PDA

View Full Version : Labour weekend weather

sels1
20th October 2006, 12:24
This just issued by Metservice :

Issued at 12:39pm 20-Oct-2006

LABOUR WEEKEND ACTION PACKED WITH WEATHER

MetService meteorologists have issued severe weather warnings for wind on Saturday in Marlborough, Wellington, and Wairarapa and for heavy rain about the Southern Alps.

"Saturday's weather is likely to be similar to Thursday's", commented MetService Weather Ambassador, Bob McDavitt. "The cold front crossing the country during this holiday weekend will provide plenty of action. We are forecasting heavy rain about and west of the divide, high temperatures in the east, strong winds for central areas, and a chilly southwest change busting its way across Canterbury on Saturday afternoon followed by some snow showers on the hills."

"That's just for Saturday. The front's tail is likely to have a sting in it. On Sunday the front is likely to stall over Taranaki and Hawke's Bay as a low-pressure system deepens over the north Tasman Sea. Rain should become widespread over the south of the North Island."

McDavitt added that on Labour Day this low will dominate the North Island weather. "At this early stage, it is possible that heavy rain could fall in a number of North Island areas making driving conditions hazardous for travellers returning home. Keep up to date with the latest forecast."

For further information please contact:

Bob McDavitt Weather Ambassador (09)377 4831

MSTRS
20th October 2006, 12:27
Don't think I like the look of what is on the menu...can we have a different menu please or have a word with the chef?

Maha
20th October 2006, 12:31
We will be in a cosy caravan at the beach......:yes:
Taking the bike so hope to get out in between drizzle patches....:yes:
Would be great if it was :sunny: all weekend but i dont mind really, 25 degs inside....:rockon:

SPman
20th October 2006, 12:38
Our Labour weekend was superb.

Just a pity I fucked the bike and myself the day before.........

sels1
20th October 2006, 13:48
Just as well I was planning a quiet weekend. A small home project, and armchair in front of the TV on Sat nite to watch the rugby, and a ride if the weather aint too bad.

Swoop
20th October 2006, 14:49
To get all of that weather fitting into one day, it had better be travelling at a high speed...

Maverick
20th October 2006, 15:08
Ah, lookout those not under the favour of Mav's "Weather Geanie"TM. :sunny:

Joni
20th October 2006, 15:12
Its apparently going ot be wet wet wet in Greymouth... not that Kickaha is complaining he loves to race in the rain. :sunny: