PDA

View Full Version : CBR929 Splutter under 3k rpm

Ham
28th October 2006, 10:10
Hi guys,

cruising around town it's missing if under about 3k, only happens when its up to temp, when it's cold its fine.

does this sound like plugs? or maybe o2 senser?

some advise would be awesome.

Ham
28th October 2006, 15:50
Just put some BP 98 in it and it's a whole lot better, but still stumbles sometimes when taking off or cruising at slow speeds. ideas?

Panther
28th October 2006, 20:45
was gonna say check needles for wear but its an injected bike right?

could be mixture, otherwise maybe that O2 sensor is playing up. Get it put on a dyno (amps or henderson m/c) and they'll be able to match mixture readings from your exhaust with power output from the engine which will bring you much closer to a solution than people guessing without seeing/hearing/riding the bike.

Satch
28th October 2006, 20:52
mate,

im assuming its quite a new bike and probably has relatively low kms, i think youll find that rather than being something complicated its more likely to be something simple. Rather than getting a dyno tune, just check the condition of your plugs, look for deposits or anthing out of the ordinary and gap them

Youd be amazed how ofter its the simple things aye

cheers

TonyB
28th October 2006, 20:54
its an injected bike right?
Aww- there goes my theory.
My FZR was doing that- turned out to be perished and cracking inlet rubbers letting too much air in. When it did it, the point where it cleared up and went was so precise (3k revs) that three different mechanics swore it was electrical

R6_kid
28th October 2006, 21:08
post some more detail eg km's, any performance mods etc done that'll give those in the know a better idea of what could be wrong, as per sallo's post whether you get it dyno'd or just someone trained to look at it then you'll get a better result than asking questions over a forum - but hey, ya never know, someone may have had trouble with one before.

Best thing IMO is to go to a honda shop and ask if its a common thing on 929's... found out a lot about my bikes traits by going to a yammy shop to ask them stuff.

98tls
28th October 2006, 21:15
For what its worth my TLs in fact all TLs had the horrible stumbles around 3000 rpm.....flashed ecu with a yosh box and problem solved...in my opinion putting it on a dyno may be a good thing....not like it costs the earth....

WINJA
29th October 2006, 15:32
If Its Got An An After Market Exhaust It Maybe Rich , Check Your Air Filter

Ham
29th October 2006, 15:55
It's done ~30,000km's got a Micron can on it but has been running fine up till the other day, and over 3krpm it still hauls! it's getting a service on friday so we'll see if they have any idea's. havn't checked the air filter for a while. I might have a look at that and the plugs this week, it's a bit of a major job on these. just wanted to know if it sounded like a o2 sensor as i bet they aint cheep from Honda

Ham
29th October 2006, 15:58
For what its worth my TLs in fact all TLs had the horrible stumbles around 3000 rpm.....flashed ecu with a yosh box and problem solved...in my opinion putting it on a dyno may be a good thing....not like it costs the earth....

thats a point, maybe the ecu learns how much to advance etc without knocking and with a shot of some shit fuel might have made it drop its lip. i'll look into that aswell

F5 Dave
30th October 2006, 16:39
until you've changed the plugs, airfilter & checked the plugcaps you can't conclude anything yet. O2 sensors can get contaminated & need a cleanup.