PDA

View Full Version : Would it do any harm to run with the baffles out?

Cobalt
28th October 2006, 22:33
Hi Folks Can anyone tell me would do any harm to run a GN250 with the baffels out ? or would it run better

Steam
28th October 2006, 22:42
You'd get less power maybe. Not much of an issue on our GN's though is it?!
Do it!
I'd love to take mine out to see how loud it is but sadly my exhaust is a sealed unit, all welded and no rivets or removeable bits.

98tls
28th October 2006, 22:51
Remember years ago reading an article about exhaust valves etc...removing baffles...they said not good but the explanation wasnt comprehensive enough for me...then again...a gn....why bother....?

texmo
28th October 2006, 23:17
Would damage your ears more than anything.

twinkle
29th October 2006, 07:38
I had one baffle out of mine one day(fell out), it was just loud, and no faster at all. Sounded better, but not great :scooter:

slimjim
29th October 2006, 09:35
:gob: been loud,doesn't mean you go faster,:no: :woohoo: :laugh:

merv
29th October 2006, 09:45
Are you asking because they've fallen out/rusted out or do you just want to make more noise?

Generally the engines are tuned as a unit, pull out a baffle and it may run like a dog without other changes such as jetting and it could run too lean and damage the engine.

If its OK I'd say don't bother touching it. If you want to go faster wind on the throttle harder and learn to hang on better and devlop your skills. More speed comes from the rider than the bike, that's my view. Then when you are ready, buy a faster bike.

Unforgiven
29th October 2006, 16:08
Why would you want to?

lukelin250
29th October 2006, 17:28
why not add a big 5 inch big bore instead!!! :scooter:

sunhuntin
29th October 2006, 22:29
my buddy knocked his baffles out [85 gn] dont think it affected the running at all, made it louder, but thats it. i liked the sound of his, he liked the sound of mine. lol.

Brian d marge
30th October 2006, 01:53
you would make the exhaust Slightly freer flowing and remove slightly more of the unburnt particles in each combustion cycle, this would make it run a little leaner . for which you would have to jet accordingly
I
For a grand total of plus/minus 5 odd hp( thats a guess, but not far off)

you are better to keep the baffles AND a clean air filter , and when you trade up get something that goes

If you di remove the baffles , effectively all you will be doing is annoying every one else

( unless its an Ac Cobra with a straight pipe , then please feel free to annoy me anytime u want !!!)

Stephen

lukelin250
30th October 2006, 07:56
For a grand total of plus/minus 5 odd hp( thats a guess, but not far off)
Stephen

wow!!! thus doubling the bikes power :third:

gamgee
30th October 2006, 12:16
wow!!! thus doubling the bikes power :third:

what if it goes minus, he could almost be producing negative power :gob:

lukelin250
30th October 2006, 21:11
that is so true, :scooter: