PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to cordura pants

Pogo2
30th October 2006, 16:43
:scooter: Now that the warmer weather is here is there any alternative to cordura trousers from a safety point of view. I know alot of KB'ers wear Draggin Jean but was wondering if there were any other options excluding leather and the like.

Thanks for your opinions

Maverick
30th October 2006, 16:51
Start eating more pies

Mav :rockon:

Clivoris
30th October 2006, 16:52
It's often safer for me to close all the doors and windows, open a six pack and watch a bit of telly. However, when the sun is shining and I'm feeling reckless and adventurous, I reach for the draggin jeans and leather jacket. Haven't crashed in them yet though, so can't vouch for the protection values.

McJim
30th October 2006, 16:55
I've actually toyed with the idea of getting some knee pads - like the ones for Skateboarding/Downhill Mountainbiking/MX etc and just wearing them under a pair of combat troosers or jeans.

Can anyone tell me if this is lunacy or a sensible idea?

God knows I've tried Mav's sugestion with the pies - just makes you hit the ground harder.

Pogo2
30th October 2006, 16:57
[QUOTE=Maverick;805825]Start eating more pies

I switched to cordura as the leather was unable to stretch do to the initial intake of pies. Has anyone heard of leather shrinkage?:yes: Or is it just me

Squeak the Rat
30th October 2006, 16:58
I've actually toyed with the idea of getting some knee pads - like the ones for Skateboarding/Downhill Mountainbiking/MX etc and just wearing them under a pair of combat troosers or jeans.

Two words: hip - thigh - road - ouch - thats - seven - words.

dawnrazor
30th October 2006, 16:59
[QUOTE=Maverick;805825]Has anyone heard of leather shrinkage?

bring out the gimp

Pogo2
30th October 2006, 17:05
[QUOTE=Pogo2;805835]

bring out the gimp

At least a gimp suit would have lots of ventilation holes :gob: Maybe its the way to go - not!

inlinefour
30th October 2006, 17:07
:scooter: Now that the warmer weather is here is there any alternative to cordura trousers from a safety point of view. I know alot of KB'ers wear Draggin Jean but was wondering if there were any other options excluding leather and the like.

Thanks for your opinions

Only thing I have found to be better than Codura is leathers http://www.quasimoto.co.nz. Draggin jeans are OK, but I'm forever sliding about on the seat, which is a total pain in the arse. I have now relegated my draggins to riding MX these days... :done:

pritch
30th October 2006, 18:24

More sensible than wearing a kilt but otherwise it's pretty much lunacy

I've seen ads in the Yank mags for a sort of padded underwear. Progably complete anathema to a Scot though.

As may be parting with the (not inconsiderable) cash.

http://www.actionstation.com/

Filterer
30th October 2006, 19:15
10chars...

Jantar
30th October 2006, 19:36
[QUOTE=Maverick;805825] Has anyone heard of leather shrinkage?:yes: Or is it just me

Yes, I can attest to the fact that leather does shrink over time. In 1986 I had a one piece touring suit made to measure. Earlier this year I gave it to my nephew as there was no way it would fit me anymore. :innocent:

Motu
30th October 2006, 21:22
I had a Jew in Melbourne make me custom made leathers in 1980 - I suspect they must of pulled a similar stunt on Hilter,because he was pissed off with them too.One of my boys might grow into them oneday.....then I'll have an idea of how slim I was.....

slimjim
31st October 2006, 08:22
Heres what you need man....

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=22600

:gob: still fucking laughing,:yes: :yes: , and gee was't wrong with jandles and short's and a good looking tee shirt,:dodge: to each their own,:love:

HenryDorsetCase
31st October 2006, 10:10
It's often safer for me to close all the doors and windows, open a six pack and watch a bit of telly. However, when the sun is shining and I'm feeling reckless and adventurous, I reach for the draggin jeans and leather jacket. Haven't crashed in them yet though, so can't vouch for the protection values.

Im with you on that one. I hate cordura pants, they make your balls more sweaty than if you are in the front row of Calendar Girls on "chick on chick" night.

I like Draggin jeans, though I am conscious that while there is abrasion protection, there is no impact protection. I try and ride accordingly.

I think leather pants with the spandex panels. I'll be honest, I just like spandex.

Pogo2
31st October 2006, 19:43
Heres what you need man....

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=22600

Even tho I ride a scooter there are some things I would not lower myself to including this monstrosity. No respectable law enforcement officer would be seen dead in that outfit!!!!!!!!