PDA

View Full Version : WOOOHOOO.... I passed!!!

MyGSXF
30th October 2006, 16:32
WOOOHOOO.. I passed my end of year assessment at Polytech today!!! :woohoo: & passed with flying colours too.. :yes: considering I was crapping myself beforehand!! :sick: I am studying Counselling.. & I had to be a counsillor for a peer student for half an hour. (which I might add feels like bloody forever when you have the tutors sitting in the room behind you, assessing you :eek5: !!!) My tutors said I had a natural easy grace with my client, & a great presence to just 'be' with her! My interjections were potent, & I was very congruent! They said I was very good & that they were impressed! :clap: Another tutor has told me I will make a fantastic counsillor!! :D nothing to do with biking in the slightest.. ;) but hey.. it has made my day.. well.. year actually.. as it hasn't been the greatest.. (but we won't go there :oi-grr: ) So I am feeling rather proud of myself! :first: thought I'd share it with ya's.... :grouphug:

Mom
30th October 2006, 16:37
That is fantastic!! :Punk:

Congratulations, it is a great feeling to complete something really well when you have put so much effort into it..:yes:

Well done!!

inlinefour
30th October 2006, 16:47
WOOOHOOO.. I passed my end of year assessment at Polytech today!!! :woohoo: & passed with flying colours too.. :yes: considering I was crapping myself beforehand!! :sick: I am studying Counselling.. & I had to be a counsillor for a peer student for half an hour. (which I might add feels like bloody forever when you have the tutors sitting in the room behind you, assessing you :eek5: !!!) My tutors said I had a natural easy grace with my client, & a great presence to just 'be' with her! My interjections were potent, & I was very congruent! They said I was very good & that they were impressed! :clap: Another tutor has told me I will make a fantastic counsillor!! :D nothing to do with biking in the slightest.. ;) but hey.. it has made my day.. well.. year actually.. as it hasn't been the greatest.. (but we won't go there :oi-grr: ) So I am feeling rather proud of myself! :first: thought I'd share it with ya's.... :grouphug:

Few years back I qualified as a RN from polytech. I can uderstand the anxiety related to finals as I went through the same. These days I get to be a preceptor to those student nurses coming through. Feels really good to give back what I got and try to improve the new students' experience as some of my preceptors as a student was truely horrible. May a well paid job just be just around the courner for you. I take it that its a Ba course?

SuperDave
Good stuff :niceone:

Squeak the Rat
Thats great. I couldn't pass anything, everything I do turns to shit.

MyGSXF
30th October 2006, 16:52
I take it that its a Ba course?

Uummmm.... lol.... was my first year... :doh: still have 5 years to go... :whistle:

Squeak the Rat
30th October 2006, 16:55
Uummmm.... lol.... was my first year... :doh: still have 5 years to go... :whistle:

5 to go! And here was I swinging for the free counselling session. :killingme Congrats on the pass, the rest will fly by now.....

inlinefour
30th October 2006, 16:59

Only 3 to become a RN, however did the post grad thing which made it longer. However I got both paid and the Govt paid for all me fees :)
May the rest to your years work fly by and you do equally as well. Good luck! :rockon:

MyGSXF
30th October 2006, 17:05
I couldn't pass anything, everything I do turns to shit.

aahhh... sounds like that is a familiar feeling for you Squeak... :innocent:

dawnrazor
30th October 2006, 17:10
Thats great. I couldn't pass anything, everything I do turns to shit.

Well at least your passing that 'cus that bad news if ya can't do your poos

MyGSXF
30th October 2006, 17:16
These days I get to be a preceptor to those student nurses coming through. Feels really good to give back what I got and try to improve the new students' experience as some of my preceptors as a student was truely horrible.

Good on ya!!! :Punk: We had some of the graduating students come in a couple of weeks ago & talk about their experiences of their study.. they were very inspiring to say the least!!! I was sitting on the fence for a while about taking a year off or not.. but I had no doubts in my mind about carrying on after listening to them!! So, i'm sure there will be newbee students like me, feeling the same about their future as a nurse after being a round an inspiring preceptor!!! :rockon:

merv
30th October 2006, 17:21
Yeah good on ya, nice one!

inlinefour
30th October 2006, 17:28
Good on ya!!! :Punk: We had some of the graduating students come in a couple of weeks ago & talk about their experiences of their study.. they were very inspiring to say the least!!! I was sitting on the fence for a while about taking a year off or not.. but I had no doubts in my mind about carrying on after listening to them!! So, i'm sure there will be newbee students like me, feeling the same about their future as a nurse after being a round an inspiring preceptor!!! :rockon:

Several times I banged my head on a wall wondering why I was doing it to myself as a student. I kept telling myself there was light at the end of the tunnel, however I suspect that I never truely believed it until I found out I have passed state finals and gained my registration. The only think I did wrong was in my first year of working as a RN I purchased a bing gaming computer, which I also needed to do my post grad work. I should have brought a cheap bike instead. Its so important to have a stress release activity/stratigy. Last night I coped some pretty unpleasent stuff at work. Had a mental health day today which involved riding a few of my bikes. Nothing winds me down quicker than a good fang on one of my motormarsickles... :innocent:

slimjim
30th October 2006, 17:28
may thee force be with you,:yes: and Gabapentin when thee crack's appear,:yes: :yes: all for a good start, :innocent:

Jonny Rotten
30th October 2006, 17:48
woo hoo party.... beers on you then?

MyGSXF
30th October 2006, 17:50
Several times I banged my head on a wall wondering why I was doing it to myself as a student. I kept telling myself there was light at the end of the tunnel, however I suspect that I never truely believed it until I found out I have passed state finals and gained my registration. :

lol... I reckon I am going to learn that feeling well!!! :rolleyes:

Its so important to have a stress release activity/stratigy. Last night I coped some pretty unpleasent stuff at work. Had a mental health day today which involved riding a few of my bikes. Nothing winds me down quicker than a good fang on one of my motormarsickles... :innocent:

I hear ya on that one for sure.. I was without my bike for 10 months.. it wasn't pretty... :no: !!! :rockon:

MyGSXF
30th October 2006, 17:54
may thee force be with you,:yes: and Gabapentin when thee crack's appear,:yes: :yes: all for a good start, :innocent:

Thanks slimjim.. aahhh... but.. uumm.. gotta ask... what is Gabapentin...?? :confused:

SDU
30th October 2006, 18:15
Congrats!
I hope next year goes as well as the first.
don't 4get there is life outside study, at times it is hard to break away from it but you got to 4 your sanity.

kiwifruit
30th October 2006, 18:30
shot mate :D

Edbear
30th October 2006, 18:35
Ummm! The word is counsellor, not councillor....:yes:

(Well, someone had to be the smart alec, eh?):sunny:

Seriously, good on you, though and congratulations! It's a great feeling to achieve a goal if that goal has been hard won! Nothing breeds success like success and no doubt you'll be encouraged to continue.:rockon:

MyGSXF
30th October 2006, 19:57
Ummm! The word is counsellor, not councillor....:yes:

(Well, someone had to be the smart alec, eh?):sunny: :

:doh: there's always one....

Seriously, good on you, though and congratulations! It's a great feeling to achieve a goal if that goal has been hard won! Nothing breeds success like success and no doubt you'll be encouraged to continue.:rockon:

Cheers for that Edbear... how's dat sexy bike of yours?? :innocent: I knoooww.. I knoooww... I'm bias...! :shutup:

Edbear
30th October 2006, 20:19
[QUOTE=MyGSXF;806182Cheers for that Edbear... how's dat sexy bike of yours?? :innocent: I knoooww.. I knoooww... I'm bias...! :shutup:[/QUOTE]

It's feeling neglected lately, but a Mate and his Missus are coming up this weekend on their "new" '96 Bandit for a ride, so we may be getting out on it.

Ruralman
30th October 2006, 20:54
Congratulations, great start.
5 yrs is a seriously long course - you will need those moments of inspiration you talk about to keep you going, and those blasts on 2 wheels to keep you sane.

No doubt you will continue to develop your verbal sword fighting skills here at KB'r so we can all be part of your training!!!!!!!!!!!!

MyGSXF
30th October 2006, 21:34
Congratulations, great start.
5 yrs is a seriously long course - you will need those moments of inspiration you talk about to keep you going, and those blasts on 2 wheels to keep you sane

5 years is doing it part time!! as a solo parent with 2 young kids.. I have 2 full time jobs already!!! so part time will be full on anyway, on top of everything else I have to do..lol..!! & yeah... definately will be NEEDING my bike for sure!!! :wacko:

No doubt you will continue to develop your verbal sword fighting skills here at KB'r so we can all be part of your training!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell yeah BABY!!! :Punk: Got a whooooole plethoria to choose from on here.... :shutup: :innocent:

MyGSXF
30th October 2006, 21:41
It's feeling neglected lately, but a Mate and his Missus are coming up this weekend on their "new" '96 Bandit for a ride, so we may be getting out on it.

WAY cool your missus is wanting her own bike dude!!! :Punk: apparantly.. so I hear.. chicks in leather & who ride their own bikes are sooo sexy.. whadda ya reckon...?? :innocent:

oldrider
30th October 2006, 23:16
WAY cool your missus is wanting her own bike dude!!! :Punk: apparantly.. so I hear.. chicks in leather & who ride their own bikes are sooo sexy.. whadda ya reckon...?? :innocent:

What do ya mean, chicks on bikes aint so new, my old cheese has had her bike licence for over 36 years! Doesn't ride so much her self these days though.

Hey, congratulations on your achievement, all things are difficult before they are easy but I guess you know all about difficult don't you!
I hope this means things will get a bit easier for you from now on. :yes: Cheers John.

Edbear
31st October 2006, 05:30

Yeah, she'll be putting her "toe in the water" this weekend, so to speak, so it'll be interesting to see whether she likes it!

And I can remember the last time she bought an outfit. Came out of the bedroom after putting it on....:gob: :love: :love: :love: She still got a good figure now...:msn-wink:

ajturbo
31st October 2006, 07:14
hey teacher... i dropped my pencil..
dam wrong profession.... lol

but good on yer!!
i think you will find that "CSL" is doing the same course in welly? i think she is into her 5th year?

so one year down ... 4 to go
sounds like the tutors a VERY impressed with you:rockon: !!!!

MyGSXF
31st October 2006, 21:36
And I can remember the last time she bought an outfit. Came out of the bedroom after putting it on....:gob: :love: :love: :love: She still got a good figure now...:msn-wink:

aaaawwww........ dat's soooooooo schweeeettt!!!! young love... :hug:

Edbear
1st November 2006, 05:22
aaaawwww........ dat's soooooooo schweeeettt!!!! young love... :hug:

LOL!!! Yeah that time we'd only been married 18 years! It's 29 years, now!:rockon:

She was stoked recently to have passed her first year of a three year Diploma in Early Childhood Education, too. So you're never too old,as they say, though she's not sure she will still want to work in this area when she's 50. Still, she'll have the real satisfaction of having achieved a qualification and that's a feeling worth pursuing. :first:

ajturbo
1st November 2006, 06:18

but you would say that to anyone who uses a whip!!!:innocent:

MyGSXF
1st November 2006, 18:52
She was stoked recently to have passed her first year of a three year Diploma in Early Childhood Education, too. So you're never too old,as they say, though she's not sure she will still want to work in this area when she's 50. Still, she'll have the real satisfaction of having achieved a qualification and that's a feeling worth pursuing. :first:

Hey.. that's real cool!! :2thumbsup tell her congrats from me!!! :clap:

Beemer
2nd November 2006, 16:35
Congratulations - nice feeling to have that behind you, I bet. I've just finished three extramural papers (passed all of them, yay!) and now only have another four to go to complete my graduate diploma. Only trouble is, not all the papers I want to do are offered next year so it could drag over to 2008.

One paper was really interesting (media law and ethics) but the other two weren't so exciting. And one tutor's handwriting was so bad I have no idea whether his comments were good or bad!

MyGSXF
2nd November 2006, 21:48
Congratulations - nice feeling to have that behind you, I bet. I've just finished three extramural papers (passed all of them, yay!) and now only have another four to go to complete my graduate diploma. Only trouble is, not all the papers I want to do are offered next year so it could drag over to 2008.

One paper was really interesting (media law and ethics) but the other two weren't so exciting. And one tutor's handwriting was so bad I have no idea whether his comments were good or bad!

Thanks Beemer.. & congratulations to you too on passing your papers!!!! :clap: Hope you can get the extra papers sorted soon as!!

5 years is going to be a bloody long time.. but I'm passionate about the learning.. so am looking forward to getting my teeth into it!! :yes:

our main tutor used his computer to type his comments for our assignments.. exactly for the reason you state.. coz his writing is totally unreadable.. lol..!!

All the best Beemer!!!

Jen:scooter:

MyGSXF
17th December 2006, 21:09
We had our graduation from Polytech on Fri.. was all very official like.. even had to wear a bloody dress :gob: (I had to dig deep in the drawers for one of them, I can tell ya... :shutup: )

so anyway.. thought I'd put a pic of my mug up.. holding my certificate.. just to prove it really happened!! :shutup:

was pretty cool to get it presented up on stage in front of hundreds of people.. even if I was near cacking meself with nerves.... :sick: tis the first big thing I've completed.. so I'm kinda proud of meself... ;)

Jen :rockon:

ps: I wish inline4 could see this.. :yes:

miSTa
17th December 2006, 21:25
Excellent work Jen. Its a beautiful feeling doing something like that for yourself isn't it?

I know you mean about nerves. When I got my degree I had to get up stage in front a shitload of people as well but then to make it worse I had to do it again for some award I had won.

Well done. :rockon:

bell
17th December 2006, 21:29
Well done mate! (well, from back in October when this thread went up)

Remind me to share some of my favourite social work 'experiences' with you at New Year...

MyGSXF
17th December 2006, 21:32
Oh yeah.. & forgot to say... I got the highest in the class for my final assessment too... :first:

gijoe1313
17th December 2006, 21:53
Congrats once again, you exemplify the ideal independent, life-long, learner! It seems so far when you start, the light at the end of the tunnel seems so distant. But anything worth doing always requires struggle and effort (trying hard to avoid being cliched...oh, wait - darn!)

On ya! Now it's time to put those skills into use and contribute to making our global society a little bit better! :woohoo:

miSTa
17th December 2006, 22:01
Oh yeah.. & forgot to say... I got the highest in the class for my final assessment too... :first:
Come on, no one likes a skite.

Seriously Jen, very well done.

MyGSXF
17th December 2006, 23:42
Come on, no one likes a skite.

wasn't trying to.. :nya:

am rather chuffed with MYSELF for passing so high.. because it has otherwise been a CRAP year, due to a certain person who shall remain nameless.. who tried his darndest to make me feel 1cm tall.. & whom treated all that I KNEW to be true.. as a load of dribble! (due to his own serious power & control issues..)

So.. this assessment for ME, was HUGE validation that I DO have some bloody GREAT knowledge & skills!!! :Punk: sometimes we just need a reminder!!!! :yes:

Seriously Jen, very well done.

Trudes
18th December 2006, 05:50
That's wicked Jen, well done!!!!!:rockon:

ManDownUnder
18th December 2006, 08:51
We had our graduation from Polytech on Fri.. was all very official like.. even had to wear a bloody dress :gob: (I had to dig deep in the drawers for one of them, I can tell ya... :shutup: )

so anyway.. thought I'd put a pic of my mug up.. holding my certificate.. just to prove it really happened!! :shutup:

was pretty cool to get it presented up on stage in front of hundreds of people.. even if I was near cacking meself with nerves.... :sick: tis the first big thing I've completed.. so I'm kinda proud of meself... ;)

ps: I wish inline4 could see this.. :yes:

AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME !!!!!!
:niceone:

Edbear
18th December 2006, 12:02
Good onyer, Jen! It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Update on the Missus - she's not happy she has to have three assignments in by end Jan, two of them by 8th! I told her to ask for an extension as we're off on holiday for two weeks! She's got stuck in right away though, so making good progress and I'm giving her a hand.

Her first ride back on pillion for 30 years, I wrote about in the thread, "The couple on the GS1200 and the VTR". IN short, she had a great time but we need either a bigger bike to give her more comfort, (she had a ride on the back of a mate's C90T Boulevard and loved it!), or get her her own. She likes the Virago 250 as a starter. So we'll see what the New Year brings.

She does look good in the new outfit, too. Not as tight as the leather, but comfortable and safe. (Bit like me, I guess...)

MyGSXF
19th December 2006, 14:48
Good onyer, Jen! It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Hell yeah!!!! :Punk:

Update on the Missus - she's not happy she has to have three assignments in by end Jan, two of them by 8th! I told her to ask for an extension as we're off on holiday for two weeks! She's got stuck in right away though, so making good progress and I'm giving her a hand.

Whatta work load for this time of year!!! :shit: Aren't you a lovely hubby for helping...! Tell her 'give it heaps & good luck ' from me!! :2thumbsup

Her first ride back on pillion for 30 years, in short, she had a great time but we need either a bigger bike to give her more comfort, or get her her own. She likes the Virago 250 as a starter. So we'll see what the New Year brings.

DEFINATELY get her own mate!!! nothing hotter than a leather clad chick on her OWN machine!!!! aahhh... so I've been told....:shutup:

She does look good in the new outfit, too. Not as tight as the leather, but comfortable and safe. (Bit like me, I guess...)

Wipe ya chin.. ya dribbling.. :drool:

PS: have an awesome & SAFE trip away!!!!!! :done:

Edbear
19th December 2006, 16:28
DEFINATELY get her own mate!!! nothing hotter than a leather clad chick on her OWN machine!!!! aahhh... so I've been told....:shutup:

Thanks, Jen, we'll do our best! :yes: And you're right about the above... :love: (Now where did I put that face towell...:innocent: )