PDA

View Full Version : Racing Tyres

Darkman
31st October 2006, 17:47
Was wondering if anyone can tell me what a good tyre is to race with. Was told that Perelli Diablo supercorsa S1 is good for the front and SC2 for the rear. The only problem is that I my front is a 120/60/17 and they don't make a supercorsa SC1 that size. What will happen to the handling if i put on a 120/70/17 on the front?

Also looking for a clutch perch of any newish GSXr 600,750,100. Anyone got one for sale?

cowpoos
31st October 2006, 18:07
tyre will probally rub against the mudgaurd...and may turn slow...infact may do lots of things...give it a try...if this is for your gsxr400 I'd look at a set of dunlop slicks...will last you for ages on a 400...and come in every size you can imagine...

Shaun
31st October 2006, 18:12
PM Quassi mate, he will give you the correct awnser

Darkman
31st October 2006, 18:12
tyre will probally rub against the mudgaurd...and may turn slow...infact may do lots of things...give it a try...if this is for your gsxr400 I'd look at a set of dunlop slicks...will last you for ages on a 400...and come in every size you can imagine...

mmm..why does some people race slicks and other on tyres like the pirellis or racetecks..why not everybody race on slicks? Does slicks not heat up quick enough or are they very expensive? Back home everyone raced on slicks and here they don't, why?

Darkman
31st October 2006, 18:17

Quasi does not race his GSXR, he said.

cowpoos
31st October 2006, 18:21
I dunno....some classes you have to run DOT legal tyres...I was using racetechs....and they are grippy mutha's....no question about it...but I was using them up so bloody fast it was rediculas....now I'm running pirelli slicks and they've got a lil bit more grip [from what I can tell] and they last shit loads longer... but yeah...PM quasi...he's got a gsxr400 and I presume he's tryed the 70 profile front from what shaun was getting at...I suggested the dunlop slicks coz they are popular the world over for small bikes in racing...

roogazza
31st October 2006, 19:32
Was wondering if anyone can tell me what a good tyre is to race with. Was told that Perelli Diablo supercorsa S1 is good for the front and SC2 for the rear. The only problem is that I my front is a 120/60/17 and they don't make a supercorsa SC1 that size. What will happen to the handling if i put on a 120/70/17 on the front?

Also looking for a clutch perch of any newish GSXr 600,750,100. Anyone got one for sale?

I don't know how good you are buddy but I use Pilot powers and they are better than me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But i guess others on here will have opinions ? Gaz.

Two Smoker
31st October 2006, 19:39
Use a 120/70 -17 Supercorsa Pro SC1 on the front and a 160/60 -17 Supercorsa Pro SC2 on the rear...(Used them on my old ZXR400) You will be happy :niceone: Otherwise you can use slicks, but you will need spare rims with wets on...

Darkman
31st October 2006, 22:24

Quasi said he is using Dunlop GPR70's and that they are really good, so will phone the shop tomorrow and get some.Most probably have to get tire warmers then...?

loosebruce
1st November 2006, 08:00
Quasi said he is using Dunlop GPR70's and that they are really good, so will phone the shop tomorrow and get some.Most probably have to get tire warmers then...?

Make sure you get the GPR70"SP", tyre warmers? if you have the spare coin and are serious about it yea grab em, but he GPR's have a reasonably quick warm up time so you prolly wouldn't have to bother.