PDA

View Full Version : Team Feral Racing - West Coast (Greymouth Streets)

feral1
23rd October 2006, 10:18
What a awesome weekend. Team Feral racing (Notinsane*(Clint) & Feral) raced in our home round; the greymouth Street Races.

I ran my Kawasaki ZXR in F3 and clint ran his Ducati 400 in F3 and bears.

The weekend started for us on Thursday. I took Friday off work because we had to put my motor back together. A big thanks needs to go to Colin Clyne Kawasaki, for getting the head all sorted. I took us till three am and most of friday to get the ZXR back together.

Saturday was scrutineering, and then a bbq at a mates place in greymouth. NSRPaul was down with a few mates and it was good to be able to say hi to a KB'er.

Sunday was the big day. We got down there very early to get a good slot in the pits. By tradition the local racers normally take over the undercover yards, and this year was no exception. Was cool to all set up together.

At practice, the track was still a bit damp. A lot of riders where sliding off. The motard guys where good fun to follow around, pulling wheel stands every where. Clint and I had never raced at Greymouth, so we had to undertake a 'first timers race'. by the end of this and another practice session, we had the layout sorted. Not before running spectacularry off, at the police station left hander, while I was trying to find my brake markers and left it a tad to late. Farque got some good photos of that one. NSRPaul gave me some pointers about some of the turns and lines, very invaluable.

Clint was up first in Bears. he went out and got a good placing, and peddled the little Ducati hard.
My first F3 race, saw me start in the middle of the grid as I was unsure how i would go. First corner was manic, but had a great run. Everything went real well and I felt real comfortable. Charged home at a 8th placing in F3. i was stoked.

In race two, I had a bit of trouble getting the bike running. So by the time my mate had pushed me halfway down the main straight and it finally fired, i had to come around in the warmup lap quick smart and started at the end of the grid; deadlast - bugger. With a field of 35 F3 bikes, the first corner was crazy. I had four laps and a bit of work to do. Had a ball and just rode hard. Had to pass a bit and finished seventh. Was stoked again.

Clint had a tussle with another bike and that combined with fading brakes saw him flying towards the fire engine at the top turn. he stopped just in time. But his race was over.

Race three, saw me get our starting routine sorted and I selected row three of the grid. Ran a good strong race and came home fifth, at the end of the second lead bunch. the first two guys where ahead. I was pretty wrapped.
Clint had a wicked race with a guy on a Ducati 750 in Bears. His 400 was down on power but he was nailing him in the corners and won out at the end.

Wicked weekend really.
Thanks for SuzyQ and Farque for taking pictures and Gordo for dropping of a bottle of water

Feral

*Slack c&^nt, that hasn't put a post on KB yet.

Smokin
23rd October 2006, 12:28
Great stuff mate, you were showing some pretty good form out there eh.
Good turnout of KBers as well putting a few more names to faces.
Dangerous put some good laps on the Katana as well, Nice bike you have there D.
All in all a fantastic day and full marks to those that lined up on the grid to strut their stuff.
Hope to see a few more of you next year.

Suzi Q
23rd October 2006, 13:50
Here are some photos of Feral - good racing mate.:rockon:
I was at the start/finish line when I took these photos.

dangerous
23rd October 2006, 16:45
Dangerous put some good laps on the Katana as well, Nice bike you have there D.

Cheers man, managed a 3rd I believe in post classic... anyway the other race reports and photos are posted up here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=37698

Feral... nice gay shirt mate, ya bloody great coppy cat

far queue
24th October 2006, 20:55
You did well Feral, bloody good racing, and only your 3rd time out, shit hot mate ...

Here's some pics ...

far queue
24th October 2006, 20:59
Here's some more pics - all up I've got 46 of you, I'll send all the high res stuff over. And thanks for putting me up for a couple of nights too.

far queue
24th October 2006, 21:04
Well done to you too Clint, you were doing well as well. It was amusing watching your front fairing wobbling around as you were riding. I heard an interesting story about you too, something to do with heading bush downhill on your bike at a great rate of knots.

nsrpaul
25th October 2006, 19:14
[QUOTE=feral1;797274]What a awesome weekend. Team Feral racing (Notinsane*(Clint) & Feral) raced in our home round; the greymouth Street Races.

I ran my Kawasaki ZXR in F3 and clint ran his Ducati 400 in F3 and bears.

The weekend started for us on Thursday. I took Friday off work because we had to put my motor back together. A big thanks needs to go to Colin Clyne Kawasaki, for getting the head all sorted. I took us till three am and most of friday to get the ZXR back together.

Saturday was scrutineering, and then a bbq at a mates place in greymouth. NSRPaul was down with a few mates and it was good to be able to say hi to a KB'er.

Sunday was the big day. We got down there very early to get a good slot in the pits. By tradition the local racers normally take over the undercover yards, and this year was no exception. Was cool to all set up together.

At practice, the track was still a bit damp. A lot of riders where sliding off. The motard guys where good fun to follow around, pulling wheel stands every where. Clint and I had never raced at Greymouth, so we had to undertake a 'first timers race'. by the end of this and another practice session, we had the layout sorted. Not before running spectacularry off, at the police station left hander, while I was trying to find my brake markers and left it a tad to late. Farque got some good photos of that one. NSRPaul gave me some pointers about some of the turns and lines, very invaluable.

Clint was up first in Bears. he went out and got a good placing, and peddled the little Ducati hard.
My first F3 race, saw me start in the middle of the grid as I was unsure how i would go. First corner was manic, but had a great run. Everything went real well and I felt real comfortable. Charged home at a 8th placing in F3. i was stoked.

In race two, I had a bit of trouble getting the bike running. So by the time my mate had pushed me halfway down the main straight and it finally fired, i had to come around in the warmup lap quick smart and started at the end of the grid; deadlast - bugger. With a field of 35 F3 bikes, the first corner was crazy. I had four laps and a bit of work to do. Had a ball and just rode hard. Had to pass a bit and finished seventh. Was stoked again.

Clint had a tussle with another bike and that combined with fading brakes saw him flying towards the fire engine at the top turn. he stopped just in time. But his race was over.

Race three, saw me get our starting routine sorted and I selected row three of the grid. Ran a good strong race and came home fifth, at the end of the second lead bunch. the first two guys where ahead. I was pretty wrapped.
Clint had a wicked race with a guy on a Ducati 750 in Bears. His 400 was down on power but he was nailing him in the corners and won out at the end.

Wicked weekend really.
Thanks for SuzyQ and Farque for taking pictures and Gordo for dropping of a bottle of water

Feral

hey man, was a great weekend, you guys give me a shout if a come up for the nelson street race,

gav
25th October 2006, 20:45
Was it really necessary to quote that whole post just for your one line reply?

feral1
26th October 2006, 16:28
Here's some more pics - all up I've got 46 of you, I'll send all the high res stuff over. And thanks for putting me up for a couple of nights too.

thanks man, look forward to seeing them
It was a fun weekend

The pics look cool