PDA

View Full Version : Hawkes Bay Adventure.

Dave Klaui
19th October 2006, 20:19
Is anyone keen on riding up to Hawkes Bay Adventure ride on the 25th Nov from Wellington.
My general idea is to ride up through the Wairarapa towards the west side of the Ruahines Ranges, then link up on SH7 (gentle annie) thru to Napier.
Theres bound to be a few gravel roads, streams along the way to add to the adventure. This has got to better than riding up SH2 to Napier.
Any other ideas are welcome.

Cheers Dave.

Bartman10
20th October 2006, 11:01
Sounds great...

I'm in.

Zukin
22nd October 2006, 10:55
Sounds great...

I'm in.
Hey Bartman
I dont suppose you were parked at Pak N Save Supermarket in Hastings this morning on ya bike? (Sunday at about 10.30am)

Cheers

ZReX12
22nd October 2006, 15:17
Where do I find some details on this ride?

ZReX12
22nd October 2006, 15:24
Doh, found it

Dave Klaui
26th October 2006, 20:23
Just an update on the travel details to Napier via the Gentle Annie on Friday 24th Nov.
The general idea is to meet up at the Caltex Rimutaka in Upper Hutt around 10am and take off from there. Depending on the number of riders, we should stick together at a leisurely pace and have the occassional break along the way and enjoy the country side. I only hope for some fine weather on this weekend to enjoy the adventure.
I welcome any other ideas or feedback.
Cheers Dave.

Zukin
26th October 2006, 20:45
Hey there

I might even meet you up on the Gentle Annie somewhere, I know a few detours if time allows :yes:

Keep me posted

Cheers Scott

denill
6th November 2006, 16:49
Doh, found it

So you found <a href=http://www.adventurerides.co.nz/events.htm>The Events List:</A>

denill
10th November 2006, 07:14
I tagged along with Mike Britton yesterday pre-riding some of the route. Just as we set out it started to rain and we encountered some bloody cold and wet conditions with even a bit of snow by the road side at Lake Opouahi. So that's the crappy weather outa the way! The route allows for a conservative (but just the minimum of seal) big bike route with alternatives for the 'Trailies' and some great views/scenery for everyone. :yes: :yes:

Jimmy
10th November 2006, 09:16
Thanks for the update Denill. Good to hear the planning is underway - what a great job Mike's got!! BTW, how long to travel from Taradale to Rissington. I'm coming up from Wellington on the Saturday morning and don't want to arrive at camp after all you buggers have shot through.
Cheers

denill
10th November 2006, 09:34
Thanks for the update Denill. Good to hear the planning is underway - what a great job Mike's got!! Yeah, it sure as hell beats working for a living!

BTW, how long to travel from Taradale to Rissington. I'm coming up from Wellington on the Saturday morning and don't want to arrive at camp after all you buggers have shot through.
Cheers Allow 20 to 30 mins at the most. (I reckon it is less than 20 sealed Ks) The route locals use is: Puketapu Rd from Taradale - Dartmoor Rd (L at Puketapu Pub) - R onto Apley Rd - L onto Rissington Rd.
Be good to catch up.

Cheers
Bill

Dave Klaui
21st November 2006, 21:07
Due to the lack of interest. The trip to the Hawkes Bay adventure ride has been cancelled.
I'am still going to ride up to the Bay on Friday via the Wairarapa back roads.
Anyone is welcome to tag along. Send me an e-mail by 23/11 to confirm.

Cheers Dave.

denill
23rd November 2006, 17:05
Due to the lack of interest. The trip to the Hawkes Bay adventure ride has been cancelled.
I'am still going to ride up to the Bay on Friday via the Wairarapa back roads.
Anyone is welcome to tag along. Send me an e-mail by 23/11 to confirm.

Cheers Dave.

That's a bugger......

Went out today to do some more pre-riding with Mike & Bernie and we rode some pretty neat stuff. What a life!!!!!!!

Big bike stuff is well catered for with diversions away from the more narly stuff. Bernie has negotiated it all on his 950 KTM!!!!!!!!!!! And the forecast's good..........

So, if ya change your mind - see ya there.

Cheers
Bill