PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi Biker Track Day 5 -- May 2007

Pages : 1 [2]

The Stranger
2nd May 2007, 00:44
( if i get her fixed that is :p)

Pleased to see you are getting your excuses ready early.

boomer
2nd May 2007, 07:43
probably this one anyways :(

You going med-fast or fast group?

sow group.. so i can kick dovers ass :third:

Pleased to see you are getting your excuses ready early.

when i rode the k7, i photocopied the back of the user manual, 101 excuses:dodge: for getting schooled

placidfemme
2nd May 2007, 08:41
I'm just waiting on confirmation of a bigger memory card that I can borrow, and then hopefully Sam will be able to full it up with piccies... at the moment my lil memory card only holds 12 pics :(

DMNTD
2nd May 2007, 08:48
I'm just waiting on confirmation of a bigger memory card that I can borrow,

Consider it confirmed :sunny:

placidfemme
2nd May 2007, 08:58
Consider it confirmed :sunny:

your a star :Punk:

SimJen
2nd May 2007, 10:12
probably this one anyways :(

You going med-fast or fast group?

I'll be taking it pretty easy, haven't had much time recently on the bike.
Although they say its like riding a bicycle.....
I may get straight into it though and kick some Honda butt.....then again I may get my butt handed to me by 400's :)
Either way as long as its fine, I'll be happy to let her rip without fear of the fuzz.

boomer
2nd May 2007, 11:22
I'll be taking it pretty easy, haven't had much time recently on the bike.
Although they say its like riding a bicycle.....
I may get straight into it though and kick some Honda butt.....then again I may get my butt handed to me by 400's :)
Either way as long as its fine, I'll be happy to let her rip without fear of the fuzz.

in true fashion... straight from teh handbook 101.... "'ll be taking it pretty easy, haven't had much time recently on the bike."

SimJen
2nd May 2007, 11:37
in true fashion... straight from teh handbook 101.... "'ll be taking it pretty easy, haven't had much time recently on the bike."

Yep :scooter:
Seriously I used to commute everyday 100km's or so. But in the last 6 months I've had a company ute, so have hardly used the bike. Less than 500km's in 6 months....its a killer.
I'm not saying I am faster than anyone else though.......some of these other guys who have, had better be able to back it up on the day.
If I remember the rules of the day (Frosty's) its not a race! and timing won't be allowed. So who's going to know who's faster?
It'll all be conjecture!
Everyone knows black ones are quicker anyways.....even standing still :Punk:

Disco Dan
2nd May 2007, 12:41
I will be bringing along my camera mount for anyone that wishes to use it:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48477&d=1166067120

It can be adjusted to fit most bikes and bolts onto one of your filler cap screw holes. The suckers on the front absorb most of the vibrations and make pretty darn good videos! You can adjust it to include your guages or just the road etc. The bolt is a standard size camera mount bolt that fits 99% of cameras. I have tested it with surprisingly large cameras without problems.

When I have used it, I have never had the suckers brake loose. Even if they do, it wont fall off as the bolt is holding it on. It may move to the left/right a bit but that will be it if the suckers break loose.

If you like it - I can make you one $30.

Look out for my giant red top box. If you want to use it just ask!

slinky
2nd May 2007, 13:56

the one with the foam mattress and sleepn bag tucked away?

The Stranger
2nd May 2007, 14:18

It's pink!
Mind you, makes a good rubbish bin I believe.

Morcs
2nd May 2007, 16:37
I will be bringing along my camera mount for anyone that wishes to use it:

Can I borrow it for a session?

Disco Dan
2nd May 2007, 16:40
It's pink!
Mind you, makes a good rubbish bin I believe.

RED!

...Yeah... need to start fricking charging for storage I think!

FROSTY
2nd May 2007, 19:27
Keep in mind folks--the bike must both PASS scrutineering --AND continue to be up to scrutineering standards--A GREAT BIG FUCK OFF CAMERA MOUNT AND CAMERA POINTING AT YA GUT WON'T PASS

cowpoos
2nd May 2007, 19:30
Keep in mind folks--the bike must both PASS scrutineering --AND continue to be up to scrutineering standards--A GREAT BIG FUCK OFF CAMERA MOUNT AND CAMERA POINTING AT YA GUT WON'T PASS
why not?????????

FROSTY
2nd May 2007, 19:35
cos it wont

montsta56
2nd May 2007, 19:39
Heya
Seen it'll be my first Track Day do you have to bring your own fluro vest??? That you must wear?

cowpoos
2nd May 2007, 19:42
cos it wont
but why??????????

R6_kid
2nd May 2007, 20:06

You'd better believe it, i have a rebuilt engine to run-in, suspension to set up, my tyres are shite to say the least, I have had a massive 5 times on a bike since February... oh and the 'new' bike is somewhat more powerful than my last...

Basically, if i pass you, im gonna laugh.

The Stranger
2nd May 2007, 20:13
You'd better believe it, i have a rebuilt engine to run-in, suspension to set up, my tyres are shite to say the least, I have had a massive 5 times on a bike since February... oh and the 'new' bike is somewhat more powerful than my last...

Basically, if i pass you, im gonna laugh.

No bloody good talking about it, you got to get it finished before you can ride it.

R6_kid
2nd May 2007, 20:21
No bloody good talking about it, you got to get it finished before you can ride it.

shouldnt you be in the garage working on it?

Brett
2nd May 2007, 20:37
Crap - Just checked that my WOF runs out on the 5th...and I haven't got a chance to get one before then...may have to take the bike to work and go inmy lunch break.

The Stranger
2nd May 2007, 20:47
shouldnt you be in the garage working on it?

I have been.

Swapping out all the good bits from yours onto mine.

R6_kid
2nd May 2007, 20:52
good thing i already swapped most of it over last night when you were out, just gotta hope you swapped all the same shit back!

boomer
3rd May 2007, 00:00

huh.. its good enough for race days and the other track days>?

and i'd appreciate it if the guy who scutineered last year didnt grab hold of my radar mount and shake it like a papakura 2year old this time ;)

boomer
3rd May 2007, 00:05
good thing i already swapped most of it over last night when you were out, just gotta hope you swapped all the same shit back!

if you pass me i'll give my bike to charity

aff-man
3rd May 2007, 00:07
Looking to buy a ticket if someone can't make it..... pm me if you got one..
Cheers

babyB
3rd May 2007, 02:27
:banana: :wari: only three more sleeps:clap:

The_Dover
3rd May 2007, 05:52
Looking to buy a ticket if someone can't make it..... pm me if you got one..
Cheers

I'll sell you mine for five hundred bucks.

FROSTY
3rd May 2007, 08:22
Ill sell My spot for $1000 --

Drew
3rd May 2007, 18:17
Ill sell My spot for $1000 --

Fuck, I'll give ya a grand to kick Poos out:yes:

FROSTY
3rd May 2007, 19:00
Fuck, I'll give ya a grand to kick Poos out:yes:
Hmm justy got a pm ofering me 2k to do thje same to you--decisions decisions :Punk:

And bringing this thread back onto topic...

How many garages are there in the new pits? and will we have access to them?

FROSTY
3rd May 2007, 22:10
there are 35 garages--Yes You could book a garage.
go to http://www.tauporacetrack.co.nz/
The garages are bloody huge--each one will easily take 8 bikes

Blondini
3rd May 2007, 22:24
I hope you all have the greatest time,I will be there in spirit:love:

I can't see any information on there about booking a garage, but suspect that would be at extra cost no?

If it's going to cost a lot extra then don't think I'll bother, just assumed (wrongly it seems) that hiring the track meant hiring the garages as well...

boomer
3rd May 2007, 22:29
I can't see any information on there about booking a garage, but suspect that would be at extra cost no?

If it's going to cost a lot extra then don't think I'll bother, just assumed (wrongly it seems) that hiring the track meant hiring the garages as well...

its about 3 or 4 hundie for a garage; a drop in the ocean if ya need space for all ya hoes ;)

FROSTY
3rd May 2007, 22:38
nope-Garages are exttra--Now they are $250 each but they are bloody HUGE --like each one takesabout 8 -10 bikes easily

nope-Garages are exttra--Now they are $250 each but they are bloody HUGE --like each one takesabout 8 -10 bikes easily

$250 on top of the track hiring costs as well? Do they expect people are going to use them?

Personally I can't see the business sense in having them sat there doing nothing, it's not like anyone else will be able to use them while we're out on the track.

Oh what am I thinking... this is NZ we're talking about...

FROSTY
4th May 2007, 08:32
WOA THERE--if ya have a problem with how the OWNERS of the garages and track do things--have a bleat at them
I'm working with what I've got

GIXser
4th May 2007, 11:18
$250 on top of the track hiring costs as well? Do they expect people are going to use them?

Personally I can't see the business sense in having them sat there doing nothing, it's not like anyone else will be able to use them while we're out on the track.

Oh what am I thinking... this is NZ we're talking about...

im with you, Karma
i think it is rediculous that they are charging $250 a garage. they have obviously put some "moron" in charge of this if only they charged say a hundred , they would actually recieve some money, instead of zip"
in saying all that, ya dont really need one, its handy bringing a pit tent just in case the sun comes out though,---

i might write a letter/email to taupo track to see why they are that price--

WOA THERE--if ya have a problem with how the OWNERS of the garages and track do things--have a bleat at them

i dont believe it was directed at you frosty, you do a sterling job"

Yeh sorry dude, wasn't aimed at you at all. You got my respect for putting the day together, even if you do ride a pink bike :rockon:

FROSTY
4th May 2007, 13:51
go to ---------post 2
Garages are at the VERY special price of $200 each for our trackday
For this money you get.
a 4-6 car sized Garage with fluro lighting.
To give you an idea how big--they have 4 holden v8 sized roller doors and will fit 4 holden V8's with room to spare
Running water and (at least) 4 electric power points for tyre warmers electric drills etc.
Before having a moan --think about this--The garage will fit a very MINIMUM of 8 bikes with literally room tons of room around em to work on the bikes Id say more likely each garage will without trouble fit 10 bikes
10 of ya get together and bingo $20 buck each
Call JACKY on 07 3765033 to book a garage --or just get one on the day

GIXser
4th May 2007, 14:01
go to ---------post 2
Garages are at the VERY special price of $200 each for our trackday
For this money you get.
a 4-6 car sized Garage with fluro lighting.
To give you an idea how big--they have 4 holden v8 sized roller doors and will fit 4 holden V8's with room to spare
Running water and (at least) 4 electric power points for tyre warmers electric drills etc.
Before having a moan --think about this--The garage will fit a very MINIMUM of 8 bikes with literally room tons of room around em to work on the bikes Id say more likely each garage will without trouble fit 10 bikes
10 of ya get together and bingo $20 buck each
Call JACKY on 07 3765033 to book a garage --or just get one on the day

Hmmm 10 people in a garage all working on bikes,, me thinks not.. 5 comfortably with tools, petrol cans , tire warmers, pit stands etc, then ofcourse there is the entering and exiting the garage, during track sessions,

still a rip---and it shows cos no one hires them!!!

FROSTY
4th May 2007, 14:17
Ok Gix tell ya what--I'm prepared to make a lil wager with you --
THERE IS ENOUGH ROOM FOR 8 RACE BIKES COMPLETE WITH WARMERS /WORK ON THE BIKES--EVEN FULL WHEEL SWAP OUTS AND NO INTERFERENCE BETWEEN INDIVIDUAL BIKES AT ALL -EVERY BIKE CAN COME AND GO FROM THE GARAGE WITHOUT PASSING OR INTERFERING WITH ANOTHER BIKE
with a bit of carefull positioning Id suggest that even 10 RACEBIKES would be easily done (might be a squeeze)
The garages are 10.0m square -with 4 single car roller doors -2 each end
This is a statement from me
If I am wrong I will shout you your next track day--If I am right--YOU will pay me double---ya up for the bet??

ArcherWC
4th May 2007, 14:19
Frosty's getting testee, haha

yod
4th May 2007, 14:35
prolly been asked already but anyhoo....if i wanna toodle on up and just have a nosey (not ride the track just watch), any charge to get in? just bowl on through??

FROSTY
4th May 2007, 15:10
Yod---no charge to watch-unless you are STUPID enough to hang ya legs on the trackside of the pit wall
And NO archer--me not testie at all ---the bet was typed with a big ol grin on my face--i WANNA SEE NOW IT THE DOUBTING THOMASES ACTUALLY TAKE ME UP ON THE BET.

yod
4th May 2007, 15:13
Yod---no charge to watch-unless you are STUPID enough to hang ya legs on the trackside of the pit wall

mint...thx mate.....

aff-man
4th May 2007, 15:50
$200 for the whole garage aint too bad...

2 months ago they wanted $200.... per side.

JayRacer37
4th May 2007, 17:35
Hmmm 10 people in a garage all working on bikes,, me thinks not.. 5 comfortably with tools, petrol cans , tire warmers, pit stands etc, then ofcourse there is the entering and exiting the garage, during track sessions,

still a rip---and it shows cos no one hires them!!!

Na mate, you really would be able to fit 8 bikes in there. everyone has to be careful with what they do with there equipment but...it could be done.

as for a rip, we pay significantly more for significantly less provsioned garages elsewhere and at the nationals, so suck up that bottom lip and count ya lucky stars....its not that much compared to enty/tyre bill/gas/transport/accomodation/etc/etc for the weekend is it....esph if you share it.

JayRacer37
4th May 2007, 17:40
I will have at the track day on Sunday a range of HJC's Premier racing helmets. These will be avalible for anyone who wishes to to try on on track for a session. I have a range of sizes so i'll be hoping most everyone will be catered for. Come give me a yell sometime during the day if you want to take up this oppertunity :D

Cheers, Jay Lawrence

EDIT: PM me tonight if you'd like to make a plan or ask any qustions.

GIXser
4th May 2007, 21:36
Na mate, you really would be able to fit 8 bikes in there. everyone has to be careful with what they do with there equipment but...it could be done.

as for a rip, we pay significantly more for significantly less provsioned garages elsewhere and at the nationals, so suck up that bottom lip and count ya lucky stars....its not that much compared to enty/tyre bill/gas/transport/accomodation/etc/etc for the weekend is it....esph if you share it.

hmmmm. so why does no one actually hire them??? cos every time i have been there they havent exactly been fully booked, as a matter of fact out of all the trackdays i have only seen one person hire a shed/garage there.....
so my point is , if they actually made em, say $ 100 they would probably hire 10 or so during a trackday, and actually make a profit out of them rather than sitting empty---
basic principles of business, Supply v Demand,

Maybe they don't actually want people using them? Set the price just high enough that they're more than the 'common' man would want to pay, and therefore they don't get any commoners in their garages?

Well whatever the reason, I'll not be paying that much.

JayRacer37
5th May 2007, 01:07
hmmmm. so why does no one actually hire them??? cos every time i have been there they havent exactly been fully booked, as a matter of fact out of all the trackdays i have only seen one person hire a shed/garage there.....
so my point is , if they actually made em, say $ 100 they would probably hire 10 or so during a trackday, and actually make a profit out of them rather than sitting empty---
basic principles of business, Supply v Demand,

But in reality, who needs a garage at a track day?? the majority are just riding their road bikes, so they dont need any more than their average day on the road, so theres no need for a garage. its unual to have racer-types at track days, so the garage useage is going to be less. But yea price wise I see your point. some for less makes more sence than none for more. but so be it.

Drew
5th May 2007, 09:29
$200 split only five ways is only $40, so i dont understand what people are bitching about, but it is only a track day, so it aint that inportant.

FROSTY
5th May 2007, 12:39
Maybe they don't actually want people using them? Set the price just high enough that they're more than the 'common' man would want to pay, and therefore they don't get any commoners in their garages?

Well whatever the reason, I'll not be paying that much.
HECK NO--the last thing they want is a bunch of unwashed Suzuki riders soiling their pristine new garages.
:innocent: :innocent:

scracha
5th May 2007, 17:35
Gaffer tape - Check
Helmet - Check
Leathers - Check
Boots - Check
Gloves - Check
Tools - Check
Driving license - Check
Cash - Check
Bike starts OK - Check.
Diesel in missus' car - Check
Sunblock - Check
Cheque for new bike - Check
Weather forecase - Check

All systems go here. Looks like a nice cool day tomorrow so no sweating like a mofo in leathers.

Even pre-scruted bike and loaded it into the horse box this evening. I feel like a bloody saint.

I'll be on the mooch for a footpump tomorrow. Just found out mine is fakked.

C ya's all tomorrow. Dunno why everyone is bitching about working on bikes in garages. It's a trackday FFS. Ride the bikes and stop bloody worrying about tinkering with them.

MSTRS
5th May 2007, 17:43
Cheque for new bike - Check

Bike to swap for cheque - check. It's on the trailer mate - see you tomorrow....

Gixxer 4 ever
5th May 2007, 20:34
I will have at the track day on Sunday a range of HJC's Premier racing helmets. These will be avalible for anyone who wishes to to try on on track for a session. I have a range of sizes so i'll be hoping most everyone will be catered for. Come give me a yell sometime during the day if you want to take up this oppertunity :D

Cheers, Jay Lawrence

EDIT: PM me tonight if you'd like to make a plan or ask any qustions.

Hi Jay. Nice, will come and have a look. I will let Patrick know you are going to be at the track. He might already know but ........
I am not riding but doing bike recovery. Hope to get time to come over and catch up. Cheers Steve ( Patricks Dad from Napier )

Gixxer 4 ever
5th May 2007, 20:42
whats the weather ment to be doing that weekend frosty?

Morning fog that will burn off by 9 am. A warm sunny day to follow with cool air settling in for the evening.

How's that Poos?

Crazy Steve
6th May 2007, 05:16
Anyone not going this Morning??

Crazy Steve..

moT
6th May 2007, 19:45
awsome track day ppl even tho i didnt get out much because of my tire. got a new one at end of the day tho

Gixxer 4 ever
6th May 2007, 20:00
awsome track day ppl even tho i didnt get out much because of my tire. got a new one at end of the day tho

Don't know how that one got passed in scrutineering. I noted you out on the track later in the Avo and we were pleased to hear you had changed it.

MSTRS
6th May 2007, 20:02
Jay doing what he's good at...

moT
6th May 2007, 20:09
i had a turn on my mates gsxr750 for a session that bike was mean cld do better lap times on my nc30 tho :) got this damn shinko on it mannaged to do 1.47 on it in my 6 laps ;) got any more photos?

MSTRS
6th May 2007, 20:12
hXc 'looking after' a borrowed 'busa - apart from a fzr400 today, he's never been on bigger than his Spada....
the obligatory rogues aka The Partitime Maori Club
Yungatart helping keep the 'busa planted

A big thanks to Micro for his trust and generosity:first: :2thumbsup

hXc
6th May 2007, 20:15
Busa, Busa, Busa, Busa, Busa!!!
Those things are crazy! I don't want to go back to the Spada now - I believe they call it small bike syndrome.

DMNTD
6th May 2007, 20:19
I thought Col and I did OK for a couple of honkys e hoa! :Punk:

Had as much fun as one can have watching y'all out there :dodge:

moT
6th May 2007, 20:36
more photos

hXc
6th May 2007, 20:38
Had as much fun as one can have watching y'all out there :dodge: You seemed reluctant to me riding the 'Busa...In all honesty, how'd you think I went?

skidMark
6th May 2007, 20:41
grapevine tells me there were a few bins?

hope everybody is ok.

i should be at the next one...

probably be my first trackday, damn thats gunna be embarresing

hopefully won't total the bike.

moT
6th May 2007, 20:49
yeah everyone was fine bikes were not

hXc
6th May 2007, 20:50
yeah everyone was fine bikes were not
k14 didn't end up too great. Came back with a sling on, but otherwise fine.

moT
6th May 2007, 20:51
i guess he didnt break it?

MidnightMike
6th May 2007, 20:55
Man, that was pretty mean. Even just watching, ill have to go on the track next time.

Holy shit that fog in the morning was cold!!!!! :cold: :cold:

Good day, well organised, nice work frosty.

moT
6th May 2007, 20:57
fuck yes that fog i had to hug my exhaust pipe i couldnt feel hands

Maha
6th May 2007, 21:35
hXc 'looking after' a borrowed 'busa - apart from a fzr400 today, he's never been on bigger than his Spada....
Yungatart helping keep the 'busa planted

A big thanks to Micro for his trust and generosity:first: :2thumbsup

That is a cool pic of the 'Likely Lads'....:love:

trumpy
6th May 2007, 21:37

Yer bunch of softies!.......wait 'till it's really winter.........

Great day, thanks Frostie.

Brett
6th May 2007, 21:39
BRING ON THE PICCIES - oh yeah and sorry Frosty for running the red flag...twice - DOH - purely unintentional I promise.:dodge:

skidMark
6th May 2007, 21:44

man you can admit you wernt just hugging your hondas exhaust lol

Goblin
6th May 2007, 22:09

Chur ow!!!Tongue a te phenua! :blah:

Had the bestest day!
Highlights:
Flame had the most spectacular stack. :niceone:
Was so cool to see so many Kbers improve over the day....especially flame who found the limit, and Nicksta, who I thought was the most improved rider of the day! Jayracer37 for backing it in so well. Little Leprashaun puttin in some fuckin hot laps! Meeting Colapop who gives the bestest big hugs. Finally got to meet the incorrigible Riff Raff:innocent: and cool to catch up with everyone else....and thanks RoadRash and Momentum for the jumpstart.:slap:
Thanks to FROSTY for yet another awesome day at the track!

Colapop
6th May 2007, 23:59
Home. Bed. Talk later... photo's too.... and video....

babyB
7th May 2007, 00:04
what a premo day (dispite arivin with no bike) .
big :2thumbsup up to Frosty and crew.:not: many thanks well done again:clap:
great to catch up & meet some new faces

here some semi random photoes for ya
will be adding them on my site slowly over the next week or 2 (country lines suck here:angry: ) so watch for signature change to say they are there.

babyB
7th May 2007, 00:28
the first photo is my pick for the day:clap: ...

but could someone plz verify the rider.... is it human or monkey:shutup:

Keystone19
7th May 2007, 08:41
Great day thanks Frosty! And thanks to all the marshalls, administrators and instructors!

Was awesome to see so many people improving over the course of the day. Thanks to Glen Williams for helping me with some tips and pushing me to keep up.

Ran off the track at the A1 corner twice - just carrying a little bit too much speed...mind you, Flame wins the prize for that corner - lol! And I agree completely with what you say about crashing Chick...

Fun with Quasi on his new SV, especially in that first session with the grass tracking...

Got home at 2.30am this morning - thanks Gav!

Quartermile
7th May 2007, 08:45
BRING ON THE PICCIES - oh yeah and sorry Frosty for running the red flag...twice - DOH - purely unintentional I promise.:dodge:
Oh your DEAD

Yea it was a good day cold fog in the mornig but then it fined up, Tyred last night though

Matt Bleck
7th May 2007, 08:58
The "HI-LIGHT" of my day was what Speedie's talking about... Jay on HDT boy's bike turn 2..... oh we laughed and laughed!

I guess you'd call that karma in effect aye Gav?

Keystone19
7th May 2007, 08:59
and laughed and laughed and laughed and we're still laughing...

BNZ
7th May 2007, 09:11
Yeah cheers Tony. Great fun as always. Those tyres still had a little bit of rubber on them when I got home last night too!

montsta56
7th May 2007, 09:38
Cheers Frosty awesome day cant wait for the next one:yes:

The Stranger
7th May 2007, 10:23
Big thank you to Frosty. Another awesome day.

A big THANK YOU also to JayRacer37, Two Smoker and Keystone 19 for putting up with me constantly badgering them to take people around the track. Well done you guys you really helped make the day.

placidfemme
7th May 2007, 10:54
Had an awesome day yesterday.... learnt a LOT more than I thought I would... even scraped my pegs on the hairpin after pit straight lol very good!

Being lazy today, didn't get many pics, but will do a better post tomorrow when I get to work...

:):)

et al
7th May 2007, 12:47
Big Thanks Frosty and all your Helpers - I know you must have put in a huge amount of time and effort to make this happen - well done! I was there as Gunner's Support/Pit Crew - this was our first visit to Taupo and were using the Track Day as preparation for Gunner's forthcoming assault (or should that be insult) on the VMCC Winter Series. Nice to see lots of Wellington KiwiBikers there as well and all the Auckland people I met seemed to be half decent blokes/blokesses. Great atmosphere - people like Glen Williams, Rob from GP Honda, Steve from TyreWarmers, etc went out of their way to make themselves known to us and to offer helpful friendly advice.

aff-man
7th May 2007, 13:13
Flame had the most spectacular stack. :niceone:
Was so cool to see so many Kbers improve over the day....especially flame who found the limit, !

yeh Was pretty surreal to watch from a distance of about 3m......

And I will testify that she had her knee down well before the front end gave way.

Had a decent day. Pretty slow start but was getting up to pace in the later sessions. Managed to hang on to some of the faster guys so all good...

kornboy
7th May 2007, 13:49
Thanks Frosty and all organisers, will definitly be at the next one. PS anyone got pics of pearl white CBR250RR :P

Leong
7th May 2007, 13:56
Thanks for organising the day Frosty and crew. The KB days have a pretty special atmosphere!

We had to leave at 3pm, but didn't leave till 3.30 having swapped groups to get a third session in. So thats what happened Jonno.... we did our last session in the Med fast group, then left in a bit of a hurry. Would have been good to have done more sessions with you guys!! Next time....

Arven
7th May 2007, 14:54
Thanks Frosty for another great day.

I have uploaded some pics to the below address. I didnt get many as i was riding as much as possible! :)

http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~arven/KBTD5/

Everyone should checkout the video: http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~arven/KBTD5/KBTD52.wmv
Of that guy doing skids into the corners. :gob:

TONO
7th May 2007, 14:55
[B]I thought Col and I did OK for a couple of honkys e hoa! :Punk:

Jeez your an ugly SOB:gob:

Trudes
7th May 2007, 14:59

I have uploaded some pics to the below address. I didnt get many as i was riding as much as possible! :)

Everyone should checkout the video: http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~arven/KBTD5/KBTD52.wmv

OMG, that's gotta take some balls to go into a corner like that!! Good work whoever that is!! Great vid too, thanks!!:rockon:

MSTRS
7th May 2007, 15:02
Everyone should checkout the video of that guy doing skids into the corners.

Brilliant video capture of Jay - just like being there all over again

Buddy L
7th May 2007, 15:41
over 50m drifts:gob: was a sight to see, puts any of the d1nz crew to shame

moT
7th May 2007, 18:06
suprised he didnt end up with a tyre like mine

Colapop
7th May 2007, 18:11
Jeez your an ugly SOB:gob:
I didn't think I is that oogly....

R6_kid
7th May 2007, 18:26

you need to corner more, lots lots more!

Big Chim
7th May 2007, 19:27
Nice work Frosty. It was an awesome day

Two Smoker
7th May 2007, 19:36

What a show off... trying to show he can ride a bike... I heard he cant even last two corners :bleh: hehehe

It was Jay Lawrence BTW....

krash69
7th May 2007, 19:42
I thought Col and I did OK for a couple of honkys e hoa!

hehehehehe.....nice weapons boys............ hehehehe

Wasp
7th May 2007, 19:43
anybody know where i can upload the pics colapop took with my camera to?

would prefer mass upload (have 154 photos, 563kb - 1,491kb each)

also have 30 .MOVs biggest is 1:40 @ 50mbs............

kiwifruit
7th May 2007, 19:52

resize them all too 100-200kb each using image resizing power toy ftp://ftp.reap.org.nz/XPPOWERTOYS/

ringo has a uploading fathom that works well, desktop uploader or whatever its called
you've got to create an acc but its all good
http://www.ringo.com/

Grub
7th May 2007, 19:54

I've got a resize proggy, bring them to work Wednesday

HDTboy
7th May 2007, 20:01

He didn't, it was my bike. He's just a poser though, like Two Smoker said, he can't even get past the 2nd corner without falling off.

JayRacer37
7th May 2007, 20:57

Mostley monkey, I am...I think the thought process was "turn ya bast'....."

JayRacer37
7th May 2007, 21:00
The "HI-LIGHT" of my day was what Speedie's talking about... Jay on HDT boy's bike turn 2..... oh we laughed and laughed!

I guess you'd call that karma in effect aye Gav?

I laughed too....about ten hours later :shutup:
I just wanted to 'track verify' the most well known aspects of that particular motorcicle...

JayRacer37
7th May 2007, 21:04

:D:D:D:DTHAT GUY!! I regognise him....::D:D:D Nice video mate, I've been wanting to see what it looked like for a while..must lean it over more next time tho..

Grub
7th May 2007, 21:18
All I seem to hear about is Jay doing stuff on other people's bikes. This is the 4th one ... haven't you guys woken up yet? You've gotta be nuts lending him a bike

JayRacer37
7th May 2007, 21:31
All I seem to hear about is Jay doing stuff on other people's bikes. This is the 4th one ... haven't you guys woken up yet? You've gotta be nuts lending him a bike

SHHHHH.....what will I do if they catch on...

To any and everybody that lets me/asks me/gives in to me riding there bikes...thanks guys, i appreciate it heaps....:yes:

babyB
7th May 2007, 22:08
Thanks Frosty and all organisers, will definitly be at the next one. PS anyone got pics of pearl white CBR250RR :P
heres one for ya

boomer
7th May 2007, 22:37
heres one for ya

that repsol too fiddy was a minter whos ever it was :rockon:

JayRacer37
7th May 2007, 22:46
that repsol too fiddy was a minter whos ever it was :rockon:

dude - that pic there is a repsol FireBlunt.....:yes:

Quartermile
7th May 2007, 23:01
dude - that pic there is a repsol FireBlunt.....:yes:
Yea there was a smaller one there too though

The Stranger
7th May 2007, 23:06
Yea there was a smaller one there too though

There was an NC30 in Repsol livery.

et al
7th May 2007, 23:09
Shots of Riders Briefing and lineups waiting to go out.

Skunk
8th May 2007, 09:20
Skunk_Control took 600 or so pics. There's a few (300 or so) on my server (http://www.skunkworks.net.nz/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album38)

Free to download at 2540x1693 pixels.

Add the riders KB name as a comment to any pics please.

ArcherWC
8th May 2007, 09:28
Thanks very much to John aka Hellraiser for the fun on the 636. it was a ball to ride once i figured out that you had to rev the snot out of it to go anywere

placidfemme
8th May 2007, 09:40
Damn... so many pics and SFA with me :(

anyway... heres my mighty contribution... my camera-lady was busy gas-bagging all day...

Devil
8th May 2007, 09:47
Anyone get any photos of me? I've looked through all the links and haven't spotted any :(
Black Triumph Speed Four, red and black leathers...

aff-man
8th May 2007, 10:20
saw some people on the pit straight with cams... anyone get a wheelie pic??

slinky
8th May 2007, 10:53
aww.... found one photo of me and its the corner i overcooked and took wide.
Hopefully someones got a better one :D

Alltrax
8th May 2007, 13:48

its jayracer on my heap of a bike!!

skelstar
8th May 2007, 15:34
Can spectators get to those stands in that vackground of some of those shots? (just asking for the VMCC race day).

Disco Dan
8th May 2007, 16:27
Can spectators get to those stands in that vackground of some of those shots? (just asking for the VMCC race day).

Not sure... but there is no protection from the wind... it would turn your nipples blue bofore you got to your seat... plus your further away/less view than from pit area. There is a veiwing platform above the pits with good views...

Jantar
8th May 2007, 16:55
k14 didn't end up too great. Came back with a sling on, but otherwise fine.
I'll wait for K14 to give the full details, but sounds like he isn't so fime. He could be off work for a few weeks or so.

flame
8th May 2007, 17:16
yeh Was pretty surreal to watch from a distance of about 3m......

And I will testify that she had her knee down well before the front end gave way.

lol.....all good, man I bounced!!!!! but hey it was AWESOME fun dicing with ya before the stack! and a huge thanks to Nick O....(who doesn't know it) but after he went passed me I found I could pick up the pace and keep him in my sight, didn't think I was pushing meself tooooo hard.....until I hit the ground :dodge:

Still not sure what happened, only that It was pretty cranked over when the front let go, apparently there was a bump there....but hard to feel little bumps on an old banger of an Iti!

Bike is amazingly in one peice, even after sliding so far! geeze when I found my feet some where above my head and could finally stand up I coundn't find the blaardy thing for a bit! still ridable, just rizzed up and rat tough now:yes:, didn't even break a lever, so all good.

Cheers everyone for the day. Thanks Goblin for being at my acclaimed corner :). And thumbs up Frosty for a fantastic day. See ya's all on the 20th.

Goblin
8th May 2007, 20:45
still ridable, just rizzed up and rat tough now:yes:, didn't even break a lever, so all good.

Cheers everyone for the day. Thanks Goblin for being at my acclaimed corner :). And thumbs up Frosty for a fantastic day. See ya's all on the 20th.Yay the rat Aprilliaaahhh!!! She sure stacks well!
I could hardly believe my eyes when you stood up before you stopped sliding:gob: then your feet caught up with you. That'll be why the ambo guy came straight over. I honestly thought you were gunna be seriously injured. Rapt to see you get straight back on and ride back to the pits.:sweatdrop
See ya on the 20th! :niceone:

ajturbo
8th May 2007, 21:57
grapevine tells me there were a few bins?

hope everybody is ok.

i should be at the next one...

probably be my first trackday, damn thats gunna be embarresing

hopefully won't total the bike.
MudBoy crashed a few times.. he is NEARLY as good as me now...

Skunk
8th May 2007, 22:00
MudBoy crashed a few times.. he is NEARLY as good as me now...
He's got heaps to go.

JayRacer37
8th May 2007, 22:14
There was an NC30 in Repsol livery.

I know, I rode it....it was AWESOME. What a noise...I gots to get me an RC45....:yes:

HDTboy
8th May 2007, 22:24
You want a Honda Jay?

JayRacer37
8th May 2007, 22:33
You want a Honda Jay?

Only if it's one of the tricky HRC ones....ie, NSR500, RC211/212V, RC30, RC45, SP-1/2...

ajturbo
8th May 2007, 22:35
lol.....all good, man I bounced!!!!! but hey it was AWESOME fun dicing with ya before the stack! and a huge thanks to Nick O....(who doesn't know it) but after he went passed me I found I could pick up the pace and keep him in my sight, didn't think I was pushing meself tooooo hard.....until I hit the ground :dodge:

Still not sure what happened, only that It was pretty cranked over when the front let go, apparently there was a bump there....but hard to feel little bumps on an old banger of an Iti!

Bike is amazingly in one peice, even after sliding so far! geeze when I found my feet some where above my head and could finally stand up I coundn't find the blaardy thing for a bit! still ridable, just rizzed up and rat tough now:yes:, didn't even break a lever, so all good.

Cheers everyone for the day. Thanks Goblin for being at my acclaimed corner :). And thumbs up Frosty for a fantastic day. See ya's all on the 20th.
good to see ya sprits didn't go down also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

babyB
9th May 2007, 01:15
photoes on site over next few days...:angry: shitty country dialup

Buddy L
9th May 2007, 05:19
Thanks "Baby B" Nice photo's

slinky
9th May 2007, 08:26
Thanks "Baby B" Nice photo's

OH! thers a good one of you ya bastard. - i haven't found one yet.
white n purple fireblade guys! white grey n black leathers - same colours for helmet.
post up if you've got one of me :D cheers

Buddy L
9th May 2007, 18:16
Getting your good side.:yes:

nicko
9th May 2007, 20:35
Great day thanks Frosty.

Top road rider of the day - Drew, dude - we've got to get you on a racebike.
Top new racer - WT, yeah boy, can't wait to race against you in winter series.
Top punter - Jay, mean ass slides into the corners bro - show me how to do them & I'll recommend a good barber ;)

Cheers to all the guys/gals that said gday & glad to help out where I could, real fun day all round.

Drew
9th May 2007, 20:40
Great day thanks Frosty.

Was a great day alright, took some getting used to the new setup, ( cheers for the advice Jay), felt faster than last month up there, not race pace from me, so I'll leave the serious racing to you lot, I have learnt my place.

Cheers to Frosty for the day

BNZ
9th May 2007, 23:05
Anyone snatch any pics of an "older" gsxr slowly lapping the track? (By slowly I mean at the riders complete limit....)

White trash
10th May 2007, 07:14
Great day thanks Frosty.

Top punter - Jay, mean ass slides into the corners bro - show me how to do them & I'll recommend a good barber ;)

Cheers to all the guys/gals that said gday & glad to help out where I could, real fun day all round.

What he said. Great day all round indeed.

Here's a cool shot (if a little blury) that captures the upcoming rivalry between me and you Nicko. Bring on the Actrix series!

Momentum
10th May 2007, 17:39
was a wicked day.

Thanks Frosty

just what i needed befor the vic rounds

I am aiming to clean up street stock

Sketchy_Racer
10th May 2007, 17:47
Well you got the bike to do it.

YES the CBRs have faaaar more power, and handling than the 150s.

No doubt about it

Skunk
10th May 2007, 21:49
I've posted ALL Skunk_Controls photos on my sever now. Link here (http://www.skunkworks.net.nz/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album38)

Download any you want - thumbnail, medium size and large.

aff-man
10th May 2007, 22:49
I've posted ALL Skunk_Controls photos on my sever now. Link here (http://www.skunkworks.net.nz/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album38)

and yet not one pic of the raper.....:bye:

No pics of me... :(

Momentum
10th May 2007, 23:42
Well you got the bike to do it.

YES the CBRs have faaaar more power, and handling than the 150s.

No doubt about it

its not just about the bike my riding is 10 x better than when i first got on the track.

my first race i got my ass handed to me by all the other riders did not matter if it was a 250 or a 150 they still made me look stupid.

go read up about street stock on the vic club page then say they tested them and they were very close

Buddy L
11th May 2007, 14:02
and yet not one pic of the raper.....:bye:

You just have to be more "photogenic" and people start taking picks affman.
Like me:yes:

Meekey_Mouse
11th May 2007, 17:22
Getting your good side.:yes:

I remember that CBR... loved the "eyes"! I was parked up next to you guys :yes:

MidnightMike
11th May 2007, 17:36
What happened to all the pics colapop took, anyone know?

Buddy L
11th May 2007, 17:44
I remember that CBR... loved the "eyes"! I was parked up next to you guys :yes:

We had a blast down their, fell like real racers parking inpit lane!!
The 150 of yours was going real good down on the track, keeping your speed up in the corners (thats my problem).:yes:

Meekey_Mouse
11th May 2007, 17:50
We had a blast down their, fell like real racers parking inpit lane!!
The 150 of yours was going real good down on the track, keeping your speed up in the corners (thats my problem).:yes:

It's cool parkin in pit lane eh!

Thanks :D My cornering speed was horribly slow lol, I blame my bung knee :dodge: but will see if that's just an excuse or was the main cause on the 20th :rockon:

aff-man
11th May 2007, 17:52
You just have to be more "photogenic" and people start taking picks affman.
Like me:yes:

Bright yellow helmet on a bright blue bike that says raper on the back...... don't think I could get more "photogenic"

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60407&d=1178452603

flame
11th May 2007, 18:29

Thanks heaps Skunk for some great action shots :)

aff-man
11th May 2007, 20:32
you couldn't rape a fuckin blow up doll!!!

well actually it said reaper to go with the images.....

then some little blonde happen to misplace a few of the letters.....

babyB
12th May 2007, 00:03
here ya is BNZ Karma (i hope)
sorry bout the slow progress:dodge:

Scratcha

Yeh, that's me in the 2nd one... cheers.

Sketchy_Racer
12th May 2007, 09:54
its not just about the bike my riding is 10 x better than when i first got on the track.

my first race i got my ass handed to me by all the other riders did not matter if it was a 250 or a 150 they still made me look stupid.

go read up about street stock on the vic club page then say they tested them and they were very close

I can see from you pics that you have got seriously good.

But, i know from first hand experience last season, How fast those CBRs are in comparison to the 150s.

No, they are not even remotely close.

Anywho, ill see you on the 20th. I'll be riding with you, but im in a different class (125GP)

ajturbo
12th May 2007, 18:07
I can see from you pics that you have got seriously good.

But, i know from first hand experience last season, How fast those CBRs are in comparison to the 150s.

No, they are not even remotely close.

Anywho, ill see you on the 20th. I'll be riding with you, but im in a different class (125GP)
that is what i thought... but hey ... we don't make the rules, so he has every right to be out there....
and it gives me another reason to say why i didn't win... or come second/3rd/4th/5th/....29th........

Colapop
12th May 2007, 18:10
Tell Doogie to get those bloody pics up - slow f*ck that he is... I wasn't hanging my arse all over the track freezing my bits so that he could just NOT post them!!

Jizza
12th May 2007, 21:45

I was geting worried when you said that and then there was a photo. I thought it was going to be a pic of the tyre I sold you lol. I gather you got home safely? I popped that tyre for you :Punk:

Quartermile
12th May 2007, 22:08
Tell Doogie to get those bloody pics up - slow f*ck that he is... I wasn't hanging my arse all over the track freezing my bits so that he could just NOT post them!!
Yea well where are your pics? huh huh

MidnightMike
12th May 2007, 22:16
COOMME ONNN!

put them up already.

Colapop
13th May 2007, 15:07
Yea well where are your pics? huh huh
Everybody PM WASP! He's not getting his arse into gear and getting them posted!! All the pics (Good ones too) were taken on his camera - 7 or 8 meg so they should be damn good shots...

AJTurbo is stopping him I think - they live together...

Skunk
13th May 2007, 19:55
Everybody PM WASP! He's not getting his arse into gear and getting them posted!! All the pics (Good ones too) were taken on his camera - 7 or 8 meg so they should be damn good shots...
FFS Wasp - bring them round here and I'll put them up on my server...

AJTurbo is stopping him I think - they live together (http://www.welivetogether.com)...You missed the link....

enigma51
15th May 2007, 19:11
Couple from my side

Sorry for the delay there is about 263 foto's these are just some quickly picked
Will some others later

enigma51
15th May 2007, 19:12
and a couple more

enigma51
15th May 2007, 19:13
one more just for boomer

Wasp
15th May 2007, 19:18
Photos are up - you guys REALLY SUCK AT NAGGING ME - NOT EVEN ONE PM!

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=49967

montsta56
15th May 2007, 19:45
Cheers Wasp Primo Photo's:rockon:

boomer
15th May 2007, 22:49
one more just for boomer

wtf.. where's the one of ma wheelie mofo..???!!! :angry:

and check out those queer c**ts in bed.. whats that shit all about??!!

aff-man
15th May 2007, 23:24
Couple from my side

Sorry for the delay there is about 263 foto's these are just some quickly picked
Will some others later

oooo I be all a blur.. must have been my incredible speed hahahahaha

enigma51
16th May 2007, 19:18
oooo I be all a blur.. must have been my incredible speed hahahahaha

O fuck sorry mate wrong foto loaded

enigma51
16th May 2007, 19:19
wtf.. where's the one of ma wheelie mofo..???!!! :angry:

and check out those queer c**ts in bed.. whats that shit all about??!!

what wheelie homo? :sick:

enigma51
16th May 2007, 19:27
aff here is a rear shot for you

aff-man
16th May 2007, 20:25
aff here is a rear shot for you

ooo them ladies love my rear hahahaha

Cheers dude

skelstar
16th May 2007, 20:42
THats a ferkin cool looking bike Jono.

skidMark
16th May 2007, 21:03
ooo them ladies love my rear hahahaha

Cheers dude
my photos still ur avatar pic...:rockon:

boomer
16th May 2007, 22:48
The BK Boys.... or is that gurls.. :shutup:

Colapop
16th May 2007, 22:50
Hmm The blurb for that photo would read something like...
Boomer was so proud of the photo he'd just taken... Speedie was tasting the fruits of his labours and The_Dover was left to bask in the afterglow...

GHEY

boomer
16th May 2007, 22:59
your only ghey if you take it.. and you can clearly see that Dover and Speedie are taking it... i'm the last carriage on that lurrrrv train :love:

Colapop
16th May 2007, 23:05
I seem to remember you on all fours in at least one photo from the weekend...

BNZ
17th May 2007, 11:40
here ya is BNZ Karma (i hope)
sorry bout the slow progress:dodge:

Scratcha

Woohoo thanks mate. That what my bike looked liked with a sump. grrr

aff-man
17th May 2007, 17:31
THats a ferkin cool looking bike Jono.

well sadly she is for sale.....

yeh boombox was telling me all about dovers shinanigans when the lights were out.... he is busy calling 111 in that photo..

Drew
17th May 2007, 18:54
your only ghey if you take it.. and you can clearly see that Dover and Speedie are taking it... i'm the last carriage on that lurrrrv train :love:

WRONG, it's only gay if your balls touch bro:shit:

festus
29th May 2007, 09:37
Can anyone tell me what model the Triumph was that was tearing up the track? Was it a 675?

aff-man
29th May 2007, 09:45
Can anyone tell me what model the Triumph was that was tearing up the track? Was it a 675?

that was nicko on his 675..... if you mean the goldy yellow one.

festus
30th May 2007, 10:11
Yeah mate. Nice bike, I want one!. Was it standard or race kitted up I suspect? Went bloody well for a 675.....