PDA

View Full Version : Brazillian Rio MotoGP link here **** No Spoilers ***

Hoon
5th July 2004, 10:07
http://motograndprix.tiscali.com/ppv_multimedia2/285/285963.wmv

EDIT: The wmv version doesn't have any sound on my PC so try the RP version.

http://motograndprix.tiscali.com/ppv_multimedia2/285/285962.rm

Cajun
5th July 2004, 10:11
your a legend hoon

i have it down in about 30 mins

erik
5th July 2004, 10:20
Woo hoo, thanks :) I just finished watching the last one last night.

riffer
5th July 2004, 11:05
I used Smart Video Converter last time to convert the WMV file, but was very disappointed in the amount of posterisation in the image.

Can anyone recommend some good settings for output?

I can write either to CD or DVD.

wkid_one
5th July 2004, 17:09
I used Smart Video Converter last time to convert the WMV file, but was very disappointed in the amount of posterisation in the image.

Can anyone recommend some good settings for output?

I can write either to CD or DVD.
No point CN - the file was the lo res file from the site - converting to DVD made no difference - you need the high res file.

Racey Rider
5th July 2004, 17:09
Thanks Hoon!

Is this the "Real player" link?

The Real Player download still has better sound than the other windows player for me.

Hoon
5th July 2004, 17:23
Nah thats the WMV. The last Assen race had shocking sound quality so I downloaded the rp one as well only to find out the sound was the same (if not worse).

I've come to the conclusion that there is negligible difference between the two formats and the variation in sound quality seems to be a week to week thing and not related to the format.

riffer
5th July 2004, 18:16
No point CN - the file was the lo res file from the site - converting to DVD made no difference - you need the high res file.
Nah fully aware of this wkid. My issue was with the interpolation algorith that the codec was using.

Whereas FX Video Converter seemed to use bicubic interpolation, which tended to smooth out the image as it enlarged it from the lores version, creating an acceptable if slightly blurry result, the codec in Smart Video Converter seemed to use Nearest Neighbour interpolation, which gave the effect of making it look really posterised.

Hoon
5th July 2004, 20:53
Well I just got home and tried the wmv file and it has no sound (barely audible)!

The files sound fine when you stream them via the motogp site but I guess the loss of sound quality is somehow due to downloading the entire file instead.

So I suggest you guys try the Real player version!

http://motograndprix.tiscali.com/ppv_multimedia2/285/285962.rm

jrandom
5th July 2004, 21:10
Weird. I was able to listen to the WMV version this afternoon with no trouble whatsoever.

Good thing, too, because I refuse to bother with all the adware and other rubbish that running the RP software requires.

erik
5th July 2004, 21:41
That's weird, I had no problems with the wmv sound either.

k14
5th July 2004, 22:06
Weird. I was able to listen to the WMV version this afternoon with no trouble whatsoever.

Good thing, too, because I refuse to bother with all the adware and other rubbish that running the RP software requires.

That can easily be solved by using a program called Realplayer Alternative. Very good and doenst contain any crappy bloatware. Also will play quicktime and other random file formats.

Racey Rider
7th July 2004, 15:55
Watched it on Real player. Sound was good. Thanks.

Deano
7th July 2004, 16:05
Real player looks and sounds good. Thanks again Hoon, and nice to meet you in person on Saturday.