PDA

View Full Version : PMCC Round 1 Taupo October 30th 2006

Keystone19
30th October 2006, 10:34
I think I've caught the racing bug properly...:shit:

It was wet, then it was dry, then it was really wet...

I put the Pilot Powers on, I took the Pilot Powers off, I put the wets on, I left the wets on, the track dried up!

Race one:

Got a good start but I'm running on wets on a dry track, there is one puddle to ride through to try and keep the tyres cool, I've never ridden on wets before - let alone in the dry!!

I'm feeling good though and I'm lying about 6th (after qualifying about 9th on the grid). Then my tyres decide to let me know that in the dry they will only lean over so far before letting go - whoops! Rear slides out around the sweeper, grips, wobbles, pushes me wide, front tyre is just about in the dirt, three riders go past, I manage to keep it upright (God knows how) and I'm back in it again. Lost a bit of confidence though and I slip to 11th (field of about 25 I think?). Best lap time 47 secs.

Race two:

Track is damp and I decide to leave the wets on. Get an average start and decide my goal for this race is to stay upright and get a feel for the wets in the wet! Not feeling good though and I'm by myself on the track, think I'm last. Results come out and I'm 7th! Stoked! Best lap time 53secs.

Race three:

A bit more confidence in the wets this time. It is bucketing down and the track is in puddles. I get a good start and get past a couple of bods. Aim to keep things smooth and it works. A couple of bikes come off at the end of the straight, another on the sweeper (or is that the 2nd race?), can't remember, feeling good though. A 6th this time with a best time of 51secs.

Still got a couple of seconds to be up with Gary but I'll keep working on it.

A really fun day, thanks to PMCC, and big ups to everyone who braved the rain and stuck it out for all three races - KickingZebra, VTec, GarryH, anyone else I can't think of, and especially to RoadRash who was doing his first racing ever!

Huge thanks to Gordon (hubby) who came down and helped with tyre changes and feeding the kids as well as cheering me on, and of course to Motobob and Cleve Brown - perhaps we should get a name for our team?

And a huge thanks to MikeyG for bringing the wets up from Wellington for me!

emaN
30th October 2006, 11:00
good lap times for wet riding Jill!!! great riding!

so what do "wets" feel like in the rain?

Keystone19
30th October 2006, 11:13
so what do "wets" feel like in the rain?

Interestingly, they feel dry!! I did not slip or slide at all in the wet with them on! I should have been going way faster!

emaN
30th October 2006, 11:17
...but as you said, first time on wets..so methinks you chose the better option of 'getting a feel for it'!

must be hard to get yer head 'round the fact that it's wet and yet you're not wiggling&squiggling as much as you'd expect...

Keystone19
30th October 2006, 11:19
Yeah, it is an incredibly strange feeling leaning the bike over to almost getting the knee down and the track is dripping wet - it just doesn't feel right!!! (And yet for some strange reason it does feel right...!)

Sketchy_Racer
30th October 2006, 11:26
Good stuff!!!

I can't wait to get my new bike!!!!

All these race reports make me feel left out!!!

cowpoos
30th October 2006, 11:47
Best lap time 1.47.

were you on your push bike???

good stuff chick....

Keystone19
30th October 2006, 11:48
were you on your push bike....

bahahaha, good point, times duly amended...

skelstar
30th October 2006, 11:50
Great report Jill. Think you should run a thread for your team name.
What about:

Team motokeybrown?
Team bobstonecleve?
Team bobby-brown-19?

kiwifruit
30th October 2006, 12:25
awesome effort Jill, well done :)

kickingzebra
30th October 2006, 15:09
Woohoo!!! Aunty Jill was fair flying!!!
She was like .1 of a second slower than my fastest lap!!!
You know what they say, give a women a new toaster oven, cause if you give her a set of wets on her SV she'll whup your butt!!!

That was a great showing Jill!! Loved watching it!!!

texmo
30th October 2006, 17:13
What about:

Team motokeybrown?
Team bobstonecleve?
Team bobby-brown-19?
Has to be
Team Spidi Hot Chicks brought to you in conjunction with shoie hair inc.

vtec
30th October 2006, 20:52
Damn Jill, you're becoming quite a weapon. A bit more experience, and you'll be at the front. Still, better to pace your progress, and learn the cheap but slightly longer way.

Cleve
31st October 2006, 14:04
What about:

Team motokeybrown?
Team bobstonecleve?
Team bobby-brown-19?

Ha ha ha ha .. not bad ideas...
We'll think about it.
Maybe when Johnno's missus pops it out (any day now) he can join our "Mummys and Daddy's team"...?
Well done Jill. You were awesome.
Good day for the kids to play together as well...
Thanks to Gordon from me as well for his help with my two sprogs as well.

kickingzebra
31st October 2006, 17:19
Ha ha ha ha .. not bad ideas...
We'll think about it.
Maybe when Johnno's missus pops it out (any day now) he can join our "Mummys and Daddy's team"...?
Well done Jill. You were awesome.
Good day for the kids to play together as well...
Thanks to Gordon from me as well for his help with my two sprogs as well.

YAY!! I'm wanted!! LOL...
Maybe if I tell everyone I have a bigger (louder) high powered generator, then I will be able to have even more friends!!

(Don't I have too much hair?? LOL)

Cleve
1st November 2006, 07:06
(Don't I have too much hair?? LOL)

A few years after your kid is born you will lose it so don't worry...:yes:

Cibby
1st November 2006, 08:43
well done lady.. especially for keeping your bike upright!!!!

GO KEYSTONE GO KEYSTONE :)

one keen to start a cheer leading club?

Torque
1st November 2006, 15:28
Cool write up Jill. Hope to have my set of wets for the next round.

GSVR
2nd November 2006, 15:43
Cool write up Jill. Hope to have my set of wets for the next round.

No point Rob the next round the only dampness will be sweat from the extreme heat and everyone will wish they had harder compound tyres as they will be melting and tyre warmers will be obsolete.

I'm not sleeping well at the moment thinking how the hell I'm gunna stay ahead of Jill. I don't mind if Rob gets past as theres plenty of excuses as to why he could be faster.

Cleve
2nd November 2006, 19:57
I'm not sleeping well at the moment thinking how the hell I'm gunna stay ahead of Jill. I don't mind if Rob gets past as theres plenty of excuses as to why he could be faster.

Excuses as to why Jill beats you?? Easy. Umm she was faster and a better rider...

Keystone19
2nd November 2006, 21:55
Except that I was neither faster or better!

One day...:innocent:

Cleve
3rd November 2006, 06:03
Yep Jill. I think the comments were in future tenses

GSVR
3rd November 2006, 06:45
I'm thinking maybe retire while I'm still ahead.

Torque
3rd November 2006, 17:37
Mate!! a little competition and you go to pieces. We are just getting started. Should be alot of fun this summer, don't roll over just yet Gary ay! No pressure and as for the heat, i know my exhaust fumes can be a little hot at times.