PDA

View Full Version : Peeved off

Pages : [1] 2

Lissa
27th October 2006, 08:55
Going for my first thread in Biker Angels... whoooo.

Anyway, I am slightly peeved off. I want to learn to ride a bike, I want to own a bike, everytime I see someone on a bike, I get really up tight and annoyed I havent got one yet. My rant is, that certain people in my life think I am nuts. I have had all the comments ' you cant handle a bike', 'you are a mum, you cant ride a bike', 'they are dangerous', and been laughed at. The more I hear the negative comments, the more I want to do it. (most neg comments are from Males btw). Sorry just wanted to rant and moan ... :angry:

MSTRS
27th October 2006, 09:01
No negative comments from this male. Go for it. Whose life (not that way) is it, anyway?

The_Dover
27th October 2006, 09:05
as long as it's got a shopping basket on it and you still do your womanly duties then go for it.

Maverick
Yep I drove a car for about two years, always missed having a bike, one day I was adding up the costs that it would take to keep my car on the road for another year and went stuff it, sold the car and bought a bike again.
I guess its something that just becomes a part of who you are, (for me anyway) Being caged too long drives me nutty :)

Dai
Just do it.

Sat my bike licence 35 years ago and have never bothered to get a car version.

Bikes are addictive, indulge yourself.

Watching to see what happens.

Any KBers down that way willing to teach?

Flyingpony
27th October 2006, 09:09
Don't worry about it. Good things take time. Just keep focused on what you want, do some research, save your money and go for it!

placidfemme
27th October 2006, 09:10

Anyway, I am slightly peeved off. I want to learn to ride a bike, I want to own a bike, everytime I see someone on a bike, I get really up tight and annoyed I havent got one yet. My rant is, that certain people in my life think I am nuts. I have had all the comments ' you cant handle a bike', 'you are a mum, you cant ride a bike', 'they are dangerous', and been laughed at. The more I hear the negative comments, the more I want to do it. (most neg comments are from Males btw). Sorry just wanted to rant and moan ... :angry:

People are always going to give you those sorts of comments. You can ask anyone on here, even those that have been riding for years and years, they still get comments on how dangerous it is. Its part of the biking lifestyle.

And yes biking is dangerous. But so is everything else in life... You could have died giving birth to your children but I bet no-one told you not to have kids because of that risk did they?

In my opinion. Get the ball rolling... get your Basic handling skills certificate... then get your learners and get a bike. Its your life and no doubt because of your family you will be an extra careful rider...

ManDownUnder
27th October 2006, 09:11
And yes biking is dangerous. But so is everything else in life... You could have died giving birth to your children but I bet no-one told you not to have kids because of that risk did they?

Damn - that's a bloody good point

kiwifruit
27th October 2006, 09:14
who cares what people think, do what makes you happy :)
you know you can do it and thats all that really matters, innit?

phantom
27th October 2006, 09:19
I think quite a few of us on KB ride bikes in part because we are told not to, enjoy the fact that you can piss people off and yet you old enough that they can't do anything to stop you

Uncle B
27th October 2006, 09:20
Life's too short

Just do it

When is the three week deadline up?........I'm hungry!

ykatochic
27th October 2006, 09:22
Go for it girl - life is way too short for small minded people who try and tell you what to do - I am a mum too and have been riding for six years now (never ridden a bike in my life) its the best thing I ever did - good luck :))

apteryx_haasti
27th October 2006, 09:24
Wot they said!

I got my bike in May and have been glad I did ever since! The only thing I've been sorry about is not doing it sooner...don't let that happen to you!

All the best and see you out there,

A_H

Lissa
27th October 2006, 09:24
Thanks guys... I guess what I really want is someone to be as excited as I am about it... and to say 'GO for it'.. I guess I will have to that person, although my daughter thinks its pretty cool, wants me to pick her up from school on the bike... dont think thats going to happen.

Thanks Placid... good point! I could have died three times over, and safety would/is an important factor for me... not like I'm going to go speeding around the 'takas' :innocent:

As for my womanly duties... hey, men are quite capable of doing the shopping dover.. :)

Oh stuff the negative people.... I am going to make them choke on their words. :yes:

Pwalo
27th October 2006, 09:25
If you want to ride, do it. You don't need anyone's permission, or our approval.

Lissa
27th October 2006, 09:25
Life's too short

Just do it

When is the three week deadline up?........I'm hungry!

That would be this weekend! :shit:

Keystone19
27th October 2006, 09:28
Welcome to Biker Angels Lissa.

I too am a mother. I took up motorcycling about 18months ago. My husband was dead against it (although he has now come around and is really supportive of my passion), my mother still hates it and thinks all motorcyclists belong to Black Power, and many of the mums at school definitely look at me sideways and raise their eyebrows.

On the other hand, there have been many people who have been supportive - in fact most have been supportive when I think about it.

There are risks in riding a bike, and I have certainly witnessed my fair share in the past 18 months (I actually had a cop ask me last night why I ride when I see what the results can be!!).

However, there is a thrill to be found on motorbikes that I have never found any where else. To me, it is worth what risk there is at the moment. Find some people who share your passion and rely on them to support you ignore the rest. KB is a great starting point.

Good luck with finding the right motorbike.

Cheers.

PS. Wait until you start racing and see what the local mums have to say then...:rofl:

ykatochic
27th October 2006, 09:28
My daughter loves the fact that Mum rides a bike - and wants to get one herself - there are risks to anything you do - so just go for it and enjoy ;)

Uncle B
27th October 2006, 09:31
Stop procrastinating (sp) and GO FOR IT
If you keep on fluffing about, summer will be over before you know it.

kels
27th October 2006, 09:37
Hi ya fellow Angel :innocent:
Being a mum as well I too have had those kind of comments, don't let it faze you!
I have not once regretted my decision to do this for me, it is the most selfish thing I have ever done in my life, it gives me complete freedom and I would do it all over again.

Me thinks it might be time for you to be looking for your new bike :)

Deano
27th October 2006, 09:40
I took up motorcycling about 18months ago.

PS. Wait until you start racing and see what the local mums have to say then...:rofl:

And Keystone is a perfect example of how proficient a rider you can become in such a short time. (I bet the track days and racing had something to do with that.)

Get out there and JUST DO IT.

Kendog
27th October 2006, 09:42
For sure, just bite the bullet and do it mate. The most important people in your life (your kids) think it would be cool by the sounds of things, and it's something you want to do, so go for it.:scooter: Stuff what those negative people say, they sound jealous or like they have never experienced anything thrilling before.:shit:
I can't lend you a small bike to learn on, but I will offer you a riding buddy (me) when you have your licence and something to ride and wanna go for a jaunt.
Mrs KD.

hellnback
27th October 2006, 09:46
The wife started riding about a month into her pregnancy (having never even sat on a bike), as you can imagine everyone felt the need to put in their negative 2 cents, but she weighed up the risks and went for it. I know how addictive biking is so I was all for it, she's never looked back. Best thing ever she reckons and I have to agree with her!

(and nothing hotter than a chick on a bike!)

The_Dover
27th October 2006, 09:51
hey, men are quite capable of doing the shopping dover.. :)

I sincerely hope you're not suggesting I put a pack rack, or heaven forbid topbox, on "The King", are you?

who would put a pack rack on a fearsome weapon of speed??

MyGSXF
27th October 2006, 09:57
Go for it guurl!!! Don't give a flying f@#% what anyone else thinks.. it's YOUR life! You don't need anyone's permission or acceptance! :whocares:

I'm a busy solo mum with 2 beautiful boys (4 & 10 1/2) & a student @ Polytech. My bike is my PASSION, my soul & my outlet! I NEED my bike & that's ALL that matters to me!! :rockon: I am in my absolute PRIME in my leathers out on the open road.. sometimes it's enough to bring tears to my eyes to be out on a beautiful day with good friends all sharing the experience!!! :grouphug: I was riding when I was pregnant with both my boys, & my oldest son comes with me on the back.. has done since he was 5! he loves it as much as I do!

I WOULD definately reccomend doing a rider training course however. contact www.roadsafe.co.nz in Wellington & talk to Andrew & Lynne.. they're fantastic, & you'll learn heaps!

GO FOR IT!!!!! :Punk:

Deano
27th October 2006, 10:20
I sincerely hope you're not suggesting I put a pack rack, or heaven forbid topbox, on "The King", are you?

who would put a pack rack on a fearsome weapon of speed??

It might improve the handling and stability at high speed ?

adiddy
27th October 2006, 10:26
a women riding - saweet hhaaha
go for it dont listen to Dover hes jealous :laugh:

u4ea
27th October 2006, 10:32
welcome to kb fellow angel...:innocent:

i am a mum too and have had very few negative comments...luckily.....

...and when youve got youre bike and gears and are living your dream just remember when someone asks "you why are you riding a bike ?"..just tell them...
"because i can!!!!!!!!":yes:

merv
27th October 2006, 12:11
Don't think twice its alright.

Lissa
27th October 2006, 12:27
Good luck with finding the right motorbike.

Cheers.

thanks for that Keystone... its great to see other mothers out there doing it as well. I have thought about what the other mums are going to say... oh but its going to fun to see their faces. :)

kiwifruit
27th October 2006, 12:28
(and nothing hotter than a chick on a bike!)

this is a very good point on which i must agree

Lissa
27th October 2006, 12:29
Hi ya fellow Angel :innocent:
Being a mum as well I too have had those kind of comments, don't let it faze you!
I have not once regretted my decision to do this for me, it is the most selfish thing I have ever done in my life, it gives me complete freedom and I would do it all over again.

Me thinks it might be time for you to be looking for your new bike :)

Thats the biggest thing... am I being selfish, I have three kids. But Ive never done anything for myself, and its well over due. :)

Lissa
27th October 2006, 12:30
For sure, just bite the bullet and do it mate. The most important people in your life (your kids) think it would be cool by the sounds of things, and it's something you want to do, so go for it.:scooter: Stuff what those negative people say, they sound jealous or like they have never experienced anything thrilling before.:shit:
I can't lend you a small bike to learn on, but I will offer you a riding buddy (me) when you have your licence and something to ride and wanna go for a jaunt.
Mrs KD.

Thanks Mrs KD... I might take you up on that offer :)

Well I have some of the gear sorted out... thanks to you know who you are. :) And maybe a bike as well.

Lissa
27th October 2006, 12:38
Go for it guurl!!! Don't give a flying f@#% what anyone else thinks.. it's YOUR life! You don't need anyone's permission or acceptance! :whocares:

I'm a busy solo mum with 2 beautiful boys (4 & 10 1/2) & a student @ Polytech. My bike is my PASSION, my soul & my outlet! I NEED my bike & that's ALL that matters to me!! :rockon: I am in my absolute PRIME in my leathers out on the open road.. sometimes it's enough to bring tears to my eyes to be out on a beautiful day with good friends all sharing the experience!!! :grouphug: I was riding when I was pregnant with both my boys, & my oldest son comes with me on the back.. has done since he was 5! he loves it as much as I do!

I WOULD definately reccomend doing a rider training course however. contact www.roadsafe.co.nz in Wellington & talk to Andrew & Lynne.. they're fantastic, & you'll learn heaps!

GO FOR IT!!!!! :Punk:

I have to say it again... its so cool so many Mums ride. I dont think this decision would be nearly as hard if I didnt have kids to think about. But I am going to go for it... I cant reply to everyone (although I could to get my post count up) but thanks everyone :) Watch this space.. I shall be riding soon.

Dover...if you dont want to get a 'top box' or 'rack' for you "king" maybe just a 'man bag' will do.. bring out your Feminine side?

topher
27th October 2006, 12:39
Just do it. Others in your family may follow. My good wife one day said she'd rather be riding than perched on the back. (Having last ridden a bike in 1980 - a Honda XL100 - she still has a full licence) I called her bluff and bought a CB400 for her and damn me, after a bit of a quiet start on closed roads at the weekend she's fine! The thing is, even though she is already licenced, she's really in the same boat as you, learning all over again. But you both have the "wisdom of years" or "fear of ridicule if you cock-up" so you're more likely to see or be aware of dangers and have a more finely honed sense of self preservation than a hormone filled 18 year old.

Plus there's nothing so visceral as a fang on a bike. You see more, smell more and feel so much more on a bike than in a closed vehicle. A tree-lined roadside throws you smells of pollen, flowers, rotting leaves, the open soil in the ploughed paddock behind them; you really live the season you're riding through. That's what Bert Munro meant when he said "I live more in ten minutes on my motorcycle than most people do in their entire lifetime".

ManDownUnder
27th October 2006, 12:40
Thats the biggest thing... am I being selfish, I have three kids. But Ive never done anything for myself, and its well over due. :)

Not at all. Who are you - I mean, are you defined by what others allow you to do? Sometimes you need to do stuff you want to do. Just you. Not you as a mother, not you and wife, lover, rugby supporter or anything else.

Just you.

You might be unpopular for it - that's ok. Expect it, so when it comes you'll know you were right. No big deal. Others think different to do and that's a good thing. Not everyone likes me riding a bike (as father of 3 kids 7, 4, and 10 months) and that's fine. I simply don't visit them on the bike as I know it does't go down well.

They also know it doesn't go down well with me when they raise the subject of bikes being dangerous, then leaning over that line to state (orinfer) I shouldn't ride one.

WRONG. I can do what I like, taking the feeling of those I love and respect into reasonable consideration. But at the end of the day I make the final decision what I want to do, and what I don;t want to do because the cost is too high.

If you live the rest of your days following the guidelines of others you'll get to the end wondering what it was all about. Look at those you admire - whoever thay are.

I'll bet they've made some enemies along the way. Done something they wanted to do at the expense of smooth sailin in their relationships. I know a number of people that're unpopular with their partners for hanging out/meeting with people from KB. For very little reason apart from them have "unknown freinds". There's a lot of insecurity and misunderstanding out there.

Don't buy into it, don;t bow and scrape to it. Respect it, and start to change it. It'll be hard on both sides, but see KeyStone19's post. It usually works out ok in the end.

Deano
27th October 2006, 12:42
Dover...if you dont want to get a 'top box' or 'rack' for you "king" maybe just a 'man bag' will do.. bring out your Feminine side?

Maurice would love that.

Dai
27th October 2006, 12:45

Dover's feminine side doesnt need "bringing out", there is another term used in common language for the direction in which he needs to move and it involves a certain item of furniture/fixtures usually associated with the bedroom.

At least that is what I have been led to belive from the others posting with reference to him.

SDU
27th October 2006, 12:46
Well I have some of the gear sorted out... thanks to you know who you are. :) And maybe a bike as well.

Sweet :rockon: Just get out there & ride, you'll have all the doubters wondering why you've always got that smile.:scooter:

Paul in NZ
27th October 2006, 13:19
Motorcycling is a dangerous and selfish pastime - erm hobby - um ok addiction. You have to reognise that! Sorry - sometime in your riding life you will get hurt and it will cost you $$.....

So... If you are going to let a few pissant comments stop you now, you may be better off not starting because trust me, it's something you either have to do or perhaps you shouldn't be doing it. If you are doing this just to 'show them' it's probably a bad idea but.... I know from the first time I twisted the throttle on a proper bike there was no going back.... colours are brighter, the sky is bluer and my cares shrink to the fuzzy funnel in front of me - it's like a drug....

Just my opinion. I don't judge either way but it's just one of those 'things' but like everything - the universe demands you pay a price..... no bitching when the bill arrives (yeah well ok, I moan here plenty too)

;-)

Let me know if I can be of any help

Paul N

Joni
27th October 2006, 13:33
There will always be people who have negative crap to throw at others dreams... if this is something you want, then rise above the negative and find the solution. Dont just talk about it, do it.

Up, up and away :sunny:

I dont know how old you are, but I know a lady in auckland, she is in her mid fifties, a grandmother and had never been on a bike, but had the dream like you do, she saw me on my bike at the shops and came up to me and asked if I could help her by directing her to someone who can help... she is now on her little gn250 zipping around Henderson... I have so much repsect for her. everyone thought she was mad... but she knew what she wanted and now she is living the dream. You have a great resource right here on KB... we will support you as you step up towards what you want.

GO FOR IT!!!

MyGSXF
27th October 2006, 13:40
You see more, smell more and feel so much more on a bike than in a closed vehicle. A tree-lined roadside throws you smells of pollen, flowers, rotting leaves, the open soil in the ploughed paddock behind them; you really live the season you're riding through. That's what Bert Munro meant when he said "I live more in ten minutes on my motorcycle than most people do in their entire lifetime".

yeeeferkinhaaaaa dude!! you're onto it!! as was Bert!! :Punk:

Goblin
27th October 2006, 13:52
Then it's about time you did do something for yourself! I have three kids and Mums need a life too. I have been riding on the road since I was 15 and kept on riding through my pregnancies until I couldnt fit behind the tank anymore.

Now my kids are getting bigger I have taken up racing! Kids think it's really cool and I even have my Grandmother's blessing, which is important to me.:yes:

Stick to your guns and make it happen! You wont look back once you're on the two wheels of freedom!

mstriumph
27th October 2006, 16:15
i'm a mother
and a grandmother

as i see it, my duty to my heirs is to give them a good example of a life well-lived ..... sure 'duty' comes into that, but we are each individuals irrespective of gender or age and we have a responsibility to ourselves too ..... the universe has no place for 'doormats' [besides which, they are BORING! :sunny: ]

been riding a long time - as with anything else slightly different from the 'norm' you will always get people whose ambition is to pour cold water on your dreams

when it comes down to it, whose life is it anyway? - yours
and how many do you get? - just the one

it's much more fun trying to live up to your own expectations of yourself than it is to browbeat yourself into conforming to what other people expect you to be :yes:

good luck with it!!

The_Dover
27th October 2006, 16:17
man, there's a lot of bitches out of the kitchen today.......

mstriumph
27th October 2006, 16:26
man, there's a lot of bitches out of the kitchen today.......

it may be hard for anyone to imagine, but the only time i actually MET you fella you were polite, charming and a perfect olde-worlde gentleman!!

:sunny:

and if you DON'T behave i shall have to keep repeating this post ....... :yes:

The_Dover
27th October 2006, 16:26
i must have been pissed.....

mikey
27th October 2006, 16:39
i wouldn want any woman of mine riding a bike. there fukn dangerous.
especially for someone who cant ride an gets a little gn250/sv650 an rides around with her fluoro vest going "im a scared newbie on a bike that i dont no the limits of, and never will, someone pull out in front of me an watch me crash as i grab a handful of front brake or just knock me off. DO IT DO IT"

im at the other end of the spectrum where ill crash from doing stupid shit. which is ok.
male riders progress to the other end of the spectrum quicker, where they crash from going to fast testing the limits. an unfortunately, or i d hope being a chic an all, you dont have balls. dont buy a bike. buy the womans weekly.

andrea
27th October 2006, 16:50
yeah ive had the same problem too the worst was the ex, he said that if i got a bike, we should split up cause he didnt see himself looking after a cripple.(thats if i crashed). anyways riding is fun, its a whole new ball game, if you want one then get one, who cares what everyone says, fuck im still getting the guys at work say that im going to kill myself on my bike. so im like "fuck you, you gaybos, you fags can go back and watch your broke back mountain dvd and screw yourselves up that arse".

Animal
27th October 2006, 16:52

You're an adult. You're perfectly capable of making your own choices - and completely entitled to do so. You don't need anyone's permission, approval or blessing. Their negative comments don't deserve your time or attention, so ignore them. Do what YOU want to do. Now work on getting that bike, huh?

Lissa
28th October 2006, 08:54
Thanks everyone for your feedback, you guys are awesome :) Just yesterday two people commented on the dangers to me about 'riding'... but I know all that, but my Mum said 'Go for it', thats all I need. Ok so I have gear sorted, and seriously looking for a bike... well I have the dosh so shouldnt be too long now. *crosses fingers*

Dai
28th October 2006, 09:07
Thanks everyone for your feedback, you guys are awesome :) Just yesterday two people commented on the dangers to me about 'riding'... but I know all that, but my Mum said 'Go for it', thats all I need. Ok so I have gear sorted, and seriously looking for a bike... well I have the dosh so shouldnt be too long now. *crosses fingers*

Good on you girl. You wil never regret it. Life on two wheels is a permanant buzz. If I ever get down I just go for a ride and the blue funk just goes away.

Keep us informed and I hope to wave at you one day.

Macktheknife
28th October 2006, 13:00
as i see it, my duty to my heirs is to give them a good example of a life well-lived ..... sure 'duty' comes into that, but we are each individuals irrespective of gender or age and we have a responsibility to ourselves too ..... the universe has no place for 'doormats' [besides which, they are BORING! :sunny: ]

when it comes down to it, whose life is it anyway? - yours
and how many do you get? - just the one

it's much more fun trying to live up to your own expectations of yourself than it is to browbeat yourself into conforming to what other people expect you to be :yes:

good luck with it!!

HELL YEAH! Well said MsT.
When comes your time to leave this world, do you want to be thinking "I wish I had done XYZ, just once"
As a good friend of mine said, "My only regrets are the things I didn't do"
Go out and live your life as a blazing example of passion, commitment, determination, and compassion. Anyone who gives you shit for that is really just lacking the courage to do likewise, pity them.
:rockon: :scooter: :nya:

BAD DAD
28th October 2006, 13:19
Lissa, have you got to the stage where you have worked out a short list in your head of the kind of bikes that you see yourself on ?

Lissa
28th October 2006, 20:29
You guys are so awesome.. yes I hope to oneday 'wave as I pass by you.. eat my dust' :)

Well a short list of bikes? No, but I have been thinking long and hard about it. I have decided to go with a GN250... just for cruising around the Wairarapa on, once my skills have improved I shall of course upgrade.. but not sure what to at this point in time. Hmm actually been seriously thinking of getting a brand new GN250, I even got to sit on one today. I have also been talked into sitting my BHST by someone, before I get a bike... I think I remember he said he would pay for it if I had to resit it, going to hold him to that!! ;)

Ixion
28th October 2006, 20:43
You don't need your own bike for the BHST, and the certificate has no expiry date. So you may as well sit as soon as possible.

And go do the scratch and win as soon as you have it, don't wait until you get the bike. The sooner you have it the sooner you can sit the restricted test.

Or, at any rate, be able to sit the test when you feel you are ready for it, not have to wait for some arbitrary period.

MidnightMike
28th October 2006, 20:51
Mines till for sale if your interested lissa, save you a bit of money on a gn250, looks better too. :yes:

Heres a new photo of her:

heyjoe
29th October 2006, 00:23
thanks for that Keystone... its great to see other mothers out there doing it as well. I have thought about what the other mums are going to say... oh but its going to fun to see their faces. :)

Hey Lissa,

You are an adult with all the information you need to make an informed decision. If you want to get a bike then go ahead and do it. You don't need to have any approval from anyone else. Who is it for? You. So you decide.

Don't worry about seeing "...their faces." Remember you are doing it for you - not them.

Get a good bike to learn on and get the right gear to stay safe and have a good time. btw the GN250 is a nice bike to start on. My wife had one when she used to ride. It's nice and low and easy to ride. A popular bike that has been around for years and still selling well.

Have fun and ride safe.

pixc
29th October 2006, 00:32
Oh lissa Im soo pleased for you. Its a special moment when you decided to do something for yourself after putting everyone else first.
Miss 13 thinks im having a midlife crisis. And master 11 thinks its not fair that he doesnt have a motorbike!
Im brand spanking new at riding and its a fantastic challenge. The culture has a lingo that I havent got to crips with yet..and alot of terms and comments go over the top of my head. Being mechanically retarded doesnt help any either.

The BHST is a peice of cake and I actually enjoyed the experience. The scratchy test is daft.Its so basic and obviouse that I wonder if anyone has actually failed.

All I can say is YOU GO GURLFRIEND!!

Nicksta
29th October 2006, 16:57
yeah ive had the same problem too the worst was the ex, he said that if i got a bike, we should split up cause he didnt see himself looking after a cripple.(thats if i crashed).
OMG, my ex was the same.....
now i will only date guys that ride, because they understand why i do....

good on you lissa, get the piece of paper, find a bike you love and enjoy....
those people will accept your choice one day....

McJim
29th October 2006, 17:49
My wife always wanted to ride motorbikes. She therefore persuaded me to do my BHS, buy the gear and buy a bike so I could teach her. She then got her BHS and her kit and decided she didn't like my bike - so we bought another bike just for her. She's a mum of 2 and no-one tells her what to do.

Enjoy yourself - our problem is geting babysitters so we can go out on the bikes.

lukelin250
30th October 2006, 08:07
Enjoy yourself - our problem is geting babysitters so we can go out on the bikes.

little pillion baby seats mcjim!!!

topher
30th October 2006, 19:11
She's a mum of 2 and no-one tells her what to do.

See, I tell LN waht to do all the time. Makes not a shred off difference... Don't worry Jim, sooner than you think your kids will be old enough to look after themselves and you and the Mrs. can ride all you want like we do. If it's fine. If it's not windy. (plainly, we haven't been out much together recently!):sick:

Lissa
1st November 2006, 11:10
Yeah.... Going for my first lesson on Saturday Morning, very nervous but extremely excited!

Joni
1st November 2006, 11:13
Yay!!!! Good luck... You will do great! :sunny:

Paul in NZ
1st November 2006, 12:21
Yeah.... Going for my first lesson on Saturday Morning, very nervous but extremely excited!

I'm going for my 400,000th lesson on saturday, very nervous but still extremely excited!

Bend-it
1st November 2006, 12:29
Great stuff!! What they say is true... biking is dangerous and stupid and all that, but for those who do it, the benefits outweigh the risk, so if you go in with your eyes open, you'll do much better!

If after your first bin, you decide that the risk isn't worth it, then no shame in that either, pack it in and go back to cars... Either way, do it 'coz you've thought about things and weighed it up and made your own decision. Not because of what anyone else said.

Go for it!

Bend-it
1st November 2006, 12:34
Ok so I have gear sorted, and seriously looking for a bike... well I have the dosh so shouldnt be too long now. *crosses fingers*

Looking for a bike and have dosh... do I have the deal for you... How would you like to be the proud new owner of a 2000 silver bandit, done 21xxx kms, sweet condition... some of the Welly KBers have seen it and can comment. PM if interested. :)

Keystone19
1st November 2006, 13:21

Woohoo! That's excellent! You'll be fine.

Just make sure that you don't let the instructor know too early on how good you actually are. At least let him/her think that you need lessons for a little while. After you have lulled the instructor into a state of apathy, you can open up the throttle, pull a wheelie and then slide the bike sideways to a stop right next to him/her.

Mind you, if it's your basic handling skills test as well, best save the wheelie part for another day.

Lissa
1st November 2006, 13:41
Woohoo! That's excellent! You'll be fine.

Just make sure that you don't let the instructor know too early on how good you actually are. At least let him/her think that you need lessons for a little while. After you have lulled the instructor into a state of apathy, you can open up the throttle, pull a wheelie and then slide the bike sideways to a stop right next to him/her.

Mind you, if it's your basic handling skills test as well, best save the wheelie part for another day.

hehehe *cough* yea, I wont let the instructor know how good I REALLY am, telling him on phone that I've never riden a bike before in my life and I don't want anyone else there to laugh at me... I am pretty sure he is well and truely lulled into a state of apathy. He wont know what hit him. *cough*

Ok... no wheelies until after basic handling skills test ... Horray!!! Do the instructors teach that btw? Might ask him! :innocent:

mstriumph
1st November 2006, 14:07
hehehe *cough* yea, .............. He wont know what hit him. *cough*

rule one - never hit the instructor! :bleh:

Bend-it
1st November 2006, 14:35
You could hit ON the instructor... that might help things?

mooks
1st November 2006, 16:45
I think quite a few of us on KB ride bikes in part because we are told not to, enjoy the fact that you can piss people off and yet you old enough that they can't do anything to stop you

yep - my mother forbade me to ride when I was 13 after coming off the cousins CR250 (breaking some bones in the process)... made me a biker for life that rant ... lol I still have a picture of me screaming through a gateway on the farm on that very same bike not long after - right leg still in plaster.... (who uses a rear brake anyway?!?)

Knew it had to be the thing to do if my mum didn't want me doing it ....

Lissa
3rd November 2006, 16:20
You could hit ON the instructor... that might help things?

naaaa hasnt worked before, had to have two attempts at getting my car licence.... but she was a bit of a bitch. :mellow:

rule one - never hit the instructor!

I shall try and remember that one. :p

One sleep to go

surfchick
3rd November 2006, 20:04
trust your instincts and not boring people:
bikes look cool. riding feels cool.
feel the force luke
time to buy ;)
time to be smoooove and not stuck in a hot stinky car over summer

Uncle B
3rd November 2006, 21:09
Good luck with the first lesson....you'll be fine.
Embrace the new world you are about to enter.

Lissa
3rd November 2006, 21:20
Thanks guys... should change the thread title... not peeved off anymore :) Saturday morning isnt coming fast enough, blah should go to bed. If I dont post anything tomorrow I have crashed the instructors bike (prob doing a wheely).. they have insurance right? :innocent:

Btw anyone want to buy a '38 Chev, so I can get my bike... let me know ;)

Uncle B
3rd November 2006, 21:30
Btw anyone want to buy a '38 Chev, so I can get my bike... let me know ;)
Post a pic

Lissa
3rd November 2006, 21:35
I was half joking, but what the hey, if it gets me a bike sooner :):

Maha
3rd November 2006, 21:44
It is a bit nerve racking, but beleive me, once you get into it (the lesson) you will think, what the hell was i worried about....:yes:
I got the bug while in Rarotonga 3 years ago, on a scooter, thought at the time, i want a bigger one of these, never riding a bike before, so when i got back to NZ i set about putting that right, bought a bike first, then BHS and i was away, im on my 3rd bike now, full license, riding 2up and loving it. Should have done this 20 years ago, is my only regret, but im happy with where im at now.........so go forth and conquer Lissa, you wont regret it.....:rockon:

Lissa
4th November 2006, 10:33
Had my first lesson this morning. Ohh it was so much FUN!!!! I LOVED IT!

Just did gear changes, practicing braking and riding slow between some lines today.... but it was sooooooooo cool!!!!! I now need to get a bike, it was so much easier than I thought it would be!! :) :) :) :)

Kendog
4th November 2006, 16:38
That's awesome Lissa, well done :sunny: (I can hear the bug nipping you from here!)
Mrs KD.

Lissa
4th November 2006, 16:49
That's awesome Lissa, well done :sunny: (I can hear the bug nipping you from here!)
Mrs KD.

OMG... I got in the car after, had to remember how to drive the damn thing, still thinking about the motorbike.... Went on the four wheeler this afternoon practicing (pretended it had clutch). Grrr now I want a bike, been going on about it all day... (my daughter has as well... wants a mini bike) Have set a target of a bike by xmas (at the latest) if I don't I am just going to get more grumpy!!! Now I understand you guys a little bit more about your :love: for bikes.

heyjoe
5th November 2006, 00:56
Well done!
Be carefull as you may become addicted. ha ha.
What does a new GN250 cost nowadays anyway?

Lissa
5th November 2006, 09:21
Well done!
Be carefull as you may become addicted. ha ha.
What does a new GN250 cost nowadays anyway?

Too late not to become addicted... :scooter:

A new GN250 cost about $3200... they are going out of production as well I was told.

Ixion
5th November 2006, 09:34
New Yamaha Scorpio looks better, for a new bike. Only a few hundred dearer (about $3700) and a lot better spec.

Lissa
5th November 2006, 09:48
New Yamaha Scorpio looks better, for a new bike. Only a few hundred dearer (about $3700) and a lot better spec.

For my first I am looking at a second hand GN250 hopefully in the next couple of weeks (crosses fingers) for my first anyway. After that.. not sure I do like the hyosung's but I am sure I will be on asking advice when the time arises. :yes:

What I really want to know.. is what kind of helmet to get, been told a bright one.

Kendog
5th November 2006, 10:09
Black or dark colored ones can be hard to distinguish among traffic etc, next time you're out and about, check out biker's helmets and spot the colour that is easily distinguishable as a helmet as apposed to a piece of road or something. The idea is to be noticed, so cagers can see you, (as a lot claim they don't), but ideally try a selection on and pick the one that fits well (the people in the shop you go to will be able to show you what a good fitting helmet feels like, ie, you shouldn't be able to move it about on your head, won't pull up from the back and has no pressure points) and is comfortable. Often once you have picked a comfy helmet there is a selection of different colours and designs you can pick from, they may need to order it in for you. Don't ever buy a second-hand helmet!!
Well that's my advice, sure plenty of others will give you more/different advice. Happy helmet hunting!
Mrs KD.

Ixion
5th November 2006, 17:17
For my first I am looking at a second hand GN250 hopefully in the next couple of weeks (crosses fingers) for my first anyway. After that.. not sure I do like the hyosung's but I am sure I will be on asking advice when the time arises. :yes:

What I really want to know.. is what kind of helmet to get, been told a bright one.

You can't go wrong with a GN. Superb learners bike. There is some evidence that a white or yellow helmet makes you more visible to cages. Which may of course simply mean that they can target you quicker.

Mr.Ed
6th November 2006, 07:03
Wohoo!!! :scooter:

Mr.Ed
6th November 2006, 07:05
Wohoo!!! The smile on your face is contageous :yes:
Now who wants to buy my favourite 'cage' so Lissa can pursue her passion... if you know a friend of a friend or your uncles aunties cousins sisters mother wants to buy a classic '38 Chevy then its on TradeMe (please... she's grumpy enough as it is without getting even more grumpy... DOH! did I just say that out loud... sorry :love:)

Lissa
6th November 2006, 07:23
I might go for a red helmet me thinks Ixion.... not really fussed on Yellow for some reason. :gob:

Mr Ed the Talking horse: You should be used to the grumpyness!

slimjim
6th November 2006, 07:39
some say coloured hat's make poeple notice what is coming towards them, others say nah some don't look, me i wear black ,why cause if travelling with sun at back, i hope that i offer a shadow if sun is that low to cage driver's eye vision, but its a persons own wish, in what they feel, stay aware and your'll live to ride

weazzellboi
6th November 2006, 18:48
For gods sake gurl , just go out there find something ya like and someone to show you hoe to ride it and go for it, jesus christ, everyone else can go to hell, do what you want to do , its your life,, if you wanna ride, well doit, you sound like you aint given yourself permission, and thats the worst person tellin you that you cant do it is YOU?
sorry . my ten cents worth:rockon:

Lissa
6th November 2006, 19:47
I'm thinking a red helmet... going to go in the bike shop tomorrow and have a look... hopefully get a discount for boots and gloves too, because I already have the jacket and pants :D

Thanks weazzellboi... I'm doing it!! Although I'm not going to go as fast as you (did) ..... yet ;)

Velox
6th November 2006, 21:31
Sorry - skipped a lot of the posts - have you got your learners or do the lessons end in a Basic Handling Skills Test type thing?

Gals gear can be a mission to find sometimes because the shops stock diff brands so look around. Helmets aren't an issue unless you're wanting a pink one:gob: (Shoei or Shark - I can't remember).

Let us know when you're officially "on the road" and we get a few of the other gals to meet up.

Lissa
6th November 2006, 22:02
Sorry - skipped a lot of the posts - have you got your learners or do the lessons end in a Basic Handling Skills Test type thing?

Gals gear can be a mission to find sometimes because the shops stock diff brands so look around. Helmets aren't an issue unless you're wanting a pink one:gob: (Shoei or Shark - I can't remember).

Let us know when you're officially "on the road" and we get a few of the other gals to meet up.

No just had my first lesson last saturday, next one is this Saturday morning, going to go over the BHST then. So should have my learners very very soon! And a bike soon!

Thanks and I will diff let you know when I am 'on the road' Velox! Awesome :)

Kendog
7th November 2006, 05:54
That's a grand plan weasel, it's a very good excuse to have another chic ride and meet Lissa all together.
Don't worry Lissa, we're not as intimidating as the guys make us out to be.:dodge: haha.
Mrs KD.

Pex Adams
7th November 2006, 06:14
It your having trouble finding gear, I know this guy (Dusty) is excellent at Custom Leathers. He'll make up whatever you want, colours, style, etc... all made to measure. Plus the leathers will last forever!

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~integra/leda_05/pages/home.htm

In my opinion, you can't go wrong at a price of about $1000 for pants and Jacket either.

Lissa
7th November 2006, 07:35
It your having trouble finding gear, I know this guy (Dusty) is excellent at Custom Leathers. He'll make up whatever you want, colours, style, etc... all made to measure. Plus the leathers will last forever!

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~integra/leda_05/pages/home.htm

In my opinion, you can't go wrong at a price of about $1000 for pants and Jacket either.

Thanks Pete, but I got some gear off Darkman :) last week, for an excellent price - the jacket is so cool. Although I think I might look at some spare pants.... incase of emergencies. :D hehe

Lissa
7th November 2006, 10:40
That's a grand plan weasel, it's a very good excuse to have another chic ride and meet Lissa all together.
Don't worry Lissa, we're not as intimidating as the guys make us out to be.:dodge: haha.
Mrs KD.

That sounds great! As long as you dont mind a slowpoke on the Chic Ride. :scooter:

skelstar
7th November 2006, 10:55
...and we get a few of the other gals to meet up.
I still haven't forgiven you for not inviting me to the last gals ride Weaz.

cowpoos
7th November 2006, 10:57
it wasn't a ride like girls ride bro.....

Kendog
7th November 2006, 11:05
That sounds great! As long as you dont mind a slowpoke on the Chic Ride. :scooter:

You can hang with me, the resident slowpoke!

Lissa
7th November 2006, 11:40

I think you are in the wrong thread Sean... "What makes a man a man" might be worth a looky. ;)

You can hang with me, the resident slowpoke!:done: Cant wait!

Uncle B
7th November 2006, 15:39
You can hang with me, the resident slowpoke!
Your not THAT slow.......well.....maybe.....:Pokey: just joking.....maybe

Girls ride!!!!.....I'd be into that :banana:

Lissa
7th November 2006, 15:51
Your not THAT slow.......well.....maybe.....:Pokey: just joking.....maybe

Girls ride!!!!.....I'd be into that :banana:

Only if we get to call you Aunty B. :yes:

Uncle B
7th November 2006, 15:54
Only if we get to call you Aunty B. :yes:
Dont even think about it

Lissa
7th November 2006, 15:59
Dont even think about it
LOL ... ohh too late!!!

Thinking pink cupcakes instead of muffins for bruce'e

KATWYN
7th November 2006, 16:20
I reakon some people just parrot what they think they have to say
when faced with a subject. Associating the word "motorcycle" with "danger"

If they really thought about it, for example the comments in here
about various other dangerous activities like childbirth they might not
be so quick to condem the hobby.

What about horse riding? fishing or boating ? activites that are just as dangerous
but no one bats an eyelid!

The_Dover
7th November 2006, 16:23
What about horse riding? and boating ? activites that are just as dangerous
but no one bats an eyelid!

fuckin A. my folks are always giving me shit about riding bikes yet both my sisters have had horses since they were pre teens.

at least I don't come home smelling of shit, well, not often.

cowpoos
7th November 2006, 18:24
fuckin A. my folks are always giving me shit about riding bikes yet both my sisters have had horses since they were pre teens.

at least I don't come home smelling of shit, well, not often.
fuck....what am I doing wrong then!!!

Lissa
8th November 2006, 10:56
Grrr went to the bike shop today, to try on helmets.... I have to have an Xtra Large! Cant believe it! Ok.. so the guy blamed all my hair, but if that wasnt bad enough, I have to have size 9 boots... *grumble*

KATWYN
8th November 2006, 11:28
Grrr went to the bike shop today, to try on helmets.... I have to have an Xtra Large! Cant believe it! Ok.. so the guy blamed all my hair, but if that wasnt bad enough, I have to have size 9 boots... *grumble*

What sort of bike have you got in mind as your first?

The_Dover
8th November 2006, 11:31
I would recommend a suzuki gsxr1000k6. they have a low seat height, good road manners and look very pretty, especially in silver/charcoal.

just don't try to wheelie it until you've done at least two trips to the shops and back.

kiwifruit
8th November 2006, 11:37
I would recommend a suzuki gsxr1000k6. they have a low seat height, good road manners and look very pretty, especially in silver/charcoal.

just don't try to wheelie it until you've done at least two trips to the shops and back.

you are actually quite right, its lighter and easier to handle than most 250s.
the only "problem" is the power

Joni
8th November 2006, 11:44
Grrr went to the bike shop today, to try on helmets.... I have to have an Xtra Large! Hehehe, dont worry, I'm not exactly a small head either...

Now that Riff Raff lady has a little pea for a head :sunny:

Riff Raff
8th November 2006, 11:47
Hehehe, dont worry, I'm not exactly a small head either...

Now that Riff Raff lady has a little pea for a head :sunny:
Yeah never thought of myself as having a small head until I had to get a helmet. But how much of your helmet size is taken up by your hair Joni? Lets shave your head and see what size you are then!

Kendog
8th November 2006, 12:04
There must be something seriously wrong with my head then, I have a fair bit of hair and still have to wear an x-small helmet! No brains maybe.:yes:
Mrs KD.

Lissa
8th November 2006, 12:52
Oh good then I am not the only big head then Joni. :innocent: Was starting to get worried... the guys in the shop I am sure were laughing at me.

I thought it might be because of the size of my brain too Mrs KD, but I have an IQ of a turnip so it cant be it. :shit:

Kendog
8th November 2006, 13:13
Re: the turnip comment. You really do like BlackAdder don't you Bob.

Lissa
8th November 2006, 14:59
Re: the turnip comment. You really do like BlackAdder don't you Bob.hehe how did you guess.

Its Lissa...its short for Bob. :innocent:

Kendog
8th November 2006, 15:04
I'm a BlackAdder fan from wayyyyyy back.
So we'll just call you Bob, short for Lissa from now on ok!

Lissa
8th November 2006, 15:43
I'm a BlackAdder fan from wayyyyyy back.
So we'll just call you Bob, short for Lissa from now on ok!

Ummm maybe not.. just call me 'Wibble'. :D

No really just call me Mel.. or Melissa... or Lissa! Ok.

Kendog
8th November 2006, 15:47
Cool Mel! Once this weather gets a bit more predictable and you've got your bike sorted we'll round up the gals (and Uncle B and Skels if they're going to throw their man bags about it) and organise a ride!:rockon:
Mrs KD.

Lissa
8th November 2006, 15:49
Cool Mel! Once this weather gets a bit more predictable and you've got your bike sorted we'll round up the gals (and Uncle B and Skels if they're going to throw their man bags about it) and organise a ride!:rockon:
Mrs KD.

Not sure they can handle it.... but sounds great!!!

Alice
8th November 2006, 16:50

I know this is Lisas thread, so I hope its ok to butt in.I'm sorta in the same boat as Lisa at the mo.
Got the learners a few months back, make a decision on what bike to buy, looked at a few, used the excellent guide to second hand bikes that Sarge posted awhile back.Thanks for that Sarge, some good info.One of the guys I work with worked in the motorcycle industry a few years ago, he raced bikes in NZ, Australia and Japan.He is a motorcycle mechanic by trade but has changed tack a bit now.His advice was most welcome, I also wanted to be informed and be able to participate in checking out the bike, not just stand there going um and ar.

So, now the bikes on its way, after looking at a few second hand bikes I have decided to go for a new one because second hand 250's hold there resale price quite well and I will not have to fork out for any additional maintence costs on top of servicing.If and when I move up to a bigger bike, all going well, and I am into riding as much as I think I will be, then I can handle loosing a bit of cash.Plus nothing like spoiling ones self and going new.One of the beautys of a new bike is that they are so much more affordable than a new car, plus depreciation not as high.Now gear for gals, what choice hu, (thats sarcasim) Anyway got that sorted.Chose a Shoei helmet, my size XS, only 2 colour choices avalible, matt black or gloss black! Aparently they do not bring many small helmets into NZ.Spoilt for choice again!I had my mind set on a particular helmet with graphics in shades of red/white cause I thought it would stand out better on road.I can get it, but not until Jan.No much use having a bike and no brain protecter so will give the waiting game a miss.Summer will be half over.So guess its gloss black which I like, but not prefered choice.It sort of blends into long afternoon shadows perfectly.

Now its countdown time, 14 days until the new toy arrives.
Anyways, what I am getting to in a round about way, is that after I have a bit of time riding on my own and I'm not a menace to others I will be keen as mustard to get together with some gals and go riding.Oh, blokes to, but in the initial wooss stage I guess I will feel more comfortable with less testoserone around.So be good to hear when you lot are going to get together for a ride and I'll see where I'm at in the confidence stakes.I've been reading a thread by some other locals that have been meeting on Wed's, sounds good.

Some cool twisty backcountry roads here in Hawkes Bay to ride, would be good getting some out of towners up here eventually to enjoy our good weather, well when we get good weather, its a bit on the windy side lately, not much rain though.

Lisa, all the best in your pursuits to get onto two wheels, I'll be reading with interest how you progress.:scooter:

Lissa
8th November 2006, 19:45
Awesome Alice.. although you are way ahead of me. (One hour tops Ive been on a bike so far) :)

I looked at shoei helmets myself... hmm rather expensive, and prob doesnt come in my 'HUGE' size. :) Matt black you say... yea got told that colour is most desired, I wonder if my new helmet comes in that? Going back to the bike shop tommorrow.... might just be a pain in the bum and ask for it to be brought in for me to try on.

I hope you find some people to go riding with... maybe you should start a thread asking about it. Good luck Alice.. keep posting. :)

skelstar
8th November 2006, 19:49
Hey Alice:
Yungatart (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=3224), MSTRS (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=1844) would good riders to contact about riding in the Bay. I think they live out Napier way (near the express way maybe?).

Found this 'Hawkes Bay mid-week ride' thread (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=36145) here...be a good place to find some like minded locals.

Velox
8th November 2006, 22:54
Mehehehehehe.:Punk: We escaped.

Gals ride's can incorporate a male contigent at a later stage of the ride but needs to be male-less for a decent portion in order to be a Gals Ride. So perhaps next time we'll hoon over the hill and around a back road and then meet you lads for more of a ride half way eh?:yes:

I was impressed up at the trackday at the number of gals that were out on pretty big sportsbikes! Good to see since it seems most are usually on less "aggressive"/sporty bikes.

Alice
9th November 2006, 09:51
Lisa,
I do not have anymore riding experience than you, all I have done is the rider training course to get my learners.Its sorta scary the thought of launching into traffic with no more experience than that.I got friends who live in a quite settlement on the coast so I am going to get bike to there house then start riding from there on some quite country roads.I have a background in racing mountain and road bikes so I am hoping this is going to help me when on the motorbike.
The helmets are expensive, but in the end I thought fuk it, I am not going to ride around with a heavy piece of plastic on my head.Something lighter and more aerodynamic has got to feel more comfortable. About your helmet, go on, go back and ask them to get the one you want to try, then you will be happy with your final decision.You should be able to get one to fit.

Skeltar,
thanks for that, I had discovered that thread and will be interested to meet up with them when I have some confidence riding.Gonna check out that web cam in mo !

Lissa
9th November 2006, 09:55
Too right! The thought of going out in traffic is kinda scary to me too.. weeeeee but it will be fun learning... got to get myself a nice, friendly, silly person from KB or the rapa to go riding with me at some stage too... and of course riding with the chicks will be great too. :)

There are lots of people on KB who will help you out Alice.. with your riding.

I thought about getting a lighter helmet as well... but I can always get something later on down the track. Also going to get some draggin cargo pants, (hopefully) they look really cool and comfortable.

skelstar
9th November 2006, 09:56
I have a background in racing mountain and road bikes so I am hoping this is going to help me when on the motorbike.
I was in a similar position when I learnt to ride. I think that the mountain biking helped heaps in the low speed manouvring of the bike, and general balance etc. Road cycling helped with the traffic negotiation and general on road awareness. You will lready be in the 'everyone hasn't seen me yet' frame of mind.

Be aware that your positioning on the road will be a bit screwed up for a start. Despite recent grumblings about road cyclists you will be inclined to hide away on the left side of the road and hug the parked cars...you have to be bold and be in the right tyre track and own your part of the road.

Anyway, had some strong coffee and am a bit 'ranty'.

Cajun
9th November 2006, 10:18
Now gear for gals, what choice hu, (thats sarcasim) Anyway got that sorted.Chose a Shoei helmet, my size XS, only 2 colour choices avalible, matt black or gloss black! Aparently they do not bring many small helmets into NZ.Spoilt for choice again!I had my mind set on a particular helmet with graphics in shades of red/white cause I thought it would stand out better on road.I can get it, but not until Jan.No much use having a bike and no brain protecter so will give the waiting game a miss.Summer will be half over.So guess its gloss black which I like, but not prefered choice.It sort of blends into long afternoon shadows perfectly.

My wife had simlar problems she has ended up getting most of her gear from ebay at half what it would cost here. She had a suomy xs race rep helmet landed in country with in 7 working days. She also has ladys size 6 feet, which she hasn't really been able to find boots that fit either, but ebay had them here with in 7 working days, and alpinestars

Kendog
9th November 2006, 10:19
Anyway, had some strong coffee and am a bit 'randy'.

Yeah, I find strong coffee does that to me too!:laugh: Sorry, after Bruce doing it to me yesterday, I couldn't resist.:innocent:
Mrs KD.

skelstar
9th November 2006, 10:28
I've been misrepresented.

Uncle B
9th November 2006, 11:51
I find strong coffee does it for me, I can't resist.:innocent:
Mrs KD.
Oh really :nya:

Lissa
9th November 2006, 13:43
Ok my list of things I have so far:

Gloves (Black)
Helmet (BLACK!) XL!!!
Pants (Black)
Jacket (Black)
Boots - Coming! Thanks B

Learners licence- when I pass my BHST!

umm whatelse was there?

Ohhhh BIKE!!!! Soon

cowpoos
9th November 2006, 13:49
I've been misrepresented.
indeed

.................................................. .................................................. ...

ManDownUnder
9th November 2006, 13:54
Ok my list of things I have so far:

Ohhhh BIKE!!!! Soon

How do i put this politely...

GOOD ON YA!:rockon:

MyGSXF
9th November 2006, 14:24
Hi Lissa..

Great to have a catch up read on here!! very cool that you are getting REAL close to getting your bike!!! :scooter:

Jen:Punk:

Alice
9th November 2006, 16:25
I was in a similar position when I learnt to ride. I think that the mountain biking helped heaps in the low speed manouvring of the bike, and general balance etc. Road cycling helped with the traffic negotiation and general on road awareness. You will lready be in the 'everyone hasn't seen me yet' frame of mind.

Be aware that your positioning on the road will be a bit screwed up for a start. Despite recent grumblings about road cyclists you will be inclined to hide away on the left side of the road and hug the parked cars...you have to be bold and be in the right tyre track and own your part of the road.

Anyway, had some strong coffee and am a bit 'ranty'.

I am concious of my road positiong and I've become good at dodging cars, unfortunately I get to do it a bit commuting to and from wk on my treddley.Only hit one car so far, and a little dog, flattened him, he was small luckily so rode straight over the top of him without coming off, had my shoxs locked out at the time so it was a real thudd.He faired worse than me.Its taught me to have eyes in the back of my head, makes for good defensive stuff.I should be ok with bike placement in traffic, thats one of the things we talked about at the learners course and have I've made agood mental note on.

Thanks for the advice, all tips welcome.

If what you just said is a bit "ranty" I'm feeling a bit self concious.Best get my fingers away from the keyboard and get back to work.

Pex Adams
10th November 2006, 06:21
after Bruce doing it to me yesterday, I couldn't resist.:innocent:
Mrs KD.

WHAT THE F***?!?!?

Some explaining needs to be done here please.. From both of you!!!!

Uncle B
10th November 2006, 09:28
WHAT THE F***?!?!?

Some explaining needs to be done here please.. From both of you!!!!
Trust you to lowering the tone.

skelstar
10th November 2006, 09:33
I hope you've read www.rideforever.co.nz :niceone:.

Toaster
10th November 2006, 09:42
Rideforever is a good start....

Go for it and work your way into riding. I first rode a bike at 31 and loved it... on my fourth bike now (no I didn't crash em' I just have expensive taste).

Yeah, its expensive, dangerous etc etc blah blah, but you only get one lifetime to life a lifetime.

The_Dover
10th November 2006, 09:45
expensive taste my arse, you ride a fuckin suzuki.

get an MV if you have expensive taste.

get a suzuki if you want it rolled, bowled and arseholed.

Toaster
10th November 2006, 09:48
niceone dude.... good point noted! I recant my earlier comment...

MV huh..... mmmmm.

Lissa
10th November 2006, 10:48
I'm 32 glad I am not starting toooooo late, dont want to be a granny when I decide to get on a bike.

KATWYN
10th November 2006, 11:00
I dun know, theres a granny in Germany (she must be late 70's or more)
that rides BMW's I can't remember her name. Awesome - what an inspiration

Lissa
10th November 2006, 11:13
I dun know, theres a granny in Germany (she must be late 70's or more)
that rides BMW's I can't remember her name. Awesome - what an inspiration

Yea Kate, I think its awesome, if a granny can do it so can I. I think the biggest inspiration for me has been the females on this site... esp the other 'mothers', just shows you can be a mum and bikie... without the guilt, and have some fun! :)

skelstar
10th November 2006, 11:24
So youre doing another lesson tomorrow...do you get your BSHT certificate with it?...or do you do another lesson/text again next week?

Lissa
10th November 2006, 11:31
Well.... hes going to go over the BHST with me tommorrow morning (crossing fingers the weather is ok, dont want to ride in the rain). Hes going to have cones out this time, going to be IN trouble if I hit them he said. LOL. Its only an hour lesson, which is a bugger, wouldnt mind sitting my BHST tommorrow and getting it over and done with. So I guess maybe in one-two weeks I should have it.... then go for my learners (reading up hard on the road code). Then its a matter of a bike... which I want to get ASAP (I think a few people know of my patience problem).

But I have been reading about Spinx's fall, making me a bit edgy!

Oh a brighter note, its a great day over here, but I cant believe the snow on the takas!

Kendog
10th November 2006, 11:41
You'll be fine, have fun!

Lissa
10th November 2006, 15:01
Cheers :) I shall have lots of fun!!!! Might even get a piccy of my lesson... will take my camera.

skelstar
10th November 2006, 15:52
L, Id be tempted to put some pressure on your teacher to treat the 'lesson' as the BSHT. If he's going to cone it up then just quietly suggest to him "why dont you just assess me as we go and you can award me the cert. at the end?"

The test is just to determine if you have the skills to learn on the road.

Remember I basically learnt to ride a bike during my test...hadn't ridden one before.

Lissa
10th November 2006, 16:03
I am kind of hoping thats what hes planning to do tomorrow.... I shall put pressure on him, not sure how, maybe do some baking? If I do pass some of the requirements tomorrow, not sure why I would have to them all over again next week.. plus its expensive getting lessons.

skelstar
10th November 2006, 16:07
Just show some confidence in your abilities. Nothing held you back last time and you were eager for more.

Just say "I reckon that I could do the BSHT today, if you have any doubts along the way, let me know".

Ronin
10th November 2006, 20:01
I am kind of hoping thats what hes planning to do tomorrow.... I shall put pressure on him, not sure how, maybe do some baking? If I do pass some of the requirements tomorrow, not sure why I would have to them all over again next week.. plus its expensive getting lessons.

Garry's pretty good. I abused the hell outta his GN and I still passed :) Think I was there all of 15 mins. Your lucky Im working tomorrow or I would come down and cheer you on :second:

oldrider
10th November 2006, 20:24

Hey, I have just read your opening post on this thread, then I looked at your profile.
At your age, why are you asking anyone's permission to own a bike?
You want to ride a bike, own a bike, you are an independent adult person, just go and do it!
If you need someone to teach you how to get started I am sure you will get plenty of offers off Kiwi Biker from members near you.
Now I will continue to read the thread and find you found out just that. Good luck. Cheers John.

Lissa
10th November 2006, 21:42
Garry's pretty good. I abused the hell outta his GN and I still passed :) Think I was there all of 15 mins. Your lucky Im working tomorrow or I would come down and cheer you on :second:
Oh great rub it in... 15 mins!?! hehe Yea, I was going to have a look out for the yellow machine just incase you decided to have a looky... now I dont have to be so paranoid! Yay.......... ;)

Thanks John... yea getting loads of help from people on KB, its awesome. :)

Maha
11th November 2006, 07:43
Oh great rub it in... 15 mins!?! hehe Yea, I was going to have a look out for the yellow machine just incase you decided to have a looky... now I dont have to be so paranoid! Yay.......... ;)

Thanks John... yea getting loads of help from people on KB, its awesome. :)

What time are you doing your BHS, so to speak?
I have read what you are doing and it sounds very much like what i did when i did mine. Does the guy taking it say, its not the test?, am i right?
I think i paid $80 for a 1 on 1 test that took an Hr. Did brake work, slow speed control, (pretty hard) and cone work also plus other stuff, so if you end up doing stuff like that today, you will need to walk away with a piece of paper...good luck Lissa.....:yes: :scooter:

Lissa
11th November 2006, 07:59
I have read what you are doing and it sounds very much like what i did when i did mine. Does the guy taking it say, its not the test?, am i right?
I think i paid $80 for a 1 on 1 test that took an Hr. Did brake work, slow speed control, (pretty hard) and cone work also plus other stuff, so if you end up doing stuff like that today, you will need to walk away with a piece of paper...good luck Lissa.....:yes: :scooter:

Doing my lesson in about an hour. Yea he just said we are going through the test today, will know more when I get there. Although already done the Slow riding and routine stop part of it... and that was pretty easy. Yea its $80 for the test here too, $60 an hour for a lesson though...... Ohhh Cant wait! thanks maha.

Uncle B
11th November 2006, 08:21
Good luck with your lesson.

Mrs Busa Pete
11th November 2006, 08:34

So thats who taught you be a nana rier then. I guess i need to go to him as well

Sparky Bills
11th November 2006, 08:35
Good luck, im sure you will pass sweet as.

Maha
11th November 2006, 08:36
So thats who taught you be a nana rier then. I guess i need to go to him as well

I done very well with the cone work i have you know......:yes:
Pity the corners ain that tight on the open road........:scooter:

Alice
11th November 2006, 09:35
Skeltar,
checked out "ride forever" will go back later and have good read.Looks intersting.As for the "Waiarapa web cam", could come in useful for checking out the weather down that neck of the woods.When I get the bike, - only 11 days to go, so exciting, I have a trip down to Masterton in my mind for one of my first rides.Good roads between here and there for a goof to test out on. Picked up my gear from shop yesterday, finally its feeling like its going to happen.
Lissa,
Age is irrevelant, people are never to young or old to give anything a go.I dislike it when I hear people saying they cannot do something cause of there age, look at that guy from Northland, cannot remember his name, who is in his 70's and does the "Race to the sky" race, what an inspiration, wohoo, its so cool to see people buzzing out on life in there old age.

skelstar
11th November 2006, 09:51
...I have a trip down to Masterton in my mind for one of my first rides.Good roads between here and there...
Yeah there are some nice twisty stuff eh? The road from Bridge Pa, Onga Onga and onto SH2 is a good option...there are heaps of good ones around Pongaroa too...quite a hike though. Remember my first big ride was from Wgtn to Woodville...was only really riding at 90km/h at that stage. Man I was green :).

Lissa
11th November 2006, 10:31
WHOOOOOO

I passed...YAY. It was SOOOOOO easy! *does a dance* The cones, I got on try two, turning the corners, piece of cake!!! All credit to my instructor for that, gave me some really good tips, it even started to get a bit borning in the end! Now I have to get on the road! Maynot be able to wait for the second hand bike. Go for my learners on Monday, and then I might nip into the bike shop and pick up a new one!!!

So please beware, there maybe a Mad Women on the road soon near you. :)

skelstar
11th November 2006, 10:51
Nice. :niceone:

Alice
11th November 2006, 11:56
WHOOOOOO

I passed...YAY. It was SOOOOOO easy! *does a dance* The cones, I got on try two, turning the corners, piece of cake!!! All credit to my instructor for that, gave me some really good tips, it even started to get a bit borning in the end! Now I have to get on the road! Maynot be able to wait for the second hand bike. Go for my learners on Monday, and then I might nip into the bike shop and pick up a new one!!!

Cool, GOOD ON YOU -a lot of the time the the thoughts in our heads do not match reality and we turn things into a bigger deal than they are,well, I do anyway.I have had to give myself little talkings to as I have gone throught the process of getting on 2 wheels.We might bump into each other on the rd one day, not literally though.
My bikes 11 days away. Have you got any thoughts on what you want to buy? you mentioned GN earlier, is that still the go.

Kendog
11th November 2006, 12:18
Well done Mel, that's awesome! So once you've got your bike there'll be no stopping you! :sunny:

Lissa
11th November 2006, 12:56
Cool, GOOD ON YOU -a lot of the time the the thoughts in our heads do not match reality and we turn things into a bigger deal than they are,well, I do anyway.I have had to give myself little talkings to as I have gone throught the process of getting on 2 wheels.We might bump into each other on the rd one day, not literally though.
My bikes 11 days away. Have you got any thoughts on what you want to buy? you mentioned GN earlier, is that still the go.
Yea I know what you mean, had an awful headache today too (not a hangover) just had to keep telling myself how easy it was, even rode around a bit with one hand (wouldnt have done that last week). Its prob just a silly little BHST to some people, but to me riding represents alot more than just that, I am so stoked! I hope we do bump into each other on the road Alice...:scooter: not literally though. :)
Yea still going to get a GN... would today if I shop was open. :innocent:

Thanks KD... instructor told me to go riding as much as I can, which I intend too :)

Alice
11th November 2006, 15:34
Good one, look forward to hearing how it goes.

Uncle B
11th November 2006, 16:41
]
OH NO!!!! Watch out the Rapa.

Well done Lissa. Good on ya :Punk:

KATWYN
12th November 2006, 09:37
WHOOOOOO

Congradulations Lissa, how exciting for you!! A road bike beckons!!!

Ixion
12th November 2006, 11:06
I'm 32 glad I am not starting toooooo late, dont want to be a granny when I decide to get on a bike.

KB has a number of motorcycling grandmothers, y'know.

Lissa
13th November 2006, 10:06
Thanks, Kate and Brucey ... still on a high. :scooter: Dreamnt the other night I had a garage full of Ginnys, so every time I crashed I just got myself a new one to ride... :shit: ummm not sure thats a good omen.

KB has a number of motorcycling grandmothers, y'know.
I know there are... and its awesome. My point was, I dont want to wait until the kids are grown up, and left home before I chased my dream. :yes:

ManDownUnder
13th November 2006, 10:10
I passed...:)

:niceone: :niceone: :niceone: :niceone: :niceone:

Lissa
13th November 2006, 10:37
Thanks MDU.. just off to the AA now to get my Learners.. hope I dont have to book in.

skelstar
13th November 2006, 10:38
Good luck!

Lissa
13th November 2006, 11:19
Thanks Skel...:done: Easy peasy, passed with flying colours.. now I am offical, anyone want to lend me their bike... (jking)

skelstar
13th November 2006, 13:18
Awesome, congratulations! :banana:

Lissa
13th November 2006, 13:36
There are some people I would like to 'blame' ... I mean thank for all the encouragement.. you know who you are. ... mostly everyone in this thread. :)

Anyway... decided that if I dont have a bike within two weeks (patience prob you see) I will bake muffins for everyone! Anyway, want to make my next post a goody, me on me bike. :)

Ronin
13th November 2006, 16:38
Awsome, well done girl :)

Lissa
13th November 2006, 17:06
Thanks Ro.... you might see me out and about, watch out for flying muffins :) Or maybe we could go for a ride sometime... maybe in 20 years when my skills are up..

Ronin
13th November 2006, 17:41
Thanks Ro.... you might see me out and about, watch out for flying muffins :) Or maybe we could go for a ride sometime... maybe in 20 years when my skills are up..

Mmmmmmm, imaginary muffins :innocent:

I went for a ride to the top of the hill and back this arvo just to 'test' the new tires. We could be well working on skills together lol :scooter:

Lissa
14th November 2006, 08:48
Well new bike gets delivered this afternoon.... :) Will have piccys soon for my profile.. Yay!

Maverick
14th November 2006, 08:54
Well new bike gets delivered this afternoon.... :) Will have piccys soon for my profile.. Yay!

Dont forget the Bikini :dodge:

Ronin
14th November 2006, 08:57

So it's your fault it's blowing it's tits off and raining then? :Punk:

Ixion
14th November 2006, 08:58
Personally, I have no objection if she forgets the bikini :devil2:

cowpoos
14th November 2006, 09:00
nah...its mine....coz I had heaps of out side work I wanted to do the on the farm today!!!! fuck it all!!!

Maverick
14th November 2006, 09:00
So it's your fault it's blowing it's tits off and raining then? :Punk:

Well not everyone can have a Weather Geanie :yes:

Haha, nice :shutup:

Ronin
14th November 2006, 09:09
nah...its mine....coz I had heaps of out side work I wanted to do the on the farm today!!!! fuck it all!!!

I was going to blame myself cos of the washing on the line, but it's far more satisfying to blame another.

Ronin
14th November 2006, 09:10

Where did I put that bloody camera?

Lissa
14th November 2006, 10:34
Naughty Boys!!!! Its way too windy and wet to wear a bikini or go nakkid... come on! :innocent:

Dont forget the BikiniI thought we had a deal.... you first!

skelstar
14th November 2006, 10:42
Elvira huh?.... :weird:

Take it easy. Not the best day to be starting your riding career LOL. :banana:

Lissa
14th November 2006, 10:44
Hey... I will have you know, I had help from a friend of yours in naming my bike!! :p Big Mean Head.

Yea... crap day, I blame Cowpoos.

skelstar
14th November 2006, 10:47
Hey... I will have you know, I had help from a friend of yours in naming my bike!!
But hes a big softie and named his bike 'Bobby-Sue'.

cowpoos
14th November 2006, 10:50
But hes a big softie and named his bike 'Bobby-Sue'.
must have been mikey....only he's ghey enuff to call his bike bobby sue....

Sparky Bills
14th November 2006, 12:53
Congrats!

Thats another to the rappa hardcore aye poos.
Good god, thats a horrible thought!

Just dont get Poos to teach you how to wheelie:innocent:

Lissa
14th November 2006, 15:47
Congrats!

Thats another to the rappa hardcore aye poos.
Good god, thats a horrible thought!

Just dont get Poos to teach you how to wheelie:innocent:

Hmmm not going there!

Lissa
14th November 2006, 15:48
Just before she spit the dummy.

Introducing my bike...

skelstar
14th November 2006, 15:51
Great stuff :). That garage floor is filthy...not becoming of a new bike. Even a Suzuki. :niceone:

Lissa
14th November 2006, 15:52
I KNOW!!! But I wanted her out of the wind, and too lazy to sweep it. Got chalk stuck in the tyres already.... bloody kids!!!

Uncle B
14th November 2006, 15:58
Nice Dummy

and Elvira.

Maha
14th November 2006, 15:59
Just before she spit the dummy.

Introducing my bike...

Coolies, just like my first bike......good thing about them is that they have a good resale value, not that you will be thinking of that right now, but they do.
Well done Lissa.......:yes:

McJim
14th November 2006, 16:02
Well not everyone can have a Weather Geanie :yes:

It's not everyone who can spell weather genie!

Nice colour for a GN by the way - 90% of them seem to be red. What's wrong with yeast?....in the right place of course....

Lissa
14th November 2006, 16:04
Coolies, just like my first bike......good thing about them is that they have a good resale value, not that you will be thinking of that right now, but they do.
Well done Lissa.......:yes:

Thanks Maha... I am actually thinking about my Upgrade, like the sporty bikes.... should get some good money for Elvira, when I go to sell her :)

Maha
14th November 2006, 16:11
Thanks Maha... I am actually thinking about my Upgrade, like the sporty bikes.... should get some good money for Elvira, when I go to sell her :)

I paid $2995 for mine brand new...March 04'..sold it in July 05' for $2600 cos i bought a YZF 600 Ya(maha)....hence the name.....:innocent:
Paid $8495 for the Yamaha and got $8k for it when i sold it, its now in Wellington. Now i have the Triumph which i got in July this year so im happy.....till july next year i guess....:shit:

Lissa
14th November 2006, 16:24
Nice colour for a GN by the way - 90% of them seem to be red. What's wrong with yeast?....in the right place of course....

Yea.. the reason I chose black, was because of all the red ones out there, wanted something a little different, and so people know its me too, plus all my riding gear is black. :D

You sound like MDU.... yeast applied in the right places? hehe
Nothing wrong with it, hopeing some people will catch on to the muffins though! If they know whats good for them

Good going Maha... not sure what I will get next.. I quite like the Hyosungs, will see I guess.

ManDownUnder
14th November 2006, 16:31
What's wrong with yeast?....in the right place of course....

Dude you need the whole list or just the top ten.

Let me help get you started...

The taste.
Often accompanied by discomfort.
The sheer inconvenience of it
The fact it's transferrable (especially by those "non-jewish" types)Or did you mean the bottled kind? In which case - you're making a big deal of what??

ManDownUnder
14th November 2006, 16:35
Nothing wrong with it, hopeing some people will catch on to the muffins though! If they know whats good for them

And then there are the ones with that creamy centre... all gooey after the baker's done with them...

McJim
14th November 2006, 16:37
I was talking about yeast extract spreads - tis the topic of the day amongst us in the know. As you'll see Lissa's sig includes reference to yeast as opposed to muffins. Generally the combintion of yeast and a good muffin requires the services of Diflucan but since we're keeping it in the culinary vein that shouldn't be necessary.

Lissa
14th November 2006, 16:38
And then there are the ones with that creamy centre... all gooey after the baker's done with them...

I guess you arent joining my Muffin Brigade then MDU.... Dirty Mind, you arent going anywhere near my muffins choc chip varity

ManDownUnder
14th November 2006, 16:40
I guess you arent joining my Muffin Brigade then MDU.... Dirty Mind, you arent going anywhere near my muffins choc chip varity

Nothin' wrong with cream cheese....

Lissa
14th November 2006, 16:45
I was talking about yeast extract spreads - tis the topic of the day amongst us in the know.Silly Man... Muffins are still better... although I do enjoy marmite on toast now and then, you only have a limited varity (sp?) of yeast spreads (3?).... Muffins come in all sorts of sizes and flavours. :sunny:

KATWYN
14th November 2006, 16:46

Oh my goodness Lissa, thats impressive how fast you can move on things!
Wot a gal!!

Good on you. Pity ya arent in Auckland cos I wouldn't have minded going for a ride with you ( if you wanted to of course!!)

Alice
14th November 2006, 16:47
Congrats and have fun on the new bike.

Lissa
14th November 2006, 16:49
Oh my goodness Lissa, thats impressive how fast you can move on things!
Wot a gal!!

Good on you. Pity ya arent in Auckland cos I wouldn't have minded going for a ride with you ( if you wanted to of course!!)

Thanks Kate :)

You never know Kate I might actually ride up to Auckland oneday or some KB event... I heard you Auckland KBers are pretty cool. Would be good to go for a ride.

Lissa
14th November 2006, 16:50
Congrats and have fun on the new bike.

Thanks Alice... how long until you get yours?

elle-f
14th November 2006, 18:40
hey YA!

i just got a pm and am RAPT some other woman in the Wairarapa has a bike! PM me for my number and we can organize a bike ride any weekend or even evenings - except in the dark at the mo because those huge moths hit me like bullets *L*

Congratulations btw
Elle

Lissa
14th November 2006, 19:33
Hey Elle... just sent you a pm.... Awesome!

Kendog
14th November 2006, 19:39
Nice stuff there Lissa, looks just like my old ginny! :scooter: Give us a yell next fine day you want to go for a tootle ok! :sunny:
Mrs KD.

Lissa
14th November 2006, 20:09
Nice stuff there Lissa, looks just like my old ginny! :scooter: Give us a yell next fine day you want to go for a tootle ok! :sunny:
Mrs KD.
Thanks Trudi,

I will for sure! :D

Mom
14th November 2006, 20:11

UM.........:sick:

But funny.......:laugh:

Alice
15th November 2006, 07:08
Thanks Alice... how long until you get yours?

Finally arrives on 22nd Nov, its been a longer wait than I really wanted but its out of my control, they had sold out in NZ and are waiting on the next shipment, hanging out now.Still the weather has been shit wind wise lately and I would say its going to settle nicely around, :sunny: the 23rd Nov.

Lissa
15th November 2006, 08:47
Cool Alice... cant wait to see how you find it all... went for another ride up the driveway this morning, but I cant even get the chance to change into second gear.... will wait for the weather to fine up, frigg it! :sunny:

Lissa
15th November 2006, 08:50
Heres the real dummy and her bike:

No comments on the messy garage though! (And the coke bottles!!!!) :D

skelstar
15th November 2006, 09:00
:shit: Hope thats not a pillion that you have there L.

ManDownUnder
15th November 2006, 09:05
Heres the real dummy and her bike:

No comments on the messy garage though!

Start 'em young - teach 'em well. Go for it!

Lissa
15th November 2006, 09:06
Cant you see, Breanna is pillioning me!... I cant hop on without her wanting too as well... Maybe in another 13 years she'll have her own bike.

McJim
15th November 2006, 09:12
I find riding bikes takes the years off me

Lissa
15th November 2006, 09:39
Must be all the yeast spread McJim.... what a cutie, and the bike! :yes:

McJim
15th November 2006, 09:50
Why thanks ee kindly nice lady. He looks much bigger in his leathers though (see profile pic).

You and your daughter seem to be enjoying your black 2 fiddy too!

Maverick
15th November 2006, 09:52
Hey Jamie,
you should tell them what Alex was doing the other day when you had him sitting on the crazy frog (vroom vroom) :yes:

limbimtimwim
15th November 2006, 09:53
Yay, a bike.

Lissa
15th November 2006, 09:56
Ohhh he looks cute in the leathers too McJim, so wheres a pic of you?

What the hell... my thread has been taken over by the Yeast Spreaders! Whats one muffin against so many? :shit:

Ronin
15th November 2006, 09:58
Ohhh he looks cute in the leathers too McJim, so wheres a pic of you?

What the hell... my thread has been taken over by the Yeast Spreaders! Whats one muffin against so many? :shit:

Ohhhhh, my moneys on the muffin every time :innocent:

ManDownUnder
15th November 2006, 10:11

There's no comparison... don't worry. Vegemite is made from a by product of beer manufacture, and if it's anything like the only other beer by product I know of.. well... need I say more?

Muffins on the other hand... well... I won't repeat myself but I hold them in high esteem!

Maverick
15th November 2006, 10:19
We have three cats, Marmite, Muffin and Mustard.
:yes:

ManDownUnder
15th November 2006, 10:37
We have three cats, Marmite, Muffin and Mustard.
:yes:

...mmm....

SDU
15th November 2006, 11:04
:rockon: Enjoy your new bike. Go forth & explore :scooter:
Won't be long before you are teaching the little one how to ride.

Lissa
15th November 2006, 16:30
:rockon: Enjoy your new bike. Go forth & explore :scooter:
Won't be long before you are teaching the little one how to ride.

Thanks SDU... its so much fun!

Wore my gear, went around the trampoline, dodged the bikes and rackets on the driveway, and the kids. Practiced moving up to second gear and third, breaking. I think I stayed on it for about an hour.. poor bikie. Going to ride around to my parents tonight (if I pluck up the courage) and surpise them. :shutup:

Maha
15th November 2006, 16:36
...mmm....

:psst: Have you noticed that some...:whistle: 250 riders have this ' Marmite/Vegemite/Bovril thing going on?.... what are we missing out on?..:crybaby:

KATWYN
15th November 2006, 16:36
Wore my gear, went around the trampoline, dodged the bikes and rackets on the driveway, and the kids. :

You are doing well! going slow around obstacles and staying upright is a challenge.

Good luck on surprising the parents....

Lissa
15th November 2006, 16:48
:psst: Have you noticed that some...:whistle: 250 riders have this ' Marmite/Vegemite/Bovril thing going on?.... what are we missing out on?..:crybaby:

Join my Muffin Cult then... I accept everyone!!

Thanks Kate... off to ride again! :)

elle-f
15th November 2006, 18:50
OMG dont tell me i texted the wrong number HAHA i just got in from masterton and its a great riding night up there.

Ronin
15th November 2006, 19:24
OMG dont tell me i texted the wrong number HAHA i just got in from masterton and its a great riding night up there.

Yeah it is. Cleared up just as I left town lol.

Got a short ride in tonite though.