PDA

View Full Version : What a ride that was!!!

emaN
29th October 2006, 20:12
Still buzzing about yesterday’s trackday!
Huge thanks to KiwiRider peeps for putting on a wikkd day…and for making the sessions 20mins long!!

Onesevenkevin and I got down there @8 and parked up (yeh yeh, ha ha) next to r4q2 & slickD.
Signed in and got a pretty bracelet for the novice group; it was to be my 1st proper ride since my shoulder op, so I tho’t I’d take it easy for starters. After a couple sessions, turns out the shoulder was pretty sweet, so I upped into the M group...

Had three sessions in that group, at just over 19miles each, and every minute of it was a blast! Started remembering lines & corners from the KB trackday in May and settled into a comfy pace for me, my shoulder and the ol’ RF.

Had a bit of fun riding with slickD on his gixxer…but those bikes are friggin’ frustrating! You stick with ‘em, then the buggers burn off down the straight – only thing to do is take ‘em on the brakes…:done:

Had the rear slide in turn 3 while ‘powering’ (as much as an RF can power) thru it, and a little slide from the front in the last corner which unsettled me a bit too.

Really started to enjoy the ‘wiggling’ under braking into the 1st corner, the sweeper & at the end of the long straight… I'd love to see what Stroudy or Shirriffs could make it do…

BUT, I got some controlled ‘wiggles’ from the rear coming onto pit straight, and "this one time…" I even got the front a little light outta the same corner :scooter:

Best lap was a 2min04, so there’s plenty of scope for improvement in my corner speeds, entry and exit.

Thanks to Death, LooseB, r4q2, Leong and others for various tips too…always good to try new stuff instead of just going ‘round & ‘round & ‘round doing same ol’ same ol’…

Thanks again KR! Sooo looking forward to the motoTT trackday in Nov…!

Finally, a massive thanks to the dude on the "black '99 fuel injected Ohlins equipped gixxer750" which gave me the incentive to try a little harder...:second:

Waylander
29th October 2006, 20:15
Glad you had a bit of fun. Wish I could have made it down to watch as I had planned though. Maybe next time.

emaN
30th October 2006, 08:57
Next time dude...
We ended up "pitting" next to Cajun, so it was good to finally meet him & put a face to another Tga KB'r.

loosebruce
30th October 2006, 09:03
You were taking it easy? Mate you looked pretty sweet out there on the ol RF :shit: Bet you can't wait for this Sunday while everything is still fresh in the mind.

Catch you on Sunday :rockon:

emaN
30th October 2006, 09:34
Bet you can't wait for this Sunday while everything is still fresh in the mind.

argh! can't make it to sunday rides/trackdays!
but i'll be at the motoTT day on Nov 24th!
mainly gonna work on accelerating out of corners earlier & harder and body positioning.
before then, i'll work on getting a Pilot 'Sport' front & 'Road' rear...

kiwifruit
30th October 2006, 10:11
sorry i didnt get out to watch you man, had a broken arse.... sounds like you had fun :D

emaN
30th October 2006, 10:19
.... had a broken arse....
wondered where you were!
what happened? the local 'maurice' give you a once-over?

i broke mine 4yrs back 'boarding...so i know how it feels!
here's a free tip; don't go riding 'round the US on a Harley in 3mths time... you'd be on so many painkillers most of the trip would be a.....trip!

kiwifruit
30th October 2006, 10:33
wondered where you were!
what happened? the local 'maurice' give you a once-over?

i broke mine 4yrs back 'boarding...so i know how it feels!
here's a free tip; don't go riding 'round the US on a Harley in 3mths time... you'd be on so many painkillers most of the trip would be a.....trip!

heh heh, naw, i put my back out
it seems better now :)

Keystone19
30th October 2006, 10:37
Yep, was a fun day alright - nice that the weather held off. Highlight for me was getting a session on Motobob's new GSXR600. Got 265 indicated on the dial but it is geared differently so was not that quick. Beautiful ride though, smooth, fast, corners beautifully - I want one!

Great to see the shoulder held out Eman, you were having a ball!

Awesome ups to MikeyG on the trusty GN250 as well!

MikeyG
30th October 2006, 13:59
MikeyG on the trusty GN250 as well!

After passing that hayabusa maybe it should be the mighty GN250

Cajun
30th October 2006, 14:07
hahaha yeah father in law was have a very bad day riding. he was turning in to coroners instead of trying to leaning the thing.

saul
31st October 2006, 18:27
hahaha yeah father in law was have a very bad day riding. he was turning in to coroners instead of trying to leaning the thing.

Shite mate you don't want to turn into the coroners, that place is full of grief:done:

saul
31st October 2006, 18:44
Had three sessions in that group, at just over 19miles each, and every minute of it was a blast! Started remembering lines & corners from the KB trackday in May and settled into a comfy pace for me, my shoulder and the ol’ RF.

Really started to enjoy the ‘wiggling’ under braking into the 1st corner, the sweeper & at the end of the long straight… I'd love to see what Stroudy or Shirriffs could make it do…

BUT, I got some controlled ‘wiggles’ from the rear coming onto pit straight, and "this one time…" I even got the front a little light outta the same corner :scooter:

Best lap was a 2min04, so there’s plenty of scope for improvement in my corner speeds, entry and exit.

Thanks to Death, LooseB, r4q2, Leong and others for various tips too…always good to try new stuff instead of just going ‘round & ‘round & ‘round doing same ol’ same ol’…

Thanks again KR! Sooo looking forward to the motoTT trackday in Nov…!

Finally, a massive thanks to the dude on the "black '99 fuel injected Ohlins equipped gixxer750" which gave me the incentive to try a little harder...:second:

Very nice mate:rockon:

Hope I can catch up and keep up on 24 Nov.:scooter:

Cheers:yes: