PDA

View Full Version : Pukekohe racetrack--Whats happening to it.

FROSTY
4th July 2004, 23:04
I was talking with Gary at pukekohe track on friday.
He told me the following IS going to be happening.
1-The club curcuit is going to be rebuilt and the bump at stables/jennian will be removed
2 a proper modern toilet block will be installed.
3 The drainage is going to run full length of the pit straight and under jennial
This will take from november till late february.
4 The new owners are committed to more track improvements possibly also including a couple of extra corners in the main track
so at this stage pukie s here to stay

Kwaka-Kid
4th July 2004, 23:10
very interesting.
thanks for that, more biker gossip to spread :)

svs
5th July 2004, 10:02
Also got 2005 dates from MNZ over the weekend and the pukekohe date for the champs and NZ TT has been moved back to allow track work to be completed.

Coldkiwi
5th July 2004, 13:53
that is good news. I just hope he's got all the information.

Kickaha
5th July 2004, 18:59
Normally I'd be inclined to say who cares the place is a shithole,but with the work they are doing it sounds like it may become a more interesting track,now while they're at it how about some decent garages in pit lane as well.

I take it the drainage will sort out the problem of pit lane flooding? they also need to do something about the water that runs back across the track from the outside of the hairpin(unless they already have)

Anyone know anything about the proposed new track at Meremere?

FROSTY
5th July 2004, 19:02
ohh yea they are building propper garages in the pits and we will be able to use some of em
hey think that once the drainafe is done it will reduce the hairpin problem.
That said I like the running water--It slows the fast guys down to my pace on that corner

Two Smoker
5th July 2004, 19:04
Nope they havnt sorted the problem of the RIVERS coming back onto the track :wacko:

What?
5th July 2004, 19:29
Don't suppose they are going to get rid of that poxy fuggin bridge???

FROSTY
9th July 2004, 19:42
nope I doubt it what But then whats wrong with the bridge??

LB
12th July 2004, 05:17
nope I doubt it what But then whats wrong with the bridge??
I presume that what What? is saying is that there is nothing wrong with the bridge per se (although it does block the sight of riders coming over the hill when you're sitting in the stands) but that it costs $5 over and above the track entry fee to cross the thing.

Firefight
12th July 2004, 11:17
I presume that what What? is saying is that there is nothing wrong with the bridge per se (although it does block the sight of riders coming over the hill when you're sitting in the stands) but that it costs $5 over and above the track entry fee to cross the thing.

when does that charge apply Lynda, I have never paid yet ?

F/F

MikeL
12th July 2004, 11:25
when does that charge apply Lynda, I have never paid yet ?

F/F

They usually apply it at big events. Must have been someone's idea of justifying the cost of it - making it self funding I suppose?

Firefight
12th July 2004, 11:32
They usually apply it at big events. Must have been someone's idea of justifying the cost of it - making it self funding I suppose?

maybe thats only for outa towners, I still have never paid to cross at any event?

F/F

Paul in NZ
12th July 2004, 12:02
I tune / support a friends post classic race bike. (there is a piccie of the front of my Guzzi in one of the albums etc) and have attended 3 Classic Festival's of Speed.

The facility is a bit rough but the worst thing is the freakin' horse track. You can't start practise untill the horses have finished their morning workout and you can't camp on their out field either. Seriously detracts from the event as we have to drive up from Napier, our choice is eaither leave at 0400 of stay a night in a motel to get a semi decent camp site.

Bloody shame as it is a great event that could only get better with a bit more help and space...

Realistically, the venue has to be near Auckland but a quality venue will get quality events.

Cheers

What?
12th July 2004, 20:24
I think the $5 is a bit of a rort when the bridge was designed to have billboards hung off it to make money, but the big gripe is what it does to visiblity. I go to the races to watch the racing, not to look at a billboard (or a bridge). Pit access is a great idea, but it should have been an underpass.