PDA

View Full Version : Farmside satellite broadband

What?
1st November 2006, 19:58
Anyone here using it?
Opinions? Or facts??
Coz it is starting to look like my only option, other than staying with carrier pigeon (a crippled one at that).

marty
1st November 2006, 20:04
how about fonterra radio wireless?

What?
1st November 2006, 20:06
Nope. Where I live is in a shadow for all wireless. Can only get a half-way reasonable TV signal via Sky digital.

Biff
1st November 2006, 22:00
Within the next year or so you may be lucky enough to have access to a new rural broadband link (google MIMO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple-input_multiple-output) if you want to get techie).

There's possibly some discussion under way between telcos & the utilities at the mo, who may or may not be hatching a plan. Allegedly.

cowpoos
2nd November 2006, 09:01
you lucky buggar.....you've got carrier pidgeons....I'm stuck with drunkin monkeys that sit on posts waving flags at each other till the one on the end enters it in to the exchange with a morse code thingy....its a bitch on windy days!!!

mynameis
2nd November 2006, 10:33
Mate you looked into Xtra Wireless ? Aren't Bay City's charges like $90 per month or more with $500 install ?

Xtra Wireless is $60 per month which obviously means longer run you will breakeven and spend less compared to the higher install cost and charges of Farm Side.

mynameis

What?
3rd November 2006, 05:30
IF I could get wireless (see post above), it wouldn't be with Xtra. Netsmart offer a far superior service for the same money as Xtra do via project whateveritiscalled, or half the price of Xtra's ordinary rates. I am also busily developing a gargantuan hatred for all things Telecon...

ajturbo
3rd November 2006, 07:42
sounds like cowpoos was the bastered who pinch MY monkeys and replaced them with dyslexic Indinas using smoke signals.... (and most days it seams that they have no matches...)

when i was up your way i asked about it also... 3k later..... for get it

SATMAN
22nd April 2007, 22:39
For your Wireless Broadband.
They use the iPstar satellite for their service.Downlod speed of 2 mbps and upload of 1 mbps.
A gateway can also be added for multiple accounts if there is a few houses in on location that can see the dish.

Other service providers using the same satellite have download speeds of 256 Kbps and upload of 128 Kbps

Wireless Nation charge $499.00 +GST plus some milage if necessary and their cheapest plan starts at $57.00 inc GST for 1 gig.

Their website is www.wirelessnation.co.nz :Punk:

soundbeltfarm
23rd April 2007, 09:01
we just ordered the farmside sat broadband.
the wait is 4 weeks till install.
it may be slow compared to what most people are getting but it'l be super speed compared to this dial up shit.
at 80 bucks a month it is cheap for me and my family sanity.

SATMAN
23rd April 2007, 09:24
Why be disappointed with the farmside system.I have heard plenty who have put the farmside in only to remove it a month later.These people have then installed wireless nation.The install pricing may be a bit more but the monthly fees are heaps cheaper.$57.00 inc gst for 1 gig.

I had farmside in ,but it was slow.256Kbps down load.128 Kbps upload.I cancelled the contract,Had it removed and then had wireless nation come in and fit there system.
It's fast , 2 Mbps down load with 1 Mbps download.I can send a 28 meg file in under 2 minutes.

Any one else had dealings with either farmside or wireless nation?

Krusti
23rd April 2007, 09:49
To anyone out there who wants....we have an older Farmside wireless aerial and modem sitting here.

Shifted out of line of site with Kaimai Range.

PM me if interested....