PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Vegetarians will be the death of me...

Paul in NZ
6th July 2004, 18:40
As you may or may not know we went 2 up on the LM2, full gear (and I mean FULL - what do you do with a woman that needs 2 pairs of jeans for a 2 day visit?).... Only a short ride (400km each way plus side trips) to Neil and Helens place (north of Napier) but it is the middle of winter!!

Anyway! I had a new tank bag (on sale at Motorcycle City close down sale) of the REALLY big variety and put a lot of heavy stuff in it and 2 up the ride was superb. We were struggling to hold the old girl back to the speed limit as it was always wanting to go faster and faster... In fact, we came across mates on the same ride pull out of a side road ahead and we were going so fast we were just chugged on past at Guzzi speed. Amazing stuff for a 25 year old bike..

Only one incident of note...

Barrelling through one fast twisty bit on the way back, we notice a very animated orange vested gentleman on the side of the road waving us down... How odd we think, no road works signs, maybe an accident.. So we start to scrub of as much speed as we dare before the bend on the damp road.. Arriving at the bend, scrubbing off a LOT more speed became a priority as we see a small landslip right across the road... It was very easy to see as the guy had thoughtfully painted it bright, dayglow orange....

Odd..... Where would he get the time to do that???? Some sort of performance art?????

All this going on in the head while heavy braking and rapid down shifting and keeping hold of the bike as Vicki is climbing up on my shoulders due to rapid deceleration.... (no snickering you lot, brakes are excellent for a steam driven ocean liner)

Finally the plot has slowed to walking pace where we can pick our way across where a car has convieniently been before us... AH! Not a landslide....

Carrots....

Yup! A big semi trailer FULL of carrots had lost his tailgate latch and dumped the lot.... I damn near fell of from laughing.. (bloody slippery I can tell you) Poor bugger is going to have some explaining to do as the clean up would need a loader at least! I'm told it even made the news!

Funny... I thought vegetables were supposed to be good for you?

ps... Good on the driver for doing all he could. Without the warning I'd be writing this from a hospital ward!

James Deuce
6th July 2004, 18:59
Performance art. Maybe Wellington Ratepayers sponsored that.

Nice one Paul.

dangerous
6th July 2004, 19:59
Always bloody good to read ya posts Paul. I've been missing them having not visit the 'wild guzzi' forum all that often these days but I still drop in on the 'guzzi exchange' every week.
One thing that I have noticed with the VTR, unlike the Guzzi it is easier to hold the speed down.

DD

Dr Bob
6th July 2004, 21:25
1990, along the northwestern motorway (although it wasn't a motorway then, I think there were lights at lincoln road. I looked in my rear vision mirror as something caught my eye, and saw a load of cabbages - still in the daihatsu (sp.) truck cartwheeling through the air. The truck slammed its anchors on and it rolled over the front end, and the truck ended up in the centre meridian on its wheels. But there were cabbages as far as the eye could see.

Wenier
6th July 2004, 22:11
yea i seen carrots off a truck on the side of the road luckily somewhere on a trip cant remember where but it was a fair way up north on a trip

Paul in NZ
6th July 2004, 22:16
yea i seen carrots off a truck on the side of the road luckily somewhere on a trip cant remember where but it was a fair way up north on a trip

I saw all sorts a stuff on a trip once too.... No carrots but there was all sorts a other stuff.... It was comin' outta the walls an....

;-)

Paul N (old and often forgotten)

Bob
6th July 2004, 22:16
Isn't the term 'bloody' vegetarians something of a misnomer? :msn-wink:

The perils of food on the floor - I've been hit by a banana skin carelessly chucked out of a van before now. And a friend of mine nearly lost it when he clipped a giant catering pizza that plopped out the back of another van.

There seems to be a connection between vans, poorly stored food and close shaves on a bike here...

Motu
6th July 2004, 22:26
I did something similar once - stupid is as stupid does.The fruit and vegie shop over the road needed their truck moved out on the road so they could unload the potatoes,but the only guy who could drive the truck had lost his licence and was too scared to even park it out front - like,the cops knew him real well.So he came and asked me if I could do it - sure,no worries mate - so I go over to bring it out front,up a very narrow alley - but only one mirror on the truck.Trying to keep as far right as possible so I didn't hit the building I couldn't see as I turned left onto the road....ah,yes...I hit the building on the right with the rear overhang,and um,got jammed into it,couldn't go back,couldn't go forward,the owner of the building came running out screaming blue murder,it was all happening - but I hadn't finished yet...the only way was to force my way forward - and as the truck sprung back into shape it threw all the potatoes (in jute sacks)over the right side of the truck.There were potatoes strewn all over West Coast Rd at 4.00 in the afternoon,the start of the rush hour in Glen Eden.I slipped away unnoticed and thought I might just close the shop and go home early.

LB
7th July 2004, 05:56
What about the time quite a few years ago when, at a set of traffic lights on a steep uphill section, the coffin slid out of the back of the hearse in rush hour traffic in Auckland?

What?
7th July 2004, 20:00
What about the time quite a few years ago when, at a set of traffic lights on a steep uphill section, the coffin slid out of the back of the hearse in rush hour traffic in Auckland?
Did it contain a vegetable? :Oops:

Wenier
7th July 2004, 22:41
Did it contain a vegetable? :Oops:

hahahahahhaha :2guns: :laugh:

Hitcher
8th July 2004, 11:10
As I read the title of this thread, the nostrils of a Hobby Horse flared and it pawed the ground in anticipation of being let out for a canter... Imagine its disappointment!! Good post though.

vifferman
8th July 2004, 11:17
One thing that I have noticed with the VTR, unlike the Guzzi it is easier to hold the speed down. DDWhy?
Is it a dud?
Is it too quiet?

As I read the title of this thread, the nostrils of a Hobby Horse flared and it pawed the ground in anticipation of being let out for a canter... Imagine its disappointment!! That's OK, Hitcher - just give it its head anyway. Let the bugger out!

Hitcher
8th July 2004, 15:17
That's OK, Hitcher - just give it its head anyway. Let the bugger out!

Suffice it to say that some of my best friends are vegetarians... I had pet lambs when I was a child.

bungbung
8th July 2004, 15:23
QUOTE]I had pet lambs when I was a child.[/QUOTE]

had as in ate?

We had lamb, it was yum

jrandom
8th July 2004, 15:35
I had pet lambs when I was a child.

Hitcher had a little lamb
His father shot it dead
It went with him to school next day
Upon a slice of bread?

Big Dog
8th July 2004, 16:05
QUOTE]I had pet lambs when I was a child.

had as in ate?

We had lamb, it was yum
Mary had a little lamb, so she was had up on beastiality charges.

Big Dog
8th July 2004, 16:07
Mary had a little lamb, so she was had up on beastiality charges.
Mary had a little lamb,
she passed her plate and asked for more.

Hitcher
8th July 2004, 17:44
Mary had a little lamb that like to chew on grass
She tied it to the backyard gate and kicked it in the teeth...

dangerous
8th July 2004, 18:24
Why?
Is it a dud?
Is it too quiet?

*slowly shaking my head while looking sadly at the ground* Stormy, Stormy, Stormy, You have obvisuly lead a sad lonely Guzzi less life........ NO VTR or any other bike can even come close to the Guzzi experance, no the VTR isent a dud and no it most certenly isent too quite....... Paul N NZ can you please explain to the man...... :rolleyes:

pete376403
9th July 2004, 10:23
Mary had a little lamb that like to chew on grass
She tied it to the backyard gate and kicked it in the teeth...

Mary had a little lamb, and it was always gruntin'
She tied it to a five bar gate, and kicked it's little (insert choice of anatomy) in

Kickaha
9th July 2004, 10:28
As you may or may not know we went 2 up on the LM2, full gear (and I mean FULL - what do you do with a woman that needs 2 pairs of jeans for a 2 day visit?).... Only a short ride (400km each way plus side trips) to Neil and Helens place (north of Napier) but it is the middle of winter!!

Only two pairs of jeans?,last woman who visited me bought 5 pairs for a 2 1/2 day visit and managed to wear them all

Paul in NZ
9th July 2004, 10:44
On a Guzzi you will eventually slide sideways into the grave, covered in road grime, exhaust roaring, and a clatter of tappets as the engine finally explodes in a shower of hot shards from being horribly over revved and running from the law... You will approach the Pearly Gates, limping, exhausted, wide eyed, with bugs in your teeth crying "man wadda RIDE". St Peter will let you in saying, Welcome my son, you have suffered and prevailed with good humour, here is a new Guzzi, go break it on heavens endless roads...

On a Honda you will glide up quietly, indicate nicely, perform a perfect 3 point turn, park immaculately on the trusty side stand with narry a drip of oil from the perfect cases and step brightly up to you maker say dressed in your colour matched leathers and replica helmet. "Golly! That was rather nice!" St Peter will look up from the Guzzi parts book he is thumbing through tring to figure out why the blasted thrunge grommet Guido sent won't bloody fit. He will get a bit of a shock as he didn't hear the Honda pull up and tell you to piss off untill he's finished his pizza.

The Guzzi rider might not get an official wake as his mates are too busy out riding cos they swiped a few usuable bits off the wreck to get their bikes going but everytime a wheel turns, you will be remembered. When the Guzzi faithful gather, a place will be set and your memory honoured with genuine regret.

The Honda rider will possibly enjoy a jolly nice 'do' after the funeral with tea and buns (and everything) and after your 'nice' mates have chatted up the widow, found they won't get a leg over, will never be seen again...

I mean, don't feel bad you ain't got a Guzzi. They are not for everyone...

Paul N

Mk2 LeMans (it's a bloody MANS bike - it says so on the side)

Ms Piggy
9th July 2004, 11:40
Only two pairs of jeans?,last woman who visited me bought 5 pairs for a 2 1/2 day visit and managed to wear them all

:bleh: Yes I did! And when I did my road trip to Hamilton I took 3 pairs of shoes & a my hair drier! :Punk:

dangerous
9th July 2004, 18:20
On a Guzzi you will......................

:crybaby: *sniffels and wipes eye dry* 'Oh what have I done' :no: 'I want my Guzzi back'
And I will once again proudly were the Itialian eagle before to long :rolleyes:
(I need help)

James Deuce
9th July 2004, 19:12
:crybaby: *sniffels and wipes eye dry* 'Oh what have I done' :no: 'I want my Guzzi back'
And I will once again proudly were the Itialian eagle before to long :rolleyes:
(I need help)

If you do enough miles, and pick up every piece of metal you see, you will eventually have a Guzzi you can glue back together.

Paul in NZ
9th July 2004, 20:20
If you do enough miles, and pick up every piece of metal you see, you will eventually have a Guzzi you can glue back together.

You sound a bit jealous young Jim2...

You are on the right track with an 850 but it only pretends to be a V Twin... You need a Guzzi in your life! Go on, admit it!

;-)

Paul N