PDA

View Full Version : Help!

gt244
6th July 2004, 17:22
Hi there, when i put my bike into gear, the bike doesnt go anywhere-feels like something is slipping inside the engine. When you lift the back of the bike off the ground, the rear tyres still spin but once the weight goes on back on the tyres, the tyre stops. Anyone have any ideas what the problem may be? and how to fix it? Possibly the pressure plate? Cheers (engine is a kawasaki 200).

White trash
6th July 2004, 17:36
Hi there, when i put my bike into gear, the bike doesnt go anywhere-feels like something is slipping inside the engine. When you lift the back of the bike off the ground, the rear tyres still spin but once the weight goes on back on the tyres, the tyre stops. Anyone have any ideas what the problem may be? and how to fix it? Possibly the pressure plate? Cheers (engine is a kawasaki 200).

Inproperly adjusted clutch or a rooted clutch.

moko
6th July 2004, 17:39
Presuming it worked once then it sounds as if you`ve got chronic clutch-slip,if it`s that bad could be broken springs or plates breaking up.I say presuming it worked once as on your little info panel it says you have no bike so perhaps you`ve only just bought it.If so take it back where it came from if it was from a dealer.If your lucky you`ve got it privately from some dork who stuffed up his clutch adjustment and a bit of playing around will sort it,maybe you did it yourself?Whatever,it sounds as if you maybe havn`t got the experience or confidence to play around with it yourself as you dont mention having tried anything to sort it.Nothing wrong with that,dont be too proud to ask another Biker,better yet get someone to watch over you while telling you how to do it yourself,if adjusting it dosn`t work then unless you`ve got a mechanically competent mate you`ll need professional help,if so find yourself a shop on personal recommendation not who`s got the biggest ad in the Yellow Pages.

FROSTY
6th July 2004, 17:39
ditto the rooted clutch -maybee just maybee a knackered clutch cable

Jackrat
6th July 2004, 17:41
What WT said.
Can be fixed with copeius amounts of $$$$$$
Sorry.

FROSTY
6th July 2004, 17:58
hang on a mo--did you say tyreS as in plural Is it a quad with a centrifugal clutch? You do know they dont drive at idle in gear and sometimes need a bit of throttle to get motivated

Paul in NZ
6th July 2004, 18:12
This has gotta be a wind up?

If not... I'll help any biker in need but smells of a quad... If so.. Take it to a bike shop...

Paul in NZ

Bleck K6
6th July 2004, 20:43
Has the bike got a cut off if the side stand is down?if so it might have a dodgy switch.

fastford111
6th July 2004, 21:54
sounds like you aint going any where fast ha ha ha ha :laugh:

Wenier
6th July 2004, 22:04
Has the bike got a cut off if the side stand is down?if so it might have a dodgy switch.

If it was the cut off the bike would turn off whereas he has said it cant move itself unless the tyre so no friction from the ground.

Im also a bit confused to whether this is a quad or wut as he used tyres not tyre. Otherwise id say rooted clutch but if ya lucky itll b the springs or adjustment.

Bleck K6
6th July 2004, 22:18
If it was the cut off the bike would turn off whereas he has said it cant move itself unless the tyre so no friction from the ground.

Im also a bit confused to whether this is a quad or wut as he used tyres not tyre. Otherwise id say rooted clutch but if ya lucky itll b the springs or adjustment.

yeah your right,didnt read it properly.
cheers

Posh Tourer :P
7th July 2004, 17:32
Rear tyres always spin when in neutral and off the ground just due to minor clutch slippage..... (or grabbage if you want to look at it that way)