PDA

View Full Version : Arrest in Kahui Twins Murder

Wenier
26th October 2006, 21:52
Finally the police have arrested a 21 year old male for the murder of the twins. Reports are unsure of who it actually is but evidence points to Chris Kahui the father as he was not at work and is same description as man arrested.

Frankly i think it is about time, and i hope that the rest of the tight 12 get arrested for not speaking up earlier. Accessories to murder or something.

Go the police.

Maha
26th October 2006, 21:54
Finally the police have arrested a 21 year old male for the murder of the twins. Reports are unsure of who it actually is but evidence points to Chris Kahui the father as he was not at work and is same description as man arrested.

Frankly i think it is about time, and i hope that the rest of the tight 12 get arrested for not speaking up earlier. Accessories to murder or something.

Go the police.

Have they actually arrested him?
The cops had him in for questioning earlier on the news tonight....

onearmedbandit
26th October 2006, 21:56
No other family arrests they were quoted as saying. TV3 were quick to name him as Chris despite him not being named, but it does point to him. Must say I felt satisfaction as the news was read out.

yungatart
27th October 2006, 07:13
About time, I hope they lock him up and throw away the key, just after they have ripped off his genitalia and shoved it down his throat, utter scum, thats what he is.

GR81
27th October 2006, 07:17

the tight 12.... LOL+est

apteryx_haasti
27th October 2006, 07:45
Story on Stuff.co.nz says it is him and charged with murder of both twins.

I don't even have words to describe what he is. Even my worst words are completely inadequate.

ManDownUnder
27th October 2006, 07:51
the tight 12.... LOL+est

Yes - they are the tight 12... till Bubba breaks them in... :buggerd:

MSTRS
27th October 2006, 07:53
'Tight' also means 'pissed'. Certainly applies to that lot. Good job on the arrest, but what about the rest of those bastards??

Fishy
27th October 2006, 07:53
Should have locked up the lot of them right from the start. Mongrels!

Lissa
27th October 2006, 08:24
Awesome news!!! I really think the rest of the 'tight' 12 should still be done for interferring in the course of justice or something. :angry: They shouldnt be allowed to get away with trying to cover up who murdered those two little angels. grrrr

placidfemme
27th October 2006, 08:51
About fucking time... and I hope that bubba does break him in to prison life...

Fryin Finn
27th October 2006, 10:43
What do you call yourself when you murder your children and then expect to get away with it in a conspiracy of silence?
What sort of respect do you expect from others?

"D" FZ1
27th October 2006, 10:59
About bloody time and they should arrest the rest of the F####N family for wasting police time. No wonder you can't get a cop to respond to anything when F##K knows how many cops have spent 20 weeks working on this. They should charge them for all the time wasted.

iwilde
27th October 2006, 11:07
I'd have no trouble chopping his head off!

iwilde
27th October 2006, 11:08
...And lashing the rest of the family!

Steam
27th October 2006, 11:14
They shoulda been put in jail till they talked, for contempt of court, just like that woman who refused to tell were her son was/is.
There should be no right to remain silent.

Cibby
27th October 2006, 11:56
It is unbelievable that they got away for so long by refusing to help police.

The attitude that they are unanswerable to anyone infuriates me beyond reason..

Why do they consider themselves about the law?

GRRRRRR

Rant over.. Great that they have arrested someone.. those poor lil bubs..

Ixion
27th October 2006, 11:57
Completely different thing. That was a writ of Habeas Corpus. She was jailed for refusing to answer the writ.

The right to remain silent is a very old one. It has been the case since peine forte et dure was abolished. It is recognised in the standard police caution "You do not have to say anything, but anythiung you do say " etc.There are very good reasons why people should not be compelled to incriminate themselves under duress To see where that path ends up , take a trip to Guatanamo Bay.

Be very careful about wishing other peoples freedoms to be taken away. The next freedom removed may be your own.

spudchucka
27th October 2006, 13:08
Good job. He will have to be segregated from the general population of the prison, even the worst criminals have children too.

As for the rest of the family, they will get their chance to totally purgur themselves in court when the trial eventually goes ahead. Give it time, I'm sure the cops aren't finished with them yet.

phantom
27th October 2006, 13:14
He will be kept in virtual solitary while in prison but there will be plenty of inmates with nothing better to do than exact revenge on him and the prison officers will look the other way. Oh dear what a shame. Basically I am a pacifist but even I feel that he deserves all that comes his way and will never understand how the whanau has covered his arse

Clockwork
27th October 2006, 13:30
Oh! He's been arrested, he must be guilty then. Lets not bother with a trial.

Just think of the time and money we can save.

Squeak the Rat
27th October 2006, 13:43
I'm just remembering the aunty that talked to the media ages ago said it the family would band together (as they did) and that it's likely the wrong person would take the rap.

You'd have to have an extremely well rehearsed and water tight story to do that though, with days or weeks of preparation before speaking to the cops...... :whistle:

marty
27th October 2006, 14:43
Completely different thing. That was a writ of Habeas Corpus. She was jailed for refusing to answer the writ.

The right to remain silent is a very old one. It has been the case since peine forte et dure was abolished. It is recognised in the standard police caution "You do not have to say anything, but anythiung you do say " etc.There are very good reasons why people should not be compelled to incriminate themselves under duress To see where that path ends up , take a trip to Guatanamo Bay.

Be very careful about wishing other peoples freedoms to be taken away. The next freedom removed may be your own.

you are right ixion, however there is room for centuries old rights to be reviewed, and there is definately room for some liability to obstructive behaviour, and perjury should be dealt with more than it is. i'm pretty sure the soliciter general has to approve a charge of perjury.

i reckon he'll get off. his lawyer has already indicated that her 'courageous' client (i don't know how she sleeps at night) is going to fight these charges

chanceyy
27th October 2006, 18:15
well i must say i feel relieved that finally someone has been arrested .. but .. do they have the right person ?

will justice actually be served ??

sorry i still think the mother did not show alot of grief at the loss of her babies far to cool calm & collected for my taste. As for the rest of the family everyone who was in that house who witnessed the abuse they are all guilty & no one can tell me that those babies would not have been screaming in pain ..

so to those who turned a blind eye, pretended that nothing untoward was happening are as guilty as the person who actually committed the deed ..

bell
27th October 2006, 18:25
The Crown Prosecution service or whatever they're called in NZ would've made sure that there was enough evidence to convict this guy, so hopefully there will be a trial that does the work of the police justice.

Be very keen to watch this one as to whether there are perverting the course of justice charges laid against any of the others.

Could be hard to find an impartial jury though?

diggydog
27th October 2006, 18:41
bloody good job, i always knew he did it, when you see chris smiling in way where it was a nervous laugh espeacilly soon after, taken in for questioning.

Macktheknife
27th October 2006, 18:52
I am happy to provide the bullet and the lash for the rest of the 12, after the trial.
Bring back capital punishment.