PDA

View Full Version : Team Poo's race report vmcc rnd 6

cowpoos
18th October 2006, 12:40
well...I didn't crash :)

saturday morning started casually....turned up about 8 ish...
got the bikes out of the van and cranked up the $450 dollar repco generator...[I ain't putting honda on my tank for no bastard finn!!! ]

Bike was ready from the time I removed it from the van...so no stuffing about this time fixing shit...had one issue...front tyre warmer died...and SVS came to the rescue there...

Qualifing: went out behind daryl toodled for a bit behind him till he decided to get his A into G and he started pulling away...as I found myself catching up to texmo...and I sat behind him for about 4 laps...looking cautiously for a way passed...and learning the full track at the same time...finding braking markers etc...also finding that tex was fucking fast outta one of the corners...the lil shit was firing out of a right hander that comes away from the hairpin on the old track,tapped out knee on the deck till the white line on the side of the track...I scooted past him and then put in what I thought was one good lap and then pulled in....only to find that tex qualified one place up from me...the lil buggar...but full credit to him!!!!!

Race 1: after the warm up lap....we grid up...and we're off...
I spent some time getting pass a couple of people that shot past me at the start...and then I spend most of the race dicing with gordon pullen on his R1 with him dragging me off on the big straight and then me getting right on his arse with in a few corners...but I was lacking the passing balls...in the end on the last lap I got awesome drive out of the last corner on to the big straight and pulled past him for half the straight and he creaped back past me with his extra HP....so under brakes I played chicken...and didn't get past him...but managed to throw him off his line and keep mine to pass him a few metres from the chequered flag on the back wheel [which wasn't intentional..but felt pretty cool..I was just getting really good grip on the last corner]...to finnish 10th

race 2: gridded up....flag drops....whoooa.....got moving real well....then ever buggar gets in my way...so I backed off and sort timidly got round the first corner...and find myself behind gordon pullen and derek hill again...I got past gordon under brakes in to the last corner on to the big straight and made it stick the whole way down the straight...right on derek hills butt coming in to the right that goes over the lil rise planning to try out brake derek....when I notice daryl off his bike and yellow flag waving and next corner red flag...thinking dam...I was feeling good....so we came back into the pits and waiting for the track to clear...and they were saying a restart with a full 5 laps...and I was like WTF....as I didn't put fuck all gas in my bike...and after a bit of a debate they said 4 laps...and I was still a lil hesatant about my gas situation....but what the hell...tough shit I suppose...grided up again after warm up lap...and flag drops a I got a minger start....till two smoker [who also go a minger] changed his line and I had to brake hard to stop hitting him in the arse...so I had all these bikes suddenly driving around me including a old man [motobob] on a K6 gsxr who slammed the door shut on me when I thought I might take the place back at the hairpin...
spent a whole lap behind motobob looking to get passed and stuffing up lines looking for oppertunities...in the end I just played chicken with him into the hairpin on the pit straight and he let me go...grab a few more spots and caught up to gordon pullen again...got pasted him under brakes again [this time just fucking his line up completely for him...I didn't feel guilty at the time about that...but he said he alsmot crashed because of it....to bad...and I caught up to derek hill and someone else pretty quick after that [starting to get the hang of the track now] and dispatched them by getting better drive out of the last corner on to the big straight...and making it stick under brakes as derek had a go at me under brakes aswell...and I could see two smoker in front of me about 300 mertres or maybe a lil more away and I wasn't making any ground on him and I was still trying to hold of a rather determind derek who I think I pulled away from a lil bit on the last lap [not much mind] so I crossed the line in 8th

I'm happy with that...I know I'll go a whole heap better next time I race there...there are definatly parts of the track I was holding back on...and some of my braking markers were wrong...and a couple of lines...the bike still has a more speed left in it...the gearing I'm running is only one tooth less on the front...and the engine still running a paper filter and needs a dyno tune as it has a big flat spot in the power for a couple of thou RPM up top that haults progress coming out of turns when I have more traction and for straights....so those area's I'll look at shortly when I have some $$$ to invest...I was happy with the bikes handling...the only change I made was a one less ring of front preload as I found the front felt a lil to hard at times...and backing off compression just fucked up how the bike was braking...so the preload seemed to make things feel right once I did it...
I was still a lil hesitant out there....still have a few nerves after mycrash in august...but I think I'm getting back into the swing of things...bring on ruapuna [and K14 have that doz tui ready you owe me lad!!!]

big thanks to...rossi gal...wouldn't have made it this time without you [xxx] and your mom and ray for lunch and helping out...
kickingzebra and the loverly bron...dude you two are awesome!!!! deano for the pit and borrowed tools etc...skelstar.....thanks heaps for your help in the pits bro and getting gas etc....your a ledgend....shaun ta for the advice,etc bro....SVS for the tyre warmer...speedie for his support...dave anderson motorcycles....motostyle....and keystone for the toilet paper :)
and sorry if I've forgotten anyone....

The_Dover
18th October 2006, 12:42
so let me get this straight.

Texmo, on his first time out on a 600, qualified in front of you??

:rofl: :lol: :killingme:

cowpoos
18th October 2006, 12:50
so let me get this straight.

Texmo, on his first time out on a 600, qualified in front of you??

:rofl: :lol: :killingme:
yep....and good on him too....he's got some natural talent!!!

The_Dover
18th October 2006, 12:59
yeah, he can ride a bike pretty well too .

kickingzebra
18th October 2006, 13:17
Well done mr poos!! Must still be fun hanging off the bike with those aerodynamic ripple strips in the tank!!

Was a good time. Should have taken your hard luck award in lieu... Couldn't think of any cowpoosisms to say to impress the crowds ;)

CU @ pacific??

cowpoos
18th October 2006, 13:20
cheers mate....was wondering what happen with that award after you txt me about it...

might do a pacific round...not sure....pretty focused on riding the next three king of ruapuna rounds...

Keystone19
18th October 2006, 13:21
well....and keystone for the toilet paper :)

I'd just hate to think what you would have done without it...

Good stuff Cowpoos, loved those wheelies across the start/finish line.

kickingzebra
18th October 2006, 13:24
Guess they'll post it out...
I won't be @ ruapuna, but nationals backmarker too... You're my target ;)

poorbastard
18th October 2006, 13:25
Good write up man. Good to see your bike came out in one piece this time as well.

Matt Bleck
18th October 2006, 13:29
good stuff poo's :niceone:

cowpoos
18th October 2006, 13:31
Guess they'll post it out...
I won't be @ ruapuna, but nationals backmarker too... You're my target ;)

don't think you can race a 600 in sportsproduction at nats?? or you getting a thou?

kiwifruit
18th October 2006, 13:32
the first sentence was the most pleasing
good shit bro

kickingzebra
18th October 2006, 13:33
maayyybee.... See what transpires... I asked MNZ lady and she said no probs with cross entering on the same bike, but haven't checked in the forms yet.

Sketchy_Racer
18th October 2006, 13:34
Awesome shit man!!!

And hurry up and get that crappy pile of what apears to be a gixxer's engine tuned so that it will go a bit better. It must be like riding a two stroke with that huge flat spot.

Oh and Ruapuna?

How ya getting there??

Wanna take some smart mouthed little fucker along too??

No of course you wouldnt

so take ME!!! :sunny:

Cleve
18th October 2006, 13:35
Well done Ryan. Nice to meet you. You forgot to thank me for the amazing, generous gesture of lending you my funnel...:gob:

k14
18th October 2006, 13:40
[and K14 have that doz tui ready you owe me lad!!!]
Why would I buy you beer for winning? I think you better go back and read the thread again, the LOOSER (in this case you) has to buy the other one beer. Not the other way around. :2guns:

motobob
18th October 2006, 15:28
Well done Ryan. Nice to meet you. You forgot to thank me for the amazing, generous gesture of lending you my funnel...:gob:

Funnelly enough he hasn't thanked me either for showing him how to ride round the place on Friday.

Had a great time shutting the door on yer Ryan he he. Bloody good riding for a farmer.

babyB
18th October 2006, 18:57
good rite up poos was good to see ya out there:Punk:

Two Smoker
18th October 2006, 18:58
Cheers for not hitting me homo...

Wellyman
18th October 2006, 19:14
Your not riding you bike fast enough chris. stop being a grandpa and go faster bitch :bleh:.
WM

vtec
18th October 2006, 19:20
Dude, you are a weapon for a racing noob.

Two Smoker
18th October 2006, 19:37
Your not riding you bike fast enough chris. stop being a grandpa and go faster bitch :bleh:.
WM

Bahahahahaha... Damn straight mate... i need to up the pace big time...

Wellyman
18th October 2006, 19:41
I think this reason for this is you spend to many of your weekends getting knitting lessons with sudeep, not enough time out on the bike, tell sudeeep you might have to cancel your lessons to do something better with your life :lol:.
WM

skelstar
18th October 2006, 21:06
Good to watch you again poos.

slowpoke
18th October 2006, 22:25
Onya mate! Team Poos intact, confidence and speed on the rise, mission accomplished!
Just take it easy on the R1's would ya, this is gettin' embarassing...........

cowpoos
19th October 2006, 10:01

anytime bitch....

HDTboy
19th October 2006, 11:39
I laufed when I saw Tex ahead of you on the grid, the only dumb thing about actually racing, is that ya don't get the chance to do the pit rounds and catch up

Deano
19th October 2006, 11:45
big thanks to...rossi gal...wouldn't have made it this time without you [xxx] and your mom and ray for lunch and helping out...

Cheers for the offer of pastries bro.......no more rolls and pizza for you !!

deano for the pit and borrowed tools etc....

Was it you who left them lying all about ? Put things back where they came from eh ?

But well done on the racing.

Sketchy_Racer
19th October 2006, 12:28
Was it you who left them lying all about ? Put things back where they came from eh ?

hahaha, Pwned

!!

Two Smoker
19th October 2006, 19:10
anytime bitch....

Whats that??? Youre my bitch??? Well you definately were at taupo :bleh: