stop you - but for the sake of the little children,confess and take your punishment like a man,you ride a BMW after all,I doubt if any BMW rider now or ever has done such a thing.If you haven't presented yourself to the Police by monday - I will! I will do a citizens arresst to rid our community of scum such as yourself.Just imagine what could of happened if I was coming the other way in my Pajero - I drive on the median strip at all times,this is my right as a SUV driver,and although a BMW has more substance than a Jap sports bike I'm sure I could of done a bit of damage,maybe I'd have to back up for another go,but the result would be the same.

As you were.

spudchucka
3rd July 2004, 16:25
"proper ID" - anything that said police on it
Like the police car he stopped you in?? If he's a fake the ticket wont stand for shit shit anyway. If he's off duty he should still ID himself or at least give his name and where he is stationed.

And we all know how honest they are when they aren't exposing themselves to children, strangling mentally challenged guys in the backseat of cop cars or shooting an unarmed guy in the back several times from twenty metres while cowering in fear.
I understand you are a little upset over this fiend taking your money but with all due respect, get a fucken grip!!!

After all if the head cop responsible for the speed enforcement policy can get caught speeding and no one says he should quite.....thats like the Minister of Health bribing doctors to get bumped up the waiting list or the PM signing her name to something she didn't do.....or right that happened
He wasn't the "head cop responsible for speed enforcement policy". He is the area commander of the central police district. Despite the fact that he has been outspoken on speed enforcement in his district he is not in charge of national policy.

Jackrat
3rd July 2004, 17:03
Talk about "putting the boot in" when a man is down!
Well no doubt the day I get a speeding ticket an write a long winded bleat on a public forum I'll get the same responce.
He's not down,he just got a ticket.
Should of been done for poor taste as well :lol:

Kickaha
3rd July 2004, 17:39
Apologies to all good cops, heard you exist but never met ya. And honestly don't think you exist despite ALL stories to the contrary. Posh's good fortune was most likely due to a lazy assed attitude or doughnut break.

Well I would have said the cop who let me off for 124km in a 100 zone was a good one and the one who let me off for no WOF and the one for driving a car with open exhausts.

And we all know how honest they are when they aren't exposing themselves to children, strangling mentally challenged guys in the backseat of cop cars or shooting an unarmed guy in the back several times from twenty metres while cowering in fear

I understand you are a little upset over this fiend taking your money but with all due respect, get a fucken grip!!!

What Spud said!

fastford111
3rd July 2004, 18:25
like cartman said u must respect my authortie :Pokey:

bikerboy
3rd July 2004, 19:08
Integrety and honor used to mean something. Still do to some but not to far too many.

There is no honor nor integrety in "do as I say, not as I do."

The actions I cited show a lack of both in positions of high regard, whether they are national, district or local. Obviously some don't like it when the flaws of the trusted are exposed.

BTW, i did ask for ID, twice but was told the officer's word was all that was required, yeah right see above.

fastford111
3rd July 2004, 19:26
i say take it to court waste their time like they have done to you if nothing else you can get time to pay it of give em a dollor a week :cool:

Jackrat
3rd July 2004, 19:37
Integrety and honor used to mean something. Still do to some but not to far too many.

There is no honor nor integrety in "do as I say, not as I do."

The actions I cited show a lack of both in positions of high regard, whether they are national, district or local. Obviously some don't like it when the flaws of the trusted are exposed.

BTW, i did ask for ID, twice but was told the officer's word was all that was required, yeah right see above.

The actions you cited are probably nothing but a figment of your imagination.
You asked for ID and got that responce,BULLSHIT!!
If that was true you would have said so in your original whinge.
This sounds like it's being made up on the run.
The longer the story the more likely it is to be crap.
They here's an idea,why don't you prove me wrong by scaning the ticket an posting it for all to see.
Yeah right. :Oops:

DEATH_INC.
3rd July 2004, 19:55
i say take it to court waste their time like they have done to you if nothing else you can get time to pay it of give em a dollor a week :cool:
Yeah,mak'em work for it,you won't win(I've been done by a lying asshole)his word is gold and cannot be doubted,but waste the assholes time like he's doing to you......

Zed
3rd July 2004, 20:48
They here's an idea,why don't you prove me wrong by scaning the ticket an posting it for all to see.
If he does scan & post it we had better see a BIG apology come from you Jackrat! :thud:

wkid_one
3rd July 2004, 20:55
"proper ID" - anything that said police on it, he showed me nothing, no badge, no uniform, no piece of paper with cop written in crayon on it. Niente, I was to take his word for it. And we all know how honest they are when they aren't exposing themselves to children, strangling mentally challenged guys in the backseat of cop cars or shooting an unarmed guy in the back several times from twenty metres while cowering in fear. Given the recent story in the paper about non cops running around in cop cars one would expect some kind of ID, especially in an unmarked car and out of uniform.

Surely if he issued you with a ticket from a Police Ticket Book and indicated his Name in the 'Officer' field - this is proof enuf he is a police officer?

Jackrat
3rd July 2004, 22:10
If he does scan & post it we had better see a BIG apology come from you Jackrat! :thud:

I apologise for taking the piss out of no man.
Where would the fun be in that?
Buy the way,do you remember what the weather was like on wednesday?
Shorts,singlet,and jandels,
Funny I was driving a 15000kg truck around AK that day and I was darn near geting blown off the road.
I'm not holding my breath waiting for that post.

wkid_one
3rd July 2004, 22:11
I apologise for taking the piss out of no man.
Where would the fun be in that?
Hahahahahaha - well said!

speedpro
3rd July 2004, 22:32
My "overtaking on the left" ticket was from officer number KSF016 - a Senior Constable Shirtliff. I don't suppose it was the same guy??

If what you say is true - give them hell.

So far I've got copies of everything on file including a copy of the officers personal notes concerning the "offence". Unfortunately I don't think it'll be worth pursuing through the courts. As you have more or less said it will end up being your word against the "fine upstanding 100%-truth-telling officer of the law". I've been in that situation and the bastard lied through his hind teeth and I wouldn't expect any difference now or in the future. The judge believed what the "fine upstanding 100%-truth-telling officer of the law" said, of course.

Lou Girardin
4th July 2004, 15:27
Why isn't it worth defending it in court? You seem reasonably eloquent, the worst that can happen is to get a few more bucks in costs.

spudchucka
4th July 2004, 16:24
By all means defend it but do it for the right reasons. Taking it to Court just to waste "their" time is brainless, after all its a big company with lots of money. Who in the police or Courts would care if someone defends a traffic ticket?? They are in Court all the time and just one more person defending a traffic ticket isn't going to break the bank or cause anyone to lose sleep.

DEATH_INC.
4th July 2004, 17:52
By all means defend it but do it for the right reasons. Taking it to Court just to waste "their" time is brainless, after all its a big company with lots of money. Who in the police or Courts would care if someone defends a traffic ticket?? They are in Court all the time and just one more person defending a traffic ticket isn't going to break the bank or cause anyone to lose sleep.
yeh,but maybe if the tosser has to waste his time in court too he may reconsider next time he dreams up some b/s ticket....

bikerboy
4th July 2004, 18:18
It is interesting that "spud" advocates fighting the ticket only on the basis of principle while stating the courts are only influenced by pragmatism.

While pragmatism would support clogging the courts with contesting all tickets in order to over turn the principled approach of prosecuting every citation regardless of merit or cost.

Hypocrisy? :Pokey:

Andrew
4th July 2004, 23:20
Bring him down man, bring him down to China town.
See that justice is done.

I've had tickets and I'd love to contest them. However due to my financial situation I can't afford to risk more $$ and be worse off. Instead my tickets get paid in full or drip fed but very very very slowly.

I still however feel I shouldn't be paying some out of principle, but what can I do about it?

I'm guessing this cop was acting unprofessionally in his duty and had some personal issues with you.

spudchucka
5th July 2004, 09:53
yeh,but maybe if the tosser has to waste his time in court too he may reconsider next time he dreams up some b/s ticket....
Cops are in Court all the time, one more hearing won't bother anyone.

scumdog
5th July 2004, 09:59
The whole story seems bizarre, get the ticket scanned onto this site so we can all see the details.
I would almost think you had been stopped by a "claytons cop", a wannabe with a stolen ticket book.
Doesn't sound too professional - if it is a true story.

spudchucka
5th July 2004, 10:07
It is interesting that "spud" advocates fighting the ticket only on the basis of principle while stating the courts are only influenced by pragmatism.

While pragmatism would support clogging the courts with contesting all tickets in order to over turn the principled approach of prosecuting every citation regardless of merit or cost.

Hypocrisy? :Pokey:
Wrong bikerboy. I said taking it to court to waste "their" time is brainless. If someone believes they have been wrongly ticketed they can defend it, that is their right.

Oxford dictionary defines "Pragmatism" as follows.

"thinking about solving problems in a practical and sensible way rather than by having fixed ideas or theories"

The courts are bound by the law, which is mostly black & white, not pragmatic.

What is practical or sensible about clogging up an already clogged up court system with sour graped motorists defending traffic fines that they should just shut up about and pay? All you are going to achieve is slowing down the wheels of justice for those who actually deserve it.

marty
5th July 2004, 11:03
F016 is an ex-mot cop.

hey BB, what is the qid (reg number) of your issuing cop? it sounds seriously dodgy, and he should have produced some ID. the only thing that i can think is that he had been at arms training or pct - a senior constable wouldn't have an unmarked car as personal use otherwise. i reckon that you have good grounds to have it waived on that issue alone.

bikerboy
5th July 2004, 12:06
Not wishing to fuel this anymore, however a few points of clarification....

Marty, the guy was an offduty detective, not a traffic cop, as I have since found out.

Spud, the "concept" of pragmatism means taking into account the context. Courts generally consider the situation involved (extenuating circumstances, etc.) as well as the law when handing out sentences, thus being pragmatic.

Fighting the ticket only because one is right, as you advocated, is principled. Fighting it to make a statement, slow things down, get attention, etc. irrespective of being right is pragmatic.

Learning the difference between concepts and literal definitions of words might enlighten you, but then that would conflict with the "us against them, right or wrong, black or white" dogmatic attitude of policing. :Oops:

This truely is my LAST comment on the matter. I only posted it originally to show for every good cop there is a bad one, so we shouldn't get too excited when let off, and thus complacent about injustices. The result was expected, predictable and amusing in that the usual suspects turned out.

Now it is just boring...........

scumdog
5th July 2004, 12:13
Qoute."Marty, the guy was an offduty detective, not a traffic cop, as I have since found out."
:Pokey:
Hah! I knew it wasn't true!! Detectives think ticket books are just for holding the computer screen at the right angle, they wouldn't know how to write a ticket out!!!! :innocent: :moon:

DEATH_INC.
5th July 2004, 14:00
The wanker that got me was something like that too(a 'd'),he was in a wagon with heaps of stuff in the back,not a patrol car.....

marty
5th July 2004, 14:08
he MUST have a traffic background to be waa-ing on the way he did though. i can't think of any d's that would write someone up unless it was an outrageous move. come to think of it i don't know any d's that even carry a ticket book!

Wenier
5th July 2004, 14:12
Yea he seems like a dick by ticketing you for every little thing where it probably aint even able to be ticketed for

DEATH_INC.
5th July 2004, 14:14
The guy that did me did.He was on the force when they bought in some radar system and you had to do an 'estimated speed' test or something......that's what he used to get me along with his other bullshit story.....

spudchucka
5th July 2004, 19:46
Spud, the "concept" of pragmatism means taking into account the context. Courts generally consider the situation involved (extenuating circumstances, etc.) as well as the law when handing out sentences, thus being pragmatic.

Fighting the ticket only because one is right, as you advocated, is principled. Fighting it to make a statement, slow things down, get attention, etc. irrespective of being right is pragmatic.

Learning the difference between concepts and literal definitions of words might enlighten you, but then that would conflict with the "us against them, right or wrong, black or white" dogmatic attitude of policing. :Oops:
I was just winding you up, as were you no doubt in the beginning.

igor
5th July 2004, 20:05
he MUST have a traffic background to be waa-ing on the way he did though. i can't think of any d's that would write someone up unless it was an outrageous move. come to think of it i don't know any d's that even carry a ticket book!

oh they do in Jaffaland as they love righting up shitheads. maybe an ex Mot cop who is now a Detective or even worse a D/Sgt. :kick: whats his officer number it might be me.

F016 is the nicest ex Mot - and also ex ACC cop you could meat. I think he is even on this board and is currently rolling around on the floor pissing him about whats being written about him. :bleh:

Lou Girardin
5th July 2004, 20:07
What would happen if everyone defended their tickets?
Courts reaching critical mass?

Mongoose
5th July 2004, 20:21
What would happen if everyone defended their tickets?
Courts reaching critical mass?

Naaa, the Gummint would change the rules and make them indefencable, just pay yer money. :2guns:

bikerboy
6th July 2004, 11:26
I think he is even on this board and is currently rolling around on the floor pissing him about whats being written about him. :bleh:
Precisely why I'm saying nothing more. :kick:

vifferman
6th July 2004, 11:43
Precisely why I'm saying nothing more. :kick:Aha!! But you said that when you posted your last LAST post. So is the this the VERY VERY LASTEST LAST post, or just the nearly-to-last one?:Pokey:

I'm not sure how this fits in to this thread, but my second-to-last accident was right in front of two detectives, who stopped and made sure everything was OK, then pissed off quick, as they didn't want to get involved in anything that would end up requiring more of their time. A reasonable attitude; they did give me their names in case the other motorist changed her tune. But you'd expect most policemans to not get involved in any traffic stuff unless it was dangerous or very blatantly illegal/reckless/stupid. Sounds like what you were doing was none of these things...

spudchucka
6th July 2004, 14:44
I'm not sure how this fits in to this thread, but my second-to-last accident was right in front of two detectives, who stopped and made sure everything was OK, then pissed off quick, as they didn't want to get involved in anything that would end up requiring more of their time.
More likely they pissed off quick because most D's wouldn't know where to start with anything to do with traffic matters, fair enough too, they have bigger things to worry about.

pete376403
6th July 2004, 22:34
OK for good cop I'd like to nominate the HP guy on the Himitangi Straights tonight about 8:45 ~ 9 o'clock who only flashed his disco lights at me a wee bit rather than pulling me up for doing nearly 112 km/hr. Maybe he had better things to do. Thanks, whoever you were.

Posh Tourer :P
7th July 2004, 17:35
You sure you didnt just lose him very quickly Pete??

pete376403
7th July 2004, 23:40
No, was driving the car and my wife was with me. She managed to refrain from saying "told you so" for nearly a whole minute. :rolleyes:

DEATH_INC.
8th July 2004, 07:11
No, was driving the car and my wife was with me. She managed to refrain from saying "told you so" for nearly a whole minute. :rolleyes:
:killingme :killingme
I've been let off a couple of late too,but just when you think the :Police: aren't so bad you get stories like this post.......

Kwaka-Kid
12th July 2005, 14:50
My "overtaking on the left" ticket was from officer number KSF016 - a Senior Constable Shirtliff. I don't suppose it was the same guy??

If what you say is true - give them hell.

So far I've got copies of everything on file including a copy of the officers personal notes concerning the "offence". Unfortunately I don't think it'll be worth pursuing through the courts. As you have more or less said it will end up being your word against the "fine upstanding 100%-truth-telling officer of the law". I've been in that situation and the bastard lied through his hind teeth and I wouldn't expect any difference now or in the future. The judge believed what the "fine upstanding 100%-truth-telling officer of the law" said, of course.

Mind elaborating on this one speedpro?
I know every cop out there isnt the best at his/her job, and some even may well have power-trip problems or the likes, however id like to hear your story on this particular one? If i thought it was a genuine beleiveable story i would go you at least halves in the costs to fight it in court.

oldfart
12th July 2005, 19:43
Mind elaborating on this one speedpro?
I know every cop out there isnt the best at his/her job, and some even may well have power-trip problems or the likes, however id like to hear your story on this particular one? If i thought it was a genuine beleiveable story i would go you at least halves in the costs to fight it in court.

easy boy :no:

marty
12th July 2005, 19:54
and to think i've been writing 2005 on everything for over 6 months now....

Squiggles
12th July 2005, 20:12
fight or flight?

NordieBoy
12th July 2005, 20:29
and to think i've been writing 2005 on everything for over 6 months now....

Well that's what happens being an early adoptor.
The rest of us have had the chance to see if we like 2005 before committing to it fully.

:D

Pixie
13th July 2005, 00:33
While at it, the "officer" in the unmarked car, wearing shorts, singlet and jandles, with no proper ID, :
Sounds like you were just unlucky,from the way he was dressed it sounds like he was out cruising for a hooker and probably couldn't even get a skanky $5 whore with a dick to show any interest,so he decided to take it out on you. :yes:

Kwaka-Kid
13th July 2005, 11:44
Theres better ways to pull pranks on Nodman than turning up on the "other side" of the bench. But hey.. I've got sweet F A to do for the next nine months... I'll come and watch.

haha! nah dude would never do that without him knowing, i mean, id just like to hear the other end of the story - to see how far warped it gets by the time it reaches here if you know what i mean.