PDA

View Full Version : Pad out your helmet.

The Pastor
24th October 2006, 17:32
Can u buy somthing to pad out the inside of your helmet? Im sure you can? Is it general aftermarket stuff, or is it brand specific?

Cheers

Rm

marty
24th October 2006, 17:43
can't give the ladies enough pleasure huh?

Hitcher
24th October 2006, 17:58
What kind of pinhead needs to pad out their helmet?

Scouse
24th October 2006, 18:02
Have you thought about buying a smaller helmet

Steam
24th October 2006, 18:11
Mr Renegade, you are a constant source of entertainment.
Thankyou.

MattRSK
24th October 2006, 18:36
Mr Renegade, you are a constant source of entertainment.
Thankyou.

More like a muppet.

adyone
24th October 2006, 18:40
Organise a bike meet at Spotlight, you could all pick a nice material and some velcro

Scouse
24th October 2006, 18:44
Have you thought of wraping some paper toweling around your head before you put your helmet on

Clivoris
24th October 2006, 18:48
This is like shooting fish in a barrel...but Stayfree make the perfect product. It's made to protect twats and has the added advantage of absorbing moisture.:shake:

Nothing personal bro.:innocent:

The_Dover
24th October 2006, 18:52
or you could wear a turban and SARGE would love you some more

Scouse
24th October 2006, 18:54
make it a white turban and we will call you Mr Tampon Head

Steam
24th October 2006, 18:54
Or stuff potato chips in the loose space, and we can call you Mr Potatohead.

The Pastor
24th October 2006, 19:06
well when I bought my helmet I had just bought my glasses, so i got a not so tight fit as not to squish them, but now the padding has compressed to make it a loose fit. So I was wondering about making some sort of liner and wanted to know if there's any good stuff available for me to copy.

kiwifruit
24th October 2006, 19:09
buy a new helmet man, a tight one....
you can wear yer glasses in any lid

The_Dover
24th October 2006, 19:13
what kind of pussy wears a helmet anyway?

Ixion
24th October 2006, 19:34
Grow an afro.

jtzzr
24th October 2006, 19:40
So youre all mobile now Renegade(sorry about the lever)?:Punk: Except for the small melon.

crashe
24th October 2006, 19:59
wear a light weight balaclava and that will tighten up the helmet space a bit more... or grow your hair really long.

Lou Girardin
25th October 2006, 05:57
Sure, pad it to fit. Just make sure you'll never actually need it.

The Pastor
25th October 2006, 13:54
So youre all mobile now Renegade(sorry about the lever)?:Punk: Except for the small melon.

Yeah bro, its all good, I got a lever in the mail (hopefully might of lost it in transit...)

wear a light weight balaclava and that will tighten up the helmet space a bit more... or grow your hair really long.
Thanks, thats a good idea, do you reconmend any? (I seem to remember you wearing one?.... or was that the bank robber I just stopped hehe)

Sure, pad it to fit. Just make sure you'll never actually need it.

Not sure what you just said but Thats ok becuase my bike is going, and road legal too. (minus a rear brake lever - but thats in the mail.)

onearmedbandit
25th October 2006, 14:40
Top of the line helmets (Arai etc) have replacable check pads and liners for different size/shape heads otherwise you're shit out of luck. Buy a new helmet dude.

Virago
25th October 2006, 16:16
I seem to recall that you'd given up wearing a helmet, when you became a man..........:shutup:

I'm a man.........If I choose to ride in bare feat and no helmet, IT IS MY CHOICE! It has nothing to do with anyone else or how you feel about somthing (bloody hippies).......Toughen up you pack of wimps.

Colapop
25th October 2006, 16:49
OK because I've laughed too much already at the previous posts I'll offer something a bit more helpful. If your helmet padding has compressed and you require a slightly snugger (?) fit you could go to a bedding manufacturer. One that makes the beds from scratch - not a reseller. I think up that way there might be an outfit called Waitakere beds? Someone selling the Natural Rest brand. Or you could try getting ahold of Vita NZ they have different types (hardesses) and thicknesses of foam.

crashe
25th October 2006, 19:27
Thanks, thats a good idea, do you reconmend any? (I seem to remember you wearing one?.... or was that the bank robber I just stopped hehe)

I got mine at Katmandu... for around $12 or $13

beyond
25th October 2006, 20:20
Errmmm, I know it always comes down to $$$$'s but you only have one block.

Sell your helmet on trade me, keep it for a back up in case you get a large blocked pillion and buy one that's tight and makes your face pucker like a squirrel with a face full of nuts.

I don't like the idea of your brains being swizzled around in a largish helmet with a whole lot of extra padding between you and the bits that actually do the right job when it's needed.

Back Fire
25th October 2006, 20:34

Sell your helmet on trade me, keep it for a back up in case you get a large blocked pillion and buy one that's tight and makes your face pucker like a squirrel with a face full of nuts.

I don't like the idea of your brains being swizzled around in a largish helmet with a whole lot of extra padding between you and the bits that actually do the right job when it's needed.

your poetic skills mesmerise me....

The Pastor
26th October 2006, 00:26

You confused little boy.

I have another spare helmet thats a tighterfit but its not a flip face and it bends my glasses frames. My helmets ok fit, I just want an extra 1cm padding to make it snug as bug. You 40 yr old men with jobs that pay in money forget that when people start out in there working carrers and are still at uni their bank balance is usally around 5k to 30k in LOANS. Not only that, but they have no income at the same time.....

The Pastor
26th October 2006, 00:27
I seem to recall that you'd given up wearing a helmet, when you became a man..........:shutup:

And I see you're top of the class in english. Well done, do you want a gold star? You can have it right after your afternoon nap!

crack
26th October 2006, 01:24
Can u buy somthing to pad out the inside of your helmet? Im sure you can? Is it general aftermarket stuff, or is it brand specific?

Cheers

Rm

Get your Old Lady to rub your head with Baby oil prior to fitting your Helmet.

Gauran f---ing teed to work::done:

crack
26th October 2006, 01:26
Forgot: Sorry, you asked about specific brands?

Johnsons or Pams, you choose.

crack
26th October 2006, 04:16
http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/7915/britneyheadsession12zn.swf

Cute, real Cute, what a honey.:done: :rockon:

Lou Girardin
26th October 2006, 05:57
Not sure what you just said but Thats ok becuase my bike is going, and road legal too. (minus a rear brake lever - but thats in the mail.)

I said, fuck with your helmet by all means, just don't crash.

RiderInBlack
26th October 2006, 06:45
You 40 yr old men with jobs that pay in money forget that when people start out in there working carrers and are still at uni their bank balance is usally around 5k to 30k in LOANS. Not only that, but they have no income at the same time.....Hey Retard Mistress. I am 40+, but have a large student loan and a low income. I wear glasses but I still not so dum as to buy a helmet too big for my head just cause I'm worried about bending the glasses frame. Have just got a new helmet and yes it is on the tight side NOW, but I know that this will change as the padding gets compressed by my head, leading to a better fitting helmet. I have replace my older helmet as it has got loose over time and now has the odd scratch on it, causing it to be no longer fit to protect my head.
My advise is next time buy a new helmet that fits ya head not ya glasses. Mean time hope ya don't crash.

beyond
26th October 2006, 07:19
You confused little boy.

I have another spare helmet thats a tighterfit but its not a flip face and it bends my glasses frames. My helmets ok fit, I just want an extra 1cm padding to make it snug as bug. You 40 yr old men with jobs that pay in money forget that when people start out in there working carrers and are still at uni their bank balance is usally around 5k to 30k in LOANS. Not only that, but they have no income at the same time.....

Ummm,

Kinda figured $$$'s would be a problem, hence the remark in my statement and I have never forgotten how much the missus and I struggled to survive in our early days of marriage with kids. Sometimes we had to save for two months just to return a dinner favour to people and often never had any money to even repair the dunger of a car we had.

So, I understand but you young people need to remember many of us 40 plus folk did not have it easy by any means. In fact, things probably were a lot tougher. Student loans never existed which is why I now work for someone else and never became a Lawyer like I wanted. However, I can now help my daughter through varsity which many parents are doing for their kids.

Rant over .... :bye:

The Pastor
26th October 2006, 12:25
http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/7915/britneyheadsession12zn.swf

Cute, real Cute, what a honey.:done: :rockon:
Don't post that shit on here noob.

I said, fuck with your helmet by all means, just don't crash.
Thats what I plan on doing, but exta padding will cut the windnoise down.

Hey Retard Mistress. I am 40+, but have a large student loan and a low income. I wear glasses but I still not so dum as to buy a helmet too big for my head just cause I'm worried about bending the glasses frame. Have just got a new helmet and yes it is on the tight side NOW, but I know that this will change as the padding gets compressed by my head, leading to a better fitting helmet. I have replace my older helmet as it has got loose over time and now has the odd scratch on it, causing it to be no longer fit to protect my head.
My advise is next time buy a new helmet that fits ya head not ya glasses. Mean time hope ya don't crash.

My helmet is not as loose as you missus, but its not tight as a nun either.. i just want to make it that little bit more comfy. Plus I had JUST gotten my glasses frames (which cost more than the helmet BTW) And im 100% sure my helmet will protect my head in its current state.

Ummm,

Kinda figured $$$'s would be a problem, hence the remark in my statement and I have never forgotten how much the missus and I struggled to survive in our early days of marriage with kids. Sometimes we had to save for two months just

So, I understand but you young people need to remember many of us 40 plus folk did not have it easy by any means. In fact, things probably were a lot tougher. Student loans never existed which is why I now work for someone else and never became a Lawyer like I wanted. However, I can now help my daughter through varsity which many parents are doing for their kids.

Rant over .... :bye:

Yeah, i don't have a student loan either, but I don't have a job (well a job that pays in money anyways) So I can't really spend any money If I havnt got it, Just calm down and take some of that ointment for your arthrites old man.:zzzz: :innocent: :whocares: :shutup: :scooter: :yes:

The_Dover
26th October 2006, 12:30
i'll give you a job that pays cash rentmyass master.....

all you'll need is that little denim skirt and a tube of KY.

go to K'Rd tonight and you'll find you a john or two that'll pay you at least five bucks, better put some aside for some saddle padding and haemorrhoid cream though....

9cents
26th October 2006, 16:50
I would have thought that if the protective padding was all compressed and the helmet was now loose fitting then that would be a real obvious sign you need to buy a new helmet O_o

Macktheknife
26th October 2006, 17:03
Thats what I plan on doing, but exta padding will cut the windnoise down.
Probably not.

My helmet is not as loose as you missus, but its not tight as a nun either.. i just want to make it that little bit more comfy. Plus I had JUST gotten my glasses frames (which cost more than the helmet BTW) And im 100% sure my helmet will protect my head in its current state.
Are you for real?

Yeah, i don't have a student loan either, but I don't have a job (well a job that pays in money anyways) So I can't really spend any money If I havnt got it, Just calm down and take some of that ointment for your arthrites old man.:zzzz: :innocent: :whocares: :shutup: :scooter: :yes:
You really need to think about how you talk to people man, this kind of shit will get you in more trouble than you can get yourself out of.

crack
26th October 2006, 22:21
Renegade Master:

Thanks for the sport, you just set your self up Mate.

Now to the HELMET, ( Get it polished first) go to a Leather upholsterer, show Him/Her your HELMET ( I mean Your Bone Dome) ( your blood bucket) thats better less Sexual connotation? would you agree?

You can take the lining out youself,

Get a Non Solvent based glue, Again ask the Upholsterer, get some LEATHER OFF CUTS, and cut them to the desired shape and glue in place.

The thickness of hide can varies somewhat, but this WILL work.

Once done, you can re-fit your lining over the leather if you are careful.

( TRUST ME)

:love: :love: :rockon: :rockon: :scooter: :scooter:

Lifes too F---ing short man, keep going and claim the :third:

The Pastor
27th October 2006, 00:38
I would have thought that if the protective padding was all compressed and the helmet was now loose fitting then that would be a real obvious sign you need to buy a new helmet O_o

Its not loose, its just got a bit of space around where my ears are.