PDA

View Full Version : Riding up from Welly to TD4?

Clivoris
22nd October 2006, 17:01
Hi y'all,
I'm planning on riding up to Taupo on November 4th for the trackday on the 5th. Any chance of tacking on with any others from Welly that are riding up? I don't mind a bit of spirited riding but aren't keen on speeding tickets, so pick my moments. If the weather is playing ball I'm always keen to go up via Wanganui and the Paraparas, avoiding the main "drag" as much as possible. Willing to stop for coffee and pies.

hXc
22nd October 2006, 17:53
If you want real fun - Come through to Napier and do the Napier-Taupo road. Would certainly get you in the mind-set. Well, the first half anyway.

Clivoris
22nd October 2006, 18:50
If you want real fun - Come through to Napier and do the Napier-Taupo road. Would certainly get you in the mind-set. Well, the first half anyway.

Not a bad idea that. Done it a couple of times in the last six months. Will think on it.

hXc
22nd October 2006, 19:00
Not a bad idea that. Done it a couple of times in the last six months. Will think on it.Cool mate. A bed here if needed. Always welcome.

Clivoris
22nd October 2006, 21:00
Cool mate. A bed here if needed. Always welcome.

:niceone: Thanx for the offer mate but I have family and friends in Hastings that would like me even less if I didn't stay.:rolleyes: If I do come up that way I will probably do it in one day anyway. I have to say that the thought of Highway 50 as the 2nd course following the Rimutaka entree, with the Napier-Taupo leg for desert is a mouth-watering menu:drool: of gourmet proportions.
*Best Yoda voice* "Wise beyond your years, you are young one".:first:
Anyone from Welly up for it?:devil2:

MikeyG
26th October 2006, 11:17
I'm driving up not riding but should have room if you want some gear taken up. Saves trying to strap it to the bike

Clivoris
26th October 2006, 19:08
Ta for the offer MG. I might take you up on that and get you to take my One piece leathers and sleeping bag up. That way I can wear my warm comfy cordura gears up. I will PM you later.:2thumbsup

wayne708
26th October 2006, 19:56
Hi y'all,
I'm planning on riding up to Taupo on November 4th for the trackday on the 5th. Any chance of tacking on with any others from Welly that are riding up? I don't mind a bit of spirited riding but aren't keen on speeding tickets, so pick my moments. If the weather is playing ball I'm always keen to go up via Wanganui and the Paraparas, avoiding the main "drag" as much as possible. Willing to stop for coffee and pies.

Will be leaving Johnsonville around 08:00 Nov 4th, plan is to meet up with Sels1 at Paraparaumu Mobil around 09:00 and any others heading that way. Depending on weather will decide at Bulls with route to take to Taupo. Returning Monday Morning at this stage.

Clivoris
26th October 2006, 20:04
Will be leaving Johnsonville around 08:00 Nov 4th, plan is to meet up with Sels1 at Paraparaumu Mobil around 09:00 and any others heading that way. Depending on weather will decide at Bulls with route to take to Taupo. Returning Monday Morning at this stage.

You guys can't be tempted by the Wairarapa and highway 50 route can you? Generally fewer enforcers of the law, some nice curvery, and I suspect the Paras will still be rough from this weeks storm.

sels1
26th October 2006, 20:58
You guys can't be tempted by the Wairarapa and highway 50 route can you? Generally fewer enforcers of the law, some nice curvery, and I suspect the Paras will still be rough from this weeks storm.

I hear what you're saying but I will be 2 up with luggage so will be behaving on the way up and taking it easy. Anyone welcome to join us at Pram Mobil (the one by the lights) at 9ish.

wayne708
26th October 2006, 21:01

Some of us will be 2 up so not too sure what the verdict will be at this stage,will concider alternatives through next week and make a decision on what the weather man throws at us nearer the time. Anythings possible.

Clivoris
26th October 2006, 21:23
Cheers gentlemen.
The weather will influence me too. If it's looking as rough as it's been recently I'll be taking the direct route too. I'll be in touch closer to the day.

Wasp
27th October 2006, 07:38
I would have been comming (via direct route) if I hadn't crashed...

Clivoris
27th October 2006, 07:44
I would have been comming (via direct route) if I hadn't crashed...

Good luck with getting it back up and running bro.

Wasp
27th October 2006, 07:45
Cheers, mabye next time :yes:

Dreamer
27th October 2006, 09:36
I'd like to join you. I live on Mark Ave, Paparangi, maybe I could meet you in J'ville Wayne? And I don't mind which route we take, as long as we have cups ot tea stops on the way :)

wayne708
27th October 2006, 22:16
I'd like to join you. I live on Mark Ave, Paparangi, maybe I could meet you in J'ville Wayne? And I don't mind which route we take, as long as we have cups ot tea stops on the way :)

Sounds good Dreamer, I don't believe were in any get rush this time, just enjoying a decent ride. Can work details out next week.

sels1
31st October 2006, 20:27
as long as we have cups ot tea stops on the way :)

Coffee stops, and plenty of them!

sinned
31st October 2006, 21:12
Wife and I are driving up from Johnsonville on Saturday afternoon. I will be a spectator on this track day. Coming back Sunday night. I can pick up what you drop on the way!
PM me if you need anything carried - I have a car with some space.

sinned
2nd November 2006, 20:58
Wife and I are driving up from Johnsonville on Saturday afternoon. I will be a spectator on this track day. Coming back Sunday night. I can pick up what you drop on the way!
PM me if you need anything carried - I have a car with some space.

Update on drive. Leaving just after 8.00am and could see some of you at parapar 9.ish. PM if you want my cell number. Will be road testing a new Beltronics STI XR Radar/Laser detector.

Wasp
3rd November 2006, 07:28
is it possible that anyone driving up could tow a trailer with my broken bike on it? please?

wayne708
3rd November 2006, 08:53
is it possible that anyone driving up could tow a trailer with my broken bike on it? please?

might be worth putting a post on the dirt bike side of the forum as there will be bikes going up for the International Moto X next door to the track this weekend.

Wasp
3rd November 2006, 10:06
cheers, will do now

Clivoris
3rd November 2006, 21:16
Travel well folks. Thanks for carting my leathers up DennisR. Ride up together next time aye? :niceone:
The weather is looking good enough for the scenic route via Hawkes Bay.:scooter:
Are the rumours about Camelia Court being a focus point for depravity on Saturday night true? I'll be steering clear of that sort of carry on. Us fast guys are like that.:ride:

wayne708
3rd November 2006, 21:18
looks like the direct route now as we plan to take in some of the moto x racing in the afternoon. Leaveing bp j ville around 08:00 and then mobil paraparaumu around 09:00.:Punk:

Clivoris
3rd November 2006, 21:24
looks like the direct route now as we plan to take in some of the moto x racing in the afternoon. Leaveing bp j ville around 08:00 and then mobil paraparaumu around 09:00.:Punk:

I should still be there for the early afternoon.:shifty:

yungatart
3rd November 2006, 21:26
We are leaving Napier early avo tomorrow, if you want to call in for a coffee stop on your way through, feel free

Clivoris
3rd November 2006, 22:19
We are leaving Napier early avo tomorrow, if you want to call in for a coffee stop on your way through, feel free

Could be a plan. What time you leaving and do you want to PM me a contact number? Be nice to ride with you's.