PDA

View Full Version : Cow shit??

madmatt
27th October 2006, 16:27
I thought the truckies were supposed to have dump sites for there waste when transporting stock? was following a truck on my ride out to the coast today and my god !!!! I recon it makes the corners a little bit dodgey ay, just my opinion..

Maha
27th October 2006, 16:35
They spray that shit all over the place, up this way there's a stretch of road called ''the Dome valley'' and you can always count on cow shit being there somewhere, the Dome is a high accident spot as it is, not that the effluent is the main cause, but us bikers sure dont need the added risk....:angry:

Wasp
27th October 2006, 17:11
we've had crap on the takas once....

soundbeltfarm
27th October 2006, 17:34
Trucks do have dump sites.
But us farmers are as much to blame.
cows are meant to be stood off pasture for ahile before trucking ( not sure of hours , cant remember)
So they clean out and dont shit as much in transit.
But most just bring them to the yards about 30 mins before cartage or just when truck arrive

Motig
27th October 2006, 18:48
Watch that cowshit. I remember years ago a guy doing a show off blat away from a stop sign on a Mach1 500 Kawa, back wheel hit the cow shit, one embarrased and concussed rider but us watchers thought it a hell of laugh.

cowpoos
28th October 2006, 08:46
4hrs

.................................................. .................................................. ..

Flatcap
28th October 2006, 17:05
cows are meant to be stood off pasture for ahile before trucking ( not sure of hours , cant remember)
So they clean out and dont shit as much in transit.
But most just bring them to the yards about 30 mins before cartage or just when truck arrive

I sure as hell would be shitting myself if I was off to the Works...

sunhuntin
28th October 2006, 17:28
flying bits of cow shit make open faced lids not so much fun. never seen one actually dump their shit all over the road though.

AllanB
28th October 2006, 20:09
Canterbury used to smell nice - now it smells like cow shit - hit a patch on the open road a while back and spun-up the rear wheel - Ok in a straight line.

I thought all those trucks were meant to be self contained for that type of stuff.

Sheep appear to constantly shit when being followed by a bike. I like to help the farmer move them along the road from paddock to paddock, they appear to run faster with a throttle blip.........

Imagine if people walked along shitting where ever and when ever - the country would look like Manchester St in CHCH after a footy match.

lukelin250
30th October 2006, 08:03
They spray that shit all over the place, up this way there's a stretch of road called ''the Dome valley'' and you can always count on cow shit being there somewhere, the Dome is a high accident spot as it is, not that the effluent is the main cause, but us bikers sure dont need the added risk....:angry:

yeah that dome valley is like riding into and out of hell,the amount of deaths there,last thing you need is shit on a corner,,,its just shit really innit!!! :yes:

Deano
30th October 2006, 08:35
I believe they are mean't to have holding tanks, but that's no use if the cow's arse is against the side of the truck and it sprays out.

I raised this at the Safe As workshops as a hazard to bikers and suggested the tanks be checked as adequate during COF.

Report the trucks rego to the Police for an insecure load.

ManDownUnder
30th October 2006, 08:42
4hrs

.................................................. .................................................. ..

Bullshit! :rofl:

topher
30th October 2006, 08:55
That's not a bad plan - to report as having insecure load. Sadly, with advancing years my memory's got somewhat unreliable and while I can text while driving the cage it's a bit of a mission on the bike.

Cows are basically shit factories and the arsehole is the overflow. When they walk up hills they invariably shit more, proving the point. On a truck the cattle facing across the truck will shit going round corners if their arse is pointing to the outside of the corner, the one's facing out get a sick expression on their face. Similar effect on the fore and aft facing beasties during acceleration/deceleration.:sick:

McJim
30th October 2006, 09:02
This is just part of the price we pay for steak and burgers.

Korea
30th October 2006, 14:07
I was following a cattle truck once, getting ready for an overtake when some of the coos let me have it~ the spray ricoheted off the road surface into a fine mist that evenly splattered me head to toe. Stinky.

terbang
30th October 2006, 14:50
Riding in company with a mate of mine we got stuck behind a cattle truck on SH39. My mate got a small break in the traffic and let it rip with his ZRX1200 fitted with a yoshi pipe as he overtook them. Bloody cows must have all got a fright with the noise because just after he had gone past all this yellowish/brown liquid poured out the back of the truck all over me.

slimjim
30th October 2006, 16:54
yup , and alot of the stock units have air dump valves so that the driver can dump from inside of this truck without stopping, just by flicking a switch,and yup been sprayed too by the trailer's tank been overflowing, hard too wash off leathers and bike :dodge: haha

Mom
30th October 2006, 17:01
flying bits of cow shit make open faced lids not so much fun. never seen one actually dump their shit all over the road though.

I have had the dubious pleasure of commuting for a few years in the wake of stock trucks.........trust me they do dump shit all the time..........nothing like arriving at work (open face helmet) too scared to open your mouth to say hi to anyone till you can wash off the cute green makeup......:sick:

I even write to my MP regularly about the problem.......it is dangerous on the road, is one of my pet hates and seriously pisses me off!
*rant over*

Timber020
30th October 2006, 21:30
When I was driving stock trucks it was my understanding that it was illeagal to have a dump that was operable from the cab. I never saw one that didnt require the driver to open manually by walking to where the tanks were located.