PDA

View Full Version : Re weather

Firefight
6th July 2004, 12:48
Ye ha Fogs lifited, Mr :sunny: :sunny: is out skys blue, time for a blat :ride: down 22, will be at autobahn papakura from 1345 till 1400.

tx 021 21 35978

F/F

vifferman
6th July 2004, 12:55
Ye ha Fogs lifited, Mr :sunny: :sunny: is out skys blue, time for a blat :ride: down 22
You lucky, lucky, lucky sod! I'd like to go for a ride, but I drove the wife's car in today, and no chance of a ride for at least three weekends, as we're going on holiday darn souf...

Magua
6th July 2004, 13:12
Arr, I'd be out there now, :doh: but I mucked around with my rear brake and now it isn't so responsive.

Quasievil
6th July 2004, 13:38
A very rare event but the Fog aint lifted in Hammy yet and doesnt look like its going to today FUCK I NEED A TROPICAL HOLIDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magua
6th July 2004, 15:01
Mucked around with the brakes, seem fine now. Hehe, I think I'll stick to what I know from now on :o . Got out for a 5 minute ride before it started raining.

Quasievil
6th July 2004, 15:28
Holly cow the fog has lifted its BLUE SKY !!!!!!!!! err hang on ................................... oh Fog is back again :brick: , twas good while it lasted tho

Firefight
6th July 2004, 17:00
Yeah well it started off okay, nice quick ride down 22. only went as far as the hot springs, came back still dry, saw a KBer I think (suzi 1000) something or other, waether still okay, popped out to Port waikato, quick coke and statrted to head back, detoured up to Onewhereo(beacuse I can) just starting to rain a bit, on to Tuakau, followed a nice looking Harley for a while, then the temptaion was too much, waited for a nice staright bit of road, do the right thing, funny as I started to pass I could swear I heard the growl of the HD increase, obviously did like some shitty Jap bike trying to pass him, :bleh: , anyway great thing about this bike is..... never saw him again, if your from this site and reading this HD dude :wavey: Nice looking bike.

So home for a drink, and reflect on a good afternoon ride, hope the weather clears up so I can do it again, still have trouble understanding why some don't like 22 ??

F/F

White trash
6th July 2004, 17:08
still have trouble understanding why some don't like 22 ??

F/F

Me too!

Poofs! :bleh:

White trash
6th July 2004, 17:11
And another thing, F/F.

One day, you and me are going to have to go for a decent ride together.

Seeing as we both have a reputation for people crashing on our rides and all :bleh:

Firefight
6th July 2004, 17:16
And another thing, F/F.

One day, you and me are going to have to go for a decent ride together.

Seeing as we both have a reputation for people crashing on our rides and all :bleh:

WT, I think you may be sadly disappointed, I don't think I could come anywhere near you pace, it would ,however be good to meet for the consumption of some rum/bourbon...

F/F :sneaky2:

White trash
6th July 2004, 17:20
WT, I think you may be sadly disappointed, I don't think I could come anywhere near you pace, it would ,however be good to meet for the consumption of some rum/bourbon...

F/F :sneaky2:

Mate, the only thing that disapoints me are people who leave their bike sitting the shed only to look at.

I ride with a large crew of folk down here with varying skill levels. It's all fun man.

But, if you're buying, mines a Jim Beam. :soon:

Coldkiwi
6th July 2004, 18:09
dave... so what happend to that bit about the 'fog lifted'? out my windo it sodding hosing down and I have to ride home in the soup! bugger.

glad you got to enjoy some sunshine though!

FROSTY
6th July 2004, 18:16
Dave -one day please I wanna ride down this legendary 22
MY baby is of course the old north road but 22 sounds a barrel of laughs.
Oh hang on -is 22 the coast road past kaiwaka ?

Zed
6th July 2004, 20:44
Yeah well it started off okay, nice quick ride down 22. only went as far as the hot springs, came back still dry, saw a KBer I think (suzi 1000) something or other, waether still okay, popped out to Port waikato, quick coke and statrted to head back, detoured up to Onewhereo(beacuse I can) just starting to rain a bit, on to Tuakau, followed a nice looking Harley for a while, then the temptaion was too much, waited for a nice staright bit of road, do the right thing, funny as I started to pass I could swear I heard the growl of the HD increase, obviously did like some shitty Jap bike trying to pass him, :bleh: , anyway great thing about this bike is..... never saw him again, if your from this site and reading this HD dude :wavey: Nice looking bike.

So home for a drink, and reflect on a good afternoon ride, hope the weather clears up so I can do it again, still have trouble understanding why some don't like 22 ??

F/F
You just love to rub it in don't you Firefight! :bleh:

I for one still enjoy 22...it's those 'orrible roads that run off it I'm weary of. :sneaky2:

Two Smoker
6th July 2004, 20:50
I prefer 22 more than Old North Road..... But i reakon my favourites are the road to Whangamata, and then to Waihi, just brilliant.....

Zed
6th July 2004, 20:57
...But i reakon my favourites are the road to Whangamata, and then to Waihi, just brilliant.....
I've been meaning to ride that one, havn't done it to this day! :o

Two Smoker
6th July 2004, 21:03
You'll love it, good quality roads and nice camber too :niceone:

Motoracer
6th July 2004, 22:20

I'll organise a ride through there next Saturday. Hopefully you and CK can come too.

Andrew
6th July 2004, 22:27
22 yuck!! I think I'd rather go on the main highway down to Ngarauwahia. And before any of you try to tell me otherwise, it has been known to happen before. :bleh:

Motoracer
6th July 2004, 22:32

F/F

BTW Dave, I had left my phone at home so I didn't get to reply.

Maybe I need to be one of them IT geek contractors eh? Then I can take time off when ever and I should be getting paid good too. What do ya reckon? :crazy:

Na... I hate desk jobs anyway :brick:

Motoracer
6th July 2004, 22:38
22 yuck!! I think I'd rather go on the main highway down to Ngarauwahia. And before any of you try to tell me otherwise, it has been known to happen before. :bleh:

Were you riding with Yamahamaman that time?

FROSTY
6th July 2004, 22:44
I prefer 22 more than Old North Road..... But i reakon my favourites are the road to Whangamata, and then to Waihi, just brilliant.....
mate --one day youll come on a long ride --old north up to warkworth-up 1 to mangawhai turnoff --then 60km of endless windy roads--its bloody heaven

Andrew
6th July 2004, 23:12
mate --one day youll come on a long ride --old north up to warkworth-up 1 to mangawhai turnoff --then 60km of endless windy roads--its bloody heaven
Amen to that!

Firefight
7th July 2004, 06:39
BTW Dave, I had left my phone at home so I didn't get to reply.

Maybe I need to be one of them IT geek contractors eh? Then I can take time off when ever and I should be getting paid good too. What do ya reckon? :crazy:

Na... I hate desk jobs anyway :brick:

Oh Yes, just what we need on KB another geek, yes do , do. :shit:

F/F :rolleyes:

Firefight
7th July 2004, 06:57
Mate, the only thing that disapoints me are people who leave their bike sitting the shed only to look at. :soon:

Not much chance of that ,approaching 20k since december, might be time for a new bike, opps....who said that. .... disreguard.

F/F :ride:

Firefight
7th July 2004, 06:58
mate --one day youll come on a long ride

what do u define as a long ride frosty ??

F/F :shifty:

Firefight
7th July 2004, 07:01
dave... so what happend to that bit about the 'fog lifted'? out my windo it sodding hosing down and I have to ride home in the soup! bugger.

maybe you need to relocate to North Waikato CK,

F/F :yeah:

Firefight
7th July 2004, 07:04

Yeah your onto it Chris, great fun that road, I think a young man from Nepal is pretty keen on that one as well, not that you will get to see much of him.

F/F :shit: