PDA

View Full Version : Continental Road Attacks

MrMelon
24th October 2006, 10:31
Has anyone tried running a set of these yet? What are they like? Any problems or anything?

All the reivews I've found so far make them sound pretty good.

Cheers.

DingDong
24th October 2006, 10:39
I was quite keen on set of these after see'n them at a trackday... was told RRP for a 120 and a 190/55 was $530, bargan I thought!
The young guy showing the tyres gave them a very hard time, backing it in etc... and they looked premo, they did have tyre warmers running tho.
Looked around Tauranga & the Mount... everyone wanted $630... bloody rip-offs.
I ended up on Pilot sport

MrMelon
24th October 2006, 10:42
Just got a quote from sawyers for $550 a set fitted which doesnt sound too shabby. That's for a 120 front 160 rear though.

Deano
24th October 2006, 10:51
How much are sport attacks ? If no more expensive I'd go for them, or try and get some Racetecs for the same price.

James Deuce
24th October 2006, 10:53
PM Mangell6.

MrMelon
24th October 2006, 11:08
I'm after something that'll stand up to a bit of touring with a bit of a push through various twisties over summer. I tihnk racetec's might be a bit overkill for the way I ride. Someone was saying that road attacks are exactly the same as sport attacks just with greater tread depth though. Not sure if that's right or not though.

HDTboy
24th October 2006, 11:50
I think Fizzerman has one on his rear

TLDV8
25th October 2006, 10:13
I'm after something that'll stand up to a bit of touring with a bit of a push through various twisties over summer.

I have had a set of Road Attacks for a while but forgot to record the fitted mileage but they seem to be wearing well as suggested.
I am far from a hard charger but they seem to be a great all rounder and will definately get another set.
I think it took over 2000kms to wear off the embossed writing on the centre of the rear which is good going on a TL...Very quick to warm up too. Will get a pic later.

Hitcher
25th October 2006, 21:11
I'm about 4,000km into a set on the FJR. Half of that was on a Grand Challenge. Not bad, but not spectacular either. I was expecting something special, given the rep I've heard different folk give them. Apparently they wear well. I'll tell you more in about 7,500km time, if they last that long.

Next change will be onto a set of Avons.