PDA

View Full Version : Arrogant Idiots in Cars

vifferman
6th July 2004, 09:44
Last night, riding home in the rain, I had to fill up with distilled organic solvents as the Red LED of Doom was glaring at me. :eek5:
So I'm sitting there in the middle of the road, in the rain, waiting for a gap so I can turn right into the service station driveway, when this plonker in a car comes out of an intersection on my left, across in front of me, and through the gap in traffic I've been waiting for. Luckily, there's another gap soon after, so I turn in after him. Mr Cockhead is by now performing a weird 5.4 -turn manoeuvre in the forecourt, presumably so he can get his car positioned with the filler next to the bowser. (Hello... hasn't anyone told him the hoses allow access from either side?) At the time, it wasn't clear this is what he was doing; he could have been backing up to the trailers for all I know. I wasn't sitting in the rain to see what he was up to.
So, I ride around him, and pull up at the pump, and hop off. Mr Knob-End backs up behind my bike, and starts beeping his horn. I ignore him. He didn't give way to me on the road and made me wait, so fuckim - it's his turn to wait now. I mean, fair's fair, right?<_<
He gets out, and yells, "Hey! Didn't you see me!?!" So I continue filling my tank. He starts getting a bit agitated. "Hey, ya fucken egg! Didn't you see me?!?" I ignore him, fill up, move my bike in case he decides to nudge it (and because I'm a thoughtful chappy), and go and pay.
I think he wanted to punch me in the head, but there was lots of people around. I doubt he learned anything from this, but it was kinda satisfying.

jrandom
6th July 2004, 10:03
I think he wanted to punch me in the head, but there was lots of people around. I doubt he learned anything from this, but it was kinda satisfying.

He probably went home and moaned to his wife about inconsiderate biker bastards and how society has degraded terribly since *his* day and if he were in charge he'd see to 'em for sure, dammit, shouldn't be on the road on those death machines anyway, mucking up the accident statistics for honest car-driving citizens and stealing valuable petrol-pump time.

In fact, he's probably posting to the Kiwi Boring Shitbox Driver forum website right now about the rude cunt on the red motorbike and how they should all run him off the road next time they spot 'im from a Pajero.

vifferman
6th July 2004, 10:16
He probably went home and moaned to his wife about inconsiderate biker bastards and how society has degraded terribly since *his* day He probably went home and took it out on his wife: he WAS wearing a "wife beater" shirt. And he was an ugly bastid.
Did I mention he was a Knob End?

In fact, he's probably posting to the Kiwi Boring Shitbox Driver forum website right now about the rude cunt on the red motorbike and how they should all run him off the road next time they spot 'im from a Pajero.Strange, that. He WAS actually driving some crap used Jap import shitbox of some bland colour and no particularly distinguishing features. Couldn't even tell you the make or model, but I bet HE thought it was a Rolls Royce, and every other road-user should get the hell out of his way. He obviously had no concept about road rules, considerate driving, effective communication and the like.
Yeah, I was rude, I guess, but no ruder than he deserved. Keeping my cool when he was getting agitated probably stopped it degenerating into a Service Station Forecourt Rage incident.:kick:

jrandom
6th July 2004, 10:21
Yeah, I was rude, I guess, but no ruder than he deserved. Keeping my cool when he was getting agitated probably stopped it degenerating into a Service Station Forecourt Rage incident.:kick:

Well, I wouldn't have said you were rude. In fact, I would have described your behaviour as Admirable Restraint. I fear I might have degenerated into a little Service Station Forecourt Rage in that situation, myself. So few chances in my sparkly-clean little middle-class life to justifiably beat the snot out of people.

James Deuce
6th July 2004, 10:34
Spectacular point scoring mate.

Pity he was too stoopid to recognise the irony.

vifferman
6th July 2004, 10:38
Spectacular point scoring mate.

Pity he was too stoopid to recognise the irony.Thanx, Jim. Maybe it was too subtle? Perhaps I should have gone and explained it to him, so he didn't miss the point?
I didn't actually set out to do that, but I was a bit pissed off at sitting in the rain while he pushed past me, and then I just pulled up to my usual pump, and when I realised he wanted to use it, thought "Fuck him - his turn to wait!"

Firefight
6th July 2004, 10:42
Mr Knob-End backs up behind my bike, and starts beeping his horn. I ignore him. He didn't give way to me on the road and made me wait, so fuckim - it's his turn to wait now. I mean, fair's fair, right?<_<
He gets out, and yells, "Hey! Didn't you see me!?!" So I continue filling my tank. He starts getting a bit agitated. "Hey, ya fucken egg! Didn't you see me?!?" I ginore him, fill up, move my bike in case he decides to nudge it (and because I'm a thoughtful chappy), and go and pay.

Nice one, you are the better man, I showed Mrs F/F your thread, her reply was why can't you be more like that, not always easy, but at the end of the day(its night) <_< no, what I meant to say is that at the end of the day it is sometimes better to get your point across with out ranting and raving and such like, I know when I have had a simiular situation, walking off can be hard, but The feeling after is worth it.good one.

F/F

Jackrat
6th July 2004, 11:26
Yeah,good on ya'.:niceone:
Hmmm,it's a long time since I heard somebody called an egg.
No guessing what his back ground is huh. :rolleyes:

vifferman
6th July 2004, 11:32
Yeah,good on ya'.:niceone:
Hmmm,it's a long time since I heard somebody called an egg.
No guessing what his back ground is huh. :rolleyes:Thanx, Jackrat.
Obviously, he was a Norwegian poultry farmer.:msn-wink:

Now that I think more about it, HE was the egg. He needed to have an LPG bottle filled, so he had a wait on his hands anyway.
Dick...

Ms Piggy
6th July 2004, 11:57
:cool: Excellent work! I wish I could be more like that & also that I could approach people who drive dangerously but, I get a little nervous & flustered and I admit it....scared! Although I did turn around & go & tell off some kids who threw bark chip at me! :apumpin:

Jackrat
6th July 2004, 15:23
:cool: Excellent work! I wish I could be more like that & also that I could approach people who drive dangerously but, I get a little nervous & flustered and I admit it....scared! Although I did turn around & go & tell off some kids who threw bark chip at me! :apumpin:

Mate,nothing wrong with showing a bit of discression or even being a bit scared.Most people like FS came across get what they deserve in the long run, even if it's only in the quality of the lives they live.

James Deuce
6th July 2004, 15:29
Thanx, Jim. Maybe it was too subtle? Perhaps I should have gone and explained it to him, so he didn't miss the point?
I didn't actually set out to do that, but I was a bit pissed off at sitting in the rain while he pushed past me, and then I just pulled up to my usual pump, and when I realised he wanted to use it, thought "Fuck him - his turn to wait!"

I think making the point to yourself is probably more worthy than trying to educate someone who isn't interested in learning.

Plus the point served to entertain us "motopaikas". :)

I chuckled out loud when I read your post the first time.

speedpro
6th July 2004, 22:01
I wonder if it was the same guy who while I was at Chipmunks threatened to break my legs. I'd told his friends brat son of about 8 to leave the other kids alone on the slide after he'd made two other kids cry, and then stopped him from pushing in when all the other kids were queueing.

What a tosser.

James Deuce
6th July 2004, 22:25
I wonder if it was the same guy who while I was at Chipmunks threatened to break my legs. I'd told his friends brat son of about 8 to leave the other kids alone on the slide after he'd made two other kids cry, and then stopped him from pushing in when all the other kids were queueing.

What a tosser.

It's weird. When my son hassles other kids, I'll pull him into line. I never understand parents who stick up for kids whose behaviour is patently out of line.

I suppose the lecture on teaching children empathy and responsibility netted you a threat to have you neck broken?

Actually it does sound like firestormer's guy doesn't it? :)

Calling someone an egg is derived from the play whose name cannot be spoken. When the young prince, who is about to be murdered, stands up to MacDuff, MacDuff cries, "What? You egg!", as in the child dares oppose me.

toads
7th July 2004, 09:37
gotta love your prose mate!, made for good reading, I totally agree I probably would have asserted myself also in the circumstances, there should be an ncea qualification in good manners, and everyone should be locked up until they qualify!

vifferman
7th July 2004, 10:20
Calling someone an egg is derived from the play whose name cannot be spoken. When the young prince, who is about to be murdered, stands up to MacDuff, MacDuff cries, "What? You egg!", as in the child dares oppose me.Kewl. That makes Mr Knobhead my mate then. I'd better track him down and apologise, and invite him out for a beer.
Is MacBeth playing anywhere at the moment? Perhaps Knobby and I could go and watch it together, and become latterday Rosencrantz and Guildensterns, or Horatio and Omelette (I'd obviously be the Omelette).:D

jrandom
7th July 2004, 10:37
Mac#$&*

Noooooooo! You must NOT speak the name of the Scottish Play!

jrandom
7th July 2004, 10:41
Also, wouldn't it have been marvellous if you'd thought to come back at him with "Thou liest, thou shag-ear'd villain!"?

vifferman
7th July 2004, 11:12
Noooooooo! You must NOT speak the name of the Scottish Play!Firstly, I didn't SPEAK it, only wrote it. It's not the same thing.
Secondly, my name is Scottish, so I have a right to, surely?
Fourthly, I'm not at all superstitious.:Pokey:

vifferman
7th July 2004, 11:18
Also, wouldn't it have been marvellous if you'd thought to come back at him with "Thou liest, thou shag-ear'd villain!"?Buggrit (Millenium Hand and Shrimp) - I didn't think of that.
I just realised that would've been the perfect use for my "Shakespearean Insult Kit", but I've deleted the thing from my PC, and I caint remember who sent it to me. :doh:

Heh - MacHomer.:lol:

jrandom
7th July 2004, 11:43
I just realised that would've been the perfect use for my "Shakespearean Insult Kit", but I've deleted the thing from my PC, and I caint remember who sent it to me. :doh:

Heh - MacHomer.:lol:

The Complete Works Of William Shakespeare are available for public-domain download at http://www.gutenberg.net/etext/100.

Wasn't MacHomer marvellous?

vifferman
7th July 2004, 13:51
The Complete Works Of William Shakespeare are available for public-domain download at http://www.gutenberg.net/etext/100. Verily goodly.
But I was talking about this kit - it was a way of creating semi-authentic Shakespearean insults. You selected one word or phrase from each column, prepended it with a "Thou", and applied. So you'd end up with phrases like "Thou addle-pated pox-infested badger scrotum" (or that sort of thing).
Very useful for service station forecourt encounters with penile-featured CroMagnon shitbox drivers.

Wasn't MacHomer marvellous?I knew you would have been to see it. I took the whole famdamily, and they thought it was great.:yes:

Jackrat
7th July 2004, 15:15
The guy wasn't qouting Mcbeth,he was just useing a common prison term for loser,dickhead, ect ect,take your pick, but it wasn't Shakespear. :killingme

bungbung
7th July 2004, 15:34
he was just using a common prison term for loser,dickhead, etc etc

Then perhaps Naenae primary school was a bad school after all...

James Deuce
7th July 2004, 16:51
The guy wasn't qouting Mcbeth,he was just useing a common prison term for loser,dickhead, ect ect,take your pick, but it wasn't Shakespear. :killingme

He was unknowingly quoting Shakespeare. That is where that phrase along with a great many other phrases, insults and even words come from. Shakespeare invented the word bubble. Try to describe how a Hookah pipe works without using the word bubble.

pete376403
7th July 2004, 17:07
sphere of gas below the surface of a liquid, like?

scumdog
7th July 2004, 23:41
Quote:"Very useful for service station forecourt encounters with penile-featured CroMagnon shitbox drivers."

A man after my own heart mr FS, nothing like a cutting description and saves everybody wondering if they can imagine the sort of person you are talking about. :sneaky2:

marty
10th July 2004, 13:01
OMG. on my return home from auckland at about 10pm last night i encountered what i reckon was the worst driving that i have ever seen (and i've seen some bad stuff...) toyota ceres, windows fogged up, lights on high beam behind me at takanini. i had to slow to 40kph before they pulled out and passed me. all the way down the m/way oncoming cars were flicking their lights, the ceres speed fluctuated between 70kph and 130. then at the top of the bombays they were doing 50kph. i passed them and took off, trying to make some space, but no, in the 80k at meremere i got caught behind a truck, and they were behind me again - lights still on high, about 1 metre off my tail. again i had to slow to 20kph before they would pass, then i followed them with my lights on high this time, to try and drill it home to them. no luck. they passed the truck using the right turn lane into the drag strip., and took off - i reckoned at about 150k. i cruised at 105 or so, until the south end of long swamp, where there ar a heap of cones where they're widening the road. here's the ceres doing 30kph!!!! fucking hell. i actually considered stopping them and throwing their keys into the paddock at this stage, but i sailed off into the distance, taking my chances with the HP on a friday night. then unbeleivably, at the ohinewai expressway, they came up AGAIN, lights STILL on full, and disappeared off into the distance at i reckoned over 160k. at the end of the expressway i saw some HP lights, and hoped like hell they had been snapped. i got all the way into huntly, didn't see the patrol car, then finally on a blind bend in the taupiri gorge they had decided to stop for the lights and siren. i was so riled i stopped, and if i hadn't have known the cop, i would have broken that fucking high beam stalk off, taken the keys out, and thrown them in the river. i went off, said my piece, then settled down. here's the list of tickets:
fails to dip headlights: $150
uses unavailable lane to overtake: $150
exceeds 100kph (155k) - court appearance and roadside suspension
drives when previously forbidden (no licence held - ever) - impounded car.

this was the most stressful drive i have ever had from auck - cb, but i felt a lot better knowing another incompetent potential killer was off the road.

James Deuce
10th July 2004, 13:26
cb, but i felt a lot better knowing another incompetent potential killer was off the road.

Until he gets another car.

In a couple of days, with some mates, a screwdriver, and a wire coathanger.

Ghost Lemur
10th July 2004, 13:33
Damn Marty. I hope there is a high chance of that fool getting jail time.

Having been forbidden means the fool has been done before and shows they have no intention of changing. That person imho should be forbidden for life. Never alowed to get a licence, own a motor vehicle or produce offspring.

Mongoose
10th July 2004, 13:47
Damn Marty. I hope there is a high chance of that fool getting jail time.

Having been forbidden means the fool has been done before and shows they have no intention of changing. That person imho should be forbidden for life. Never alowed to get a licence, own a motor vehicle or produce offspring.

But alas, even although a lot would agree with you i doubt that would/will happen.
If that dude managed all that great* driving and was drug/booze free would be suprised, surely no normal(ish) human could make that bad a job of semi controling a car?

Jackrat
10th July 2004, 14:51
Bloody hell,I hope you quoted him some Shakespear.
The things ya' see when ya' don't have a gun huh! :rolleyes:

Posh Tourer :P
10th July 2004, 14:56

Its not Shakes pear!!!!

Shakespeare

William Shakespeare!!! damnit...

Indiana_Jones
10th July 2004, 18:44
Should of Bitten your thumb at him.....

-Indy

James Deuce
10th July 2004, 18:58

Naaah - you need Chaucer for an event like that.

Jackrat
10th July 2004, 19:08
Its not Shakes pear!!!!

Shakespeare

William Shakespeare!!! damnit...

Never said I was smart.
Anytime ya'wana hand lifting something heavy but <_< :whistle:

Posh Tourer :P
11th July 2004, 07:42
Should of Bitten your thumb at him.....

-Indy

Brilliant :D

Oh and Jackrat, it's not just you, its everyone else who persists in calling him shakes pear too..... And it finally got to me enough to post....

riffer
11th July 2004, 09:14
Never said I was smart.
Anytime ya'wana hand lifting something heavy but <_< :whistle:
Take heart JR, legend has it that even Shakespeare had a heck of a time spelling his own name right.

Many instances of his signature were all over the show.