crack
28th October 2006, 01:54
Your KIDS can drive this:

A mate sent me these photos;

Hope they work out.

:love: :love: :rockon: :dodge: :scooter:

iwilde
28th October 2006, 06:21
Is itb a left hand drive, or a right hand drive?

Steam
28th October 2006, 07:28
It won't fly my friend.
Why do car-company geeks keep trying to redesign car controls? It's like trying to assign a new letter arrangement on the keyboard, people don't like it because they already know the old way.
Another stupid design project that'll be dredged up in 70 years so people can laugh and look at what we thought was futuristic.

Wasp
28th October 2006, 09:54
oh hell yes!

now i can get the game world and the real world confused like all those stupid old fogy adults predicted, lets go driving around jumping off buildings and crashing into tanks!

edit: forgot the extra points for running down predestrians!

onearmedbandit
28th October 2006, 09:56
In the 3rd picture the dashboard makes it look like a 70's vision of what cars in the 90's would look like.

Pixie
28th October 2006, 14:01
Saab developed a joy stick drive-by-wire system years ago.The absence of a steering column was a safety bonus.The computers processed all acceleration,braking and steering inputs from the stick.

Planes use 'em

R6_kid
29th October 2006, 08:54
Planes use 'em

thats what i was thinking...

in all honesty it doesnt seem so bad to me, i'd want to try it out before making any real judgement though.

What i can say thought is that it doesnt seem to be designed for fast cornering... the steering wheel gives you something to hold on to in a tight corner (aswell as having a racing seat perhaps) but i can imagine that if you came into a corner a bit hot in that thing the g-forces could quite possibly screw your ability to keep the car in line.

Macktheknife
29th October 2006, 09:06
Looks a bit flash dunnit?
I'm not sure I would want one but I would love to have a go! lol

Sniper
29th October 2006, 09:39
Brilliant until your mate/ secretary/ baby sitter/ wife spills coffee/ juice/ coke on it.

hazard02
29th October 2006, 10:53
Do you need a pilot's licence to drive it?

Another stupid design project that'll be dredged up in 70 years so people can laugh and look at what we thought was futuristic.

Radical thinking is an essential part of the design process I guess. Not to mention very entertaining 30 years down the track.

sAsLEX
29th October 2006, 10:58
. the steering wheel gives you something to hold on to in a tight corner (aswell as having a racing seat perhaps) but i can imagine that if you came into a corner a bit hot in that thing the g-forces could quite possibly screw your ability to keep the car in line.

Also gives you decent feedback about the tires grip etc

Someone once said even Ray Charles could drive a Porsche the steering wheel fed so much info back to the driver

Of course fancy electricky and servos could do the same thing

Kendog
29th October 2006, 11:24
It won't fly my friend.
Why do car-company geeks keep trying to redesign car controls? It's like trying to assign a new letter arrangement on the keyboard, people don't like it because they already know the old way.

Change equals understanding.

The Pastor
29th October 2006, 16:28
Saab developed a joy stick drive-by-wire system years ago.The absence of a steering column was a safety bonus.The computers processed all acceleration,braking and steering inputs from the stick.

Planes use 'em

in all honesty it doesnt seem so bad to me, i'd want to try it out before making any real judgement though.

What i can say thought is that it doesnt seem to be designed for fast cornering... the steering wheel gives you something to hold on to in a tight corner (aswell as having a racing seat perhaps) but i can imagine that if you came into a corner a bit hot in that thing the g-forces could quite possibly screw your ability to keep the car in line.

But in the future we will all bedoing 50kmh becuase speed kills and american car companys will start getting sued for making fast cars.

But thats what I was thinking not so hot for cornering, but i guess if you had it in the center it would be better, but why not go for a steeringwheel? if these cars come in they will be only in the super city cars like the smart cars and hondas. They wont be in the sports cars designed for coners etc. You can already buy them today though (kits to convert any car) there for the handicaped people.

onearmedbandit
29th October 2006, 17:15
Not seen one of those conversion kits before. Got a link RM? I've sold vehicles to handicapped people before and generally it's been throttle and brake controls.

iwilde
29th October 2006, 18:40

Must be a Yank design, for the city and straight highways

sAsLEX
29th October 2006, 19:32
Got a link RM?

Ever seen any evidence for the dribble he spouts most of the time?

marty
29th October 2006, 19:40
there for the handicaped people.

it's they're the apostrophe is used in place of the 'a', when you're talking about they are

and PLEASE lets all think of the handicaped people

Hillbilly
30th October 2006, 00:25
Inspired by Microsoft...looks like a Sidewinder Joystick on the console. Or maybe a ThrustMaster...Mind you, many moons ago, this is what the world believed the cars of today would look like...