PDA

View Full Version : Seen on the back of Mitisi van in Feilding

White trash
6th July 2004, 15:26
DRIFTERS ARE HOMOS!

Two angry looking white fellahs driving with two bikes in tow.

Any one we know? <_<

Hooks
6th July 2004, 15:50
Yeah well if was a red one then I guess it might have been the guys from Wanganui that had the really short ride round the track :Oops: and then taped their camera to your bike !!!!

Cajun
6th July 2004, 15:52
hahahh thats classic, and drifters are homos

White trash
6th July 2004, 17:01
Yeah well if was a red one then I guess it might have been the guys from Wanganui that had the really short ride round the track :Oops: and then taped their camera to your bike !!!!

Nah. A blue 4WD one with a rental trailer on the back. I believe they may have been abusing each mud covered car that drove past too....

spudchucka
6th July 2004, 20:42
DRIFTERS ARE HOMOS!
Yup!! Take Manfield the other day, there was one or maybe two guys who could actually drift it properly - the rest were just idiots. They are good for a laugh though.

Kickaha
6th July 2004, 21:12
Went to the D1 event at Ruapuna on Sunday,some of the top guys were very impressive with ther car control,getting it sideways at the 100 metre mark to set up for the hairpin.

On the Monday one of the guys from work who did some of the car setup for the local guys said the top guy was using the full track width drifting side to side and smoking it up the length of the straight.

Out of 14-16 cars there were really only 4-5 that were worth watching.

wkid_one
6th July 2004, 21:21
Still remember when Slim and I were sitting on the tyre on the infield of Castrol corner at Puke and one of the V8 Falcons testing for the following weeks summer series was running between the bike sessions - he drifted the whole two right handers perfectly - fuck it looked good. (Ho Hoon was there - he visited us 2 times at the tyre trying to perfect his braking point in to the left hander)

spudchucka
6th July 2004, 21:37
Its very impressive when done well, if its done by a lame arse wannabe in a piece of shit car its just a joke. Some clown was trying to drift a front wheel drive Honda Civic at Manfield on Sunday. :puke:

Slim
6th July 2004, 21:53
Still remember when Slim and I were sitting on the tyre on the infield of Castrol corner at Puke and one of the V8 Falcons testing for the following weeks summer series was running between the bike sessions - he drifted the whole two right handers perfectly - fuck it looked good.
Yep. That was pure class. :cool2: :2thumbsup

Kinda like watching the WSBK guys smoking the rear tyres through just about every corner, especially at Phillip Island. :D

Deano
7th July 2004, 17:17
DRIFTERS ARE HOMOS!

Any one we know? <_<

lol.

Someone in Wgtn added to it later that night - "no we're not".

No smashed windows but...

Wenier
8th July 2004, 19:16
you gotta remember that the ones who cant drift well now might be trying to get better so they can get in the competition. Im not a drifter so dont think that me standing up for them makes me a crap drifter.

If they are doin it in a FWD then yea they are stupid, but the rest hey at least they are trying. they do have drift sessions at manfield for that reason.

FROSTY
8th July 2004, 20:38
Grumpy gary at pukie thinks them drift guys are a bit of fun.He will leave em burried up to their bellys in mud for about 10 minutes of their 20 minute session.
He says--ahh fuggem-messin up my track.
Mind you they were good for pumpin the water off the entry to castrol

Skyryder
8th July 2004, 20:55
DRIFTERS ARE HOMOS!

Think they have a different meaning for the word. Did they have sunburnt necks. Has been known at this time of year. With signs such as these a dead givaway.

Skyryder

Deano
9th July 2004, 08:31
The thing that gets on my wick is that a yellow flag was ignored by one who nearly followed another off the road - could have been pretty ugly if they had met.

And why the need after running off the track to do a big donut back onto the track, dragging mud and grass with them ? Couldn't they come back on sedately, bringing less crap with them ? RESPECT !!

The organisers could have played a bigger role in requesting that they try not to drag mud back on, and also have a quick sweep up after each drift session.

Kickaha
9th July 2004, 09:41
The thing that gets on my wick is that a yellow flag was ignored by one who nearly followed another off the road - could have been pretty ugly if they had met.

And why the need after running off the track to do a big donut back onto the track, dragging mud and grass with them ? Couldn't they come back on sedately, bringing less crap with them ? RESPECT !!

The organisers could have played a bigger role in requesting that they try not to drag mud back on, and also have a quick sweep up after each drift session.

I think the Drifters were banned from Taupo after such behaviour.

At Ruapunas first organsied practice day a drivers briefing was held and they were told that behaviour wouldn't be tolerated and a couple of guys were spoken to regarding their off antics when they ran off the track.

If they are going to behave in such a fashion the track management should be laying down the rules regarding track hire and what is expected from the drifters including cleaning the track afterward if neccesary and this should be put to the drivers at a pre practice briefing.

spudchucka
9th July 2004, 20:47
At least they have a drifters only session now because they used to F**k it up for all the non drifters before.

Probably because its all about being / looking cool to your mates rather than actually being about driving skill.

The organisers could have played a bigger role in requesting that they try not to drag mud back on, and also have a quick sweep up after each drift session
Yeah, give the little pricks a broom each and make them clean up their mess. I'd go along just to see that!!!