PDA

View Full Version : "Birds Galore" South Island Tour

Blackbird
20th October 2006, 07:54
A few of us north island Blackbird owners who ride together and our partners will be touring the south island next March. If any of our brothers and sisters down south are interested in hooking in for a few hours or maybe having a beer at the end of the day, it would be great to meet you. Proposed itinerary attached.

Cheers

Geoff

Joni
20th October 2006, 08:02
but but but... how am I going to meet you if you dont come via Chch? :innocent:

Blackbird
20th October 2006, 08:10

We were in Chch at the end of July visiting our daughter (sorry.....:bye: ). She's even more ticked off than you are!

miSTa
20th October 2006, 21:50

Precisely. Plus the March Hare rally (in Waimate next year) is on for your first weekend in the mainland, so a quick trip up to Kaikoura is out of the question as well.

You've picked some brilliant roads though.

Astrocat
21st October 2006, 12:08
A few of us north island Blackbird owners who ride together and our partners will be touring the south island next March. If any of our brothers and sisters down south are interested in hooking in for a few hours or maybe having a beer at the end of the day, it would be great to meet you. Proposed itinerary attached.

Cheers

Geoff
Hi Geoff,
One of my mates who owns a blackbird is doing the SI trip on his blackbird . I believe he intends to leave on the 27th of Jan . He has alloted 16 days for the trip and is looking for someone to ride along with him.
cheers

terbang
21st October 2006, 12:50
Blairos

Request Reminder for this Event 19th February 2007 to 4th March 2007 09:00 to 17:00
* This event ignores DST
Event location: Auckland - Auckland City

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you that are able to take the time off, this is normally when the best weather of the year is...

Initial Plan would be as follows:

Leave AKL on the 17th, in the AM

Ride to New Plymouth

Overnight in NP, then ride to Welly &cross to Picton on the 18th.

From there, this is the fun bit, Spend up to 12 days seeing the South!

Likely Accommodation would be backpackers/pubs or cheap motels

The plan would be to cover the entire Island, East Coast, West Coast, Collingwood to Invercargill...

As this is some time off yet, this is really to gauge the levels of interest from you (I already know of 3 people who are keen), and take it from there!

NighthawkNZ
10th November 2006, 06:35

Cheers

Geoff

watch out for the pigs in alexandra they are right royal fuckwits... I got stung twice ... one for doing 106km coming out of the gorge (luckily he didn't catch me about 10mins before hand... oppps) and second for 55km in a 50 zone and he was just sitting inside the 50 zone wanker

Jantar
10th November 2006, 07:46
watch out for the pigs in alexandra they are right royal fuckwits... I got stung twice ... one for doing 106km coming out of the gorge (luckily he didn't catch me about 10mins before hand... oppps) and second for 55km in a 50 zone and he was just sitting inside the 50 zone wanker
99% of cops in NZ are OK, most of the other 1% are based in Alexandra.

vifferman
10th November 2006, 07:54
A few of us north island Blackbird owners who ride together and our partners will be touring the south island next March.
What about VFRbirds? :spudwhat:

ceebeenz
10th November 2006, 08:35
I'm envious we did the south island Feb - march this year four 15 days loved every day didn't want to come home
picked the best day to be on the ferry to 150 not winds 12 meter sewells no damage to bike but you should have seen the carpet ???:sick: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/images/smilies/sick.gif
:sick:

Blackbird
10th November 2006, 08:43
Thanks for the warnings guys! We've all got detectors and I'm sure that Jantar will give us the lie of the land round Alexandra!

Viff - get a Blackbird:yes: :yes:

NighthawkNZ
10th November 2006, 10:21
99% of cops in NZ are OK, most of the other 1% are based in Alexandra.

ahhh so you know this to be true then... :-0 :yes:

Was a good rid tow... both occassions I was the only one on the road... and perfect conditions...

NighthawkNZ
10th November 2006, 10:25
Precisely. Plus the March Hare rally (in Waimate next year) is on for your first weekend in the mainland, so a quick trip up to Kaikoura is out of the question as well.

You've picked some brilliant roads though.

I hope to go to the March Hare next haven't been since 1998...