PDA

View Full Version : Dirt-track sidecars

Blondini
31st October 2006, 20:16
Hi ,just wondering if there are any KBers doing this sport.My partner used to swing at Rosebank and Wangavegas.:jerry:

Motu
31st October 2006, 22:04
Speedway sidecars is the most exciting motorsport I've ever seen,and I've been a fan since the '60's.Never done it myself,but have had sidecars and known several riders over the years.I've been a regular at Rosebank since the track opened,but since moving out of Auckland seldom go there now.What chair did he swing on?

Blondini
1st November 2006, 13:05
Speedway sidecars is the most exciting motorsport I've ever seen,and I've been a fan since the '60's.Never done it myself,but have had sidecars and known several riders over the years.I've been a regular at Rosebank since the track opened,but since moving out of Auckland seldom go there now.What chair did he swing on?

HI He(Jeremy) swung mainly off 61a with cabbage also has swung for gavin (gav and mouse) and on occasion 37 and 1nz with Nick.He had a bad crash and his head hit the wall:gob: :oi-grr: ( while filming a programme for Korean T.V.)Sadly,he died a year later suddenly:gob: .True it is exciting but bloody dangerous as hell I still say and yes I still love to watch it.Jeremy used to be like a kid at christmas time on race day he thrived on it:woohoo:

Motu
1st November 2006, 13:52
That's sad,and I saw him in action for sure....but never knew of course.Sidecars take some huge hits - I've known Trigger since he was a lad and have seen him in a couple of prangs I didn't think he'd get up from...but he walked away.The sidecar supporters are very vocal about on track antics,it's a lot of fun to spectate with them,I was usualy on the front straight with Ugene and Trigger.Leon (666) has been coming to classic trials for a few years,enjoying a day playing around on bikes with his boy away from the drama of speedway.

Paul in NZ
1st November 2006, 14:27
I always wonder why Motocross sidecars never took off here? I had one once and it was bloody hilarious fun. Scared me and my mate stupid on many occasions.

Blondini
2nd November 2006, 13:21
I always wonder why Motocross sidecars never took off here? I had one once and it was bloody hilarious fun. Scared me and my mate stupid on many occasions.

Yes well say no more :lol: sounds like a bit of madness .I wonder why it never caught on:shit:

Paul in NZ
2nd November 2006, 14:21
It did catch on in Europe - it was SPECTACULAR and the last form of motor sport where the big lusty brit twin was competitive.

http://www.sidecarcross.com/

Beside - any motorsport where someone can race a Virago has gotta be a bit of a giggle..

Motu
2nd November 2006, 14:26
My next road outfit I want to be one a passenger can participate in,kinda like a motocross chair...actualy a desert racer chair.I want the passenger to stand up with a handhold,and with other hand holds and foot holds to move around the chair...totaly not the done thing,but the roads I'll be on are pretty well cop free.This will be for my boys and I to ride together.I've got the sidecar,an old farm hack that I'll modify....it only cost me $20,so no loss if I slip with the gasaxe.Next I have to find the bike,the XT is not suitable for a chair.