PDA

View Full Version : So where's the report on the Kaipara 200??

merv
27th October 2006, 12:15
I thought someone that went was going to do a write up and then pray tell what happened to Oscar's bike?

Motu also said when Big Dave posted a story he might add his tale of woe.

I looked at your pics on your site Big Dave and I've seen Garry W's post on ADVRider, but where's the KB exclusive?

Had lunch today with a few KB'ers including some that went on the ride so I heard a few stories.

Motu
27th October 2006, 14:26
I'm a bit reluctant to start one myself,I was only a bit player and didn't finish the day....and I only have one photo as I was running at the back all day.I'll have a crack tonight maybe.

Big Dave
27th October 2006, 16:52
I'm a bit reluctant to start one myself,I was only a bit player and didn't finish the day....and I only have one photo as I was running at the back all day.I'll have a crack tonight maybe.

Chris is writing the KR bit.
$10 at your news stand.

merv
27th October 2006, 16:55
No worries about that Big Dave I've been a loyal subsciber from the start so no news stand for this boy, but what about the KB exclusive and Oscar has gone all quiet? Did his Ka Toom go Ka Boom or something?

Oscar
27th October 2006, 17:39
No worries about that Big Dave I've been a loyal subsciber from the start so no news stand for this boy, but what about the KB exclusive and Oscar has gone all quiet? Did his Ka Toom go Ka Boom or something?

DON'T GO THERE

Garry.W
27th October 2006, 18:59
DON'T GO THERE

Go here instead, http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175929

Merv, I figured posting once on ADVrider and whacking a link in another thread on KB would do. We did enjoy ourselves, maybe you'll make the next one :yes:

merv
27th October 2006, 19:18
Yeah but Garry you told us about the ride up and back but where's the real ride story?

Garry.W
30th October 2006, 07:10
Yeah but Garry you told us about the ride up and back but where's the real ride story?

My camera died on the Sunday, notwithstanding a brilliant ride. I'll let someone else tell the tale because without pictures you just can't do it justice. Dave Cohen has plenty of pics if that's what you want - check out his website at http://www.davidcohen.co.nz/ and hit the Kapara 200 link.

Cheers,
Garry

chris
30th October 2006, 11:01
Chris is writing the KR bit.
It's gonna be brief though. I reckoned putting more pics in instead of words would be the go.

PLUG
30th October 2006, 18:55
I thought someone that went was going to do a write up

... doesn't look like we are going to get one ... musta been a stink ride ...

Garry.W
31st October 2006, 11:55
musta been a stink ride ...

You would be kidding of course Plug.

There is another link started by Dave with a few words and pictures of the ride at http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175603 - and yes, it's my bike upside down at the bottom of the steps beach side of the Marakopa tunnel, at least I tried :yes:

merv
31st October 2006, 12:21
Nice one guys, that's what we were looking for.

I wonder if Spank and the other mods bother reading your comments over there? I for one am totally against bureaucratic imposition of rules so I can understand your sentiments but it isn't something that I've had trouble with here anyway.

Oscar
31st October 2006, 12:24
Nice one guys, that's what we were looking for.

I wonder if Spank and the other mods bother reading your comments over there? I for one am totally against bureaucratic imposition of rules so I can understand your sentiments but it isn't something that I've had trouble with here anyway.

I don't think it matters, most of the guys who made the comments aren't coming back here. I agree with what was said, BTW.

PLUG
31st October 2006, 13:15
You would be kidding of course Plug.

There is another link started by Dave with a few words and pictures of the ride at http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175603 - and yes, it's my bike upside down at the bottom of the steps beach side of the Marakopa tunnel, at least I tried :yes:

... cheers GW ... the baited hook worked again ... just what i was looking for ... the dakars bounce well & come back for more ...

merv
31st October 2006, 14:55
Nice one Oscar - you find out what's wrong with your bike i.e. what and how much to fix?

Oscar
31st October 2006, 14:58
Nice one Oscar - you find out what's wrong with your bike i.e. what and how much to fix?

Not sure what's wrong wid it - Stephen Briggs is looking at it now.
Probably a selector fork or summat similar.
Whatever it is should be covered by warranty.

Big Dave
31st October 2006, 16:17
I wonder if Spank and the other mods bother reading your comments over there?

I'm over whatever was sticking in my craw that day. Don't even recall what it was now.

Wasn't Spank or rules - just some post had my cranky pants on.

Big Dave
31st October 2006, 16:18
Not sure what's wrong wid it - Stephen Briggs is looking at it now.
Probably a selector fork or summat similar.
Whatever it is should be covered by warranty.

Didn't Murray suspect loose bolt on the selector mechanism - known issue even maybe?

Oscar
31st October 2006, 16:51
Didn't Murray suspect loose bolt on the selector mechanism - known issue even maybe?

Yeah, I forgotten about that...I must have been a bit under the weather..Ah well, thye'll have it in bits by now and all will be revealed.