PDA

View Full Version : The '06 Greymouth Street Race Reports & discussion

Suzi Q
22nd October 2006, 20:07
Rocked on over after a late night. Got to Greymouth about 1pm. Weather was OK, not raining but a little chilly. Awesome turnout of Kiwibikers.
1. Cool Wheelie - have no idea who he is but I was impressed that I got the shot!
2. Dangerous & Kickaha - good battle guys!
3. Feral - great race mate - 5th!!
4. Stanko
5. TonyB, kickaha, Danderous & Stanko waiting for the warm up lap
6. TonyB - such a tiny looking bike

Sketchy_Racer
22nd October 2006, 20:18
What are the yellow jackets for??

PLUG
22nd October 2006, 20:32
What are the yellow jackets for??

... they're special ... warns other racers to take a wide bearth ...

Sketchy_Racer
22nd October 2006, 20:41
it seems that the dangerous people must be wearing them?? :niceone:

Suzi Q
22nd October 2006, 21:00
yellow t shirts are for people who have not ridden at Greymouth Street Races before

dangerous
22nd October 2006, 21:12
Flippen heck, that was a good day... but I'm rooted so I wll tell my story tomorow... stay tuned all... same bat chanel... same bat time :scooter:

far queue
22nd October 2006, 22:32
Great day guys, well done to all - 400+ pics to sort through, got you all in there somewhere, but I've got an adventure ride to do tomorrow so may get the pics posted tomorrow night depnding how knackered I am.

dangerous
23rd October 2006, 09:30
Awesome, bloody awesome day people thanks to all those that I rode with and hanged out with.

The drive.
Packed the truck up and loaded 4 bikes on board then headed for the hills saturday morning.
The idea was to head to the Grey kart track for a play around but as we advanced on Bealey the wind turned to rain... west coast rain, bloody heavy and noisy. By the time we were in Otira the rain on the windscreen was becomming very mesmerising.
Checked in to the motel then buggered off to scrutineering.Off to the pub for a beer then back to the motel with Joni, Kickaha, Rashika & Stanko for a hell of a feed.

The day.
Woke up earlyish to the noise of the track being set up 6 floors below us. Wow all that fuss for us, and I was stoked to see the stars out, it was going to be a mint day after all.

The circut.
I find street racing so much more demanding than the track due to the cambers, pot holes and so much more details along the course for the eyes to focus on, negotiating a corner thats hidden amoungst fencing, bails, cones, people, polls, buildings and gutters is not easy... but bloody hard work and fun.
Turn 1: 90* right
turn 2: 90* right
turn 3: 90*left
turn 4 90* right
turn 5 a tight hair pin to the right
slight kink to the left
last corner involved a shicane very narrow entry and a 45* left with a right hand kink to the checkered.

Racing, MB bucket
Must admit it was a good day for me with a 5th and 2x 4ths
In the last race Kickaha was hanging around my tail end like a bad smell so I was doing over time to keep ahead, but coming up on the hairpin were all day I had been strugling with a pot hole/bump and loosing the front end tempory... the MB's front wheel slid and became airbourn, fuck I thought pleas land soon and regain controll... which it did after I sucked the seat right past the sphinkster mussle alowing Kick to take me on the inside.

Racing 750Katana
Feeling rather sound on the road due to the weight of the old silver thing I was rather happy with it apart from the H/P bump and one on the 4th turn, I was finding the 16” front wheel was droping in rather hard.
Finished up with a 3rd and 2x 4ths, stoked about that as I was with my bucket places... and ya know what? next year I wont have to wear that bloody ugly yellow T over the leathers, cos I'll be a greymouth pro.

Homeward bound
load up gas up piss off, over wee hill into Canty and off ta bed.
It was good to set up pits with all the other KBer's and F4 guys great company and great racing, I'll let them tell ya about their days events from wipe outs too wins.
Stand by for heaps a pics, but heres my Greymouth trophy.

stanko
23rd October 2006, 12:30
The weather forecast was not good, but i said I was going and had paid the money so I was on my way Saturday morning. At kumara it turned to custard and I wondered what it would be like racing in the pouring rain.

Sunday morning rolled round and the signs were good , calm and no rain ( the locals had said it was supposed to be good Sunday) it was 5.30 am and a little army of people were building a track for us to play on.

We found a good place in the pits and set up camp with joni and Kickaha, Dangerous & Rashika, TonyB and Oyster parked in a circle to keep out the Indians.

If you had never been to Greymouth you got a yellow shirt and an extra 4 or 5 laps to get used to the circuit, which was bloody good.

Pre 82 37 bikes entered
My LC was feeling good, with its new pipes and motox bars back on. Race 1 I finished behind Kickaha which I was pretty pleased with. Race 2 had a 3 bike prang which had a restart, I got a restart off the back row and finished somewhere in the last half, everyonone must have been in serious mode cos it was the hardest race of the 3.

Buckets 15 entered
The bucket field was a bit smaller than the pre82 but just as competitive, I was getting good starts but would get swallowed by the fast guys before the first corner. The track was good to the buckets there were plenty of lines to try. Race 2 was when Diesel pig took out TonyB ,I went round the outside of DP but the gap was only about 600mm and closing and i thought I was gunna give him a wee bump but it didnt happen, finished somewhere.

Then all of a sudden it was over time to go home.

Thanks to Joni for feeding me, and the organisers and volounteers and friendly council that make events like this possible

Rashika
23rd October 2006, 12:51
ah sigh... well as i wasn't racing and at times was feeling sad and glad that i wasn't, all I can say is...

OUCH, sorry Stanko :dodge:

I hate migraines

and I still had a pretty good day watching the guys and doing what I used to do and taking piccies :Punk:
Might post some up soon

dangerous
23rd October 2006, 14:57
OUCH, sorry Stanko :dodge:

:doctor: Hey some one had to be :first:

Just poached a couple of Rashika's pic's

1) F4 Flag drop
2) that bastard still there
3) post classic grid
4) 1/4 ton of Kat
race numbers in all pics are
144 TonyB
83 Kickaha
57 Diesel Pig
6 Dangerous
88 stanko

98tls
23rd October 2006, 16:50
Awsome weekend apart from the ride on saturday....i have never ever ridden in rain that hard before..great weekend though all the same...

Kickaha
23rd October 2006, 19:01
We get to Arthur’s pass and it was pissing down and I was glad I wasn’t one of the Harley riders that turned up in half face helmets and sun glasses a few minutes later :lol:

Booked in at the Motel and a few minutes later the phone goes and it’s reception wanting to know if we they can give our room number Dangerous, a brief discussion later and we decided to let him know, a few minutes chat and Him and Rashika bugger off and then we head off for scrutineering which is held in the Army hall, we breeze through that and then leave the bikes there for the night

Up early the next day and I go and drop the ute off in the pits to get a good spot, we head off to pick up the bikes and ferry them to the pits and the first crash of the day happens, between walking to the hall and riding back someone erects a fence across one of the roads, in the dawn light the wire is pretty much invisible and someone hits the brakes and drops a bike to avoid riding into it, with the bikes back in the pits I bugger off back for breakfast

I’m tapped out down McKay St when I have the big one, one minute I’m full noise and the next I’m rolling on the ground thinking fuck that hurt, I get to my feet and look around and it turns out I’m the second victim of a wire fence, it was lying on the ground waiting to be put up and I didn’t see while I was running across the road:shit:

At riders briefing the hand out the yellow shirts for the first time riders and even Jared Love gets to wear one, Dangerous is bitching about wearing his as he thinks it clashes with his paintwork :yes:

Bucket practice

The bike’s feeling good and the tracks dry, DC rockets past me on the MB/RS and then Steve Rae does the same, part of the track has been resealed and it looks like they’ve taken out a bit of the bump on turn 4 as well and I’m feeling reasonably happy with how it feels

Pre82

I’m not feeling as comfortable on the RD350LC as I normally do, there’s a little patter in the front onto the back straight and it’s getting light in the front onto the front straight, the tracks fairly point and squirt and the advantage in corner speed I enjoy at some other tracks wont come into play so much here:crybaby:

Race 1 Pre82

30+ bikes on the grid, so I get up front of the dummy grid and go out fast on the warm up lap and get a spot on the front row, I get swamped into Turn 1, with even Stanko beating me off the line, he’s to much of a gentleman into the first corner and I get that spot back, there’s some good riders in there and for the first lap I’m hanging in with the back of the front bunch and then they start pulling away and I’m left in no mans lands , luckily they’re only 4 lap races so I don’t have to wait to long for then final lap

Race1 Buckets

It a bit of a squeeze into turn one and I’m only bout 5th or 6th but I pick a couple off and get right in behind Dangerous on the second lap, the next few laps we’re hard out, his bike accelerates faster but I carry more corner speed, lap 3 and we see Andy Bowell off on turn one having tried a bit hard to put a pass on DC, I get alongside Dangerous a few times a few times but he beats me over the line by a bike length

Race 2 Pre82

Coming down the straight into turn 3 (the only left) and I see a bike sliding along the ground and whiles it’s sliding along it gets hit by another one, three bikes go down and the red flags are out, we head back to grid up and I find myself promoted to the front row, being on the front row doesn’t really help as the four strokes all smoke me off the line and after the usual turn one traffic jam is negotiated I’m hung out to dry after another few laps riding round by myself I pass another couple of riders who have managed to run off the track all by them selves and come into finish fuck knows where :spudwhat:

Race 2 Buckets

Just about a repeat of the first except I must just about get cock of the day award as the grid marshal opens the gate and I bolt out of it with Dangerous trying to follow, a few corners later I check behind and can’t see anyone, turns out he was opening it to allow people to cross the road and I jumped the gun a bit :o, we grid up and the flag drops and we’re off and I’m determined to give Dangerous a harder time, but as it turns out although I get a bit closer I don’t quite manage, into turn 1 I consider a pass as I’m on the inside but I play it safe and blouse out, out of the back corner and I carry the speed but unfortunately I’m on the outside and that’s not the place to be for the next corner, I’m faster onto the start finish but he still beats me by 2/3 of a bike :angry: , Diesel Pig provides a bit of entertainment for TonyB by falling on his arse in front of him and getting his bike run over by him

Race 3 Pre82

I decide to fuck about in this one and start further back, I pass Stanko up the inside into turn 1 as he gives me plenty of room then chase down a old TT600 Motard and then a Honda twin, then I run out of guys I can catch and have another lonely race:bye:

Race3 buckets

They grid us up off the back off the classic field and split the start, giving the classics less than a couple of hundred metres before they let us go, I'm chasing Dangerous yet again and giving him a even harder time than the last two races, I think he’s going to get away when he puts one of the a slower classics in between us but a corner later I get past as well, I’m getting alongside him but his superior acceleration lets him pull away off most corners, I’m already planning a move when he hands the place to me loosing the front onto the back straight and fairly shitting his pants in the process and I lead him to the line:shifty:

A top event and don’t ask me where I got as I’m fucked if I know but it was a bloody great day:2thumbsup

Thanks to Joni for organising, accomodation, booking the table for tea (great feed) and generally running around looking after me (and others) and Dangerous what a bloody great ride you put in on the Katana, most times I can give you a kicking but I wasn't even close on the day

TonyB
23rd October 2006, 19:41
6. TonyB - such a tiny looking bike
Well of course it looks tiny, I'm 7'1"

dangerous
23rd October 2006, 20:33
We get to Arthur’s pass and it was pissing down and I was glad I wasn’t one of the Harley riders that turned up in half face helmets and sun glasses a few minutes laterBut mate... didnt they look so cool tho :laugh:

I’m tapped out down McKay St when I have the big one, it turns out I’m the second victim of a wire fenceHEY... ya kept that quite, bugger aye what damage did it do? is that why you were complaining about ya wrist? :scooter:

Dangerous is bitching about wearing his as he thinks it clashes with his paintwork Not the paint work man... my hair :spudbn:

there’s a little patter in the front onto the back straight and it’s getting light in the front onto the front straight
Its called a wheelie :scooter:

I must just about get cock of the day award as the grid marshal opens the gate and I bolt out turns out he was opening it to allow people to cross the road and I jumped the gun a bit
'just about' na kick... its yours. :clap:
tell ya what tho the fuck wit of the day would be the dickless bird brain that flew past us in the truck just out of grey on a Aprila over yellow lines exceeding 100k in a 70k zone... with a "7-8yr old boy" wearing shorts and no gloves :angry:

I’m already planning a move when he hands the place to me loosing the front onto the back straight and fairly shitting his pants in the process and I lead him to the line
'fairly shitting' hell think I stunk the town out... awesome racing :Punk:

Dangerous what a bloody great ride you put in on the Katana, most times I can give you a kicking but I wasn't even close on the day Cheers man, Didnt get my nick from track riding :third:

FruitLooPs
23rd October 2006, 22:43
:doctor: Hey some one had to be :first:

Just poached a couple of Rashika's pic's

1) F4 Flag drop
2) that bastard still there
3) post classic grid
4) 1/4 ton of Kat
race numbers in all pics are
144 TonyB
83 Kickaha
57 Diesel Pig
6 Dangerous
88 stanko

And Oyster was no.7

Wow that was awesome, although I must say those rail/road combo bridges are a bastard in the wet! :dodge:

Made my way over on saturday, hit the rain at arthurs like most of us it seems. Pushing the range limits of the RG150 haha (and my butt as I found out!) :scooter:

Rode to greymouth sunday morning (staying in hoki) and was just in time to see warm up before the first race, woah what a noise! You could really feel it going through you as they went past.

Checked out the pits and had a word to a Oyster who looked to be running some kinda antique 20's era 500 and an RG.

Big ups to all you crazy bastards who actually entered, i'll put up a couple pics even though they're quite poor quality.

1. Starting grid
2. Some guy on his motard riding hard while apparently holding his jewels
3. Im not a harley fan but he was certainly making it work!
4. Poor sod at the restart after a prang (note bent fork damaged number).

Def going again! cant wait. :Punk:

Kickaha
24th October 2006, 05:56
Checked out the pits and had a word to a Oyster who looked to be running some kinda antique 20's era 500 and an RG.

I think it is a 1929 Dunelt?

Nigel, he only has one arm , but he can push that bike along pretty hard:niceone:

FruitLooPs
24th October 2006, 06:50
Nigel, he only has one arm , but he can push that bike along pretty hard:niceone:

Wow, I cant believe I never realised - I was sure he had two, must've been another rider. But you're right, he must be nuts - looks like it was barely slowing him down. :gob:

Buddha#81
24th October 2006, 07:21
Wow, I cant believe I never realised - I was sure he had two, must've been another rider. But you're right, he must be nuts - looks like it was barely slowing him down. :gob:

Has two arms only has the use of his right one. Yep goes well.

Joni
24th October 2006, 08:43
Was a super weekend - as everyone says the weather on our way in was a shocker and I had visions of Sunday being really wet... butt it all worked out well.

The day itself was great - some good racing. In fact quite a few KB'ers stood out:

Firstly DieselPig for taking the pre 82 overall win for the day - congrats Neil, I know it was a challenging day for you in many ways, so I'm glad it all worked out, that bugger on the 1100 had me worried there for a while. You rode really well and black Betty looked great.

Stanko - you looked good out there, its great to see you getting more and more comfortable on the bikes. Up, up and away :sunny:

Dangerous - I can honestly say IMO you had a super day - you rode well and looked very fluid out there. So congrats. The Kat sure showed its worth :yes:

DC (not a KB'er) but always an inspiration to watch. We should thank him for his one win in Pre82, it sure did help DieselPig to get his first place. Also a great win to take the bucket win convincingly.

and of course Kickaha - as always I was real proud :hug:

It was also great to meet a few more KB'ers - great to put faces to names.
So who is planning on doing Nelson in Jan?

TonyB
24th October 2006, 12:35
Was a bit of a mission getting the bike ready, but I got there. Dangerous generously offered to transport the bike for me, he even picked it up, but when he turned up I was still pissing around with it. I was so pessimistic about it passing scrutineering (or more importantly, staying in on piece) that I took all of my tools, including welder, helmet, 2 types of roads, grinder, 20m extension lead etc etc.

Without going into details, it's fair to say that a whole bunch of things went wrong before we set off. Infact MrsB and I began to wonder if 'someone was trying to tell us something'. For a start I woke up on the Saturday with a pretty sore back. Fortunately I never listen to things like that so we packed up and left what looked like being a classic Canty NorWest day for what turned into a downpour on the cost. I'm pretty sure I saw 98tls turn up at Arthurs Pass just before I left. I tell ya, I have NEVER driven so far with the wipers on double time. There are definitely times when I appreciate having a roof, windscreen and 4WD!

Wandered down to scrutineering, and to everyones surprise the bike flew through as it always does.... never have figured that one out... Dangerous called late in the arvo to say he was heading down to the pits at about 6am. I told him he was nuts, but as it turned out I was bloody lucky he did, the pits were pretty full when I got there. We had both noticed that newcomers were to have a special familiarization race, with all newbies out at the same time behind a pace car. We also noticed that Jarred Love would be out there.... 'this is gonna be interesting' was the general thought.

I woke up on race day, barely able to stand or sit because my back was having fits. After breakfast I popped a couple of Voltaren and some panadol, and rubbed some nuerofen stuff onto my back. It still gave trouble, but it was fine while on the bike as I could hold the weight with my arms. Still seems weird that it didn't affect my riding at all, but if I tried to go have a leak it would go nuts. Oh well.

After a short delay the newbies practice started. Well the Ford XR6 pace car must've BOLTED because the pace rapidly increased before we even hit the second corner. I was behind a grey SV650(?), he wacked on full throttle while leant well over on cold tyres. The bike fishtailed and then spat him off right infront of me. I was able to avoid hitting him so I stopped behind him and waved my arms to try and slow the hoardes of newbies coming round the corner. This meant that I ended up getting lapped by the fast boys. I tell ya, having a 998R blast past with an over 100kph advantage is a bloody good way to wake yourself up in the morning!

My Bucket was slipping and sliding in the rear. I suspected that the engine might still be spitting oil all over it, so I tiptoed around. I had time to look at it between newbies practice and buckets practice. No oil. So I went a bit quicker but still had problems. After the practice I checked the pressure (which I had forgotten to do before- DU-OH) and found it was pretty low. Some air sorted most of the problems

Race one went OK. The bike ran well and I think I managed a 7th with Stanko maybe 30m in front. I couldn't catch him but the gap didn't increase either.

Race 2 was more eventful. I got a great start and was behind Dangerous and Kickaha. I don't remember if it was the first or second lap, but as I braked and tipped into turn 4 a bike started to slide past underneath me. Realising it was Diesel pig, who can ride rings around me, I thought it would be better just to let him get through. Then as he opened the throttle the back end of his bike stepped out violently and he went down. I did everything wrong and looked at his bike as it slid and spun infront of me. Honestly I'm not sure if it would've been possible to avoid his bike, but I hit exactly where I was looking and found myself sliding and tumbling along the road. DP quickly assessed his bike and took off to cheers from the crowd. One of my clipons had spun around and was pointing straight back. I decided to assess the bike from a safer posi, so I wheeled it over to the marshals, checked that all the levers were still there, spun the clipon to a more ridable posi, fired her up and took off just after 1st and 2nd howled past. So I guess that was a last place 1 lap down. Have had zero ill effects or pain from the crash.... though it's probably time for a new helmet

Race 3 was pretty uneventful. I ended up about 100m behind Stanko, and we were both well back on the leaders. Not sure what happened there, I seem to recall a classic getting mixed up with us, so that probably caused it. Plus I slowed down for about half a lap at one stage because I thought the rowdy 4 stroke single behind me was a classic trying to lap me (which doesn't make sense now), but as he started to come past I realised it was a bucket so the plan changed and I managed to leave him behind.

As mentioned by others, the Chch KB boys did bloody well, especially Dangerous on that bloody heavy Kat, and DP keeping an 1100 honest on a track that is very much suited to stop-point-and-squirt riding.

Thanks heaps to the race committe and volunteers for organising an exceptionally well run event! She who must be obeyed has already decided we'll be back next year.

RCV
24th October 2006, 13:08
Firstly DieselPig for taking the pre 82 overall win for the day - congrats Neil, I know it was a challenging day for you in many ways, so I'm glad it all worked out, that bugger on the 1100 had me worried there for a while. You rode really well and black Betty looked great.

DC (not a KB'er) but always an inspiration to watch. We should thank him for his one win in Pre82, it sure did help DieselPig to get his first place.

Mmmm, still haven't been able to fathom out the formula for 3 x 2nd's beating 2 wins and a 3rd......

Good racing though guys and a great day out.

Bugger on the 1100 :-)

Joni
24th October 2006, 13:14
Mmmm, still haven't been able to fathom out the formula for 3 x 2nd's beating 2 wins and a 3rd......
Yeah we discussed it in-depth as well :spudwhat:

Hehehe - and I presume thats you, you bugger on the the 1100...you rode damn well, congrats! :yes:

98tls
24th October 2006, 13:32
I'm pretty sure I saw 98tls turn up at Arthurs Pass just before I left. I tell ya, I have NEVER driven so far with the wipers on double time. There are definitely times when I appreciate having a roof, windscreen and 4WD!
yep that was us....had a pie and then off to ride in the hardest rain ive ever seen....couldnt have my visor shut tight as it kept fogging up...with it open just a bit the rain was pouring in...at one stage we just about gave up and pulled over but with no shelter there wasnt alot of point...anyway we made it ok...ride back monday was awsome.

Rashika
24th October 2006, 14:56
Hehehe - and I presume thats you, you bugger on the the 1100...you rode damn well, congrats! :yes:

yeah the wheelies over the start finish were kind of inspiring to watch to say the least... way more impressive on the old green machine that on the modern day bikes :Punk:

98tls
24th October 2006, 15:38
one of the highlights for me was watching that bloke on the harley...high bars and all....he really had that thing flying....attached a few more pics from the racing

98tls
24th October 2006, 15:48
A few more.....

Maha
24th October 2006, 16:10
And Oyster was no.7

Wow that was awesome, although I must say those rail/road combo bridges are a bastard in the wet! :dodge:

Made my way over on saturday, hit the rain at arthurs like most of us it seems. Pushing the range limits of the RG150 haha (and my butt as I found out!) :scooter:

Rode to greymouth sunday morning (staying in hoki) and was just in time to see warm up before the first race, woah what a noise! You could really feel it going through you as they went past.

Big ups to all you crazy bastards who actually entered, i'll put up a couple pics even though they're quite poor quality.

1. Starting grid
3. Im not a harley fan but he was certainly making it work!
4. Poor sod at the restart after a prang (note bent fork damaged number).

Def going again! cant wait. :Punk:

Pic 2?... seen that guy at Paeroa, i have so much admiration for him, and there is always guys that finish behind him....:niceone:
Looks like a very cool day in Greymouth....:yes:

dangerous
24th October 2006, 17:14
Bugger on the 1100 :)
:Punk: In that case I'll up the bid to fucking bloody bugger on the 1100 :niceone:
Welcome to KB, sweet riding man... thats a big bike and you aint no weed, what works been done to the 11? fuck me it hauls arse :scooter:

Dangerous - I can honestly say IMO you had a super day

IMO... I had a super day aswell, funny thing is ya dont relise it till the end of the day when you get a chance to look back... and say, thank fuck for that :scooter:

me me me... I found Grey 'much' harder that nelson :rockon:

Thunderbike Powersports
24th October 2006, 17:19
Racing 750Katana
Feeling rather sound on the road due to the weight of the old silver thing I was rather happy with it apart from the H/P bump and one on the 4th turn, I was finding the 16” front wheel was droping in rather hard.
Finished up with a 3rd and 2x 4ths, stoked about that as I was with my bucket places... and ya know what? next year I wont have to wear that bloody ugly yellow T over the leathers, cos I'll be a greymouth pro.

Hi, I seen your Katana there and nice it is too, I'd like to own an 1100 again sometime. I was wondering which race did you think you got a 3rd in?

MyGSXF
24th October 2006, 17:36
Thoroughly enjoyed a great days racing.. wish like hell I had a bike to race meself!!! Thanks heaps to all the competitors for your fantastic efforts & sportsmanship!! & to EVERYONE involved in any other way!! you all earned a beer.. or several!! Also great to put some faces to the names on here!! :rockon: roll on next year! :Punk:
Jen

dangerous
24th October 2006, 17:53
Hi, I seen your Katana there and nice it is too, I'd like to own an 1100 again sometime. I was wondering which race did you think you got a 3rd in?

Cheers, a 1100 was to much to ask for at the time thnik I was lucky to get a tidy 750.

Buggered if I know what race, its all a fuzzy bler, I'm just going by what I was told by a couple off people, but I thought it was in the F4 myself.

More photos folk, thanks to Rashika.
1) turn 1 from the motel
2) The Grey river
3) Diesel on Hotdog (F4)
4) Oyster (also in F4 pics on TZ50 in earler posted photos)
5) dangerous (F4)
6) DC clipping the bails (fucking tight turn)

dangerous
24th October 2006, 18:01
Post Classic (pre 82)
1) DC, RCU, Diesel
2) RCU, DC
3) RCU, DC, Diesel
4) RCU
5) Dangerous
6) Stanko

dangerous
24th October 2006, 18:12
1) Kickaha cutting through the Honda's
2) Diesel, DC, Dangerous, RCU
3) Dangerous (CB125 only used in pratice) & TonyB's GP125
4) Kickaha, Diesel & #17 DC
5) My pick of the day, Alex on a 750 Duc... at his age an insperation to watch

Thunderbike Powersports
24th October 2006, 18:15
:Punk:
Welcome to KB, sweet riding man... thats a big bike and you aint no weed, what works been done to the 11? fuck me it hauls arse
:

Cheers, we had a great day. Other than a minor glitch with my gear selector claw spring on the GPZ in the 1st race all went well. The motor is an 1160 with 118bhp at the rear wheel and she sings like a bird, great fun to ride and the handling is not nearly as bad as you might imagine. The guys kept me honest though!

Unfortunately it has to go though to pay for my race plans for the season (Invercargill, Wanganui, Nelson and Paeroa on the Aprilia), the CR250 has had to go already.... so if anyone is interested in a race winner it's about to go on TradeMe tonight. A fully sorted bike for somebody.

Cheers.

MyGSXF
24th October 2006, 18:25
...so if anyone is interested in a race winner it's about to go on TradeMe tonight. A fully sorted bike for somebody.

Cheers.

Would love to buy ya bike..... How would you feel about me putting it on HP???? over about.... oh.. lets say.. 10 YEARS.... :innocent:

dangerous
24th October 2006, 18:27
Cheers, we had a great day. Other than a minor glitch with my gear selector claw spring on the GPZ in the 1st race all went well.

Unfortunately it has to go though to pay for my race plans for the season it's about to go on TradeMe tonight. A fully sorted bike for somebody.

Cheers.

Race 1 was my 3rd place, thanks to RCU (you?) and the slecter spring, Diesel and DC were in front of me :third:

Post ya TM link up for us to ponder over :shit:

Would love to buy ya bike..... How would you feel about me putting it on HP???? over about.... oh.. lets say.. 10 YEARS.... :innocent:
Ya beter ask the Nelson Fire Depo if they can follow you around with their ladder unit tho ;)

Rashika
24th October 2006, 18:52
6) DC clipping the bails (fucking tight turn)
yeah it did look tight when i took the piccie ;) And DC mentioned he thought he had clipped it once...guess I will have to show him that piccie to show how right he was :Punk:

MyGSXF
24th October 2006, 19:19
Ya beter ask the Nelson Fire Depo if they can follow you around with their ladder unit tho ;)

And just what exactly are you implying then hmmmmm.....??? :bleh:

RCV
24th October 2006, 19:39
Race 1 was my 3rd place, thanks to RCU (you?) and the slecter spring, Diesel and DC were in front of me :third:

Post ya TM link up for us to ponder over :shit:

I wondered if that was what you meant, I raced to the end with the downshifting gear selection problem and ended up just behind the guys with the Z750 and CBX550 so I'm sorry to have to tell you your 3rd was a 4th I'm afraid.... still a good result though. Cheers.

RCV
24th October 2006, 19:44

Probably wouldn't work for me really:bye: ..... But thanks for the thought :-)

MyGSXF
24th October 2006, 19:50
Probably wouldn't work for me really:bye: ..... But thanks for the thought :-)

Bugger... :weep: a girls gotta ask tho aye!!! :msn-wink:

Smokin
24th October 2006, 21:21
I have the race results out of the paper here, I'll scan them tomorrow after I work out how to use the damn thing.

far queue
24th October 2006, 21:29
Sorry, no pics yet guys, I've found the time to stick a few up on Ferals thread, and I'll get some up here tomorrow night I promise ... in the meantime does anyone how 98 (Justin Gray) is? He came off just seconds after this pic was taken, was unconscious, and was taken away in the meat wagon.

I was taking pics of the left hander during one of the practice sessions and after all the bikes had gone through I looked round to see him lying motionless on the track. Very few people around at that point, and no one was going to his aid, so I ran over and got there as a marshall did. I felt a bit helpless though, wanting to help but not knowing what to do, thinking I can't move him so what the hell can I do. It's one thing to watch the crashes on TV, it's another thing to be confronted with one. I hope he's OK.

dangerous
25th October 2006, 05:39
so I ran over and got there as a marshall did. I felt a bit helpless though, wanting to help but not knowing what to do,
Been there done that too, it is hard but as long as you compfort the damaged rider then other than noticing them choking or something then theres nothing you can do till the Medics get there.

Rashika
25th October 2006, 05:54
Been there done that too, it is hard but as long as you comfort the damaged rider then other than noticing them choking or something then theres nothing you can do till the Medics get there.

yeah been there a couple of times...seems to happen occasionally if you are out on the track taking piccies.
Best thing is to talk to them if they are conscious, see if they respond semi coherently and try to make sure they dont try to get up if they have been knocked out, if possible... sometimes thats what they try to do instinctively, but better to wait for the medics.

ajturbo
25th October 2006, 06:20
one of the highlights for me was watching that bloke on the harley...high bars and all....he really had that thing flying....

that guy has been around for ages, same bike?
he is from nelson,... and a friend of mine... and i am still trying to remember his name......grrrr don't you hate that?

but it sounds like you guys had a great time down there, you guys are lucky you didn't have the north islanders to contend with again...:innocent:
has the track changed any from 95/96? ...(last time i raced there)

gav
25th October 2006, 06:22
Andy, Darren Heeman isnt it? Don't think track has changed.

ajturbo
25th October 2006, 07:00
Andy, Darren Heeman isnt it? Don't think track has changed.

thanks matey!!!!:Punk:
that be him....
he is an interesting character...:rockon:

slowpoke
25th October 2006, 08:01
Cheers, we had a great day. Other than a minor glitch with my gear selector claw spring on the GPZ in the 1st race all went well. The motor is an 1160 with 118bhp at the rear wheel and she sings like a bird, great fun to ride and the handling is not nearly as bad as you might imagine. The guys kept me honest though!

Unfortunately it has to go though to pay for my race plans for the season (Invercargill, Wanganui, Nelson and Paeroa on the Aprilia), the CR250 has had to go already.... so if anyone is interested in a race winner it's about to go on TradeMe tonight. A fully sorted bike for somebody.

Cheers.

it actually caught my eye on Trademe before I saw this post, awesome looking old beast, would have been great to see it ridden in anger. Good luck with the sale.

Smokin
25th October 2006, 15:46
Here are the results. :scooter:

Thunderbike Powersports
25th October 2006, 16:49
it actually caught my eye on Trademe before I saw this post, awesome looking old beast, would have been great to see it ridden in anger. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for that, Its fun to ride and fast enough to do the job:niceone:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=75157203

dangerous
25th October 2006, 18:16
Darren Heeman isnt it?

that be him....
he is an interesting character...:rockon:
And one bloody loose unit, often cearless and gets a few complaints... but hell he makes the absalute POS move

Here are the results. :scooter:
dosnt work for me, anyone else?

Joni
25th October 2006, 18:23
dosnt work for me, anyone else?Works fine and confirms the results... I was wondering about Pre 82 :yes:

nsrpaul
25th October 2006, 18:39
Sorry, no pics yet guys, I've found the time to stick a few up on Ferals thread, and I'll get some up here tomorrow night I promise ... in the meantime does anyone how 98 (Justin Gray) is? He came off just seconds after this pic was taken, was unconscious, and was taken away in the meat wagon.

I was taking pics of the left hander during one of the practice sessions and after all the bikes had gone through I looked round to see him lying motionless on the track. Very few people around at that point, and no one was going to his aid, so I ran over and got there as a marshall did. I felt a bit helpless though, wanting to help but not knowing what to do, thinking I can't move him so what the hell can I do. It's one thing to watch the crashes on TV, it's another thing to be confronted with one. I hope he's OK.

justins all good, was back later that day, arm in a sling, but nothing broken

nsrpaul
25th October 2006, 18:43
And one bloody loose unit, often cearless and gets a few complaints... but hell he makes the absalute POS move

shoulda seen him years ago, he has improved no end
plus he is responsible for us having a street race in nelson, he may be ruff round the edges and fuck knows why he persists with that heap of poo but he livews and breaths motorccles and would give a the shirt off his back just cause you ride one 2
although his shirt would be covered in stains

nsrpaul
25th October 2006, 18:45
plus Ive raced against darren a lot, the only problem i had was when he kept grinding through cases and leaking oil, and i would have considered giving up racing if beating by a harley

dangerous
25th October 2006, 19:54
pre 82 (post classic)

race 1) DC, Diesel, RCV
race 2) RCV, Diesel, DC
race 3) RCV, Diesel, DC

F4 (buckets)

race 1) DC, Rae, Dangerous
race 2) DC, Bolwell, Rae
race 3) Walker, DC, Wills

Who the hell is Walker and Wills? as in what bikes were they on

far queue
25th October 2006, 20:43
OK, here come my pics. I got what I could of you all, some arn't the best, but there you go.

This lot's just Dangerous ...

far queue
25th October 2006, 20:46
Dangerous, Kickaha, and Tony B fighting it out

far queue
25th October 2006, 20:48
Diesel Pig ...

far queue
25th October 2006, 20:50
Kickaha ...

far queue
25th October 2006, 20:51
Stanko ...

far queue
25th October 2006, 20:53
Tony B ...

far queue
25th October 2006, 20:54
Team KB Pits

far queue
25th October 2006, 20:58
and finally, THAT Harley ...

I've got plenty more of the non KBers - Motards, Bears, etc that I might put up later. If there's anyone specific you want to see, yell out, I may have them.

far queue
25th October 2006, 20:59
justins all good, was back later that day, arm in a sling, but nothing brokenThanks for that, good to hear he's OK.

gav
25th October 2006, 21:44
Nice work, good photos!!
Hey Stanko, are they your old welding gloves or gardening gloves youre wearing? http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44720&d=1161766287

Rashika
26th October 2006, 07:12
Dangerous, Kickaha, and Tony B fighting it out

they look great! ...errrrr but TonyB was being lapped i think :innocent:

stanko
26th October 2006, 07:34
Jeez Gav has the internet run out of porn ?

TonyB
26th October 2006, 07:55
they look great! ...errrrr but TonyB was being lapped i think :innocent:

Yeah I think that will be the race that DP and I came off. Once I straightened everything out I got going just after posi's 1 and 2 came past a lap or two later. So I'm picking this will be me being 'lapped' as Dangerous and kickaha both came past once I got going.

gav
26th October 2006, 21:08
Jeez Gav has the internet run out of porn ?
Pffft, as if......

Suzi Q
29th October 2006, 12:53
Fantastic photos Far Queue

sugilite
29th October 2006, 13:13
1. Cool Wheelie - have no idea who he is but I was impressed that I got the shot!

His name is Brendon Stephenson. He is a mate of mine from Dannevirke. Here is a photo of him I took a few years back at Taupo. :yes:

steve74
29th October 2006, 23:33

justin got knocked out and took a trip to the hospital but was back by the lunch break as a spectator. he had his arm in a sling but was good as gold on the monday, just a bit groggy. i will have to show him the pic if he hasnt already seen it. he dosnt even remember getting on his bike, poor bugger.

diesel pig
30th October 2006, 17:05
Cheers Far queue for the pics they look Great!

feral1
1st November 2006, 19:26
[QUOTE=far queue;799374]Sorry, no pics yet guys, I've found the time to stick a few up on Ferals thread, and I'll get some up here tomorrow night I promise ... in the meantime does anyone how 98 (Justin Gray) is? He came off just seconds after this pic was taken, was unconscious, and was taken away in the meat wagon.

justin got knocked out and took a trip to the hospital but was back by the lunch break as a spectator. he had his arm in a sling but was good as gold on the monday, just a bit groggy. i will have to show him the pic if he hasnt already seen it. he dosnt even remember getting on his bike, poor bugger.

Hi Steve,

Hows it man, welcome to KB
When is your new Motard toy arriving?

Feral

nsrpaul
1st November 2006, 20:14
a big thanks to the gremouth boys for the hospitality while we were there, it was great, would like to return the favour if you guys come up for the port races

dangerous
2nd November 2006, 05:45
a big thanks to the gremouth boys for the hospitality while we were there, it was great, would like to return the favour if you guys come up for the port races

Was there this year... will be there next.