PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi Biker Track Day 5 -- May 2007

Pages : [1] 2

FROSTY
1st November 2006, 20:32
<b>The Great KB Track Day V</b>SUNDAY 6th MAY 2007 8.30-4.30
TAUPO RACEWAY FULL TRACK

For all KB members to come and have a ball and improve their riding in a safe fun environment.

Entries closed sorry .

4 DIFFERENT speed/experience levels from novice to racers. 4 SEPARATE groups. Groups will be Slow, Med/slow, Med/fast, and Fast. Numbers per class will be limited to ensure a safe track time.

Weather permitting, I promise you won’t go home wanting more track time.
The track is positively HUGE so don't be worried about holding anyone up or being held up. There's tonnes of room.

There will be a HOT DRINK vendor at the track all day for those that need a hot drink or that caffeine buzz.

Subway will be able to be purchased up till 11 am and will be delivered to the track. Food will be available during the day.

St Johns Ambulance WILL be in attendance and there will be trained/experienced marshals in RT contact around the track.
Pit garages are available for hire see below -----
Plugs for Lugs--the earplug people will be there making custom made earplugs for anyone wanting them

ALL THAT FOR ONLY $100 PER RIDER

Payment details are below in the next post.
Places will be strictly on a first-come-first-served basis. Payment is the ONLY way a place is reserved. All the details are in the 4 posts following. Gift Vouchers for your friends and relatives are available.

SO COME ON GUYS N GALS LET'S ALL BE THERE AND MAKE IT A FUN DAY!

I can be contacted on 0-21-035 4615 or 0-9-832 2557 a/h or
tfrost@xtra.co.nz

FROSTY
1st November 2006, 20:32
below will be the confirmed attending list please check your name is on it The responsibility is YOURS to make Sure your name is on the list

There will be NO entry on the day -only those who have paid deposits or paid in full will be going on the track
Theres 3 ways you can pay me
$100.00 per rider paid up front
$50 deposit then a balance of $50 paid up no later than to 2 weeks before the event
$50.00 deposit and balance of $70 on the day/withing two weeks of the event
Please note Payment is NON refundable -
If you can't make it the responsibility is yours to fill your spot

Please make sure your name or KB nickname is used for a reference

A suggestion -if your bank doesn't let ya do this then deposit a strange amount-eg100.03 and pm me the amount and date of deposit.
please also Note-it takes 2 working days for money to show up -bloody banks

CONFIRMED ATTENDING --paid in full
1 vixter
2draco
3death
4Ninjaboy
5NZKALT61
6kittyhawk
7 M1CRO
8aprillia guy
9Hendy
10BusaJim
11ROAD RASH
12 JASON PARKIN JP
13Momentum
14hellraiser
15ANDY
16bert_is_evil
17white belt
18littleman
19CHICKADEE
20FLIPPER
21K J GOLDING
22demeritim
23scracha
24 Cowpoos
25 El Dopa
26 4 STROKES
27 Devil
28fat5 furryguy
29 k14
30 NIGEL H
31 white trash
32 earthbound misfit
33bnz
34 bnz2
35bnz3
36 Kwakaman ZX10R ==1
37 Skunk
38 LUKE
39Leong KB Trackday
40GEORGE TOPHAM
41Weasel 100.00 CR
42 KURTH D J
43 blackbird2
44 morcs
45 boomer
46Deathstar
47pickle
48picklesboss
49SAMWAYMOUTH
50Latrine
51 BornToLean
52Arven
53 Pumba
54SuperDave
55Mental Trousers
56demeritim
57Blueblade
58M DAVIES
60GUNNER
68archer wc
69 cowpoos
81Keystone19
82 The Stranger
84 Ebony 7r
85Garry H
86 Wasp 1
87 Meekey_Mouse
88 WRT
89Two Smoker
90mechman1
91jahrasti
92 Kwakaman 2
93 shane owner
94mzypt
95SVS (Phil)
96Steveyb
97 SimonMcK
100Fizzerman
101Flame
102fallofalot
103dodgy matt
104 Speedy
105 L Hyslop
106DUCKADDICT
107 Busaman
108Kwakaman 3
109 darkrider
110Delboy
111harry
113avalon biddle
114Mike messita
115 Nickstas spannerman
116 barbender
KEITH BIDDLE
KickingZebra TD5
COULAM
REKKE
A Montgomery
Mark scott

Deposit --balance to pay on the day

Deane C
Worm
Buddy L
Phil Morgan
MATTHEW BROOKES
Ryan Milbank
Paul Byrne
SimJen
70Phillip morg
nutta
blubyu
GKettless
Granma2
fallofalot
D_ andD
russki
sl1nky
dennisr
Kornboy
Festus
Brett
Q.C.S.C
R6kid
Bass Baxter Neil

Staff
Frosty
Doogal
Madduck

collection crew
Trumpy
Gixxer 4 eva

Marshalls/
Mstrs
Hdt boy
Goblin
Saul
Desperate dan
Little Dog
Enigma
Sam I am

FROSTY
1st November 2006, 20:33
ALL ATTENDING TRACK DAY PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY

I want one and all to have a bloody good time so there are some points that are NON negotiable.
1) Bike setup/gear setup.

ALL BIKES and RIDERS going on the track will be scrutineered.
In a nutshell the bike needs to be up tom WOF standard but below are some specifics that your bike MUST have

No sharp/edges/loose parts
Tyres must be road legal for road tyres. (slicks to have visible dot marks)
ball ends on all levers to be in place.
.Mirrors removed or taped up.
No leaking fluids.--- OIL/fork oil/glycol/
GLASS headlights to be removed or taped up to prevent glass flying if you crash .Plastic headlights are fine
Pack rack uppers to be removed -L arms to be taped over-preferably plugged.(plastic wine corks are good for this )
Handle bar ends must have a solid end--NO open tube ends (PLASTIC WINE CORKS MAKE GOOD PLUGS)
Brakes to work propperly FRONT and REAR.
Its preferable to have you tape over your speedo.(Its just a distraction) .

RIDING GEAR
A full face helmet good fitting with no damage into the shell.
LEATHER gloves,
bike boots,
cudura 2 piece,leather one piece or two piece suit.
A back protector isn't compulsary but VERY strongly suggested

THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE/GEAR IS UP TO SCRATCH
If in doubt fix it. If it isnt up to scratch you won't be going on the track.

-2 RULES FOR THE DAY
1 Show concideration for everybody else out there -THIS IS NOT A RACE DAY
2 Stick to your line -Dont try to get out of anybodys way or deliberately block.
3 when overtaking make sure you can do so safely.If in doubt -DON'T
4 if you see a RED flag waving anywhere on the track SLOW TO CRUISING SPEED and pull off the "race" line THEN pull into the pits via the pits exit straight away -the clock will be stopped on your session so ya aint gonna miss out on laps. ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the rest of that session.
To explain this --Red flag means a dangerous situation.YOUR bike might be leaking oil or the ambulance/recovery vehicle might need to get to a downed rider-we cant do so until the track is clear
5 If a slower rider is holding you up either use rule 3 or ride slowly through the pits and let em get ahead. -again--it aint a race.
6) YELLOW waved flag means SLOW and NO PASSING on that corner
7) a white flag at start finish point means one lap to go, I will have 3 Chequred flags waving and STATIONARY yellow flags at all other marshal points meaning end of session. Once you see a chequred flag pull into the pits,DO NOT continue riding

8 when leaving the track pull to the far right side of the track and nearing pits exit hold your left hand up to let other riders know you are leaving the track.
9 if you are unlucky enough to run off the track-Raise your hand in the air to let us know you're ok.Push the bike away from the track to a safe place -recovery vehicle will pick you up at end of session or you can rejoin if bike is undamaged.The nature of the track means if you crashed in a spot theres a good chance someone else is likely to -If you dont move then I will have to stop the session untill you dont present a danger to yourself or other riders.
8)dont look back whilst on the track
9) if you are unfortunate enough to crash (it wont happen but just in case)
Your bike and gear needs to be rescrutineered before you can go back on the track.
10) obey the group passing rules to be explained on the day
11)Dangerous riding has a zero tolerance.You will be sitting out the rest of the day.
12) the pits speed limit is 40km/h and is NOT a stunt zone--stoppies wheelies etc -I concider this dangerous riding and will treat it as such
13) The Track is an alchohol free zone -NO alchohol to be consumed in the pits area untill end of day.-by riders or spectators.
14)Spectators are at no time to have any part of their body past pit wall Please make sure all kids are aware of this rule
15)Photographers/spectators.-nobody will be trackside unless cleared by event controls and they MUST wear a fluro vest (except during the braking session) --- there will be some areas that are out of bounds -this is strictly in the interest of safety
18) YOU are responsible for your pit area -keeping it safe and keeping it clean
19)Riders in a training session and their coaches will wear fluro vests or fluro sam brownes please be extra conciderate when passing them
20) First session ALL trackday newbees must wear a fluro vest. Again please be extra conciderate when passing them

Track day timetable
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7.30am --gates open /pits open.
8.00am sighn is starts -pay ya money sighn the indemnity form. get your speed group sticker also decide on ya choice of lunch

8.05 -Scrutineering starts-bring ya bike.to event control
9.00am marshalls brief--a quick run through on what theyll be doing.
9.15 -Track day brief --a runthrough of what we'll be doing during the day and the track rules.EVERYBODY including spectators/photographers to attend
9.30 --Ambulance arrives
9.35 -First group out on the track.-riding geear scrutineered on the line
12.30-1.00 lunch break --if weather permits a wheelie session will be held during this time
1.05 -4.30 -more riding.
4.30---WE ALL help pack up/clean up the place.Please folks --even If ya pick up ya own rubbish It makes our lives easier.

FROSTY
Accomodation for track day

Camellia court is the place I usually organise
They are in Tonga st
Taupo
Which is just off Spa road -(The road to the track)
The place is really nice .
They have motel units, 2 which will take 5 people 5 will take 3. They have one cabin sleeping 6 and a couple of others sleeping 4 The deal is a warm bed for the night,hot showers and tea/coffee/cooking facilities supplied - as well as the civilised way to do things methinks.

PH-073784346
If you want a unit give them a call .

FROSTY
Insuring your bike for track days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys n gals I've been asked about bike insurance cover whilst on the Taupo Track
Specificly during a KB track day.
Once again please let me cover this off once and for all
Insurance cover /exclusion is the responsibility of the individual rider to organise.
However as I have made VERY clear in the past
The Kiwibiker trackday in no way is or ever will be a RACE meeting, pacemaking, a reliability trial, speed testor a timed EVENT.
What that means in plain english is I (AS EVENT ORGANISER) cannot/will not run a RACE meeting or in any way run timing equipment of any sort.
I cannot however control the actions of any individual who chooses to use HAND HELD timing equipment such as a stopwatch.
I will be forced to ask that said timing desists -SHOULD I SEE THE TIMING TAKING PLACE

As with EVERY track day I have ever run there will be specific 1 on 1 rider training taking place during the day.

From day one I have made it clear that my trackdays are for the specific purpose of improving your individual riding skills in a safe,controlled enviroment. As such you could say they have always been rider training days.

Anyone unsure how they individually stand in regards to this needs to contact their insurance company.

On a personal note I would like to meet with the undewrighters of any insurance company that elects to decline cover --

FROSTY
1st November 2006, 20:34
Food --Ill be organising a limited range of subway subs for those that want them

FROSTY
6th November 2006, 21:39
PITS/PIT GARAGES.
ive spoken to JACKY at Taupo track she has agreed to rent out the
Garages are at the VERY special price of $200 each for our trackday
I know that sounds a lot but
For this money you get.
a 4-6 car sized Garage with fluro lighting. --10mx10m
To give you an idea how big--they have 4 holden v8 sized roller doors and will fit 4 holden V8's with room to spare
Running water and (at least) 4 electric power points for tyre warmers electric drills etc.
Before having a moan --think about this--The garage will fit a very MINIMUM of 8 bikes with literally room tons of room around em to work on the bikes Id say more likely each garage will without trouble fit 10 -15 bikes if you arent working on em
THERE IS ENOUGH ROOM FOR 8 RACE BIKES COMPLETE WITH WARMERS /WORK ON THE BIKES--EVEN FULL WHEEL SWAP OUTS AND NO INTERFERENCE BETWEEN INDIVIDUAL BIKES AT ALL -EVERY BIKE CAN COME AND GO FROM THE GARAGE WITHOUT PASSING OR INTERFERING WITH ANOTHER BIKE
with a bit of carefull positioning Id suggest that even 10 RACEBIKES would be easily done (might be a squeeze)
The garages are 10.0m square -with 4 single car roller doors -2 each end

10 of ya get together and bingo $20 buck each
Call JACKY on 07 3765033 to book a garage --or just get one on the day

boomer
6th November 2006, 21:43
one of me's enough for any lifetime mate

SN4PD
6th November 2006, 22:40
May 07??? Thats like 6 months away :mellow:

FROSTY
7th November 2006, 07:04
May 07??? Thats like 6 months away :mellow:
Yup --and i need to book -18 months in advance :innocent:

GN1NiteStnd
7th November 2006, 07:32
Isnt that cold duck weekend?

MVnut
7th November 2006, 18:26
Hope to be at #6..........#5 I'll be in Italy with the MV mob. ciao:innocent:

cowpoos
7th November 2006, 18:29
whats the weather ment to be doing that weekend frosty?

enigma51
7th November 2006, 18:42
whats the weather ment to be doing that weekend frosty?

she'l be alright mate!

baz300kph
7th November 2006, 19:29
Frosty, you da man! thanks for orginising the taupo track day, and washing my blackbird while hangin outa the side of a van with water out of a drink bottle. great day. loads of smiles.
cheers! :drinkup:

Slapnuts
16th November 2006, 11:35
Frosty, you da man! thanks for orginising the taupo track day, and washing my blackbird while hangin outa the side of a van with water out of a drink bottle. great day. loads of smiles.
cheers! :drinkup:

At least we think it was water!? Cheers frosty, was a great day, next time i'll bring the ZX9 and the TZR. You Rock:Punk: :Punk:

EZAS
20th November 2006, 13:17
I don't want to add anything negative here, this is abit of a personal query really.

How often do crashes occur on track days? If I go in the slow group, can i still go as hard as I can? I tend to only do the "occasional" hoon up and down the motorway and the local back roads of Albany, so I'm not sure If I'm gonna be slow or slow/med ... which would be better?
I'm sure you've all heard these questions before? so if there's a link to the answers that would be appreciated.

Joni
20th November 2006, 13:24
Not sure if we will make it Tony... it will be a couple of months after the nationals... so might be a bit tight! Will let ya know as soon as possible tho :yes:

SN4PD
20th November 2006, 14:27
I don't want to add anything negative here, this is abit of a personal query really.

How often do crashes occur on track days? If I go in the slow group, can i still go as hard as I can? I tend to only do the "occasional" hoon up and down the motorway and the local back roads of Albany, so I'm not sure If I'm gonna be slow or slow/med ... which would be better?
I'm sure you've all heard these questions before? so if there's a link to the answers that would be appreciated.

If you get 130 bikes together on a racetrack, someones bound to crash, usually 2-3, and usually they're the people pushing their bike 110%. No ones going to look down on you for taking it easy and going slow, but trust me, by the end of the day you'll be hooning along :devil2:

Start in the slow group and if you find it too slow, move up.

I took my trumpy to the last track day, (my first) did a session of medium slow and then moved up to medium fast.

The most important thing is to get down there and give it a go! :yes:

wilber
20th November 2006, 19:29
Not sure about cold duck but 5/6may is opening weekend of the duck shooting season.

krash69
24th November 2006, 08:56
hey is it a must for leathers....as i only have leather jacket at the mo....and dragons........

ajturbo
24th November 2006, 12:41
just a note frosty, at the last track day i was given the opportunity to be taken around on the back of a very fast rider/bike...

this not only gave me the wobbly legs when i got off, but it also showed me FIRST HAND just how fast one can push a bike....

i am SURE that if i had missed out on that opportunity i wouldn't have pushed my bucket as hard when i was up in auckland, at one stage i had BOTH tyres let go around one corner, but i just trusted the tyres, i relaxed, and kept the power on and .. hey, i didn't fall off.

so what i am saying here is, IF it is possible to have the "2 up" time at the next one, that would be nice.:love:

oh and let ya girlfriend get SOME rest!:Punk:

FROSTY
24th November 2006, 19:53
hey is it a must for leathers....as i only have leather jacket at the mo....and dragons........
Check the rules dude--cudura or leathers -sorry draggins aint enough

scracha
23rd December 2006, 14:47
payment to be to bnz henderson -
ACCOUNT NUMBER 020152 0035747 66

Erm...went to pay this Frosty but didn't know what to put in under "account name". ??

Shaun P
24th December 2006, 06:35
I think 4 groups is too many 3 works best

Crazy Steve
21st January 2007, 12:45
I think 4 groups is too many 3 works best

Fast and slow please....

Simple!!!

Crazy Steve..

FROSTY
6th February 2007, 19:42
ok folks tis only 3 months to go --sighn up

Two Smoker
6th February 2007, 20:34
Well after doing three rounds of the nationals, sign me up for slow group... I should be there, money and bike will be the deciding factors...
Slow group sounds about right. --mind you I heard sam and andrew were gonna be there -they heard youd be attending and wanted to burgle

DEATH_INC.
6th February 2007, 20:59
ok folks tis only 3 months to go --sighn up
I'll be there if my poor old bike survives long enough.......:shit:

FROSTY
8th February 2007, 21:16
well so far we have a total of 6 riders fronted the coin--come on you lot ---sighn up

FROSTY
8th February 2007, 21:17
Erm...went to pay this Frosty but didn't know what to put in under "account name". ?? oops fixed now

DEATH_INC.
11th February 2007, 07:02
well so far we have a total of 6 riders fronted the coin--come on you lot ---sighn up
Sorry mate, I'll sign up after the april pacific race, with my current crash rate I'm taking each track day one at a time.....:crazy:

FROSTY
11th February 2007, 09:25
I understand dude--but gixxers bounce remember

Two Smoker
11th February 2007, 16:23
I understand dude--but gixxers bounce remember

they also cartwheel... hehehe

FROSTY
11th February 2007, 19:32
Yea and their riders lips make frigging good road scoops after they realise what theyve done.

FROSTY
11th February 2007, 19:33
comeon folks --KB trackdays aint like normal trackdays--the atmosphere is fantastic
If you've never done a trackday this is the one you wanna try out on

cowpoos
11th February 2007, 20:49
they also cartwheel... hehehe
very true my friend...how far your one cartwheel??

FROSTY
12th February 2007, 07:33
no sir--it wasnt so much distance as style and number of rotations.
Ok so Hayden went out and made it look pathetic with his 3.0m high bike summersault but it was still a "good" trash
Every tumble you could just hear the "ching ching' of the bike shops tills going

Two Smoker
13th February 2007, 18:40
very true my friend...how far your one cartwheel??

Dont know??? 50 odd metres??? was doing a bit over 200...

kornboy
19th February 2007, 19:22
What happens if the weather turns to shit on the day? Im keen as. Will be my first track day, and have just seen the track for the first time the other day IT FREAKN ROCKS!

FROSTY
19th February 2007, 23:06
The track day will go ahead no matter what.

kornboy
21st February 2007, 19:53
Just transfered $50. :D

FROSTY
22nd February 2007, 07:20
comeon you lot --its only a couple of months to go
This is the cheapest track day at Taupo you are gonna get on a weekend
Meet up with all your KB mates and make a weekend of it

chris
22nd February 2007, 08:50
This is the cheapest track day at Taupo you are gonna get on a weekend
Err, not quite, Frosty ;)

Pumba
22nd February 2007, 11:18
Next pay day im Booked. would have been today but a had an unfortunate incident :Police:

granma2
22nd February 2007, 17:57
We are coming down Frosty, Granma and Falloffalot.
We have put in our leave forms at work. We pick up our track bike this weekend.
Just need a bit more time to get the $ together.
Will there be any way to camp at the track on friday night, if we want to leave Auck's Friday afternoon?

kornboy
22nd February 2007, 19:10
Im keen to camp at the track if poss :).
FROSTY..did you receive my $50 deposit yet? If not it will go through tonight.

FROSTY
22nd February 2007, 22:10
granma--I cant see why not--in the old pits paddock,
and i still aint seen any payment yet sorry

MD
23rd February 2007, 06:31
I'm keen again Frosty. But I'm not sure if it's worth thrashing this machine on a track? Once Ive done the Manfeild day on the 4th March I will have a better idea. Also want to sample a TaupoTT day or kiwitrack day at Taupo before your TTD5 day.

FROSTY
23rd February 2007, 20:05
hey folks--those of ya that have paid--dont panic --it takes a fewew days sometimes to show up

kornboy
24th February 2007, 19:07
Thank you very much Frosty for help :-)

granma2
24th February 2007, 21:49
granma--I cant see why not--in the old pits paddock,
and i still aint seen any payment yet sorry

Thanks Frosty.
One more question please; the rules say the bike must be up to WOF standard. Does this mean that a bike that has been set up for track days only,(we wont be riding it on the road) wont be able to be used?

Nah, just means it's gotta have a decent set of tyres, breaks that work, suspension that works, that kinda stuff...

FROSTY
25th February 2007, 00:05
Thanks Frosty.
One more question please; the rules say the bike must be up to WOF standard. Does this mean that a bike that has been set up for track days only,(we wont be riding it on the road) wont be able to be used?
wof standard is like a guide--tyres,chain,sharp edges,for seals etc
pure track bikes just apply the same principle but no mirrors etc

Meekey_Mouse
25th February 2007, 11:09
Hey Frosty... I'm keen as to go, just gettin the $$ :yes:

granma2
25th February 2007, 16:46
Thanks heaps guys, see you down there!

kornboy
25th February 2007, 19:18
Frosty can you please add my name to the comfirmed attending list :D

FROSTY
27th February 2007, 22:12
ok folks--its getting closer 2 months to go

Kittyhawk
27th February 2007, 22:13
Payment has been submitted...this should appear in your acct on Thursday....

:love: Im a track virgin....

The yellow safety vests....can I bring my own?? or are they quite specific?

kornboy
28th February 2007, 15:19
Dont worry track virgin here too :)
Also keen to know about the vests

Grub
28th February 2007, 15:42
ok folks--its getting closer 2 months to go

Don't get too excited Frosty, I can't justify $100 for Taupo when we've had 3 days at Manfield for $40 each. I may not be the only one.

Panther
28th February 2007, 15:50
second that.

FROSTY
28th February 2007, 20:20
each to their own --I prefer taupo -it costs a lot more to hire than manfeild but what the hey

granma2
28th February 2007, 21:51
Yeah I agree with Frosty.
Each to their own, on track preference and cost. For us to travel to Manfield would cost a heap more than Taupo.

nzkalt61
1st March 2007, 11:14
Im keen, have already booked the time off with my boss, will send you some money shortly, how many have booked so far, and what is the limit of riders allowed to go?

kornboy
1st March 2007, 15:20
To ride on a track with the same quality as taupo overseas you would be looking at a whole heap more $$$ so its actually really cheap, count yaself lucky i say! :yes:

Hendy
1st March 2007, 18:08
Im a newbe to the site but me and my mate think we will give it a go, I need to test my new bike on a track.

granma2
1st March 2007, 22:19
Im a newbe to the site but me and my mate think we will give it a go, I need to test my new bike on a track.

Welcome to the KB site.
Trust me, you will not regret one moment at Taupo.
Well....that is unless you bin your bike of course.
Better make sure you got gooooood insurance cover aye.

slinky
3rd March 2007, 08:19
anyone got a spare space for a bum, a bag errr.... and i bike!!
i have a trailer but no toe bar..... am trying to suss one though.

FROSTY
3rd March 2007, 19:23
start a thread--maybee a bunch of ya can gang together and take a van or summat

granma2
3rd March 2007, 20:10

I wish we could help, but our trailer and van will be full.

Frosty, could I bring down my bucket and ride in the slow class?

Smorg
4th March 2007, 17:39
Frosty you work at Devonport Car Company dont you? Is it alright if I drop the cash off to you?

On another note, anyone got space for a bike? Free accomodation can be provided as I have a batch in Taupo although you may have to sleep in ancient bunk beds

boomer
4th March 2007, 17:54

are you a good cunt? give me a bell nearer the time, we should be able to sort something out.

FROSTY
4th March 2007, 19:10
Frosty you work at Devonport Car Company dont you? Is it alright if I drop the cash off to you?

On another note, anyone got space for a bike? Free accomodation can be provided as I have a batch in Taupo although you may have to sleep in ancient bunk beds
sounds good to me

slinky
4th March 2007, 21:43

i have a trailer that shud fit 2 bikes, will measure(lengthwise) it sometime this week.
But no car to pull it.

FROSTY
5th March 2007, 07:04
Frosty, could I bring down my bucket and ride in the slow class?[/QUOTE]
bring any bike you like thats cool-but the rule is 1 session per RIDER in each round

Hendy
5th March 2007, 17:36
Hendy here,have paid,cant wait. See you all soon

fallofalot
5th March 2007, 21:49
Frosty, Just made two deposits of $50 for fallofalot and Granma.

Looking forward to May can't wait

FROSTY
6th March 2007, 17:58
cool as falloffa---hey man if ya need a hand with the beast ---im only up the road from ya

fallofalot
7th March 2007, 09:35
Cheers Frosty,
Haven't run the bike much yet let alone ride it.

Am having issues with the rear brake. Got the pistons out by drastic measures. Still really tight in the caliper and won't bleed. If I don't get it sorted soon I will give ya a call.

Smorg
7th March 2007, 11:21
i have a trailer that shud fit 2 bikes, will measure(lengthwise) it sometime this week.
But no car to pull it.

may have a car to pull, will let you know in the next 2 weeks

Hellraiser
10th March 2007, 10:18
We will be heading down on the Saturday and have the space for 6 bikes i'll be using 2 spaces the McBin's will be using 2 spaces so this leaves 2 spaces left if anyone needs their bike transported down, you will need to arrange to drop off and pick up your bike from Manukau as i will not be traveling all over auckland to pick them up and drop them off.

slinky
11th March 2007, 21:13
may have a car to pull, will let you know in the next 2 weeks

looking at the trailer i think it is too skinny.
at some stage this week will stick my bike on it, and see if it looks like two can fit on.

FROSTY
12th March 2007, 18:28
Folks I just got word that Plugs for Lugs --the earplug people will be there making custom made earplugs if you want them

SimJen
12th March 2007, 20:17
Frosty, just paid the deposit of $50.
What about classes? do you want us to nominate them here so you have an idea of numbers?
Hope the weathers good and see you there.

BNZ
12th March 2007, 20:43
Hey frosty, had a quick squiz and couldnt see this anywhere. How many people all up?

FROSTY
12th March 2007, 20:52
Im working to 100 people all up
It usually seems to even itself out into equal numbers in each class--
But the track has this ability to swallw up like 40 bikes no sweat

Trudes
12th March 2007, 21:34
Hi Frosty,

What is the cut off date for making the deposit? (assuming numbers are not exceeded)

FROSTY
13th March 2007, 07:14
ASAP mrs K ---basicly first in best dressed

The Stranger
13th March 2007, 07:28
looking at the trailer i think it is too skinny.
at some stage this week will stick my bike on it, and see if it looks like two can fit on.

Why don't you just ride it down, or you plan to bin it?

Plugz 4 Lugz
13th March 2007, 07:40
Good morning Frosty, Thank you for the Taupo info. We'd like to confirm our attendance at this event and would be happy for you to include this in your emails to riders. We look forward to being trackside, warm regards Sue

SimJen
13th March 2007, 08:04
Will photographers be at the track like the TT Trackdays?
Or shall I bring my camera? so my bro can take pics...

NinjaNanna
13th March 2007, 08:37
Doh, the first Track day I could afford to go to and it clashes with my mum's 50th in Australia!!!!!!!!!!!! :bye:

FROSTY
14th March 2007, 10:36
birthday/trackday--hmmm jeez is there any contest--box of chocs sent to gramma --alls good:Punk:

NinjaNanna
14th March 2007, 10:42
birthday/trackday--hmmm jeez is there any contest--box of chocs sent to gramma --alls good:Punk:

Yes would be a good reason not to go, but I've already paid for the $1200 worth of airfares. Hopefully I can catch TRACKDAY VI

nzkalt61
15th March 2007, 11:43
Husband has already paid and is rearing to go!!!! I will be a cheer leader for the day:yes: can not afford for us to both go out, dont mind tho, looking forward to it!!!

Thanks for all your hard work, you are doing a wonderful job!!!!

howdamnhard
16th March 2007, 02:05
Thanks for the invite,sounds like fun,but until I get my full licence and something a little faster than my GN 250 I think I'll give it a miss.

Devil
16th March 2007, 11:32
Thanks for the invite,sounds like fun,but until I get my full licence and something a little faster than my GN 250 I think I'll give it a miss.
Thats why there are different speed groups mate. You'd be fine on the ginny and you dont need your full licence! Plenty of people to give you riding tips as well.

Frosty, i've paid my deposit.

slinky
16th March 2007, 11:51
Why don't you just ride it down, or you plan to bin it?

figured i would get too tired riding it down, and then be too tired to ride it back...tired and tired isn't really the best thing for riding so yeh.

nutta
16th March 2007, 16:43
i just put 50 in for me and 50 in for blubyu ... cant wait...:Punk:

scracha
16th March 2007, 17:25
Frosy, can those wot have paid earlier get first dibs on group choice? I'm gonna request starting the day in slow/med as it'll be the first time out for me on the CBR (ok...I did about 6 laps in January but it was someone else's bike at the time).

first dibs? it's not like there's only a certain number of spots in each group

Kittyhawk
17th March 2007, 21:48

*puts hand up in the air and asks "can I play on the track too?"

scracha
19th March 2007, 22:43

Eh? My previous trackdays have had limits on each group. Surely this would be the case on a teeny weeny track like Taupo?

Eh? My previous trackdays have had limits on each group. Surely this would be the case on a teeny weeny track like Taupo?

Don't quote me on it mate, I ain't running the day... but it's a big track, and there wasn't any problems on the last couple about overcrowding in any groups, all that happens is the lines move in terms of what's defined fast and slow dependant on the group on the day.

Maths mate, all that median, first quartile and last quartile you may (or may not) have learned in school comes in handy eh!

FROSTY
20th March 2007, 20:37
mate you havent been to taupo for awhile have ya?
trust me the track coukld take 40 bikes without noticing

Skunk
21st March 2007, 18:45
Coughed up the dough.
I'll do the slowest laps.

Trudes
21st March 2007, 18:54
Oh really, I'm thinking of going, so you wanna bet?

mud boy
21st March 2007, 19:37
Coughed up the dough.

and come 1st again!!!!!:Punk:

mud boy
21st March 2007, 19:41
:gob: god FROSTY that wounld have took me all day and night to write that down:gob:

mud boy
21st March 2007, 19:46
i will be going its just the money!:gob:
i need a job!:mellow:
down south its so much better.
i miss the south Island:crybaby:

BNZ
21st March 2007, 20:45
Just paid for 3 mate.

ajturbo
21st March 2007, 21:52
Coughed up the dough.
yer... the money should go in tonight!!!
it is for luke, i wont be taking the buell round this time...

FROSTY
21st March 2007, 21:55
hmm ok aj--but er -you now admitting lukas faster than you??

ajturbo
21st March 2007, 22:08
lol.. if he had it his way.. yep!

but i "think" i should beat he down the straights.... ( i hope)

If you can get yer bike started ;)

BigG
25th March 2007, 17:18
I hope the weathers going to hold out noing Taupo it can be Beautifull or bleeding louzie, booked anyway you might need the cash.

40GEORGE TOPHAM 100.00 CR
41DeathWeasel 200.00 CR
42Phil Morgan 50.00 CR

This should actually be two people Frosty...

Deathstar and Weasel

Morcs
27th March 2007, 14:35
You going to be at motohaus on wednesday tony?

those coils can be my payment if you like...

Nah ill cough up the $$$ :)

FROSTY
27th March 2007, 19:17
:Punk: sweet as :Punk:

Quartermile
28th March 2007, 14:43
I will be there wont be on the track though......

boomer
28th March 2007, 19:48
Frosty,

just dropped the money in now, should be there tomorrow under 'fast fucker boomer'

churr

festus
28th March 2007, 22:15
Hey Frosty what's the limit on the numbers for the day? has this been reached yet?
I cannot commit to this event till the week prior due to work committments, so cannot commit at this stage?

just dropped the money in now, should be there tomorrow under 'fast fucker boomer'

One minute wonder eh?

festus
28th March 2007, 22:27
Frosty just combed thru the thread and see its limited to 100 bikes, what kind of numbers do you have dude? is the list at the start of the thread current?

boomer
29th March 2007, 00:56
One minute wonder eh?

Better to have scored than never scored at all? get ya slow ass outta the slow group and come see how fast teh liddle six hundie can go.

big boys on there big toys raping the slow group... l:lol:

Who said anything about me being in the slow group? matter of fact, on the 400 I was in the Med-Slow group. Slowest in that group perhaps, but still not the slow group.

Devil
29th March 2007, 13:32
I haven't quite decided if I want to run in the Med-Slow or Med-Fast group yet. Hrm. Might decide on the day.

FROSTY
31st March 2007, 18:10
only half full at this stage--but I expect it to be filling fast about now

FROSTY
1st April 2007, 18:44
righto folks--Im half full--this is usually when everybody decides they had better pull their fingers out

Latrine
2nd April 2007, 12:00
Finger pulled out.... Money deposited.

My first track day in NZ coming up!!!

Arven
3rd April 2007, 09:27
Hey Frosty, I have just deposited the 100 into your account. It should show up tomorrow with Arven as the refrence!

Bring on the trackday! :D

Smorg
3rd April 2007, 16:49
Removing fist from anus this week, will drop by:yes:

Morcs
3rd April 2007, 17:17
righto folks--Im half full--this is usually when everybody decides they had better pull their fingers out

Yes so come on everyone, do what the man says :P

Pumba
4th April 2007, 15:55
Ok ive done it, required item has been removed from said hole. And ive put the money in your bank acc as well

SuperDave
6th April 2007, 20:35
Have just transferred the $100 into your account now Frosty. Cheers.

racer6
6th April 2007, 22:04
For those heading to Taupo for the KB Track Day maybe you do two days... Kiwi TrackDays (www.kiwitrackdays.co.nz (http://www.kiwitrackdays.co.nz)) have a day on the full track on Wednesday 4th May as well.

Maybe ride Wednesday... take a day out to enjoy Taupo... then ride again on Friday (probably quicker because you've had time to think about the things you did right and wrong on Wednesday).

Worth thinking about while we still have great weather... or if the KB track day ends up booked out the Kiwi Track Days event on 4th May is always an option.

I'm not sure which if I'll make one or the other but I'm tempted to do both if I get to Taupo...

boomer
6th April 2007, 22:18
For those heading to Taupo for the KB Track Day maybe you do two days... Kiwi TrackDays (www.kiwitrackdays.co.nz (http://www.kiwitrackdays.co.nz)) have a day on the full track on Wednesday 4th May as well.

Maybe ride Wednesday... take a day out to enjoy Taupo... then ride again on Friday (probably quicker because you've had time to think about the things you did right and wrong on Wednesday).

Worth thinking about while we still have great weather... or if the KB track day ends up booked out the Kiwi Track Days event on 4th May is always an option.

I'm not sure which if I'll make one or the other but I'm tempted to do both if I get to Taupo...

good idea, can never get enough track. Although my days of doing what i want when i want end on tuesday :(

and you need to change your profile details sir ;) i do believe youi have a fags bike now :scooter:

granma2
7th April 2007, 13:07

We are looking at coming down on the Friday,(we are booked in for the Track Day on Sat 5th) does this mean we would be allowed on the track when we get there on Friday.
Is there an extra cost etc?

FROSTY
7th April 2007, 15:08
um --the KB trackday is 6th of may --im sorry I know nothing of any other trackdays

BigG
7th April 2007, 17:35
Kiwi Track Day is on the Friday, nothing on the Saterday, you might have to get your dates and days sorted out Granma2:yes:

FROSTY
9th April 2007, 19:12
Granmaa--Im sorry I dunno whacha mean--the trackday on the 6th has no relation to the trackday on the 4th

placidfemme
10th April 2007, 10:31
Are there still places available? And do you think there will be places left in about a week or two? (Need to sort out WOF & Rego before I can confirm 100%)...

*keen as chips for this*

FROSTY
10th April 2007, 19:11
there are still places now--but every day it gets fuller --now a 50 dollar deposit secures ya place

cowpoos
11th April 2007, 08:56
save me a dover a spot please fella

MadDuck
11th April 2007, 11:57
save me a dover a spot please fella

You want him to save you a dover ??? Geez you in need of help Mr Poos :dodge:

cowpoos
11th April 2007, 16:19
You want him to save you a dover ??? Geez you in need of help Mr Poos :dodge:
lol...thats a Poo-isum....lmao!!

blueblade
11th April 2007, 16:25
I see in the original post that bikes have to be up to WOF standard. Does this mean race bikes are excluded from the day. Sorry if this is covered somewhere but I couldnt see it after a quick skim.

cowpoos
11th April 2007, 17:12
I see in the original post that bikes have to be up to WOF standard. Does this mean race bikes are excluded from the day. Sorry if this is covered somewhere but I couldnt see it after a quick skim.
WOF standard means mechnically sound and not about to fall to bits or drip oil all over the track....etc

SuperDave
11th April 2007, 17:58
there are still places now--but every day it gets fuller --now a 50 dollar deposit secures ya place

Hey man, has the $100 I transferred still not gone through yet?

ajturbo
12th April 2007, 20:51
just a thought here frosty... will there be people there that could do some training?..you/doogle..???
was think of luke.....honest!

FROSTY
12th April 2007, 23:12
AJ--er mate watch this space--there might be a couple of suprise guests--
remember last may some bloke on a gixxer thou turned up --number 1 or summat on the front

Buddy L
12th April 2007, 23:28
just zinged my money to you. looking foward to opening up the bike on the track and seeing what she can do.

skidMark
13th April 2007, 02:26
how many people are going out on the day tony i see a big list already , whats the limit numberwise, i'm unsure if i will have a bike by then,

and more to the point...any spaces left?

BigG
13th April 2007, 07:32
just zinged my money to you. looking foward to opening up the bike on the track and seeing what she can do.

You'll never find out, back straight aint long enough, you might get 260, 270 if your lucky, but it's a good track.

White trash
13th April 2007, 08:44
AJ--er mate watch this space--there might be a couple of suprise guests--
remember last may some bloke on a gixxer thou turned up --number 1 or summat on the front
Well seing as he's wrapped up in Australian Superbikes, you wont see a number 1 plate on a Superbike there.

Unless Eddie attends, then ya might see a number 1 indicating how many consecutive laps he completes..........

SpankMe
15th April 2007, 09:57
I can't make this track day as I will be in Christchurch.

Anyone taking a cage down want to take the KB flag to the track?

Nicksta
15th April 2007, 10:10
Team Bent Spanner can try and fit it in if Frosty doesnt come grab it... i'll ask Ed....

SpankMe
15th April 2007, 10:14
Thanks Nicksta. I'm more than happy to drop it off anywhere.

skidMark
15th April 2007, 11:32
really hoping i can make this one, would anybody have a spare spot on a bike trailer for my vfr400?

i can chip in for gas for the cage.

as the bike needs revin i won't be able to ride it down.

placidfemme
16th April 2007, 12:01
:) Will have the ZXR all sweet by May 6th.

Is there anyone else going in cage or who is able to take Sam with them? Trying to organise some transport, but just incase.... please let me know :)

placidfemme
16th April 2007, 13:24
Insuring your bike for track days.

---------------------------------------------------------

Guys n gals I've been asked about bike insurance cover whilst on the Taupo Track
Specificly during a KB track day.
Once again please let me cover this off once and for all
Insurance cover /exclusion is the responsibility of the individual rider to organise.
However as I have made VERY clear in the past
The Kiwibiker trackday in no way is or ever will be a RACE meeting, pacemaking, a reliability trial, speed testor a timed EVENT.
What that means in plain english is I (AS EVENT ORGANISER) cannot/will not run a RACE meeting or in any way run timing equipment of any sort.
I cannot however control the actions of any individual who chooses to use HAND HELD timing equipment such as a stopwatch.
I will be forced to ask that said timing desists -SHOULD I SEE THE TIMING TAKING PLACE

As with EVERY track day I have ever run there will be specific 1 on 1 rider training taking place during the day.

From day one I have made it clear that my trackdays are for the specific purpose of improving your individual riding skills in a safe,controlled enviroment. As such you could say they have always been rider training days.

Anyone unsure how they individually stand in regards to this needs to contact their insurance company.

On a personal note I would like to meet with the undewrighters of any insurance company that elects to decline cover--

Hey Fosty

I'm with NAC (Northern Auto Club) and my insurance policy states:

"Uses of the Cycle/Motorcycle which are not covered"

Point 6: Either practising for, or taking part in any activity, whether organised or not and whether on a road or not, that contains any element of any one or more of racing, time trialling, rallying, sprinting or drag racing, motor sport event, demonstration, or test or advance driver training.

I called them up and advised what was happening and read to them the above section of the policy... I had to be put through to 4 different insurance agents before one could answer my question...

They said they would cover me if I provided the Venue location, Track Day date and event name, I told them the event name was "Kiwi Biker Trackday 5", so I hope thats ok.

My excess for the trackday is double my normal excess ($1500 if I crash on the track... $750 if I crash anywhere else).

Does that sound about right for Trackday insurance?

Oh well.. at least I'm covered and I also requested that a letter be sent to me stating I am covered for Trackdays (well this one at least)

skidMark
16th April 2007, 14:37
:) Will have the ZXR all sweet by May 6th.

Is there anyone else going in cage or who is able to take Sam with them? Trying to organise some transport, but just incase.... please let me know :)

hey i asked first hahaha

placidfemme
16th April 2007, 14:54
hey i asked first hahaha

Fair enough... and you will be riding at the trackday too... Sam will just be watching... my #1 fan (cause she's the only one LOL)

I'm not too fused heading down on my own cause I'll be staying in Tauranga and then riding to the Trackday early... but Sam really wants to come... still trying to sort out a few things tho...

Finn
16th April 2007, 15:34
Anyone taking a cage down want to take the KB flag to the track?

Can't Grahameeboy ride down by himself?

Edit: Oh sorry, you said flag.

FROSTY
16th April 2007, 19:27
Hey PF---My advice--organise a car and trailer or even a van

cowpoos
16th April 2007, 21:19
Can't Grahameeboy ride down by himself?

Edit: Oh sorry, you said flag.
are you coming Mr slight?

placidfemme
17th April 2007, 09:18
Hey PF---My advice--organise a car and trailer or even a van

Yeah unfortunatley Sam and I don't have a vehicle of the 4 wheeled variety... Might have found a ride for Sam... still confirming details...

Possum41
17th April 2007, 09:31
Are there any places still available for this track day?? i'm going to be in Taupo for the Kiwitrackday on the Friday so i can do this track day also.
Cheers

Latrine
17th April 2007, 16:45
Does anybody know where one can hire a bike trailer in Auckland area?

Thanx

FROSTY
17th April 2007, 19:26
possum--let ya cheque book do the talking and youll be in with a grin.
Latrine---I'd just rent a budget trailer and tie her down well

Hellraiser
17th April 2007, 20:15
I may have one bike space avaliable on a trailer, maybe more if i find someone with a ramp so then i can load up the truck too.

ArcherWC
17th April 2007, 20:51
Hey Frosty, dont forget to add me to the list

FROSTY
18th April 2007, 08:55
I fort dat wuz a donashun

Latrine
18th April 2007, 11:48
Latrine---I'd just rent a budget trailer and tie her down well

The problem is loading the bike by myself. Not that easy on budget trailer.

MadDuck
18th April 2007, 12:04
The problem is loading the bike by myself. Not that easy on budget trailer.

PM sent. If all you need is a hand loading the bike give me a shout.

placidfemme
18th April 2007, 12:51
Accomodation for track day

Camellia court is the place I usually organise
They are in Tonga st
Taupo
Which is just off Spa road -(The road to the track)
The place is really nice .
They have motel units, 2 which will take 5 people 5 will take 3. They have one cabin sleeping 6 and a couple of others sleeping 4 The deal is a warm bed for the night,hot showers and tea/coffee/cooking facilities supplied - as well as the civilised way to do things methinks.

PH-073784346
If you want a unit give them a call .

Does anyone have space left in the group rooms for 2 people?

I just called up the motel place, and Sam and I can stay in a single/studio or whatever, but just wanted to check if anyone wants to full up some beds before I confirm my booking?

4 strokes
18th April 2007, 20:03
all paid up and keen 4 for my first track day. Any one got some spare training wheels?:scooter:

Pumba
18th April 2007, 20:50
all paid up and keen 4 for my first track day. Any one got some spare training wheels?:scooter:

Training wheels are just going to get in the way when leaning in to a corner

sinned
18th April 2007, 20:53
I can't make it to the track day.
I have a booking at Camellia court for a 3 bed motel.

Does anyone want to pick up my $50 deposit at a discount price of $30.00 ( that will keep your total at $100 if you miss the 2 week deadline) and the reservation for the motel unit (guaranteed place to stay).

PM me if you want the package.

Big Chim
19th April 2007, 17:46
Hey frosty just fired across monies for myself and Momentum

Catch ya all on the 6th

kornboy
20th April 2007, 12:18
hey frosty
whats the deal with high viz vests....i am a track virgin and ill be there on the 6th. DO i have to buy a high viz vest for the first session or will there be a few provided?? Cheers

The Stranger
20th April 2007, 12:27
hey frosty
whats the deal with high viz vests....i am a track virgin and ill be there on the 6th. DO i have to buy a high viz vest for the first session or will there be a few provided?? Cheers

You should be wearing one of these at ALL time on the road, they are the most important piece of equipment you can own and should have been purchased even before your bike.
Go get one immediately and wear it every time you ride.

placidfemme
20th April 2007, 12:35
ahhh just re-read the rules and realised that I now need a fluro vest... does anyone have one I can borrow or suggestions on where to buy a cheap one?

Pumba
20th April 2007, 12:38
I was a track day newbee at the last track day and I didnt wear a vest. Before rushing out and spending money I would wait for a response from frosty.

bert_is_evil
20th April 2007, 13:24
I'm in
10 char

bert_is_evil
20th April 2007, 13:26
ahhh just re-read the rules and realised that I now need a fluro vest... does anyone have one I can borrow or suggestions on where to buy a cheap one?

The Warehouse, about 10 bucks

Latrine
20th April 2007, 14:38
Frosty, regarding point 20)First session ALL trackday newbees must wear a fluro vest. Again please be extra conciderate when passing them....

Is this applicable to first time trackday or first time Taupo track day?

FROSTY
20th April 2007, 19:17
There will be fluro available--or buy ya own --your call

DEATH_INC.
20th April 2007, 20:02
Paid up for me and draco. :gob:

Meekey_Mouse
21st April 2007, 11:43
Hey Frosty, is there room for one more?

Looks as though I will have a bike for this date :Punk:

FROSTY
21st April 2007, 21:04
sweetas--money talks folks

sinned
21st April 2007, 21:55
The Warehouse ones are okay. Cost $16.00.

GSVR
22nd April 2007, 10:08
Looks like I'll be there or I've just put $101.48c into Tonys account for nothing.

Meekey_Mouse
22nd April 2007, 11:29
WOOHOO! Put the money in today Tony :yes: Reference is Meekey_Mouse

:done: :headbang: :wari: ....:shit: :crazy: :eek5: :sweatdrop ...
That'll be my first time seeing my new bike as mine.. and first proper ride on it! :shutup:

Meekey_Mouse
24th April 2007, 18:39
If any one needs a place to stay for the night PM me. We have one spare bed (might be taken already), couches, floor space and room in the front yard for a tent if ya want to :laugh:

Not sure how much floor space is left lol, but I'm sure we can figure out a way to fit in who ever needs a spot.

Hope to see you all on the 5th :soon: :Punk:

Jas

:done:

Aero165
24th April 2007, 18:43
If any one needs a place to stay for the night PM me. We have one spare bed (might be taken already), couches, floor space and room in the front yard for a tent if ya want to :laugh:

Not sure how much floor space is left lol, but I'm sure we can figure out a way to fit in who ever needs a spot.

Hope to see you all on the 5th :soon: :Punk:

Jas

:done:

Or if your a sexy female aged from 17 to 23 there's always my bed down the hall! :rockon:

SimJen
24th April 2007, 19:27
You should be wearing one of these at ALL time on the road, they are the most important piece of equipment you can own and should have been purchased even before your bike.
Go get one immediately and wear it every time you ride.

What eva
"should have been purchased even before your bike" so you can get seen while walking down the street, difficult to make friends while you're wearing one though aye :Punk:
Each to their own methods, I just prefer to ride defensively with my lights on. Some people just wouldn't see you, even if you were naked with a flashing light on your knob :)

The Stranger
24th April 2007, 19:41
Some people just wouldn't see you, even if you were naked with a flashing light on your knob :)

I do this also.
Everyone sees me.

SimJen
24th April 2007, 19:44
Entirely depends on the size of said "knob" and colour of the flashing lights.

sinned
24th April 2007, 19:59
I have just called the motel and cancelled my (3 bed) motel room booking. Somewhere for someone to stay.
Frosty you now have a donation of $50 - I can't make it.
Next time?

DEATH_INC.
24th April 2007, 22:35
Team Bent Spanner can try and fit it in if Frosty doesnt come grab it... i'll ask Ed....
She's right nicksta, I'll take it. Spank, drop it (the Flag) to me, I'll take 'er for ya.

Two Smoker
25th April 2007, 17:55
Apparently we are going to be turning up... I might even be wobbling my way around the track too... :scooter:

moT
26th April 2007, 14:10
Who said anything about me being in the slow group? matter of fact, on the 400 I was in the Med-Slow group. Slowest in that group perhaps, but still not the slow group.

you cld easly go in the fast group with the 400 i go in the fast group with my 400 i keep up with the big toys

Drew
26th April 2007, 15:44
Me and Flame are paid up, so it's gonna be all on now!

cowpoos
26th April 2007, 15:49
you coming up for the weekend??

El Dopa
26th April 2007, 18:44
Hey Frosty - are we going to be using the old pits or the new pits?

FROSTY
26th April 2007, 21:35
DEFINITEL:Y -----new pits

GIXser
26th April 2007, 21:40
Well seing as he's wrapped up in Australian Superbikes, you wont see a number 1 plate on a Superbike there.

Unless Eddie attends, then ya might see a number 1 indicating how many consecutive laps he completes..........

Ouch
...........:gob:

White trash
26th April 2007, 21:42
Ohhhhhhhhh, damn right it is.

boomer
26th April 2007, 21:59
lets hope i can get my radiator fixed in time. I just poured some rad weld shit in there and teh hole just laughed at me.

i'll take it to the garage tomorrow for ANOTHER repair and ask him to fabricate a chicken fence around it whilst he's at it.

FROSTY
26th April 2007, 22:33
OMG--its gonna be minimoto racing back side of the pits

boomer
26th April 2007, 22:36

nah man, this is gonna be like bumper cars on two wheels, imagine chicken wire draped all around teh bike ... wind drag shouldn't be an issue at Hondah speeds huh..

White trash
26th April 2007, 22:39
Cool! Can I bring my new one? I wanna ride it in the slow group.

Drew
26th April 2007, 23:39
Cool! Can I bring my new one? I wanna ride it in the slow group.

I'll bring some cones, and a GN, and we'll set up course in the car park.

cowpoos
26th April 2007, 23:43
I'll bring some cones, and a GN, and we'll set up course in the car park.
your a slow learner arn't ya!

Drew
26th April 2007, 23:51
your a slow learner arn't ya!

How so? The thou is coming up now, with warmers and good rubber, so here's hoping for a better run this time round.

I think I'll be more quiet about my aspirations however.

cowpoos
26th April 2007, 23:55
How so? The thou is coming up now, with warmers and good rubber, so here's hoping for a better run this time round.

I think I'll be more quiet about my aspirations however.
god shit fella!!! that mean you gunna do F1?

Drew
27th April 2007, 00:00
god shit fella!!! that mean you gunna do F1?

The track day will be the decider. You have any luck with that rear shock bro?

SimJen
27th April 2007, 07:58
Weathers currently not looking good for the weekend 5-6th.
Long term forecast: http://www.metservice.com/default/index.php?alias=farmtaupo
Keep an eye on it though, hopefully it'll change.

cowpoos
27th April 2007, 09:49
The track day will be the decider. You have any luck with that rear shock bro?
I forgot about it after your I'm not fucking racing in F1 tantrum

Dunc
27th April 2007, 12:34
Hey Frosty, are there still places left, or all sold out. I saw last day to reg was Sunday, but the notice has disappeared from the home page, so thought I'd check.

Have just bought an '04 Aprilia Tuono (upgrade from 250cc Hornet) so still trying to decide if I should come down for this track day, or try to get more familiar with the bike first... hmmm...

Drew
27th April 2007, 12:58
I forgot about it after your I'm not fucking racing in F1 tantrum

You're full of shit, the last words spoken while I was packing that tanty, was you saying you were getting a shock, nomatter, I'll work on the settings as much as I can, and just get it serviced if I decide to race it. Probably wont tho.

Devil
27th April 2007, 13:10
Hey Frosty, are there still places left, or all sold out. I saw last day to reg was Sunday, but the notice has disappeared from the home page, so thought I'd check.

Have just bought an '04 Aprilia Tuono (upgrade from 250cc Hornet) so still trying to decide if I should come down for this track day, or try to get more familiar with the bike first... hmmm...

You godamn pimp. and yes, put your money in the account. Bring the 'prilia

FROSTY
27th April 2007, 14:39
all account details will be removed on sunday
no payments will be accdepted after that
Otherwise the accountant will have a big ol tanty
ANYONE SEEN AN ACCOUNTANT TANTY--IT AINT PRETTY

quallman1234
27th April 2007, 15:19
May have a last minute entry depending if i can or not :).
Probably using a different bike though for a little while that is.

Will use my display name as the reference

montsta56
28th April 2007, 19:30
Mate I've just paid up in full:rockon:

Weather reports for 5th May...

Looking ok so far, but who knows about the weather eh :gob:

Crazy Steve
29th April 2007, 16:18
Frosty I know you don't like me..And ive been nice every since I met you in 1990..

But would you please reply to my Pm..

I want to buy the deposit of someone that has already paid and that now can't go...

Is it Posiable??

And if yes can I pay the $50 Diff on Tuesday??(Cash in your Hand?)

Crazy Steve..

Skunk
29th April 2007, 17:11
Weather reports for 5th May...
Looking ok so far, but who knows about the weather eh
I think the weather on Sunday is more important...

I think the weather on Sunday is more important...

Well when I did it, the website wasn't showing Sunday, and it also seems to have changed since the last time I looked anyways.

slinky
30th April 2007, 09:16
ok. this is gonna be a long week!! its only monday morning, the excitements starting to kick in!!!

Pickle
30th April 2007, 11:32
Accomadation available - we have 5 beds spare for Saturday nite & 6 for Sunday, 2 minute walk to centre of Taupo, fully furnished unit with internal access garage, need to bring own bed linen. $28 per person for the two nights if we manage to fill the unit.
PM me if you are interested.

placidfemme
1st May 2007, 11:32
http://www.metservice.com/default/index.php?alias=farmtaupo

Sun 6 Mainly fine. Light winds.

yeahhhh! :sunny: :Punk: :scooter:

GIXser
1st May 2007, 13:51
lets hope i can get my radiator fixed in time. I just poured some rad weld shit in there and teh hole just laughed at me.

i'll take it to the garage tomorrow for ANOTHER repair and ask him to fabricate a chicken fence around it whilst he's at it.

cos ya have a dirty honda---nuff said

boomer
1st May 2007, 16:17
cos ya have a dirty honda---nuff said

Don't be a hater! :no:

Morcs
1st May 2007, 17:17
Don't be a hater! :no:

The Hondas are gonna kick arse :)

MidnightMike
1st May 2007, 17:27
Man, ive never been to one, but it sounds like its gonna be awesome,

This weeks gonna feel like months isnt it? :(

scracha
1st May 2007, 18:48
Stuff the stewards...who's taking the piccies?

Meekey_Mouse
1st May 2007, 20:06
Stuff the stewards...who's taking the piccies?

Ooh yeah! Is any one going to be taking pics FROSTY?

FROSTY
1st May 2007, 20:16
Baby B will be there --shes usually prety darn good.
Any I betcha if its anything like all the other track days then itll be tons n tons of pics

kornboy
1st May 2007, 20:32
Is there going to be someone on the track taking pics frosty? Pics are good :D

GIXser
1st May 2007, 21:12
The Hondas are gonna kick arse :)

ill put ten bucks on that they dont..any takers ??!!:scooter:

Possum41
1st May 2007, 21:13
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Colapop
1st May 2007, 21:23
I will be taking pics for anyone and everyone... all I need is a camera! I am willing to be the pit bitch from hell! I can't do shit but stand around, and fart on about nothing, and take blurry fucked up pics but I will at least be there....

Anyone got a camera?

cowpoos
1st May 2007, 22:36
make that one million and ten dollars!!! bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

FROSTY
1st May 2007, 23:05
see if I got this right --Yooze fullas are betting that one brand or another will be fastest round the track---HMMM
Now what kinda money is bein ntied up ??
He says knowing he can totally knobble the situation

cowpoos
1st May 2007, 23:16
see if I got this right --Yooze fullas are betting that one brand or another will be fastest round the track---HMMM
Now what kinda money is bein ntied up ??
He says knowing he can totally knobble the situation
frosty...behave!!!

boomer
1st May 2007, 23:28

i'll go ten.. and raise ya 10 if you finish a session :yes:

this hondah will be kickin ass, gixxer 6's, seven fiddies and teh thou's ( if i get her fixed that is :p)

i'll go ten.. and raise ya 10 if you finish a session :yes:

this hondah will be kickin ass, gixxer 6's, seven fiddies and teh thou's ( if i get her fixed that is :p)

probably this one anyways :(

You going med-fast or fast group?