PDA

View Full Version : Adventures of the ZXR

Panther
26th October 2006, 09:48
Hey fellow biker angels!

Well I finally got my act together and booked my restricted for 8.30am this morning in Quay street....not the flashest time to go, school kids everywhere and major traffic, but it was the first time available when I booked online a few weeks ago. So being too impatient to wait for a 'better' time I went for it.

So meanwhile a couple of weeks ago my WOF runs out. I need a new brake disc and two right discs get sent to F1 engineering, one with a bent carrier and one under thickness, so one gets made and anodized and new buttons etc. cos of the long weekend they take forever to get couriered back up here. Then they are sent to Manurewa instead of Remmas, maybe they sound the same on the phone or something, so the straight disc arrives the arvo before my restricted. Cutting it really close time wise!

Bike gets taken for a warrant and the guys like omg your brake caliper pistons are seized! So I get my WOF just hours before my restricted. Yay!

I was nervous as so I got up super super early (as in before the sun) and was like 45mins early for my test!

I had done a practice lap of a possible route the night before but I wasn't expecting all the Remuera tractors blocking the road dropping off their kids at school!

So there were nervous looking dads with their teenage daughters (hint hint guys a new place to go and pick up under age girls!) waiting outside the AA cos they don't open till 8.30am although the car and motorbike tests start at 8am.

By this time I’ve had a mocha and am apmed up, annoyed about there being all the staff inside with the doors locked and not being able to go and get the ball rolling!

I finally get to my eye test and when it comes to the part where you read the three columns my eyes only see two, so the lady was really nice about it and told me to look at the shipping containers in the distance and then re focus and what do ya know there are three columns, buzzy, I think its to do with having a dominant eye or something.

So we set off and he gives me instructions for where to go, and its funny cos he’s telling me go left and then I’m pointing to the right, so he’s like aww she’s challenged! And he was nice and looked after my top (cos it was really hot so I decided to go topless under my jacket).

We set off and go to a car park where I impress the instructor with my tiny figure eights, then negate the back roads of Parnell.

Hit traffic when we came back to Quay Street, I found it really hard to control myself and ‘act like a car’, not just nipping into a gap in the traffic!

Finally get back to the AA and go inside and sort out my paper work cos I forgot that I was supposed to go in and fill out forms before I sat the test, duh!

So the testing guy starts telling me that they don’t do full license tests at Quay street, and where do I live (so he can come round later?!) so he can tell me the closest testing centre to my house.

So yeah that’s about it, so thanks to all the guys who helped me out, really appreciated!

And ha ha ha to all the people I told I failed cos I so passed! YEAH!

placidfemme
26th October 2006, 09:55
Congrats on passing... lol did the no top thing help with the result? lol p/t

R6_kid
26th October 2006, 10:00
fuck you!!! you had me so convinced you'd done something stupid!!! Oh well, congratulations girl!!! :Punk: no more 70kmh on the motorway now aye :rockon:

:done: :Punk:

Panther
26th October 2006, 10:05
fuck you!!! you had me so convinced you'd done something stupid!!! Oh well, congratulations girl!!! :Punk: no more 70kmh on the motorway now aye :rockon:

Please like I ever did 70kms (cos it's dangerous ya know)....just cos the R6 can't keep up:dodge: ha ha

R6_kid
26th October 2006, 10:07
Please like I ever did 70kms (cos it's dangerous ya know)....just cos the R6 can't keep up:dodge: ha ha

lol, you're the one that was screaming on the back as i was braking into a corner downhill at commuting pace!!!

Maverick
26th October 2006, 10:09
Well done, glad the instructor wasnt an ass about the paperwork and that the test went well. :rockon:

Whynot
26th October 2006, 10:16
well done :D

Satch
26th October 2006, 10:41

HAHA yeah ill say im with gareth, you had me really worried about what you did wrong! i didnt want to believe it!!

I shud have known you little tricker!

just glad i cud get you bike legal again, phew what a mish it was,,,

congrats tho!! and Fuk YEAH!!

Meekey_Mouse
26th October 2006, 12:41
Congrats on passing :first: :woohoo: :banana:

ZeroIndex
26th October 2006, 12:58
dammit placidfemme, you beat the boys to the first reply in a biker angel topic :p well done

placidfemme
26th October 2006, 13:12
dammit placidfemme, you beat the boys to the first reply in a biker angel topic :p well done

yeah but I dunno if that counts cause I was hoping to have a bit of a perv...

Macktheknife
26th October 2006, 13:14
Congrats on passing, well done.

McJim
26th October 2006, 13:18
I need to book my restricted soon - can sit from 4th Nov onwards - would like to ride to Taupo at speeds over 70kph so will have to see what can be done eh?

Congrats Sallo - I thought you had your restricted though coz I don't remember seeing your L plate :killingme:!

Animal
26th October 2006, 13:34
Farkin' excellent! Well done, Sal!

Grantasaurus
26th October 2006, 14:11
Congrats.... Can't wait til my Loser plate is gone......
Oh wait it already is, it fell off at like 130ks on the northwestern on my way to my mates place :O
Was going to re-affix it, but since I went and wrote the ZZR off there ain't much of a point is there?

Motoracer
26th October 2006, 14:16
Congrats on passing your test! :)

The other time, I just came from behind and saw a chick's body with blond hair running down from the helmet riding the ZXR and instantly thought, "Ooooh, biker chick! Must show off!" ha ha ha

Panther
26th October 2006, 16:42
Congrats on passing your test! :)

The other time, I just came from behind and saw a chick's body with blond hair running down from the helmet riding the ZXR and instantly thought, "Ooooh, biker chick! Must show off!" ha ha ha

Please, my cordura makes me look like a man. Infact ive even seen a guy wearing the same jacket as me b4 :wacko:
but yeah all in all cool stoppie:yes:

Panther
26th October 2006, 16:44
yeah but I dunno if that counts cause I was hoping to have a bit of a perv...

Care to elaborate?

Motoracer
26th October 2006, 16:48
Please, my cordura makes me look like a man. Infact ive even seen a guy wearing the same jacket as me b4 :wacko:
but yeah all in all cool stoppie:yes:

Thanks. :) To a trained eye, a woman can be spotted even through a space suit.

Nicksta
26th October 2006, 23:28
Congratts chick!!!!!!
sounds like an adventurous 24 hours......
well done!

R6_kid
27th October 2006, 12:00
The other time, I just came from behind...

do you do it any other way bro??? :shit:

lol, she told me she saw some dude on an R6 doing a crazy stoppie up to the lights a week or two ago... knew it had to be you!

SDU
27th October 2006, 13:06
Please, my cordura makes me look like a man.

Yeah but its always more fun watching faces when people realise its a gal thats just past them:innocent:

congrats on the losing the L plate :rockon:
Cheers
Sal