PDA

View Full Version : Rider Training/Help for KB TD 4

loosebruce
25th October 2006, 12:03
Finally got my arse in gear and signed up, had a quick chat to Frosty and he gave me the thumbs up to do this, the day itself has no real gain for me to go out and better my times, but i figured i can help more than a few people throughout the day.

Plan is let me know that you want a hand, then we can go through what it is you exactly want to achieve, having trouble with a particular corner (or all of them!!) wanting to learn lines and or techniques to attack certain corners, maybe you want a bit of help working on braking or exiting corners, maybe some advice on body positioning, gear selection dont know could be anything, upto to have a think about it.
Once you have figured it out i/we can go about how you achieve it. Before the session we'd run over your bike giving it a general check, depending on what you want to how we go in the session, i follow, or lead, or both, weather we take a minute to stop and chat (in a safe place) or not.
I will also have my bullet camera set up on the GSXR so can take video footage while following you, so you can see your lines, where you might be going wrong or right, just how close you are to getting your knee down, body positioning etc, maybe some helpful person with video editing software can help me out and pull the footage off and each rider can have a copy.
I wouldn't mind having a session or two at some stage in the day when i can just do my own thing.
There is only so many sessions and so much time, but i'm happy to try and help you out.

So reply in this thread and state what group you are in and what you would like to achieve or work on.

Cheers :rockon:

The_Dover
25th October 2006, 12:04
I want to go fast and look cool.

Can you help me?

Keystone19
25th October 2006, 12:07
I tried the previous things you suggested I work on and think I am ready to move to the next stage - corners. Can you offer any help with this?

Also body position. I prefer some positions over others and would like some personal guidance on this aspect.

sAsLEX
25th October 2006, 12:09
I want to look cool.

Can you help me?

Dunno about that one!

The_Dover
25th October 2006, 12:11
sweet jesus, my eyes.........

FROSTY
25th October 2006, 12:15
I tried the previous things you suggested I work on and think I am ready to move to the next stage - corners. Can you offer any help with this?

Also body position. I prefer some positions over others and would like some personal guidance on this aspect.
I prefer the missionary posittion-but sometimes prefer variety--
--OMG wrong forum

MikeyG
25th October 2006, 12:21
Novice biker and first time track dayer. If you have time I'd like a hand with general riding and cornering

loosebruce
25th October 2006, 12:28
I want to go fast and look cool.

Can you help me?

Go fast maybe, look cool, no doubt it.

As per PM Jill

Dunno about that one!

Damn you Brett, damn you to hell (and he wants me to do some modelling for him??)

sweet jesus, my eyes.........

I know :shit:

Novice biker and first time track dayer. If you have time I'd like a hand with general riding and cornering

Sweet as mate, will send you a PM at some point, today, tomorrow..... before the track day anyway.

texmo
25th October 2006, 13:07
You already now im keen to follow you for a few laps and get you to follow me.

EDIT: My co worker thinks your hot bruce

MSTRS
25th October 2006, 13:13
Not having been a squid since...ooooh...about 1978, and having just gone from GSXR1100 (heavy) to SRAD750 (light) - some insights on the finer points of remaining in the seated position would be good:innocent:

sAsLEX
25th October 2006, 13:57
EDIT: My co worker thinks your hot bruce

Is he angling for a pay rise?

texmo
25th October 2006, 14:09
Is he angling for a pay rise?

hells is only a second job. and bruce is useless he dosent give the pay rises

loosebruce
25th October 2006, 16:08
You already now im keen to follow you for a few laps and get you to follow me.

You're sorted for this Saturday bro, you're on your own on the 5th.

- some insights on the finer points of remaining in the seated position would be good:innocent:

If you mean not falling off, i'm prolly the wrong person for the job :mellow:

Rossi Gal
25th October 2006, 18:04
good on ya bruce for doing this, its awesome to see ppl giving back what they got. the more help ppl can get the better!!

Two Smoker
25th October 2006, 20:32
Bruce... Can you make me go fast??? Ive got problems with leaning, cornering, braking, accelerating, and especially staying on the bike... Any help would be much appreciated...

cowpoos
25th October 2006, 21:05
Bruce... Can you make me go fast??? Ive got problems with leaning, cornering, braking, accelerating, and especially staying on the bike... Any help would be much appreciated...
he can't help you....you have to do it yourself....now run off and ask chloe for your balls back!!! :nya:

loosebruce
26th October 2006, 08:39
good on ya bruce for doing this, its awesome to see ppl giving back what they got. the more help ppl can get the better!!

Thanks Aria, have also got Daryl (Dss3) in on the act to help out if there are a few too many wanting help. Team Muppet Rider Training :shit: something doesn't add up :mellow:

I dont know if i can go slow enough to help you out mate, maybe you can tag onto Texmo and he can show you a few lines :yes:

Quasievil
26th October 2006, 08:44
Damn you Brett, damn you to hell (and he wants me to do some modelling for him??)
I know :shit:

You designed them..............want a new pair ???
Quasi will do that for you, he is good to you:sick:

HDTboy
26th October 2006, 09:20
I keep bending my throttle stop. Can you help me?

emaN
26th October 2006, 09:48
you ain't gonna be at the Suzuki day this Sat.... perchance?:blip:

loosebruce
26th October 2006, 12:19
I keep bending my throttle stop. Can you help me?

NO but some good advice, buy a Suzuki

you ain't gonna be at the Suzuki day this Sat.... perchance?:blip:

Yep i'll be there :rockon:

emaN
26th October 2006, 12:34
cool, might pick yer brains on & off during the day, if that's ok?
(don't worry - i'll try not to wreck your day out!)

FROSTY
26th October 2006, 16:55
Can I have some instruction on how to avoid a nervous breakdown leading up to a trackday ???

Mental Trousers
26th October 2006, 17:05
Can I have some instruction on how to avoid a nervous breakdown leading up to a trackday ???
Alcohol is what you need. Large amounts. Just remember to save enough money for rent.

GIXser
29th October 2006, 17:23
i might even be in on this one yet--- yooohhhooooooooo

Motoracer
29th October 2006, 18:02

Sweet!!! Make it happen bro

Fatjim
29th October 2006, 18:11
I could do with a hand in getting my corner speed up. Not much point in me learning lines and getting my kneee down when I'm not going fast enough to need a line, or a 3rd wheel.

loosebruce
30th October 2006, 08:58

Will wait up for you this time mate, sorry bout that aye :rockon:

I could do with a hand in getting my corner speed up. Not much point in me learning lines and getting my kneee down when I'm not going fast enough to need a line, or a 3rd wheel.

No worries, what bike will be your intended weapon on the day? And which group do you intend on riding in?

Motoracer
3rd November 2006, 21:15
I am available for rider training too.

If keen, let me know.

Shaun
4th November 2006, 19:48
I am available for rider training too.

If keen, let me know.

You need it mate